Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #24

M's finally cut her 1st tooth surprisingly she wasn't that cranky but it's explains why she went off her food.

Kellie-Pretty sure you suppose to introduce new foods every 3 days or so.

Becky hope Chelsea gets better soon, that cold sounds nasty.

Had a bit of a read whats going on.

Mo im sorry to hear about your mum.

Nic yay for 3 teeth...the party pics were great too. Well done on the cute cake!

Viv i hope James does not get the cold to bad.

Celtic poor Ryan...he def not having a good time with health....good size though...you should be happy there

Yay on Myles crawling..thats fantastic!

Becky i hope poor Chels gets better soon. I hate seeing babies sick.

Trish im looking at buying a new bed too....we just got Chelsea's bed and that was $800 so saving for our own now! Kids first

Having 2 kids close (very close) was damn hard at first but once you have a routine it becomes part of everyday life!

As for TTC...yep all going well here :P

Both girls gone down to sleep....2-3 hours of peace!!! Me time begins

TTC Not a chance!!! hahahaha! My poor hubby is so deprived! I say good on you if you can have them close! I would love to but my brain and sleep is saying no!

Kim whats your secret.........?Cant believe your TTC again! Good luck! You make beautiful babies, maybe this one will be blue!

Viv! ha! I will send him to your house so you cans see what to move for when James starts to crawl!

Mo yay for Maddi cutting a tooth! Still waiting for one here!

Becky hope Chels gets better soon! I will msg you tonight! x

Kellie! We have to constantly move things, but he always seems to find something he shouldn't have!

Saffi Myles is a wriggler! But he is in my bed from when i go to bed so he doesn't wake up then! Maybe check on him before you got to bed and move him back down the end?

Trish don't you love anew bed! And you can use it now that K is sleeping better!

Nick so glad the party went well! Saw some pics on FB and it looked like fun!

Sorry if I missed anyone!

not much happening here! just got the crawling machine to bed! Went to an ABA meeting today and it was really good! So might keep going!
    anyway cant think of anything else to say except Hi babies!!!!!! have a good day!

Afternoon all!
    my weekend was pretty good - got to sleep for AGES on Sat night - C slept from 730 until 530! Woohoo but of course I knew it wouldnt last - down at 6 last night up at 1130,2,330 and 5 so am feeling the effects today!
    Am ticked off at DH's boss - his 1 day off and he calls them all into work to discuss mistakes that have been happening - nothing that couldnt wait until this morning. Oh well - at least DH will get paid for 4 hours work when he was only there for 1.5 - beside the point but I wont push it!
    Crawling - WTG on the bubs that have that motivation! I can barely get C to stay on her tummy for more than 5 mins - but that is longer than what she used to do so we are getting there. I am starting to think she will walk before she crawls though!
    Solids - hmmm I wonder if I am over feeding my little bundle of.....joy! She has 3 meals a day... each between 1 and 2 ice cubes a go. She eats just about anything and is now shoving bits of toast into her mouth! Maybe she is eating too much to even think about crawling??
    And of course its that time again - needles tomorrow morning not looking forward to it thats for sure. She has been so very very sooky lately so I cannot imagine what she will be like tomorrow.
    Has anyone moved to the "stage 2" formulas? Is there any point? I have looked for info but havent found a lot.
    Gro/sleeping bags - Am determined to leave C unwrapped starting Friday night. And as it is getting quite cool out here at nights I will be using a sleeping bag for her. I bought a grobag when she was about 1 month old but she has well and truly grown out of it now.
    Anywya - got dishes to do and clothing to sort out - she is now too big for 00 so am sorting through the small 00, the normal 00 and the large 00(which she still fits!) - will take a while me thinks.
    Have a great afternoon all - mwah

rebecca- i was wondering if i fed Lu too much. She has 3 meals a day. 4-6 tablespoons for breaky, 4-6 for lunch and i'd say about a metric cup for dinner! Last night she had half an avocado, 6ish T of steak brocolli and carrot, then about 4 T of yoghurt and pear!! She loves her food. If you are feeding too much then i definately am!!!! She lets me know if she wants more or if she's had enough though. I think you just have to follow their lead.

how much/often on the boob now, ange?

Ange I'm with Viv...what are you doing with feeding / boobing etc. I saw a thread on baby lead weaning and am thinking of trying that with Max. Need tips!

Max has been a shocker the last few days. Wont go there! Lets just say I don't think he's mine.

Still 5-6 feeds in 24hrs..... always boob 1/2h-ish before food

we have around 4-5 bottles a day but we have food first then bottle about half an hour or so later. She hardly ever drinks the whole 260 ml but if she does want it, its there I guess.
    We had a combo tonight - brocolli and sweet potato - yummy! That will be interesting to see at the other end!
    but wow Ange - Lu is eating more than C! Am glad I am not over feeding her. Are yuou making your own food? Woolies had a special on only organic food yesterday - 51c each! Woohoo -grabbed that up quick smart I tell you! Havent thought about yoghurt - might buy some tomorrow - do you just use plain yoghurt?
    Anyway - all this talk of food is making me hungry - am off to scrounge for something for dinner - my daughter eats better than I do most nights!
    night all
    mwah

Wow Lu certainly does love her food.
    M has 4 bottles a day 180-210mls(we are on stage 2), She only started having fruit for breaky yesterday & she has dinner which is usually different veggies mixed together.

Ange if you make your own food how do you mix the steak & veggies?(blend, chop up ?)

Mo- Yup make all her food. With fish, i fork mash it, but chicken and steak i have an attachment that goes on a stick blender that is like a mini food processor, i just give it a couple of bursts to chop it up a bit. It would be the same as finely chopping i guess, but alot quicker.
    Most fruit and veg, i cut some into sticks and she has finger food, and some i fork mash in with the meat to make a chunky paste IYKWIM. sometimes i add rice ceral and water if the flavours are too strong just to bland it out a bit. ( Is that even english??? bland it out?!)

Yoghurt-Rebecca i just give her a plain full fat one. Either Jalna or a Gippsland organic one.

Thanks Ange will have to try M on some meat & fish soon, maybe this week since she has a tooth now.
    Must try M on some yoghurt as i'm sure she'll love it.

Lu hangs out for her yoghurt. I finely chop a prune and add that to the yoghurt every second day just to keep things movin'!

becky Guest

Chels is still only having 1 meal a day. Dinner at night. I tried her on Breakfast too but she just didnt seem hungry that early in the monrnig. I'll leave her a bit longer. She has 5 bottles a day too.

Rebecca - Yeah I put Chels up to the 2nd formula last week. It seems it is a bit more filling because she doesnt seem to want as much, or as fast.

Ange - How old is Lu again?

I have just made a big batch of food for CHels too. Still mainly sticking to the vegies here - carrot, pumpkin, sweet potato, beans, zucchini etc etc. I think I made enough to keep her going for about 2 months. LOL. And then I did a heap of fruit too! Dunno why I didnt make all my food with Liam. It is so much cheaper!!!
    We have needles here Wednesday too. Does anyone know, if your bub is sick (just a cold) will they still do needles? Or do they need to be in perfect health?

Pretty sure they wont jab unless all healthy.

Lu is the old tart around here, i think her and Myles are a day apart....... my memory isn't that flash! She was born the 28/9, so nearly 7 months. I was going to say before......4 weeks is a big difference when it comes to babies.

becky Guest

Oh yeah definately it is!
    What the babes were doing a month ago is completely different to what they do now! Especially when they are so young!

Maddi was born on the 25/9 Then Lu 28/9 Myles was born on the 1/10.
    I most of the Oct 1st-15th mums have stopped posting, so there seems to be a gap of 2 weeks+

M was so unsettled last night she crashed at 7pm then woke at 9pm, 12am, 3am, 6am.

Thanks Ange for the food tips

Sorry you had a bad night Mo. Maybe Maddi's tooth is bothering her? Or maybe she's getting another one straight away?

Sounds like lots of bubs are loving there food, but Lu wins hands down LOL! Ange you are such an amazing mum and Lu sounds like she is an amazing baby! Glad to hear the crusty eye is a getting better!

Hope the needles go well today Rebecca, it's horrible getting them done isn't it? I have to get K's done very soon

Becky - I hope Chelsea's gets better soon. There is nothing worse then listening to a baby struggle to breathe.

Viv - How's J's snuffle going? K has finally come down with the cold that Joel and I have had for a couple of weeks

Saffi - How did L go last night? Have you tried giving him Demazin or something like that? I gave some to K last time he had a cold and it helped him sleep better at night.

Well, I'm a bit over things atm. K is unhappy most of the time and by the evenings he just cries and cries and I have to carry him everywhere. Yes it could be teething/his cold, but it has been ongoing for nearly 2 months and just seems to get worse. DH thinks I pick him up too much and that is why he is so clingy, but I just can't leave him lying on the floor screaming (literally) and arching his back. Does this make me a bad mum? I have taken him everywhere to get checked over and apart from his ear there doesn't seem much else wrong with him. After his late afternoon nap he rubs his right ear constantly and the cheek on the same side is always bright red. I would still guess teething, but the MCHN couldn't see anything about to erupt. I don't know!!! He used to be such a happy baby and I miss that so much .

Sorry for the whinge girls, I'm just going through a low patch right now.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast