Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #23

Default Babies Born October 2007 #23

This thread is for parents whose baby was born in October 2007.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Astrolady ~ Administrator
    Trillian ~ Senior Moderator
    Dachlostar ~ Senior Moderator
    Lea13
    MistyFying

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Baby Formula - What Manufacturers Don't Want You To Know
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids or formula.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

The Previous thread is here http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/your...2007-22-a.html

Last edited by Trillian; April 5th, 2008 at 05:22 PM.

Ok, now that I have got in first, time for the post.

Welcome Francesca. Look forward to getting to know you and little Ryan.

Trish - you really are going through a rough patch, poor thing. Its nice that your sister can take Joel off your hands. Nothing worse than having 3 sick boys to look after.
    Amber - poor you. Glad Myles wasn't hurt. Have to admit I have the habit of leaving L on the bed while I turn my back for a minute. DH is always telling me off. Happy 6 months for Myles tomorrow.
    Julia - I am all for across the board paid mat leave. I received 12 weeks at full pay which I was able to take at half pay and therefore had double the leave. It has just made the whole process a lot less stressful IYKWIM. It is against the law for anyone to be asked questions relating to their parental status or intentions. I know that it still happens out there but it shouldn't. Those neanderthal employers out there need have a reality check or they won't get good staff. *steps off the soapbox*

Anyway, heaps more to post but L has woken up from a marathon sleep, DH is dressed and ready to go car seat shopping.

BBL

Happy 6 months to Lu Ange, Maybe i'll have to introduce myself on the cloth nappy forum.

Saffi have fun car seat shopping.

Hi everyone,
    Well we have had a lot of excitement over the last few days so here comes a perky post.

Sleeping - Ethan slept through from 7pm to 7am only with a dream feed at 10 3 nights in a row. Yay!!! He is catnapping less during the day which is good as I am actually getting things done. He still naps a little but not as much as before.

Solids - I gave Ethan a taste of carrot about a week ago and he didn't mind it but only took 2 very small spoonfuls. So we decided that he still isn't ready so we left him for a few days. Then he ate 1/2 teaspoon of carrot happily. Yesterday he was off his bottle so I gave him some sweet potato from a jar and he loved it. Opened his mouth every time so I thought that he was ready. Today he had 1 teaspoon of sweet potato and was very happy to have his bottle after. It is a bit exciting.

Car seat - We are turning Ethan around this weekend as he is now 8.5kg and the manual for our seat says to turn them around at 8 kg. I think he will be happier as he can sticky beak (something he is very good at).

Hope you are all having a great weekend.

by chamomilla i mean the homeopathic teething treatment. i bought some today on the advice of my friend and am hoping it will make j-boy feel better tonight. it has pain relief and calming properties and is completely natural. i've got bonjela and Brauer teething relief (the chamomilla thing). See how we go.

Falguni - meat and pasta! wow. little man had some rice again yesterday. meh.

Formula - well, yeah he did like it but last yesterday afternoon he puked up so hard it came out his nose and he cried and cried. i don't know if it was the 10am bottle or the 4pm farex that did it. either way he wasn't happy. i felt bad so it's just pure boob today. why does everything have to be a minefield?

i read somewhere that 'severe reflux' causes it to come out their nose. gawd, it's a bit early for that and i'd rather stuff come out his nose from laughing than upset tummy. anyone know about this?

scared to try more formula now, just in case.

Hi everyone,
    Hope your all having a good weekend. Isn't this rain in Melbourne excellent?

Does anyone know if going off their milk is a sign of teething?

Just a reminder that first/gold posts will be removed. There is no need to post to get thread notifications.

Hi everyone!!! Thanks for the welcome!

kellied: A few weeks before Ryan's first tooth appeared, he would cry during a feed. Not sure if you'd consider that going off his milk though. What's your little one doing during a feed?

alz: Ethan's sleep sounds fantastic!! Ryan used to sleep well until 4 weeks ago. Now he wakes twice a night.

The rain is wonderful.

Another shocker today! Myles fell off the bed again! I must be the worst mum ion the world! I turned my back for one second and he was off I am so upset this time i cant even talk about with DH!!!!

Maternity leave! Hmmm being a small business owner I am unsure about it! If the government will be paying then yeah go for it! But if we had to pay for maternity leave and put another person one we would go under! Our business could not afford it and we would be broke That's just my opinion!

Well am trying Myles on some mash tonight! and bought him one of those teether mesh bag things! What do you put in them?

Anyway better go hopefully I will feel better soon! xx

Amber M fell off the bed not long ago, So i know how you feel.
    Your not a bad mum these things happen don't be so hard on yourself & if your a bad Mum then i one as-well. At least Myles fine & that's the main thing

With the mesh bags you can put what ever you want in them, meat, veggies, Fruit they are mainly just so they can taste things without you worrying about them choking.

Francesca are you from Vic as-well? If so where abouts?

Trinity: I'm in Doncaster, how about you???

ooh, forgot to answer the paid maternity leave thing.

i wrote a paper on it at uni. it is absolutely critical, and total discrimination, that women are not entitled to paid maternity leave like most developed countries (especially europe). there are lots of arguments as to how it should be financed, either govt, employer, all the population or a mixture of any of the above.

our population rate of increase was woeful (hence the baby bonus) because many women just couldn't afford to do it.

we're charged with the most important job in the world - furthering the human race who will then drive the economy. it should not be a penalty against women because without us there will be no more men.

many countries have 14 weeks and this is what we should have.

as for lawyers, as one, you might be surprised to note that many of the bigger firms have paid maternity leave as a very attractive carrot for women. it is 100% against the law for an employer to ask a woman if or when she plans to have children, or what her family responsibilities are.

naturally the discrimination still happens, though unspoken. men definitely have an advantage in career through simply being male, and it is totally reasonable that women be compensated for the loss of time in career to have children.

boomba, i totally agree about small business, and perhaps it's where a sliding scale of contributions etc could be introduced. i don't want to get to heavy here...

someone talk about drool or something... eep

Francesca - she is just not having feeds as often as usual. I kind of hope she is teething, cause then I have an explanation as to why she is grizzly all the time, and also only having 20 min naps during the day. Her cheeks are very rosy today too, so I'm wondering if that is another sign

Also, occasionaly when she is feeding, it feels like she is biting down on my nipple.... oucchhhhhhhh! When i run my finger on her gums I can't feel anything though

Viv - what makes you think that J is teething? Can you actually see teeth yet?
    Last edited by ~kellie~; March 29th, 2008 at 06:39 PM.

Kellie - It sounds a lot like Tahlia is teething. K is doing all of the same including the red cheeks.

Francesca - You're not far from me, I'm in Forest Hill

Amber - You're a great mum! We all have accidents.

Hi to everyone else, I'm too tired to do any more personals, I'll try get back on tomorrow. My eyes are hanging out of my head lol!

sorry i have been off the radar a bit but we have some exciting news!! No not pregnant, but we bought a house!! Im so excited. the pest/building inspects get done Mon/Tues so fingers crossed.
    Its in the area my DH has longed to get back into and it is a lovely place just thought we would never afford.
    FIl is going to kind of live with us, the house has two entries and the wall is knocked out but we will close it back up and its like a granny flat, so he has a bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, lounge/dining and porch.
    we have 3 bedrooms.
    The house has only ever had 1 owner. Sadly the husband passed away unexpectidly just last month. The wife needs help around so has bought a villa up in Newcastle to be close with family. So for her money isnt really the key and we got it at an awesome price.
    It was such a spontaneous buy, the RA rung DH on Thurs night and told us about this house and the proce reduction, we went on Friday and made an offer there and then, they accepted we signed the docs and its sold!!
    as all of this was happening there was another open and lots of ppl came to look! So i feel we got lucky.... we have lots of big ideas on what we would like to do, some of it b4 we move in some of it over time. either way finally we can work on something that is ours and settle in an area we want the children to go to school,sport and grow up in.
    Today we took all the family through to have a look.
    The place is 60yrs old but immaculant. even under the house there is not a drop of dirt.

oh and other exciting news Tyron can kinda sit! he isnt too stable yet but he puts his hans out infront of him and can balance for a little bit! He even got game and grabbed for a ball and didnt topple over lol

Wow Sherie i see your boy is crawling OMG!!

Welcome Francesa and your little boy Ryan is gorgeous!! I used to like in Diamond Creek until we moved almost 12months ago. Our fav restaurant was in Templestowe (Carluccis!!)

Happy 6months Myles! and dont feel bad hasnt happened to Ty yet but i know it happened with Nixon

Francesca i'm in Dandy Nrth for now, hopefully moving very soon to Pakenham.

Melb Girls are we planing on having another meet-up soon?

ninja_turtle : I just had dinner with my husband's uncle tonight who is visiting from Canada. He was saying over there they get 12 months paid maternity leave!!! At my work I have 6 months paid which is pretty good. 12 months would be even better though!

Kellie: Ryan's cheeks were really rosy before his teeth showed up. He would always cry during a feed and would just be so grizzly!! Oh!!! And the biting down on your nipple? Definitely a sign!!! Ryan did this about 2 weeks before his first tooth showed up!

Trish: Oh! I used to live in Forest Hill two years ago. On Canterbury Rd near Forest Hill Chase. They're done alot with that shopping centre now. It's actually decent!

Nic: We go to Carluccis quite a bit. I LOVE their cakes!!! Congrats on the house! That's very exciting!

Seeing as I'm new, I thought I would share some photos of Ryan. Hope that's ok.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...w/DSC01386.jpg
    http://photos-b.ak.facebook.com/phot...32737_9472.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...w/dsc02022.jpg
    Last edited by Trillian; March 30th, 2008 at 03:24 PM. Reason: Removing IMG tags from links - Pictures are not allowed to be posted.

Ha..even I lived in Doncaster... when I was a kid! Went to good Ol Milgate Primary School!

Viv It's good to talk about stuff other than drool..... Did it make you want to go back to work or stay as a SAHM! Very good thoughts though. We are very behind. My english cousin got paid. My boss couldn't wait to get me out the door. I guess I worked for a bunch of chauvanistic (sp?) pigs! They would def be the type to not employ anyone with ovaries!

francesca Love the piccies of Ryan, it's good having more people around to share with Oh and did Ryan like to make out with your chin while teething? Max is always hanging onto mine, just biting! I probably shouldn't encourage it huh!!

Gotta go, Max is on my lap and keeps bashing t he keyboard! off for feed then play!

BBL
    Last edited by YoYo; March 30th, 2008 at 09:06 AM. Reason: forgot something

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast