Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #23

Leah - holy cow, had no idea that was you!! Beautiful nappies...wish I had some cash

Viv - I'm with Willow... I've also seen your photos and I bet you still look great! I haven't been able to find the chamomilla yet... but I'll keep looking! In regards to baby sitters, I've also only gone with close family so far.

Mo - we went with your suggestion of pinning up a dark sheet and so far it seems to be working... fingers crossed! Good luck with the move

Willow, Celtic, Viv and Nic - way to go on the weight gain for your bubbas!

Rebecca - we still wrap Tahlia but she doesn't have a dummy... she never has though, not at all interested in them

Saffi - congrats on the teeth! How exciting! I sure hope Tahlia is getting one at the moment too, cause it explains all of her behaviour!

Trish - hope things are going well for you with K's sleeps... I'd also be interested in hearing the strategies.

Ange - I definitely know what you mean. I love being a mum, but sometimes I feel like I need something different rather than the same thing day in and day out. At least now Tahlia is getting a bit more interactive, so her new developments keep me happy!

Leah - bet the photos of Amara were gorgeous!

Willow - glad to hear the checkup went well

Not much new is happening with us... Tahlia is now rolling from her tummy to her back which is good, cause I dont have to keep flipping her over when she rolls from her back to her tummy!

Hope everyone has a good night

Viv - $%&$ about the hair. It is so hard to find a good hairdresser and when you do and try to go back to them, they have left the salon or gone back to London or something. My DH would be so happy if I never cut mine again. I think its a guy thing.
    Kellie - woohoo for Tahlia rolling. I am so tired of always having to flip L over. Fingers crossed for the teeth.
    Willow - hope the squealing is just a stage. He is drawing attention to himself in the shops with his noise. Good to hear that the checkup went well.

Nothing much else happening. Just watched Sally's last appearance on HAW. Not nearly as sad as I thought, and I cry at everything.

Night all!

viv- hope u sort your hair out to the way you like it somehow. what does your dh think? sometimes we are super critical on ourselves but someone else might think totally dfferently. is it something u dont think after a few days u could get uesed to?
    how was your friend and bub? you guys have a lot in common in regards to your labour stories. u will have to tell us if bub was a big as James boy!
    Ty has been super unsettled today, not sure whats up with him, maybe teeth? he's not doing super drools though just very unsettled and doesnt want to be left alone.

morning kids

my friend's baby is nothing short of divine. he was 8lbs 10, and is just glorious. he has good looking folks so he's a beauty. I think he has my friend's nose and cheek bones. his tiny bot is so cuuuuuute. *sigh*.

she looked really well considering. i sure as hell know i didn't look that good. she was even propped up in her chair feeding when i got there. i never sat in the chair, so *shrug*. her dh had the champers ready for us which i thought rocked. good on 'em.

turns out her placenta was in the way. *curses*. she had exactly the same pre-op drama but is coping really well so far. the little dude was happily snoozing at the boob. i'm glad the Gold coast hospital has a 'put on chest' in op room and a rooming-in policy. she really wanted a lotus birth but the hospital wouldn't allow it.

it was weird being back in the old labour ward... *shudder*

about the hair - dh likes it but then he told me i'd be hot bald so... *shrugs*

i told him i can't function like this so we're going to get some clip-in extensions. if i can indulge your imaginations... yanno patricia heaton in everybody loves raymond with her bad 90s cut, before she had a makeover and surgery? yeah, it's like that. so... i'm not cool with that.

1996 called, they want their hairstyle back. *whimper*

my hairdresser was awesome before this. i phoned her and had a whinge but then i know everyone can have a bad day, including them.

kellied: try epharmacy dot com dot au. if you search for brauer teething relief you'll find it on there for $11.99 and they'll mail it to you.

1996 called, they want their hairstyle back. *whimper*

Hey all, just a quick check in, I'm still at my mum's living it up lol! K is having a good day today, he did a big poo this morning and seems much happier hee hee!

Our overnights are still interesting, but I think we are getting there. I'm using a form of controlled crying (don't kick me, nothing else was working and I was about to have a breakdown!), but I am in the room with K the whole time letting him know I'm there. It hasn't been as bad as I thought, he has really just been grizzling and eventually puts himself back to sleep. I'm hoping he will eventually stop the grizzling and just sleep all night (that's what my chiro said should happen). I'll be going home tomorrow, but if things still aren't great after the weekend mum is happy to have us as long as we need the help.

Viv - Sorry you're not happy with your haircut . There is no way you could look terrible no matter what your hair looked like! ROFL at your 1996 comment

Nic - I hope Tyron is a bit happier for you today. It's so draining when the gizzle all day.

Kellie - Yay for Tahlia rolling both ways! K can only go from front to back still, I think he's too heavy to go the other way!

Hi to everyone else, sorry for no more personals, I've gotta run!

Hi everyone

Am I the only one with a non-rolling lard? Leah!!!?

Trish good to see you are getting looked after! Mum's are the best! (us included )

Viv God you crack me up!

am considering changing him on the floor because he will not stop trying to roll over the edge of his change table. he leans with all his strength against me. today i let him roll off into my arms so he could see what would happen, although i think he thought it was fun.

he's mashing my touchpad and buttons as i type. god, where did the lump go?

he's mashing my touchpad and buttons as I type.
    Viv - L does the same thing!

Trish - glad to hear you're finding it easier being at your mum's. Hope you get your nights sorted. L is being a turkey today, has done 2 45 min naps, which he hasn't done for weeks and weeks now. He's in bed now, coming up to 2 hours so not sure what the problem is..I hope it's not the start of something bad!!

so, i've managed to stave off the solids thing for the final month of exclusive BF but i'm now ready to start doing the real solids intro. my question is... are you doing milk/formula first or food first? do you have a schedule as to when/how much?

some say you should do milk first so they get all the nutrients then try a spoonful or two of solids after. some say do the opposite.

thoughts? (apart from falguni who is eating it straight off the hoof these days) ;P

Viv - I did milk first, then solids with DD and will be doing the same thing this time. Milk should be their most important source of nutrition for the first 12 months (whether BM or Formula). Once they are established on solids (ie 3 square meals a day) then you switch it and offer food first. If you do it the other way initially you run the risk of diminishing their appetite for the milk.

The first time I gave DD solids was in the morning - MCHN recommended this in case she had a reaction, then I'd see it. This time L's paed recommended trying him in the early evening before bed in the hope that he might sleep longer stretches. I think the very first time I'll give it to him in the morning to make sure he takes it OK, then will switch to night. I started with one teaspoon then gradually built it up. I think the more ready they are to eat solids, the quicker this happens usually. Once the first meal/food was established, then I'd slowly introduce different foods and more meals.

Anyhoo, that's the way I did it with DD and am planning on doing the same this time...only a few weeks to go for us...eeep!
    Last edited by Willow; April 4th, 2008 at 07:48 PM.

yeah fur and all.

Milk first as willow said, still the main source of nutrients. Also don't want them to be starving when you intro food as they may get frustrated. This will slowly change over time. Jury is out as to when, but at some time between 7-12 months they will have food first then milk. I am planning milk before food for 12 months, but i do change my mind as often as i change my undies, weekly, so who knows what i'll think next week.

ETA- Trish- you do what ever you have to do to survive in this game. No-one here is going to throw stones at you for that! Hope he is sleeping better soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Falguni View Post
    but i do change my mind as often as i change my undies, weekly, so who knows what i'll think next week.
    bwahahahhaa...

the little piggy will hog back any baby rice i offer him and looks around for more. he also loves to munch on TWO of those Heinz baby spoons for a few minutes afterwards. it's almost impossible to pry them from his hands.

i think i need to get a few of those total covering plastic body bibs.

Watch out for too much iron fortified rice cereal and constipation, seems to be a link around these parts......

Hi everyone!

Well, I'm back home and our wireless internet is back up and running . Yay to DH! We are now using ADSL2, but it is making our VOIP phone dodgy so I'm not sure if I'm happy with it yet.

Last night I put K to bed at 7:30pm, gave him a dreamfeed at 10pm and he slept without waking until 5am! He had a feed and slept until 7:30am. That was unheard of for ages, I am very excited! Hopefully it just gets better and better from now on in. I feel kind of human today . My mum is so wonderful and she is willing to look after us next week if we need it, what would I do without her?!

Ange - Thanks for your comment, it really has been all about survival. Does Lu like her toy?

Viv - Re: solids, what the other girls said. I give K rice cereal in the morning and evening now, he tried pumpkin and sweet potato mixed with his cereal while we were at my mum's and he seemed to like it. I've been giving him the Rafferty's organic rice cereal and he hasn't been constipated with it, it actually has made him poo more often!

Willow - K has forgotten how to sleep past 40 - 55 minutes again. Sooo frustrating! He won't let me resettle him either, I'm not sure what to do with him! I hope L has gone back to normal for you.

Julia - K only rolls from his tummy to his back if that makes you feel any better! He works hard to roll the other way, but he just can't do it. I'm sure Max will roll and then crawl all at once or something lol!

Hope you all have a great weekend!

trish - where do you get rafferty's from? mostly he doesn't have const issues but i notice this last time he did - talk about a fart-bag too. pew. *gag*

also, jj very rarely does longer than a 45m day nap. occasionally he'll sneak in a 1.45 but usually it's short and sweet, up for more play (usually 2 hours).

my poor little boy has been clingy, teary, cranky and all-round miserable today. as usual i put it down to teething. he didn't even like his carseat today. that was sad. either me or dh has had to be with him all day.

raffertys i have seen in safeway/coles... purple soft ziplock pack with a giraffe on it i think. Another goodie is ballamy's organic range, made in tassie.

trish aquarium is great, that is how i resettle her. If i pat her or touch her she goes nuts for me to pick her up. Seems the music is better for us both! thanks. Hope the good sleep continues for you.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast