Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #24

Hi Eveyone,
    Exciting news to Share - Ethan is sitting!!!! It's a bit exciting. Proud Mum here.

I need some advice. Ethan is taking solids well. Loving organic baby porridge (is that how you spell it?). Only problem is now getting him to take his bottle. Tried giving him bottle first but then he didn't want solids, tried bottle after but didn't want that either, tried half and half but just cried until I gave him his bottle back. What should I do? No idea what I am doing here.

Hope you are all doing well.
    Have a great day.

Hi Ladies,
    It seems that my horrible day on Thursday was a once off, thank goodness... she has been so good since, sleeping about 11 hours overnight and having good naps during the day.. maybe she didnt feel well or something... who knows! Because she kept crying when she was feeding I was worried that I wasnt making enough milk anymore, but I guess seeing she is happy again now everything is ok there

Amber - thanks for the book title and author, I'm definitely going to try and find that one. How did Myles naming day go?

Trish - The saying that 'mother knows best' is definitely true, isn't it! Glad to hear that Kieran is on the mend with the ear drops

Saffi - we're with you on the solids too... going to wait till 6 months for Tahlia. She is sleeping well, and still very chubby, so she can wait a few more weeks for the extra calories!

Mo - how is your sister?

Viv - Tahlia is the same when I am changing her now... its going to be even worse when she can crawl away!

Have a great day everyone!

ALZ- while introducing food, milk still most import. So try milk first then 30-45min later try the solids..... good work on the sitting too!

kellie- 11hrs. i can only dream. jelous.

My sister is doing better
    The contractions are irregular now(only 4-5 a day) & she hasn't dilated anymore.
    She might be able to go home soon, she'll know more tomorrow.
    Thanks for asking girls.

Viv-M is still a champion night sleeper 8-12 hours a night. Just not good with the day sleeps.

Hey everyone!

We had a reasonable night, K slept from 7:45pm until 5am with a little grizzle in there, but I only had to go in there once which is pretty good. I'm feeling pretty terrible today, I have sinus, a headache and a runny nose, Joel has come down with it too so not much fun! K's ear doesn't seem to have improved yet, but the dr did say it could take up to a week to clear up. I really hope the drops fix it!

Ooh, on a side note I have lost two kilos in two weeks! I am now officially back to pre-preg weight! Probably not the best way to lose weight (by sleep deprivation and stress), but I'll take it anyway lol! Hopefully I don't lose any more, I'm happy where I am now.

Mo - I'm so glad your sister and her bub are OK. Hopefully he'll stay nice and comfy in there for another couple of months yet!

Kellie - Glad Tahlia is back to her cute happy self!

Alz - How exciting that Ethan is sitting! What a clever little man . Re: solids, definitely offer the bottle first. Solids is just a trialling thing atm and he doesn't really need them to meet his nutritional needs just yet. Don't worry, he will get there soon.

Saffi - When do you officially start work again? Are you going back part time or full time? Sorry if you've told me already, but I forget! It will be so nice for you to have some adult company!

Ange - How is Lu going now? I hope her sleep is getting back to normal for you. Mmm...organic coffee sounds great. Have you been to the St Andrew's market? They make a mean coffee there!

Viv - I'm glad James liked the sweet potato better, but bummer about the reflux. Maybe he just isn't ready yet? Hopefully your dr will have some answers for you. He really does sound wriggly, the only suggestion I have is what you have already done, hand him something to play with. Sounds like he will be on the move in no time the little go-getter!

Leah - Happy belated 6 months to Amara! Wow time is flying isn't it?!

Willow - How are you feeling today you poor thing?

Amber
    - I hope your naming ceremony went well yesterday!

Have a great day everyone!

Hi all,

Well Happy belated 6 months to Amara, Max & Harry!
    And Master Tyron is also celebrating 6months today!!

Mo- How's your sis?? I hope bub can cook a few more weeks yet. seriously though every day she holds him in is a big step in bubs development. Im sure you already know, generally babies born AFTER 30weeks do extremley well. let us know how she is.
    Amber- how was the naming ceremony?
    can't remember what else. Oh i tried ty on some apple yesterday, he ate a little bit, so think its just the farex that he didnt like. will wait a few days before introducing another food.
    he was super grizzle bum over the weekend too. just wanted to be held all the time. i could see his swollen gums but no more have popped through yet.

ok better check on Nixon, he's a bit quiet for my liking

Hi everyone

Happy belated 6 months to Amara and happy 6 months to Tyron

Hope everyone is going well. Hope the sleep fairy has landed in a few houses!

Took Max swimming today again....he loves it even more now. It is so adorable, he even anticipates going under now closing his eyes. He kicks and squeels, then I come home and he sleeps like a LOG! Best ever!

Solids are 'kinda' coming along. He's still only really keen on pumpkin. Not that big a fan of sweet potato, but will try again tomorrow. He's also cut down on his milk feeds, now going every 4 hours instead of 3 which is nice for me. He's also cut out night feed....but not cut out night waking!

He still hates tummy time and still isn't rolling. Little chunky butt! He sits though too (Yay Alz for Ethan ) so at least he isn't completely developmentally stunted!!

Amber I saw your pics of the naming day on facebook....how cool Hope you had a great day.

Mo, glad to hear your sister is doing better. She will have to keep her feet up A LOT! It's good that you are all moved in too...nothing better than moving to force you to have a clean out!

Viv, you can always get a weight belt for James It would hold him down, plus he could gain some seriously good abs!

See Ya

i am sporting a swell bruise on the bridge of my nose and eyes because someone went into the ring with a near six month old wielding his wooden spoon as a weapon.

oh the pain, the pain.

in other news, he drank straight formula today, which is just amazing. it was the karicare goat one. only thing is, i can't stand the smell of formula on him. i've come to identify him by that warm, milky smell. that oily formula smell just makes me GAG. he's happy as larry and looked around for more after he'd finished.

trish - i do suspect he's not truly ready, he's just curious about solids. he hasn't upped his frequency, and he's not sitting on his own yet (only propped forward).

i dunno. wait and see. sigh.

he's whimpering in the cot, better jet.

Viv - score one for JJ! Not only were we incubators for these tykes but now punching bags. So far today L has kicked me in the stomach, scratched me, bitten me, pulled my hair, vomitted on me, and a few slaps. If that was done by an adult he'd be up for assault! Just as well they are cute and can be forgiven for anything.
    Is the goat formula because of lactose intolerance? Just a warning that formula stains clothing. I don't know how much stain remover I have gone through.
    Trish - I go back to work on Tuesday 6th At this stage I am going back full time but whether I stay thay way depends on whether I can get full time care and whether I can adapt to being a full time mum and employee.
    WTG on the weight loss. Shame it was due to illness. Hope you and Joel get better soon.
    Nic - happy 6 months to Tyron.

L did 2 naps during the day of 2+ hours which was heavenly. I managed to do a bit of housework and cook a meal to freeze. We are paying for it now as he doesn't want to go to sleep. I am determined that he will come off second best in this fight *rolls up sleeves*

Where's Rebecca? Is she in Townsville atm?

hi girls!

Hope everyone is well and bubs are happy!

Sorry no personals am in the middle of burning baby weight on the cross trainer!

We had a great time on Sunday! It was perfect! Except for when I lent forward with Myles and burnt his foot on the incense He cried for a bit but was ok in the end! A scar of love we call it! I am pretty sure i have you all on FB so check out the pics if you like!

We are sure Myles will get a heap of teeth at once cause his whole gum is swollen, cranky and lots of poos! Not so great about the poos i really dont like getting it off the cloth nappies, hence he is in a sposie tonight naughty naughty!

Anyway better get back to it1 Have a great night! x

Morning all,
    Thanks for the advice. This morning I gave Ethan his milk at 6.15 and then his porridge at 6.50 and he was happy with this.

What a dreadful night. Woke every 2 hours. He seems to be getting upset by wet nappies now so we are going to put him in sposies for night time. We did try but he gets so wet during the night.

ninja - sorry about the sore face. Note to self - do not give bub a wooden spoon or any other weapon that he can use against me. Thanks for the lesson!!!

Going for injections today. Exciting !!!! I still can't believe that Ethan is 6 months old today. My little boy is growing up so fast.

Hope you all had a great night.

M isn't that interested in food or bottles any more, I'm sure she'll change soon.

Viv-Ouch M likes to use her toys as weapons those plastic ones hurt.

Amber-I love the pics on FB, Glad the day went well.

Trish-WTG on the weight loss not the best way to lose weight but still happy for you

Happy Belated 6 months to Amara, Max & Tyron. Happy 6 months to Ethan

Talking

Afternoon all!! Thought I would just pop in and say hi and try to catch up on all the chatter. I have been away for a while now and thought it time! I got back from Townsville on Monday afternoon after a very very long drive - 10 hours takes it out of you!
    the SIL's wedding went well...reception not so well. Her new husbands family are strange - his dad refused to drink (free!) eat (again free!) and then decided that he wouldnt come back up after going outside for a smoke. the rest of his family left before the speeches. So the Campbell family side of things partied it up!
    Caitlyn's christening on the Sunday went really really well. Family all behaved. there were 3 other littlies being baptised on the same day and it was beautiful. During the priest doing the blessings a little butterfly flew in the back of the church, flew rings around caitlyn and then flew out again - her own little guardian angel I think! Anyway - will post wedding and baptism photos as soon as I get organised and the in laws leave!
    Now..onto other things. No teeth as yet, no rolling as yet. She is in a bumbo that I have borrowed from a friend and she loves it! We noticed while we were away that she has started reaching for things with much more co-ordination now. Like its intentional that she grabs hold instead of pure fluke!
    She has solids twice a day - morning and night. She has all sorts of things, carrot (mixed with formula cause the taste is too strong), sweet potato, potato, broccoli (not the stems!), custards, apple, pears, the apple and blackcurrant gel, banana...the list could go on. I did read in a post about water....she REFUSES to take it - has a sip and spits it back at me! Oh and someone said something about bottled water being a no no - I have no option out here! Its still boiled thogh. town water here is almost undrinkable!
    Sleeping - very very disrupted at the moment. Routine is GONE!!! We have been passed from pillar to post for the past week so its all gone out the window. She is also very very grizzly. sleeping lots of short naps. She woke after her last nap and we couldnt get her happy, gave her a bottle and she is back in bed again. Could this be teething rearing its ugly head???? will just have to wait and see I guess. No temp or anything.
    Her nan and pop are here visiting with us and they are old hands at grandkids. I think they have 10 between them! so this is nothing for them. they bought us a high chair on thursday last week and its FANTASTIC!!!
    Anyway - had better head off - huge post and all.
    HAPPY 6 MONTHS TO ALL THOSE LITTLE ONES WHO HAVE MADE THE MILESTONE.....WE ARE NOT TOO FAR AWAY!!

Hi all

*steam coming out of my ears* Had my MG today. Was really looking forward to it. Anyway who decides when we get there that he is going to act up big time and nothing that I could do would console him? Would it be Lachlan? Right! Anyway, after turning on a real show in front of everyone, we leave. Half way home, he decides to stop screaming and when almost home fell asleep. Home now and he's decided he's not tired.

Rebecca - must be Miss C's guardian angle. What a beautiful moment - you couldn't have organised it better if you tried. WTG on the eating. She could be teething. In my experience anything out of the ordinary is teething. Hopefully it won't cause too many disruptions for you all.

Better go and sort the boy out.

Happy 6 months to Ethan.

awww Saffi....Max always plays up at mothers group too...such a little bum head! It's very frustrating....I hear ya!

i notice queensland has switched over to the 6-in-one needle now. basically, if you want the right to choose what individual vax your kid has, and when, you have to get a script for them and foot the bill yourself.

the govt essentially forces you to have all or none. i'm not happy about them combining so many in one shot. we may be having to get separate ones.

the nurse said, 'they only changed it because the last kind was contaminated'. awesome.

Wow Viv, that's a bit scary isn't it? What are you going to do for James? I wonder if VIC will do the same. How's the face today? No black eyes? Imagine that happening just before you had to do a photo shoot!! Makes me think of George Costanza when he became a hand model LOL!

Saffi - How annoying about MG yesterday! These babies really know how to frustrate us don't they?

Welcome back Rebecca! Glad to hear all went well. Hope Caitlyn's sleep routine goes back to normal soon!

Mo - I wonder why Maddi has gone off bottles and food? Do you think she is teething? I'm sure it is just another one of those phases they go through.

Alz - I hope you got a better night last night with Ethan.

Amber - Glad you had a great time on Sunday! I hope Myles pops a tooth for you soon.

Julia - Swimming lessons sounds like a great trick to get a bub to sleep well! If our local pool wasn't so infested I'd consider it!

We're cruising along here, I've booked K in to a paediatrician on Friday morning to get his ear looked at and just to get a general check up. Not a lot of improvement with the ear drops so far.

Anyway, better go cuddle a cranky pants. Have a great day everyone!

trish - my nose looks black and yellow. shocking. truly not cool. headache.... bleh.

my kiddo is peeling off his socks - better go change him.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast