Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #26

Default Babies Born October 2007 #26

This thread is for parents whose baby was born in October 2007.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Astrolady ~ Administrator
    Trillian ~ Senior Moderator
    Dachlostar ~ Senior Moderator
    Lea13
    MistyFying

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Baby Formula - What Manufacturers Don't Want You To Know
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids or formula.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

The Previous thread is here http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/your...2007-25-a.html

I have to get M weighed still, guessing she is well over 8kgs now.
    We go for her 8 month check-up in a few weeks wonder if she'll be 9kg by then.
    M has been up since 9am & she only slept 30mins for the whole day
    She crashed about 20 mins ago, About time too lol.

mo - we had a wake-athon here yesterday too. 30 minutes between 10 am and 5pm. wooo....

he's making up for it now by having a 2 hour+ this morning. monkey doo!

he wants to crawl SO badly. every time i look at him he's up on all fours practising. he can do a one-legged crawl where he sort of drags the left leg as a dead weight and jimmies himself along with his right. so funny - he's determined. every time i put him in his cot he jacks his feet up on the bars to push off in crawl position. i hear him grunting and puffing away trying to master it.

Morning everyone!

Yay, I have my happy K back! He has been improving every day since I took him to the chiro last week. I didn't want to say anything, but the chiro said there was a bone in K's neck that was out that he liked to call the "mood" bone because it can affect your mood. He realigned it, but I was REALLY skeptical and thought it sounded a bit unbelievable. Well, I have noticed a big improvement in K's mood since then, he has been getting better every day. He is now generally happy and doesn't scream and arch his back any more. Hooray! I forgot all about what the chiro had said, but by Monday of this week I put 2 and 2 together and realised the chiro was right!!

Mo - I hope Maddi sleeps more for you today! K only did short naps all day yesterday, it's so frustrating! Thanks for the link to the BB centre opening, I can't remember where I saw the address, but I'm sure there will be more info given closer to the date.

Becky - IKWYM about the kids keeping each other awake! I get so stressed out about it sometimes. Joel is so noisy before he goes to sleep and when he wakes up. I could scream when his noise wakes up Kieran!

Kate - Sounds like Lachlan is doing well!

Kim - Glad Jasmine's early morning wake up was a once off! Wow, the girls are doing well with their weight, Jasmine is catching up to Chelsea! I keep forgetting to ask, how is Craig's foot now? I hope it's all healed up.

Julia - Hope you're computer is up and running quickly! Thanks for popping in

Viv - How cute, it won't be long until J has worked it all out! Yesterday must have been the day for bad sleep.

Have a great day everyone!

Hello ladies! I just thought I'd poke my head in and say hi - I'm TERRIBLE at keeping up with buddy threads. My little lady is thriving, and though she is growing much slower than her big sisters (about 2kg smaller than they were at this age) she is a lovely, healthy, lively little thing. She just popped two bottom teeth, learned to sit up, and is drooling and babbling all over the place. I have to say though, she is no where close to crawling! But then, my other two didn't until 11 months or so, either. She has also just started sleeping through! Hurray! She's done it two nights in a row, so I'm calling it a trend.
    How are your little ones eating? Mine nurses at 6:00am, and then has a BIG bowl of cereal, nurses at 8:30 and goes to bed. Gets up again around 11:00, eats another big bowl of veggies/fruit, and nurses again. Back to bed around 2:00pm, and sleeps until 4:30, or so. Again, another big bowl of cereal with veggies for dinner, and I nurse her. She nurses one more time around 7:00, and then down to bed for the night. I can not believe the amount of solid food she is eating! It seems that for such a little lady, she is taking in an awful lot in a day! I don't know where she is putting it!

Can you believe our little people are over half a year old already! How did that happen!?

I'll try to pop in again sometime soon, and see how everyone is doing!

Trish - so glad to hear that you've got your happy baby back!

Cricket - Hi!

Ninja - how cute that J is trying to crawl

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MINIMAX!

Not much new with us, I've come down with a horrible cold so I hope that I dont pass it on to Tahlia. Just gave Tahlia some apples mixed with baby cereal before and she spat most of it back at me.. thats the 1st time she has done that, so I really think she doesn't like apples! I must admit though, the pureed apples dont taste very nice without any added sugar

Hope everyone else is well

Trish thanks for asking about Craigs foot. Still healing...painful..and now done his knee in!! When we flew up to NSW when we first boarded...he twisted to sit down and his knee gave in at the same time and turninf...OUCH!!

Kim- Congrats, hope you have H & H 9 months.

Viv & Trish nice to know i wasn't the only one yesterday, M has been up 6hrs so far & no naps
    * sigh *

Kellie-Hope you feel better soon & it misses Tahlia

Cricket-Nice to hear from you

Wow Kim, congratulations! I can only assume that's what your sig means (good eyes Mo)! Poor Craig, sounds like he is in a bit of pain at the moment. How did Jasmine go on her first flight?

Mo - I'm sending nap vibes to Maddi today LOL!

Kellie - At least Tahlia loves her vegies! Better to like vegies than sweet stuff. I'm sure she'll come around to it, try it again another time.

Cricket - Nice to see you in here! Sounds like your bub is doing so well. Kieran has 6 b'feeds per day and usually has apple or pear in the morning and vegies or rice cereal (or both) in the evening.

Thanks Mo and Trish.

First flight....argh.....horrid....screamed, cried, wouldnt take bottle (or dummy but she refuses them all the time, but thought it might help). Thats was on the way up. On way home she fell asleep but bout 20 mins before landing started up....but was a feral flight and all the other kids and babies were screaming too!!!

EDITED: double posted

Aww...that's lovely news Kim, you make such beautiful babies!

Yuck, the flight sounds terrible. I'm glad we don't have to fly anywhere atm, I don't think K would be a very good flyer.

becky Guest

Awwww Kim so ya decided to tell! LOL!! Your just like me, I knew you'd be too excited to keep it in! Congratulaitons again!

Trish - LOL. Glad its not just me! I know what ya mean about stressing! The 2 kids screaming at each other when trying to go to bed - Argh!!! Luckily today, they both just drifted off to sleep straight away! Its so much less stressful!

Hi to everyone else! Prob be back a bit later, I have to take advantage of my kid-free time and get some things done! Prob only last 45 mins or so! Ciao!

Nope Becky....i caved! At least i kept it a secret for a good 8 or so days :P

Trish Jas isnt a good traveller full stop! She isnt fond of the car for more then 2-3 hours (argh so driving to NSW is out) and flying 90 mins is out (argh so flying to NSW is out). Conclusion: Family have to come to us from now on!!

I need a nap myself i think! Chelsea at care. Jas in bed sleeping....so nice....now i just need some warmth and a pillow

becky Guest

Na na na na na! Hehehe! I knew first! I knew last week!!

I had to tell some one....and you were the lucky winner....cos i speak to you daily!!

Thanks Trish those nap vibes worked, M slept for an hour

Kim - congratulations All the best for a H & H pregnancy. Maybe the baby will make an early arrival and you will have an 06,07 and 08 baby. I wonder if any of the other Octo-mums will have an announcement to make?!?!
    Trish - glad K is back to his normal self.

Not much happening here. Just getting back into the work/home routine. Missing my little man terribly and trying to get home early enough to spend some time with him before bed. DH is doing a great job looking after L.

I think we'll give up solids for a little while. He just doesn't seem to have the swallowing thing down. I think I might use a teether/feeder bag and see if I can get him interested in solids. Any tips on how to use them?

Looking forward to my first Mother's Day.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast