Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #25

Hi everyone

Sorry haven't been able to read the posts, my computer at home is completely stuffed...I'm on DH's laptop at the mo scamming on someones wireless internet Better not keep it up for long...

Just wanted to say a quick HI and I'm not completely vanishing.....I never realised how much the computer keeps me in touch with the world! Sad!

LizzysMum Guest

Thanks for the feeding info ladies. Wow Nic only 3 bottles! I am still BF 6 times in 24 hours. "Sigh" I do love it but would like a nights sleep. Today though she refused the 4pm feed and trucked through until dinner, then she had sweet corn and rice cereal, had a half a$$ed feed at about 7pm and then to bed at about 7.30pm, and she has just woken (8.30pm) and had another feed!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! Now in a perfect world that may mean only one room service tonight but I bet it is still 2!!

I am stressing too because tomorrow I have to play soccer and I have expressed enough for a feed - it will be interesting to see how DH goes with both girls, sleeps, feed and solids LOL!

Must run, have a good night all.

Hi all

Well its quiet in here!

Quiet on the home front too. Doing the handover with DH atm. Writing instructions on how I run the house, use the washing machine etc. Think he is going to get a bit of a rude shock. Maybe I will be the one with the rude shock when I come home and find house as a disaster zone. As an example, I slept in this morning and when I got up there were dishes everywhere, the drawers in L's room were wide open where he had gone to dress him, and bottles needing to be washed and sterilised. I am trying not to be a control freak about it all. He's just going to have to learn for himself!

DH tried pumpkin on L this morning. I think there was more of it smeared on the bib and L's face than actually got in the mouth. Oh well, we'll persevere.

Have put him on Stage 2 formula and using Avent Number 4 teats. Does anyone else use these teats? We were on 2s but DH bought 4s so worried that we have missed a step. The flow is so much faster than he is used to.

Good night tho. Fed him at around 10.30, but didn't settle until almost 12. Then he slept through to 5, fed at 6 and up at 7. Interesting. Tonight will be my last night shift, tho I will probably do Fri and Sat nights to give DH a break LOL!

Hope you are all having a good weekend.

there is a size 3 teat as well saffi.
    thats what we have Ty on now, even still i think he gulps too quick so i 4 would be pretty quick.

leah- how did dh go with the girls?

well it seems there is a lot of dh doing child duties atm. i had a tupperware party this arvo so dh had the boys. he worked all last night got home at 5am but he slept until 12.30pm, so still the same amount of sleep.
    i was gone 3.5hrs and when i got home he is grumpy as anything,nothin done ofcourse exept more mess than when i had left. i think his work is stressing him out atm but i hate the fact its arond the home, if he's in a bad mood we all are!

LizzysMum Guest

Hi,

DH did great with the girls, he even did 2 loads of washing and vacced the floors in kit, lounge, dining area. It does help that Amara slept almost 2 hours for him where she sleeps 30 mins for me!

BUT total disaster on the feeding front. Amara completely refused the bottle. No way no how. So she had to wait until I got home. I am gutted, to get that 220mls of EBM I went through hell and now it is down the sink!! I could cry. Little beast.

Its not looking good for me playing soccer this season.

Morning everyone!

I hope you all had a great weekend. We went looking for caravans yesterday, I didn't want to get one for a couple more years yet, but DH is sooo keen to get one that I relented! He is really excited and I suppose it's nice for him to have something to look forward to. I don't plan on using it until K is at least a year old, but he can use it with Joel and our BIL in the meantime. He wants one while he has a company 4wd and petrol is paid for by the company. I'd prefer a holiday house, but yanno, I think that's quite a few years off yet LOL!

K likes pear now, is there anything he doesn't like? I haven't found it yet! He is such a little guts. I'm not sure what we'll try next.

Saffi - Do you start work today? If so, good luck! I hope you enjoy it and I hope your DH copes! Is he taking time off to look after L?

Leah - Bummer Amara didn't take the bottle. Maybe you could try a sippy cup or even just a normal cup instead? I'm sure you will find something that works! Next time you express you could seperate it into a couple of batches in case she doen't take all of it again.

Nic - I hope your DH is in a better mood today! There is nothing worse when they come home and make everyone else miserable. How did your Tupperware party go? Oh yeah, wow on Tyron's weight!! I think Joel weighed that at 12 months!

Julia - How annoying about your computer, I'd go mental without mine! I hope Max is still going well with his extra food.

Viv - How did J's sleep go over the weekend? Has it made any difference having you in the room?

Hi to everyone else, hope you have a great day!

Morning all!

Trish - I start back at work tomorrow as it is a public holiday up here. Yes, DH is now on 9 weeks leave so he will be the house hubby. Got 9 weeks to find a childcare place for L
    Yay, about the caravan. My idea of camping is a tent in the foyer of the Hilton, so a caravan is a good compromise.
    Nickers - knew there was a 3 teat. DH just saw the 6 months and thought "yup he's 6 months now so he must be ready for it". Will go out and get a 3 tomorrow as I think the flow is way too fast for him and seems to be a lot oozing out.

Think we might go out for lunch and I will try to enjoy my last day of freedom.

Have a good day

Saffi-Hope you find some where for L soon.
    Good luck with you first day back tomorrow.

Trish-Yay on the caravan, I'm Saffi but i think i could handle a caravan.

Are any of the Melb Ladies going to the BellyBelly Centre opening day?

Amber - hope you had a great weekend away

Saffi - way to go on L's weight! Good luck at work tomorrow

Ninja and Nickers - what big boys you have!

Trish - thats great about the caravan

Mo - I wanted to go to the opening, but its the day before Tahlia's baptism so I probably won't be able to go

Not much new with us, Tahlia had her needles today and she barely even cried! She has been a bit grizzly this arvo though, so I just gave her some panadol and now she is having a sleep. We're going to start on 2 meals a day from tomorrow, probably breakfast of rice cereal and fruit and vegies for dinner, so we'll soon see how she goes

Hope everyone has a good night

Everyone is being very quiet in here lately.

Saffi hope you have a good 1st day back at work today.

We had a good night, M is eating more & more now, Think she wants to have a eating contest with Lu lol.

Hope everyone had a good night

Morning everyone! It is quiet in here lately, I think a few mummies must be away/busy.

Joel is at kinder this morning so I am enjoying some peace and quiet while K sleeps. Joel got his hair cut yesterday and the hairdresser did the complete opposite of what I asked! He has gorgeous semi-long blonde hair with curls and I asked her to keep it looking longish, but just tidy it up with a trim. I've had it done at another hairdresser's before with no probs, but this hairdresser cut all his curls off . I know they'll grow back, but I LOVED them! I feel a bit sad whenever I look at him, but I keep telling him it looks great LOL.

K is getting happier again, hooray! He has his moments, but he isn't miserable all the time now. He is squwarking and squeeling which is so cute. He has also finally discovered his feet and tries to shove them in his mouth whenever he sees them! His other cute thing atm is shaking his head heaps and laughing, I then do it and he does it back, so cute! Oh, and he has a fake laugh that has me in stitches which makes him do it more hee hee!

So, what cute escapades are everyone elses bubs up to?

Mo - That's great the Maddi is eating more, what a good girl! Have you been using the Ergo? I don't know how I'd live without mine! Re: the Belly Belly centre opening, I'd love to go. Do you know the date and time? I haven't seen it anywhere.

Kellie - I'm glad Tahlia coped well with her needles. I'm getting K's done in another week yet, not looking forward to it. GL with introducing two feeds!

Saffi - GL at work today! I'm thinking of ya! Hope it goes really well.

Have a great day everyone

trish - i swear to god there should be an island for the cracked-out hairdressers who seem to have industrial deafness over how much to cut off. i feel your pain.. i do, especially baby curls!!! gah!

dh has threatened to stand over any hairdresser who is going to cut my hair to make sure they don't go overboard.

i will be the same with james, although he's still mostly bald as a coot, so no danger yet.

*fuming at hairdressers*

in my hair update - extensions are no good for me because while my hair is fine, i have about a billion follicles which means i'd need at least double the number of extensions of a normal person (i.e. 400) which would hurt my head so badly that there's no point. so i have to deal with my rat bowl mullet for a bit longer. *cries*

*stabs wildly in the air at hairdresser*

Trish Joel had gorgeous Curls can't believe she cut them off, at least they will grow back.
    I used when M was teething & i couldn't put her down, She keeps trying to eat the straps & has a horrible habit of leaning back she she can she things up side down(it's her new fav thing to do lol)
    BB Opening is on the May 25th 10am-4pm i think.
    I almost 100% going.

Viv-Are you going to post any pics of your "new" hair do?

Trish - that is so funny, Tahlia has just started shaking her head too.. and she also thinks its hilarious! Especially when I am trying to get her to sleep!

Hairdressers - I know what you both mean Trish and Viv... I'm trying to find a new one at the moment, cause last time I got my hair done, my old hairdresser annoyed me and they are also way to expensive! I need to find one soon tho cause Tahlia's christening is in just over a week and I want to get it done before then!

Mo - I thought the opening was on the 17th, so if its on the 25th I might go after all

hello everyone,
    just popped in to say hello to everyone. we are going so well. lachlan is 6 mnths old now and doing great. no teeth and no hair lol. he is eating solids like a pro, and sitting up but STILL not rolling, i guess because he is so cruisy he just cant be bothered, lol, lazy bum. he does sorta half crawl, just pushes himself along the ground on his tummy.
    i uploaded 5 new pics in my gallery,
    SAFFI, you should check them out, he still looks like your lachlan.(oh and btw, congrats on going back to work)
    love from all of us here.

becky Guest

Saffi - Good luck today! I hope ya survive your first day without your little man!

Trish - Oh no! Not the curls! LOL. Liam has gorgeous curls too and I got them all cut off cause it was getting really long! Now he just has short hair! He still looks gorgeous but I cant wait til his curls come back!!

Hi everyone else. Talk soon

Kellie-Kelly changed the dates because of trouble with the council or something.
    If we can all make it, we would make it a mini meet-up.
    That way we can all see how much our Babies have grown

Nice to hear from you Becky & Kate

Afternoon ladies..how is everyone? Im going really well, nothing what so ever to complain about..im on top of the world! Starting play group on Friday with the girls..manily for Chelsea, but also for me to meet other mums. Also trying to get Jasmine into FDC 1 day a week or so....give me some ME time.

Jasmine is going good. No solids...wont have a bar of them still....so not forcing the issue with her. Seems very happy on just milk. Sleeping wonderfully still except 430 this morning was play time....first time in agggges she has woken! We have 6 month check up tomorrow and Chelsea's 18 month checkup too. Still only 2 teeth, very vocal, no rolling or sitting. Jas is happy doing her won thing

Bugger about the curls Trish.....Id die if i lost Chels'....she has some nice ones forming!

Mo not sure on the opening, think i said id go, but cant see myself getting there!

To everyone else hi and hope your going well...

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast