Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #23

are you nervous about going back to work?

Viv - thanks for the suggestion, but I found it at another chemist.

Trish - glad to hear sleeps are improving for you.... you'll feel like a new woman with all this unbroken sleep!

Way to go on all those bubs who have cut teeth! My nephew has a wobbly tooth at the moment, so I told him that the when it falls out, the tooth fairy will give it to Tahlia... he was excited by that idea... so cute!

Willow - Oh how I hear you on sleep! Just when I think K has it all worked out he goes and changes it, gaaahhh! He flat out refuses to sleep any more than 40 minute naps during the day ATM. And his nights...he used to do good stretches and then got into the habit of waking two hourly. Last night was the first good night we have had in around 2 months. I wish I knew why they do this to us!! L sounds like a hungry man, he is an awesome size and obviously needs you to keep him going o'night right now. I'm sure once he is on solids he will sleep better for you. Just know you are not alone!!

Saffi - I love to eat, just not to cook lol! I am so undomesticated, I only cook when I have to (which is dinner every night). You have done such a fantastic job expressing for L! When you decide to stop you can feel very proud of yourself

Kellie - How are Tahlia's day sleeps going?

My wonderful mum turned up unannounced this morning and has been doing my housework! She's so naughty, but so sweet.

Viv - yeah, a bit. Funny since being on Mat Leave I haven't really missed work at all. Miss the money tho. I definitely think my mind is turning to custard so looking forward to some adult conversations that don't involve bodily functions.
    Kellie - what a cute story to tell your nephew. I hope the tooth fairy heard it.
    Trish - thank you! I am proud of myself. At least I know I didn't give up through lack of trying. Wow, your mum is excellent. I wish someone would come over and do my housework!

Did a new playtime activity with L today. I made bubbles and blew them towards him. He was captivated and knew that I was making them. When they popped he would turn to me as if to say "c'mon mum make some more". Can't wait until he can make them himself.

*steals bubble idea*

oh too cute! james would love that.

becky Guest

Hi all

Havent been on for a while. Just thought I'd drop by and say hi.

Hope you are all well. We ar doing great here. Of course Chels has her good and bad days, but she is definately a happy little critter. Have a good week!

hello Becky!
    Trish- failure certainly NOT. you keep chugging along no matter what.
    i paid the deposit for our house today yippee! but it settles the day b4 my gf's wedding that i am in the bridal party, so that night and the following night we wont be home oh well.....
    the boys were very well behaved whilst i dragged them around the bank/real estate/council etc.
    i let Nixon walk (with his monkey harness) most of it, he is much happier that way & i had Tyron in the front of the phil & Ted and when Nixon wanted a rest he sat in the back!
    thinking of trying Tyron with some solids over the next few days, he's a week of 6months and starting to make mouth movements whilst watching us eat (like he's liking his lips lol)
    ok bed time, good night

and starting to make mouth movements whilst watching us eat (like he's liking his lips lol)
    Nic - L is doing this too and has even started to try to snatch food out of my hands when I'm eating!! LOL. But our chubby bub is doing just fine without so we'll hold off another few weeks.

Morning

Well I've decided that I'm going to stop taking the meds as of today. I will express whats left and expect that by the end of the week that it will be all gone. As I've said before for what I'm getting its just not worth going through the effort.

Becky - hi
    Nic - oooooo, one step closer to your house. How exciting!!
    Going to introduce solids in the next week or so. L is also very interested in our food and watching us.

Off to the child clinic today to weigh L. He is growing so rapidly. After over 3 months in 0000 clothes he has grown out of many of his 000 clothes, especially long legged jumpsuits as he is quite long.

Have a good day. BBL

Hi girls

so much tocatch up on! Sounds like all the bubs are teehting or have teeth! How exciting!

Myles may be teething cause he is whingey and clingy, but spose I wont know till the tooth comes through!
    Myles is pulling himself up onto things now which is amazing! He still wont sit up by himself, but I have been saying to DH that he will walk before he sits up! He is just so determind to move around!
    He hasnt fallen off the bed again which is great, but DH has started slepping on the floor so we can have the bed, I always said I wouldnt co sleep but its the only way I get decent rest, since he is still up quite abit at night!

Nic congrats on the deposit how exciting!
    Saffi are the meds to help you make milk? Have you tried fenurgreek? I used it and my supply went beserk!
    Kellie what a great story you told your nephew may have to steal that one

x

Amber - hi there! Poor DH having to sleep on the floor. KWYM about getting a better sleep when bubs is in bed with you. I have taken to bringing L back to bed when he wakes at around 6am. We are also still up 2 - 3 times overnight. Saw on another thread you read Pinky's book. May need to borrow it.

Yes, have been on Motilium for 3+ months. I did try fenugreek but wasn't on it long enough to really notice an increase before I went onto the meds. GP advised not to be on both at the same time.

What a clever boy Myles is. Won't be long from the sounds of things. Think L will be crawling soon. Just noticed that he fully extended his arms to push himself up off the floor.

Ooh Saf L will be getting around in no time! What a shame about your supply! Well we know he is a healthy happy boy so you have and still are doing a great job! You can borrow the book, its fantastic! Im also reading a book called helping your baby to sleep its fab! So you can borrow that too when i finally finish it! Ha just realised Ls middle name is the same as Myles! Great name hey!

Have to go start dinner while the boy is asleep! xx

tried Ty with some farex today. wasnt very keen on it! he would have been lucky to have 1/2 teaspoon he was screwing his face up, quiet funny actually! dont blame him for not liking it, pretty bland. might leave it for another few days or so before trying again

Morning everyone!

Had another good night with K, he slept all the way through until 5am without waking once, hooray! He doesn't really go back to sleep afterwards though which is a pain. We got up at 6:30am after a few attempts of getting him back to sleep. I prefer that to waking up 7 times a night though!! The rice cereal in the evenings really helps him through, I didn't give him any the night before last and he woke at 3:50am hungry, whereas when he does have the cereal he wakes at around 5am. He loves his rice cereal, he's such a guts and gulps it all down!

Nic - I completely forgot to say congratulations on buying a house!!! How exciting! At least you won't have to move again for a while now! Re: the Farex, I make it runnier than the box suggests. I read somewhere that babies at the start prefer their cereal to be the consistency of thickened cream. K prefers it that way rather than lumpy. Keep trying Tyron, he'll like it eventually. If he doesn't like Farex though, you could try the Rafferty's one, K really likes it.

Amber - Did you notice BB are using your avatar for advertising? You're just too gorgeous! How clever that Myles is pulling himself up! You'll have to start watching where you put things now!

Saffi - That's great you have decided to go off the meds, now you will have more time to yourself! How did L go at the weigh in?

Hi Becky! Good to see you in here, make sure you pop back in soon!

Have a great day everyone!

Morning!

Trish thats great K is sleeping kinda through yay! You must feel so much better! I logged on this morning and saw my Av and thought ooooh im special hahaha! Wish i looked like that in real life lol!
    Nick Myles isnt too keen on the farex either, he really like the raffertys garden one though!

Anyway off to yoga! So hopefully will have a nice relaxing morning fingers crossed! Have a great day girls xx

oh i meant to say last night amber wow at Myles crawling & pulling himself up, what a little go getter hehe.
    raffertys will look out for it.
    does anyone know what the difference with the farex for ages groups are?
    I bought the "from 4 months one" a while ago and thats what i gave him.
    however there is a 6months on one and he is just about 6months.
    Trish yeah i kept making it more runnier, the amount of ebm,water etc they say to use is no where near soft enough for first timers lol.

Nic - our paed said that if he wasn't keen on the rice cereal or if I just wanted to skip it I could go straight to vegies (single to start with ie not mixed together in case of reactions, which I'm sure you already know from Nixon). I'm gonig to try L on the rice cereal first but if he doesn't rate it, will go to vegies.

Trish - very jealous of that sleep!! Ahhhh, maybe one day it will happen here....

Ooops - double post, dunno what happened there...

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast