Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #25

I'm back!

Had a nice time at the hairdressers and got myself a good do. L is still able to grab hold of it and give it a good yank.

Second day of solids didn't go down well. Think tomorrow I might try something other than farex. Not sure if he's not ready for food or its just the farex. We'll see.

Willow - know what you mean about daycare. We have our names down at 12 centres and 4 family daycare providers and I'm not confident that we'll get a place at any of them. Just as well have another 9 weeks to find somewhere.
    Trish - sorry to hear that your sick again.

Anyway, think I might go off and make up some bottles and maybe go to bed and try to get some sleep before Mr Nibbs wakes up. Actually he only had about 2 hours sleep all day and went to bed at 8pm. Hope that means he will be really tired and sleep longer. Probably not.

Hope we all get some well deserved sleep.

Every 2 hours! Woke for a feed at midnight, then up again at 2 and again at 4 and finally up for the day at 6. I held out and didn't feed him until 6am. He wasn't screaming with hunger or anything and didn't finish the bottle, so perhaps he really is just after comfort and not food.

Just put him down now as he's showing tired signs. Going to try to get some sleep myself.

Feeling pretty miserable. I'll BBL when I feel more human.

Saffi, M wasn't the best over-night either.
    M has cut her 2nd tooth, hoping we can get back in to a routine or at-least have my happy baby girl back.

You know ladies - feel free to throw something at me - but I am SOOOOO glad I am not the only one who has had a VERY unsettled baby lately. C has been a nightmare!! After waking at 630 thursday morning unitl 8 pm last night when I went to bed, I had only had around 10 hours sleep. C was just sooooo unsettled. We even set up the sofa bed in the nursery so I could sleep in there. First night it was good - could just sleep in the room and her hearing me must have been enough. Friday night was up every 45-1 hr. Didnt want anything - refused bottle, kept eyes closed but was just crying and crying.
    DH worked ALL weekend - was gone from 645 every day until 7-730 every day so I was living a nightmare. Yesterday of course she woke up with a cold and I was thinking to myself that I wouldnt get any sleep last night. Of course I got home from work yesterday and it all hit me and now I have a cold. But my little darling slept for at least 3 hours stints last night. I was reading her daycare sheet today and for lunch yesterday she ate 2 - yes 2!!! - tins of custard at lunch time. Maybe my little girl was hungry?!
    Anyway - I feel rested now at least but feel lke carp with this cold.
    Am getting my implanon put in this morning - going to be fun at work when they ask me to lift 20 kg bags of feed - uh.....how does no sound??
    Am so sorry for the selfish post - happy 6 and 7 months to all those gorgeous babies out htere and sorry for no personals yet again. Congrats on teeth, solids, crawling and squealing. I hope all bubs settle soon.
    have a great day everyone.
    MWAH

must be the season.

no sign of improvement round here. he needed resettling a couple of times. i fed at midnight and 6am but he still woke two or three times in between.

i'm going to move back into his room again tonight. someone might as well get sleep. as it stands, dh gets woken when i get up and when i come back to bed. he's not complaining but i figure he'll spoil us more if he's had lots of sleep.... *rubs hands together*

who lives in melbourne? i want to move to melbourne. have wanted to for a long time. suddenly, it seems dh is open to moving anywhere... so yay.

the gold coast has become like disneyland, attracting all kinds of clowns, meaning it's just horrible to live here. so pretty but you can't get anywhere easily or peacefully without 4,000 tools in your way.

so... melbourne. do you recommend it? where's good to live? etc.

Good morning!

I'm enjoying some peace and quiet while Joel is at kinder and K's having a nap, ahhh...

K had a good night, bed at 7:15pm, feed at 5am, slept again until 7:45am. I actually got a shower in before dropping Joel to kinder, such a miracle! I'm feeling a bit better today, but we'll see how the rest of today goes first lol. I'm a bit worried I'm heading down the depression path atm, I'm having some good days and then some pretty bad ones. I'll talk to our MCHN about it tomorrow.

Saffi - Hooray on getting a new hair do! I really need to get mine cut desperately. Sorry you had another bad night last night. Try and get some naps in today and don't worry about anything else like housework, etc.

Mo - Yay for Maddi cutting her second tooth! I hope she feels a bit better now and goes back to being her happy self.

Rebecca - Sorry you're having a rough time of it too . It's so much harder when your DH is hardly home. Luckily my DH has started coming home earlier now that I'm really struggling. Bless him! I hope you and Caitlyn recover quickly from your colds.

Willow - I forgot to ask, which day is your birthday? Also is it the big 3-0? Hope you don't mind me asking! How did L go last night?

Viv - Hope you get a better night's sleep tonight in J's room. Have you tried patting him when he stirs (before he starts crying)? I find this works really well with K during the day, he falls back to sleep without any fuss.

Re: Melbourne, I live here! Now I've really put you off lol! Mo, Kellie, Ange and Kim all live out here too. It depends on what you are after as to where you want to live. Do you want to rent or buy? How much can you afford (you don't have to answer that one here, just think about it!)? Do you want to live close to the city or do you prefer the 'burbs? Do you like leafy areas or do you prefer the beach? I live in the eastern suburbs and it is nice and leafy. There are some nice beach areas like Albert Park (it has a lake too). If you give us an idea of what kind of lifestyle you are after we can probably suggest a few places. Are you prepared for the cold though?!

Viv-Melbourne is nice, great for clothes shopping etc..
    It gets a lot colder down here & but we do have nice springs & summers.
    Eastern Suburbs are nice(Trish lives there), South East Suburbs are nice esp the ones closer to the beach just stay away from Dandenong, Clayton & Springvale.
    The Dandy Mountain area is lovely.
    Don't know much about the western area i think Kellie lives there so she might be able to help.

How close do you want to live to the city?

Lets not even talk about last night, happy for the change of topic!

Ahhh Melbourne, most liveable city.

I'm thinking you'd like SthYarra/StKilda/Elwood areas. 15 min from inner city, close to beach, great cafe's and bars, boutique type shopping. Property pretty hot around here though. That is presuming you want to live in the city.....what are the prerequisites?

I agree, Sth Yarra is great, on the Yarra and close to the Botannical Gardens as well, but it is very expensive to live there. As nice as St Kilda is I personally wouldn't want to live there with a child. There are loads of hookers and junkies that hang around. We were looking at properties around there a few years ago and they were on the street corners even at 9am! Elwood still has a few junkies, but is probably safer and also really nice.

Trish! I think you are being a bit harsh on Elwood and StKilda! Yup there is one street where the pro's hangout, but StKilda is a big suburb. Albert park is just as close to where the pro's hang out as some parts of StKilda!
    Lots of people must think it's great, that's why it's expensive. I often meet friends for dinner or brunch and a walk along the esplanade, and i have never felt unsafe.

Just thought i'd better stick up for StKilda!

Hee hee Ange, didn't mean to sound harsh, just thought I'd say what I've seen! I love St Kilda too, such a fun atmosphere and some great cafes. I just personally wouldn't want to live there after what we saw, and it wasn't just the one street, we were really surprised where they were hanging out! We were looking at buying an investment property there and were driving the streets there a lot. Sorry, didn't mean to have a dig and I don't ever feel unsafe when we visit either. It's actually more affordable for buying than Albert Park is and you are right, it is a big suburb so I'm sure there are some nice areas away from the dodgy people. Hope I didn't offend anyone!

Maybe you just saw me on my way home from a big night!

Ange!

ok.... well... we moved away from our equivalent of st kilda up here. the valley/new farm in bris is all about the lovely juxtaposition of cool young professionals with junkies, hookers, gay party boys and old-school italian immigrants. i loved it there when i was young, single and off getting completely maggot in the valley

what i want now is not quite suburbia (which i have now and am... eh about). i love that esplanade down there - i can see many a bike ride, pram push and one day *gasp* running, happening along there.

i've been stalking other forums who have mentioned fitzroy, collingwood and... um i forget, as the slightly lower key version of sth yarra and st kilda. i love fitzroy gardens... sigh.

mo - i'm ready for the cold, i grew up in nz. took me 14 months to acclimatise to qld heat when i got here almost 10 years ago, so i reckon i can snap back to cold. (am looking for an excuse to 'layer up' again too - oh, and i want to see james in a pea coat or something... teehee.... my human dolly).

i need to be close enough to the city for it not to be painful for when i go back to lawyering, but not so close that i'm trapped in that 'lifestyle' which is really not cool for the bubster.

so... does that help anyone narrow it down?

we'd be renting at first.

Viv - Fitzroy and Collingwood are great areas. The Collingwood children's farm would be great when J gets a bit older and it is close to the Eastern Fwy when you want to get out of town and go to places like Mt Dandy or the Yarra Valley. Our best friends live in Nth Fitzroy and love it there. They are close to parks and cafe's and they both used to ride their bikes to work in the CBD along the bike path before they popped out a bub. They are moving in June (closer to us, yay!) and will rent out their gorgeous terrace house that they have just reno-ed, so if you are planning on moving that soon and are interested let me know lol! It's so hard to choose somewhere in Melbourne, there's heaps of great places.

Fitzroy and Collingwood are both nice, pretty close to suburbia. Collingwood has a great children's farm! Houses tend to be small-ish type town houses with not alot of yard. of course there are exceptions.

More family firendly....

Elwood is very middle age trendy. nice area.

What about around Kew or Campberwell? expensive, but nice.

Or even further down the coast, around sandringham, brighton area? about 20 min to city. again expensive, but nice.

Willamston/Newport area is nice over the otherside. You would have to PT it into the city, the westgate bridge is a nightmare at peak hour.

Rental market is pretty rough in melb at the Mo, people cueing to just inspect places. So that might play a part in where you'd rent.....

Ooh, Hawthorn is nice too, we lived there for a year when we first got married. Close to the Yarra, city, cafe's etc. Yep, the rental market is a shocker, there is only 1% vacancy atm so it's really hard to get a place.

Just thought Id pop in and say hello, nothing new to report just some sleepless nights with cranky pants but mostly all is well..

Hope unsettled bubbles start to slumber soundly soon for everything!

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast