Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #25

Default Babies Born October 2007 #25

This thread is for parents whose baby was born in October 2007.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Astrolady ~ Administrator
    Trillian ~ Senior Moderator
    Dachlostar ~ Senior Moderator
    Lea13
    MistyFying

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Baby Formula - What Manufacturers Don't Want You To Know
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids or formula.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

The Previous thread is here http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/your...2007-24-a.html

Well after the disaster of last week's Mothers Group, L was a star today. We went to a park and spread out some picnic rugs and bubs did heaps of tummy time. It was great to see him interacting with his little friends. I love Queensland in April - still warm during the day and mild at night.

Had a bit of a battle getting him to sleep just now as the poor thing was so exhausted. I expect he will sleep well for a few hours at least.

Nothing much else happening. Hopefully tonight will be better sleep wise, but I doubt it.

saffi glad u had a good day at mums group!

Trish- your doing so well, considering how tough K has been in the last 2 months.
    do you think seeing a DIFFERENT MCHN or gp may be of benefit? maybe there is something else that they just not picking up on?? Its hard to pick up typing convos over face to face but i got the feeling maybe you think there is something more they havent come across??
    Mothers know best and if you have a gut feeling about anything i would get him checked out again.
    But i do hope a tooth or 2 or 3 come through soon and his reslesness subsides.

Tyron has just slid his way across the entire rumpis room backwards lol! he pushes his arms up and then slips back.
    oh and the little monkey got up on all fours yesterday!! once he did it once he just kept doing it and doing it.....i rekon he wants to get on the move and play with his bro. he is so different to Nix personality wise. Nixon always did and still does gets very frustrated and upset when he cannot do something first go, where as tyron just keeps at it quietly and peacefully until he gets what he wants to!

yesterday i think i barely put him down... his top 2 are coming through and he didnt want to be alone. thismorning he started the aweful teeth grinding ahhhh

I FINALLY FIGURED HIM OUT!!!!!!

My kid was STARVING!!!

Yesterday he ate LOADS and slept from 7pm till 5am straight...can't believe I didn't cotton on sooner!

Who put me in charge anyway!! Rubbish!

SO HAPPY! The whinging is gone and my happy Maxxy is back...YAY!

Nic how cute of Tyron, M is like Nixon cracks it's if she can't do something 1st time.

Saffi glad mother group was better this time.

We had a good night, went down 7pm woke up 6:30am.

Hope everyone else had a good night.

hooray for not having a starving baby!

piggy mcgoo round here has upped his frequency a couple of times so we may be able to try solids soon.

i got 7-12 12-5 out of him last night - do not add the fact that the husband had a night terror at 4.45 and probably woke the boy up. do not add also the fact that the bloody cat came in and was picking the carpet.

my one shot at sleep destroyed. boo hoo.... oh woe is me.

maybe the wretched sleep banshee is moving on from the babies? (still no teeth here)

Evenin' all! It's been pretty quiet in here today, none of my usual ramblings to fill up the page LOL!

I've had a much better day today, I started feeling better after all your lovely words of support yesterday, so thanks again everyone! K had two long naps today which is miraculous, his second nap went for two hours! Unheard of for a long time. He is barely rubbing his ear now too, so those drops must have worked their magic. Tonight was the first evening in a week that K wasn't a clingy, crying child so it has been much more relaxing around here!

I gave him pumpkin with his rice cereal tonight and he vacuumed it down. He is such a little guts and eats everything I give him. I cooked up some sweet potato too so I'll probably give him that tomorrow. I finally had the time today to make up some food for him, I have put it in ice cube trays in the freezer.

Viv - I hope J does another good night for you. I have had sooo many nights where K has done well, but Joel or DH have kept me awake instead .

Mo - Maddi is such a good sleeper, you are so lucky!

Julia - Glad to hear you have unlocked the secret to Max! These bubs keep us guessing don't they?

Nic - I hope it's just teething causing all these probs! Tyron is so clever scooting around!!

Saffi - How are your nights going?

Hi to everyone else, I'm going to bed early again!

Evening!

Trish - good to hear that K has been kinder to you today. Hopefully he has rounded the corner with his ear too. Pumpkin and farex yummy - going to keep that in mind.
    Julia - yay for Max! I'm grumpy too when I can't get my choccie fix LOL.
    Viv - there's always something out there conspiring to take our sleep away isn't there!

On the count down to introduction to solids. Sunday morning is it! Going to do farex first.

Nights! aargghh!!! Up again twice last night (3.30 and 5am). Gave a feed at 5 and again around 140mls so he obviously is hungry. Again wasn't really interested in a bottle until around 11am.

Had a bit of a nap this afternoon which was lovely. Its amazing how even an hour can charge up those batteries.

Question - for the formula fed babies, how long does a can last you? We go through a can a week. Still on Stage 1 at the moment. Won't go up to Stage 2 until we are confident he likes solids.

Thats it from me.

Hope bubs are kind to their mummies tonight!

Hey girls...

Trish - hang in there babe...glad today was a better day

Julia - man, you give me hope that the boy might sleep a bit better when he has some food in him....but not holding my breath! hehe. He's sick at the moment so not stressing too much about his sleeping.

Saffi - Was thinking of starting solids on Sunday too...few days before 6 months but want DH to be here with the video camera LOL! Either going to do it then or wait a few weeks till all our interstate visitors go home - got his christening and my 30th next weekend and my sister, best friend etc etc are all flying in for it so thinking a busy week like that might not be the best time.

Haven't caught up on all the posts but hope everyone is well!

As for us - L still has a cold which is getting worse. Bless the boy, he is still his happy little self but he's having trouble sleeping at night with the blocked nose and cough. It's not getting any better so we're off to the GP tomorrow.

In other news - the boy is commando crawling!! ****! I couldn't believe it. We've had the 'up on all fours rocking back and forth action' for about 2.5 weeks now but today he was on the floor and commando crawled about 1.5m to get to a book he wanted! I'm not ready for him to be mobile yet - EEEEEP!!

Definitely two teeth sitting in his bottom gum. Had a friend take a peek and she reckons she can see them too. He has two very distinct lumps on the front of his gum too so who knows how long before they pop through.

Willow - my DH has the video camera charged up waiting to film intro to solids too! My ILs come over every Sunday and DH suggested that we do it when they are here. Couldn't think of anything worse than having MIL trying to lecture us and take over what we are doing.

Congrats on the crawling.

Go the commando!

Yeah, i have had stern words with Lu, no milestones while the in-laws are here! i already get too much 'well-meaning' advice. MIL's eh? has anyone got a good one?

night all.

Trish Glad K gave you a break today, hope he slept well during the night for you as-well.
    M may be a good sleeper now, but i doubt she'll be that good when i move her into her cot.

MIL's *sigh* The good about moving to Pakenham was only see her once a week.

my mother reminded me that dealing with the MIL is a rite of passage.

mine swore,vowed and declared that she wouldn't be like her MIL, who was an overbearing pain. turns out my MIL oscillates between being staggeringly absent 1-2 months at a time, to being here and telling me every cry is 'hungry' even if he's just xome off the boob:

"you'll want to give him this"
    "he should have a spoon of his own to play with while you feed him"

never mind the:

MIL: [casting eye around] "where's the ironing board"
    ME:"in the cupboard"
    MIL: "but it's always lived there" [pointing to corner of family room]
    ME:"um, no it hasn't"
    MIL: "yes it has, it lives there"
    ME: "no it's always had a cupboard, it just hasn't always made it there"
    MIL: "but it lives there"
    *eyeroll*

fark. who cares???? i get the feeling she can't get any balls around her husband so she tries crap like that on me. pity i'm not buying. it's all a thinly veiled 'you're a carp housewife and i'm so grand'. but like i say, she goes into a cold sweat just seeing a USB drive - i think i'm allowed to be **** at being a housewife.

and, which is more, I didn't let my boy CIO ever - like she did!
    MIL: "i would just put him in there and let him cry, but then he's not mine so i can't"..... give it a bone ya hag. so there MIL...

god, who started the MIL topic? i could go on forever... kinda glad she doesn't hang round more.
    Last edited by ninja_turtle; April 24th, 2008 at 11:07 AM.

My MIL is OK

She is a bit fairy floss and candy canes though for my liking.....Just say it like it is....not everything has to be sweet and sugar coated...GAG!

I LOOOOOVE my MIL!!! She is the best

We are off to NSW tmrw....will be a jam packed weekend. Meetin up with a friend on Sunday for lunch so will be exciting. Bit worried bout Jas on the plane. She refuses dummies, so im tryin to fiddle her bottles around so she will be having a feed on take off. Lil bugger bit my friend when we were out today..couldnt do anything but laugh!!

Anyhow..ill speak another time...have a good weekend

Hi everyone,
    Just popped in to say a quick hello... waiting for Tahlia to wake up so I can head off to mothers group

Trish - glad to hear that you are having a better time with Kieran.

Willow - way to go on the commando crawling! Tahlia lifts her bum up and pushes herself but she hasn't figured out what to do with her arms yet.

MIL - Tahlia usually cries when she picks her up... she wonders why and says she thinks Tahlia hates her... but I feel like saying its because you only see her once a month! But I keep my mouth shut...

Gave Tahlia some pumpkin yesterday and then again before... she loved it! She keeps leaning forward with her mouth open waiting for more!

Trish i love my Ergo, M loves her new toys doesn't want to play with her old ones anymore.
    Phil's gonna hang the swing up today.
    Hope K went to sleep for you after we left..Thanks again

Kim enjoy your trip.

Willow-Yay(i think) for L commando crawling

Kellie-Yay for liking pumpkin.

Good afternoon!

Well, K is having a really good day today, hooray! He was so well behaved when Mo came that I'm sure she thinks I'm making it up that he has been so unhappy LOL! I just have to tell you all that Maddi is soooooo cute! She has the most beautiful little face

Mo - Glad Maddi loves her new toys! Have you tried on the Ergo? Hope Maddi likes it in there! K had a nap not long after you left and he is down for his second one now, fingers crossed he has a nice long one.

Kellie - Glad Tahlia loves pumpkin too! Sounds like she is doing well with her solids. Have fun at MG!

Kim - Have a great trip! I hope Jas goes well on the plane.

Viv - Your MIL sounds infuriating! I had a good laugh at your dialogue.

Willow - Woohoo to L for commando crawling! Commiserations to mummy :P. Good luck with introducing solids, let us know how you go!

Saffi - Hope you had a better night last night. Re: formula, I used to go through a tin a week with Joel. Good luck with solids on the weekend!

Hi to everyone else, have a great day!

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast