Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #23

Afternoon all!
    I know there is heaps that I have missed and will go by memory as to what I wanted to say!
    francesca - Welcome to our lovely, supportive, talkative group! I know you will love it here!
    Paid maternity leave-I was lucky in that I got 6 weeks paid leave. They werent supposed to give it to me as I hadnt been there long enough (9 months as opposed to 1 year) but the payroll lady stuffed up!
    Sleeping-Last night Caitlyn decided that sleep is over-rated and she had had enough. So, down at 6, up at 715, 830, 9 and then slept until 1230 then up again at 230, and then at 545
    grrr why does this always happen with DH is away?!?! She had slept for almost 12 hours straight for 3 days and it was marvelous!! I think the new wrapping did it at first, now I think she hates it so much that she is trying to get out all the time and is waking herself up when she cant move her arms
    Teeth- the only sign of C getting teeth it seems is the HUGE amount of drool! They called me from daycare on Friday to come get her cause she had a temp of 38! Freak me out!! I got there and her cheeks were SO RED!! I panicked! got her home, took her temp with a real thermometer(they use a fever strip at DC) and it was not even 36! She was a little grumpy so I did give her some panadol and she went back to sleep. Over the weekend she has been fine so off to DC today.
    Happy 5 months to Keiran and Tahlia!!
    Well, just when I thought things would run smootly......my phone is stuffed - my mobile. and telstra have done NOTHING to help with the problem. Maybe cause the phone is under warranty and they would have to pay for it! Plus i have to send it away and be without a phone for however long that will take! I hate this place!
    anyway - dh has just called seems they stuffed his TAFE up AGAIN and it looks like he will be back onWednesday instead of Saturday so that will be good - hate him being away
    Oh -0 had better head off and get little Miss C from DC
    have a great night all
    mwah

Hi all! Just a quick one to say hello and happy 5 months to Kieran and Tahlia!!!

K is being really clingy and grizzly and is only sleeping one sleep cycle, oh the fun! I have a splitting headache and am feeling a bit mental so I'm most likely going to stay at my mum's house with the boys for a couple of days for some R&R.

Sorry for no personals, but I only get a minute or two to myself before K cracks it and needs my attention atm! Going to the chiro again tomorrow and the paediatrician on Friday, hopefully someone can help!!

Have a great night

So much to read and so little time!

Paid Mat leave- i agree, 100% essential. Although i think that it should be 6 months paid leave (pigs might fly) so mothers can exclusively BF for 6 months (WHO recommendation) more easily. Expressing is a task no-one should be forced to endure!
    Sliding scale contributios sounds like a great idea.... makes it fair. Can't have the bakery closing down Amber, where we would all get our custard tarts????

Viv- I know meat and pasta sounds a bit grown up but i think she is ready for it. She has been great on solids. Eats pumpkin, pot, sweet pot, broc, zuch, parsnip, cauli, apple, banana, pear, avo, baby porridge, rice cereal and chews on rusks. She has 3 meals a day and she screams for more food if i only give her a little bit, i think all the new movement has increased the appetite.
    She has the hang of the sippy cup and manages chunks in her mash. So i am planning on giving her some of that Ballamy's rice pasta in the next week (will be 4 weeks on solids). Not 100% on the meat idea yet, don't we, as adults have a hard time digesting it? Maybe i'll start with fish...... Either way i will puree the meat and mix it in with some veg.

Amber- in the mesh bag i put whole bits of pear, banana, frozen cube of mashed veg, ice, anything she can squash with her gums really.

Mo- i'm in for a meet-up.

We were having a few sleep issue here. Screaming when even getting close to the cot. After much bewilderment on my behalf i spoke to MCHN. Discovered she had a little case of separation anxiety. So now i hang out in her room, cleaning it and leave a night light on and she is fine. Sheeeeesh..... wish they could talk sometimes. Would have saved a few days of nap time tantrums!

Trish- hope you're all better down your way, package arrived safely. thanks

MIL gone, survived, JUST. Was going to put her in the fire if she spoke in a baby voice to Lu for much longer. Man i hate that. Just speak properly. How is a baby supposed to learn if you teach if baby words?!!!! ..........................rant over.

Willow- Great news on the head circ, early growth for big brains i guess!

Night all. off to watch elimintation, hope it's the cryer!

Trish - I hpoe you get a nice break at your mum's, you sound like you need it! I thought the paed was today . Good luck for Friday, hopefully s/he'll have some ideas.

Happy 5 months to Kieran and Tahlia
    Happy 5 months to Logan for tomorrow

L has caught the 45minute sleep thing thats going around. Only had 2x45min sleeps all day which is unusual for him. Also doing a bit of screaming and getting really upset which isn't like him either. Down for the count now but don't like the prospects for overnight.

Trish - hope you have a nice rest at your mums
    Viv - do you go to a Mothers Group? Is there a mum there that you could call upon and then babysit her bub at some point? I know there are Dial an Angel services that do babysitting. There are also occassional day care centres. Don't know too much about them.
    Ange - wow Lu really has this eating thing down. WTG.

Anyway, off to express myself.

Have a good evening and night.

Trish-Hope you have a nice break at your mums & come back feeling rested.

Willow-Wow L is a big boy, He must be the biggest here. Great news about the head-circ as-well

Ange-Wow Lu loves her food, M still not that interested in food.
    She seems to have gone off it more now, only eats half of what she use to.

Rebecca-Hope your phone trouble gets sorted out soon.

M had her needles yesterday, glad she doesn't have to go back for another 6 months.
    She was unsettled last night went down at 6pm woke 10, 12, 1:30, 3, 6 then finally i got up at 7.
    Gone off her bottle's a bit, 100-120mls every-feed 4 feeds a day.
    Doc checked out her ear said it was fine, so she could be teething.

Happy 5 months to Logan & Happy 6 months to Myles

What a nightmare night...

Max decided it was party time in his crib!

He'd better have a good excuse for it!!!

Hey everyone! Thank you for Ryans well wishes he is so much better now he is still having some snuffles and probs breathing he has 2 weeks to get over it before he gets chest x-rays for possible asthma, it's not very bad though so I don't know, my poor bubalug.

Welcome Francesca isn't Ryan a fantastic name :-). If I had my way he'd have been Ryan Seth as well! But my partner doesn't like the name Seth and James is a family name so I got to pick his first name (my partner wanted Christian James). Ry was due on the 13th but decided he was too comfy so sat around for another 2 days. Congrats on your gorgeous man he's definately a cutie!

Got Ry weighed at the dr and he's 9.3kg He doesn't look fat fat though he's just so chunky and muscley. Have some new pictures on Facebook if anyone wants to see them.

We've finally outgrown the My Little Bed, cot sleeping is a nightmare he wakes up constantly, he has jammies so if he wriggles out of the covers he is still warm. He's starting to reach for people now and whinges to be picked up.

Paid maternity leave-I went for a job when I was pregnant and had to tell them at the interview and they gave the job to a complete drop kick guy instead who was only there a max of 2 months so I think it does make a difference. Although my old boss didn't care, I was only casual but as long as work wasn't too hectic I got extra lunch breaks if needed and got early marks and was still paid to help me keep at it at work and so I'd get a bit more money saved up.

I was going to go back through and answer ppl individually but bubs is whinging it's lunch time, mmm chicken soup from one end of the loungeroom to another lol this will be fun haha

whoever asked about 'yummy mummy' - it's just the category you fall into if you keep modelling past about the age of 26. the 26-35 market is booming so the advertisers want oldies like me to stay in the biz. easy money - just not ready to go back to it full-on until piggy mcgoo is on solids.

had him weighed the other day 9.107. he's a lump. a beautiful lump tho.

visited a friend today. she is due tomorrow. she's a pure belly on a normal body. i guess boy because it really does look like she's stuffed a basketball up there. heh. i hoped my visit might trigger it but nothing yet, although i did give her a packet of the curry i had the night i went into labour. heh. funny gift.

got some sleep round here last night. not sure if it's because he had three lots of baby cereal... hmmm.

Well we aren't the heaviest bub after all, looks like Ryan has that in the bag, followed closely by James!

Another bub who fell off the bed he's totally fine, just scared the poor little bugger and made mum feel like carp....

can i officially ban babies on the beds now unless we're in the bed with them?

Wow we have some big boys here it's great, Wonder how long it will take for the girls to reach 9kg?

Awww Willow

Viv- I think that's a good idea, seems we are not use to having babies who roll every-where.

Just a quick questions for those still wrapping bubs.......do they all have a dummy. I think the only reason we are stil wrapping C is because if she has her arms out she pulls her dummy out and hasnt figured out how to put it back in herself...just curious.....
    mwah

Viv - yeah, that might be in order actually....still not used to how far he can work his way around now, but he managed to roll himself off a queen sized bed so that's that, no more lying on the spare bed while mum's doing stuff (was folding laundry, just wasn't quick enough to catch him).

Rebecca - L is still wrapped and yes, he has a dummy but not all the time. I only give it to him if he hasn't settled within about 5-10 minutes (generally one out of 3 of his day sleeps) and he doesn't have it overnight, has never needed it. He feeds and goes straight back to sleep without it. I actually wrap him with his arms out at night, but he doesn't like that during the day yet. I agree that the dummy makes the 'unwrapping' harder. Managed it with DD but can't remember how! She had her dummy a lot more than he does by this stage. I wish he didn't have one at all.
    Last edited by Willow; April 1st, 2008 at 07:54 PM.

Rebecca-Have you tried mittens on C's hand? Or even the body-suits that cover the hands? Might stop C from pulling her dummy out

Mo-Tried mittens and theydidnt work - she could still hook into it somehow and rip it out - shes a master at it I swear!! Haven't seen any body suits with hands - only feet. But am off to Townsville next week so will have a look then. Am planning on getting a bumbo while I am there too! C is trying to sit up and this morning she grabbed her foot while I had her propped and was so surprised she sat by herself a little. She must have pinched herself a little hard tho cause she let go of her foot and went backwards!! She SOOOO wants to sit up and look around! Her rocker/bouncer thingy doesnt cut it and neither does her swing anymore!
    anyway - C is at daycare and I don't start work till midday so am off to do some housework - my dad will be here on Monday!!

Did you use the newborn mittens or the mittens for older babies?
    M got pair of really thick mittens for easter that she can't get out of.
    If the body-suit fails as well, you can always try mittens on top of the body-suit lol

Sure C will love the bumbo, M still likes hers.

just had Tyron weighed and he was 9.1kg!
    not sure of length but guessing atleast 70cm
    No solids yet though.

stopped wrapping Tyron just in the last few days since going into the cot. he decided at about 2months he didnt want a dummy. its funny though he does this little sucking action in his sleep!
    Nixon has been in a big bed for 3 nights now, going really well, find the day sleep a bit harder but generally transisioned well

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast