Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #24

I see everyone has been in the same boat recently.

Another one with a bad night last night right here. He had his needles yesterday, but it's been whinge whinge whinge...CONSTANTLY (and that was even before his needles).

I have no idea what is going on with him. Took him to the doc and there is nothing she could find. I'm ready to leave him on the doorstep at someone elses house.

Viv I think I'm going to have to wait another little while to give Max the solids too. Whenever I feed it to him (and it's never much) he manages to find the milk from his feed before hand (at least an hour before) and hurk that up. He fully wretches too. I have no idea whether it's coz he just doesn't like what he's being given or if it's the texture or what. It's quite disheartening though.

Anyhoo, won't bother going on about myself! Take care everyone, hope everything gets better. (sorry for lack of personal attention!)

Trish how scary, glad no-one was hurt.
    Talked Phil into buying me an Ergo for mother's day, Will buying it from you as-well Trish

Ange you crack me up.

Amber i love my D'lish, need to buy some more.

Rebecca-M screams in her sleep as-well

Nic-Happy 2nd b'day to Nixon, glad he had a good party.

Celtic-Glad Ryan's doing & hope you feel better soon

becky Guest

Hey all.

Thought Id pop in to say hi again. How is everyone. Sorry I have had a quick scan over the posts but will try and come back soon to do all the personals.

We are great here! Chels still being perfect. Still sleeping thru every night (I feel so sorry for those of you who are up all the time! - Medals needed!) She is rolling all over the place and attemppting to crawl. Her legs go great guns but she hasnt quite worked out how to get hew tummy of the floor yet! She definately finds a way to get around though. She is having 1 meal a day too - vegies at night. Loving it! Apart from being a bit clingier than Id like, she is pretty perfect!

Julia - Sorry your having probs with Max - I hope it gets better for you really soon!

Rebecca - It can be so scary when they do that middle-of-the-night scream hey? Chels has done it a few times - only ever for her dummy and it scares the crap outta me!

Trish - OMG! What a close call! Im so glad your all ok and Im sure Joel has learnt his lesson now too!

Saff - I have had Chels facing out for months. Half because I have a double pram most of the time for her and Liam, the other part becasue when I do have her in the single pram, she is too much of a sticky beak, and much prefers to see the world.

Anyway, hi to everyone else, hope to be back later. X

Morning everyone!

I decided to drop K's 10pm dream feed last night, the paediatrician asked why I was still giving it to him and I said I was nervous he'd wake up too early. It got me thinking though and I thought "what the heck". So I fed him at 7pm, put him to bed and he slept until 5:40am! Why didn't I give that feed up earlier ? Oh well, at least I can get a bit more sleep now.

The paediatrician couldn't find any obvious problems, but I had to take a poo sample (ewww) to the pathology for some tests in case he has a bug or something.

Hi Becky! Great to hear from you. I'm glad Chelsea is still going so well! I hear you on the clingy-ness.

Mo - Yay for getting an Ergo! You will love it . I have black with camel lining or indigo with green lining left, but if you want another colour let me know and I'll try get it in.

Julia - Sorry you had a bad night. It must be a clingy age, K is a shocker ATM.

Kellie - I always put the Ergo under the pram too, great for when they crack it!

Ange - Hope your eye is feeling a bit better today. Awesome your mum has cooked for you! My sister brought 3 meals over to me the other day, how I love her!

Celtic - Wow, Ryan is an awesome size! Well done to you!

Rebecca - Hope your nights settle back down for you soon.

Willow - How's L's cold? I hope you both recover quickly.

Saffi - I hope you had a better night last night.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Trish tough choice both colours are nice. Do you post them or would i have to pick it up?
    WTG on K's sleep last night, hope he does it everyday for you now.

Becky glad Chelsea is doing well.

Mo - Post or pick up is fine! PM me when/if you want to go ahead and I'll look after you

All I'm going to say is every 2 hours!!!!!!!! Lucky it is Saturday as DH took over and let me get a few hours sleep. Don't know what is going on or how to fix it. Trish - can you send me that info you have.

Our 4yo god-daughter is staying overnight, so that will be nice. She loves L so it will be nice for them to play together.

L has just started to roll from tummy to back.

BBL when I am feeling more human.

saffi - you're not alone: 11, 2.30, 4.20(scream), 5.00

Trish is postage expensive for it? Your so sweet can't wait to get it.
    Hoping i can get it next week

Saffi-Viv, Hope tonight is better for you both.

M had her photo's taken today, get the proofs in a week & then we can choose which ones' we like.
    Had some taken of M in her cloth nappy she looked so cute, Can't wait to see what they look like.
    Last edited by Khaleesi; April 19th, 2008 at 05:59 PM.

Oooh, Mo - which one was she wearing?? Sounds cute!! Going to take L to get some done next week.

Trish - K is fast becoming a sleeping star!! No way would L be happy about me dropping his 10pm feed!

We had a better night last night, still fed frequently but much more settled with no waking between feeds. Day sleeps have been better too today so hoping he's on the mend and things will settle back into our normal pattern.

Hi everyone
    We just gave Tahlia some rice cereal, and I think she really liked it. None of it got spat back at us, although she wasn't really opening her mouth that much, she was more licking it off the spoon. Think I might have made it too runny so we'll try again tomorrow with it a bit thicker

becky Guest

I am sorry to hear about all the bubs giving you grief at night-time. It must be the age huh? Im sure its likely to hit me when I least expect it. LOL

I am thinking abut starting MCN's but have NO idea where to start! Is it very expensive to get started too? Things are a bit tight here or the next couple of months so maybe I'll wait a little bit. Dunno! How many of you have bubs in MCN's ( I have always been to lazy til now - LOL)

Ryan was in cloth nappies they are the made up ones so they look like a nappy a pack of 10 cost $140, I got given them though. He was on them but they make his poo smell so bad I can't handle it and I can handle most stenches life throws at me. I went back to disposable while he had antibiotics because he was pooing all day every day and I've been too lazy to swap back but I'll have to soon hehe. Pilchers are pretty cheap, liners are cheap and useless, I washed them daily after soaking so found washing powder disappeared 10 times quicker.

Was up and down all night last night, I probably didn't need to be but he's been coughing so badly and his nose is blocked I went in and attacked him with some nose drops (which he HATED) about 4 times (they are just the saline drops) and picked him up when he had coughing fits to try and help him breath. Luckily he goes back to sleep straight away but unbroken sleep = vombie grr arg mummy. We've decided to wait till Monday (drs aren't open till then anyway) and if he still has his cough I'm video taping his attacks and taking them to the dr and saying "now you tell me this is just from a bit of reflux!!!". I'm so sick of taking him to doctors 4 times before they admit somethings wrong!!!

night coughing is also one of the signs of childhood asthma. you can tell your doctor that if he's run out of ideas.

I got told they won't diagnose asthma in kids until they are over the age of 1 so he has to cough his guts up 24/7 for the next 6 months before they'll do anything about it...

Going to see if I can get him into his paediatrician, probably be a while before I can get an appointment though..

ETA: Today he's started having lots and lots of snot though, maybe it's just another bug he's picked up from daycare? His nose was constantly blocked up last night nad today it's pouring, going to give him a warm bath in a minute in the big bath tub seeing DP is here to help and to steam him up a bit. Going to the chemist Monday to see how much humidifiers cost

Celtic - I believe there are two different types of humidifiers. I cant remember what they are all I know is that one of them harbours more bacteria than the other and can cause more harm than good in littlies. Sorry I cant be any more help but I am sure I read the info on this site. I got one for C when she was all blocked up and it works great - water in it lasts 10 hours so that does her all night. Mine only cost $80 so I was happy about that. I dont use it now cause her nose/chest is really good.
    Good luck!

Willow she was wearing her purple GAD pocket with black baby legs, The photographer thought she looked adorable in it. She'd never seen a baby wearing a MCN to a photo session before.

Becky-There is a cloth forum on here that has a lot of great info on how to start
    I've spent a bit of $$$'s on mine, but i think it's worth it.

Kellie yay for Tahlia liking rice cereal M still wont have a bar of it

Hi ladies, just a pop in to see how you are all going with feeding and sleep issues....i see some are still getting there.

We are going really well. Jasmine has 2 bottom teeth now, sleeping like a champ 12 hours a night. 4 naps a day each of about 60-90 minutes. Not rolling a great deal yet. She to busy sitting back watching big sis entertain her! not on solids still....dont see a need to start them yet. Growing happy and healthy on just milk. Measured her and now 71cm (Chelsea is 76cm) and around 9.3kg....2kg short of Chelsea at 11.3kg. Still wont take the dummy and its a godsend! Settles beautifully and no problems, loves bed...especially at night!

We are off to NSW next Friday for 4 days to vist the IL's and Craigs uncle and cousins are flying in from USA. Will be Jasmines first flight. Really looking forward to it, getting away from Melbourne and the surroundings!

Other then that not much to report on. i pop in when i have a little bit of news..you all chat to much for me to keep up on the rare drop in's.....so a all rounder hello and hope everyone is doing great with their babies that are pretty much all 6 months old or close too!

Bec as you know i do MCN! Chat to you soon

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast