Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #26

Good morning everyone!

I hope you all had an awesome Mother's Day yesterday! Tell us all what you got and what you did if you haven't already!! I got a slow cooker which I had asked for, I gave DH a list of the criteria that I wanted and he bought me a great Sunbeam one. I can't wait to try it out!

Poor K has a snuffly nose atm, most likely caught it off Joel who constantly has a cold now he is at kinder . He still only rolls from his tummy to his back and doesn't do much else! He likes to just lay around. He's so different to Joel who was already commando crawling by now. K is still going well with solids, I'm thinking of upping him to three meals a day soon.

Claire - Welcome back! I've been wondering where you were. Sorry to hear that Harry had an accident, that must have been so scary.

Nic - Congrats on getting the keys to your house!!! When do you move in? What sort of renos are you going to do? I had a peek at the wedding photos you posted on FB, you looked gorgeous! I love the yellow dresses.

Saffi - Awww, sounds like you had such a nice day yesterday! I hope you find L a DC place soon.

Kim - Sounds like you had a great Mother's Day too! Craig is so lovely cooking you a yummy lunch. How many weeks along are you atm?

Becky - Love the photo of Chelsea in her bathers, she is so cute! A day at the beach sounds great, there is no chance of that happening down here in Melbourne.

Alz - Glad you got spoilt on your first Mother's Day!

Mo - Did you anything special yesterday? How's little Maddi going atm?

Julia - Yay for being back online! I hope Max got you something special yesterday.

Willow - Welcome back! Glad the birthday and Christening went well. Yay on L getting a tooth!!! Is he sleeping better now? K has been doing terrible day naps over the last week, only one sleep cycle and I can't get him to sleep any more, soooo frustrating!

Viv - That's great that James is eating more. Hopefully he'll start sleeping a bit better at night soon. K doesn't have any teeth yet either if it makes you feel any better!

Have a great day everyone!

Yep had a lovely day yesterday. Lunch was yummo! Then last night Craig had to pick his mates up from the airport at 9.50pm (was delayed soooo many times) and never got home until after midnight...so he dropped by Macca's and got me an apple pie

Nic no m/s yet....but i know it will hit when i least expect it. I started at 6 weeks with Chelsea and 9 weeks with Jasmine. Other then a BFP and no AF i wouldnt even know i was preg...LOL Symptom free for the moment.

Trish im now 5w4d so still early....way to early for me to know thats for sure....i have NFI how people could find out so early.....its frustrating me!

Jasmine is craking wobblies today and doesnt want to sleep....at least i have a good night sleeper!! Still refusing solids....she just doesnt like food! Only goes back to tummy as well. Loves her milk too....went through a few days of only 150ml bottles but back to 200ml now but normally leave 30-40mls

Hi everyone...I'm back! Happy Mothers Day for yesterday. I did come in last night and posted, then my comp froze and I lost everything...grrrr annoying!

Willow Happy birthday for the 9th....My birthday was the 8th!
    Viv Hope you had a good Mothers Day...Hope JJ behaved himself!!
    Kim CONGRATS!!! You are amazing!

Well....I think Max is now officially teething again! He is munching on his hand constantly! Waking every 3 hours in the night and is generally grizzly and irratable! Not fun! He is still majority cute though He is still not rolling and today he's 7 months! What a slacker! We are off to swimming very soon so I'm hoping he will have a nice long sleep so I can get a few things done around the house. It's feeling rather gross at the moment.

The kid is loving his solids....has only screwed his nose up, gagged and spewed at avocado and parsnip so far! He Luuurves Mango...too bad they cost $4.95 each!

Well...must go...he's just had a cat nap!

BBL

Hi everyone,
    Well it sounds like you all had a great Mummy's Day. Well after a good start my day went downhill fast. We went out for coffee which was nice and went to MILs to give her some flowers. They were expecting us for lunch but we didn't know that!! So I was a little cranky that we were expected to put the rest of our plans on hold for them. Anyway hubby was sweet and told them that we had plans so we weren't going to stay. Went home and had a boring salad (groan at docs strict diet) and watched a movie with a screamy baby in the background. Then hubby got sick and spent the rest of the night throwing up. Ethan slept from 9.30 till 5.45 so he was good but hubby spent the night sighing and tossing around so I got no sleep and then had to get up and look after Ethan and him.

Question - Ethan has had a bit of diarrhea. Had 2 small bits on Saturday and then a bit again today. Not sure if I should take him to the doc or not. What can I do about it. He is a bit whingy. We changed him from lactose free formula to cows milk formula about 2 weeks ago. Surely he wouldn't be reacting now after 2 weeks of taking it fine would he?

Anyway have a great day everyone.

So much to catch up on in here!

Hope everyone had a wonderful first Mother's Day with your bubs!
    We spent the day at Werribee Zoo, which was really nice, even though Tahlia fell asleep on the bus tour and missed out on the animals coming up really close to the bus. Later on in the day when we were walking around she was looking at the animals though.... the cheetah come up really close to her (on the other side of a glass window) and she was smiling at it.. so cute. I'll have to put some pics up on FB

Kim - Congrats!

Willow - hope you had a great birthday

Alz - sorry to hear about your horrible day

Hope everyone else is well and that the bubs are behaving themselves

hey all

bit of a marathon post coming up, i think.

so, saturday afternoon dh's phone beeped - turns out a dear friend of ours (aged 29) died on friday night. he was in hospital with pneumonia, they discovered by accident that he had testicular cancer and had one week to live. he didn't even make it another day. worst of worst, his lovely young gf is 6 months UTD and now has to raise that beautiful little boy without a daddy. he was a cool dude and it has just ripped DH to pieces.

saturday night, he downed 3/4 of a bottle of grants, dressed up in the clothes (including coat) that he used to wear out with his mate back in those days, and hung out at the letterbox in the dark, drinking their scotch, smoking their cigars under the stars. i just went in and out to check on him but it was nice for him to give joely a send-off the way he would have wanted.

dh came to bed but lasted about 2 minutes until he hurled up all the scotch (not a big drinker these days). under any other circumstances i'd be dark about my husband having a big p!ssed hurl on mother's day eve, but yanno, i figure, if you can't get thoroughly blind and hurl when i good friend dies, when can you?? i put him in the shower and that was that.

mother's day wasn't exactly any fun because of the situation. that said, james bought me some new walking shoes so i can take him for faster walks, and a new cashmer jumper and pashmina for winter. dh made me french toast with berry compote :drool:

then later i made him a fry-up because you can imagine how rank he was feeling after the scotch incident.

james made me a huge card. he is very good with textas... amazing actually. i thought he'd be flat out doing anything but he scrawled all over it, and himself, and his suit.

he hates real food, btw. he loves cereal and anything to do with EBM but despises all recommended foods for kiddies his age. meh.

his new move is 'downward facing dog'. he does it all the time. still does the dead-leg crawl but it won't be long. i think he's sleeping better for having cracked at least a partial crawl. i think it was doing his head in.

his nap structure has changed. he does 3 hours awake, 2 hours asleep now, with me occasionally helping him between sleep cycles.

we're working on the night time thing..

hope you all had a great mother's day.

i've got that funeral on friday so i guess i'll just be working myself up for that...

Oh Viv that is so sad, I am so sorry to hear of the sudden loss of your friend . I have tears in my eyes thinking of him and his family. Life is so unfair...

Viv - I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your friend, that is so sad

becky Guest

Yeah so sorry to hear Viv. That must be devestating for you all - especially your hubby. And his poor wife. I feel devestated for her. There would be no worse timing for her - the poor thing. Makes ya think how lucky we are.

Not good Viv..im sorry for your DH's friend and his partner.

Viv - that is just so awful. I am sorry for the loss of your friend and especially for his poor partner. I can't think of anything sadder than to deliver a beautiful baby without his daddy there.

L is a massive fan of the downward facing dog too. Does it all day long. Is getting around though, just found the power cords in the loungeroom so need to get DH to sort that out.

Trish - L's day naps have improved, thank god!! Bit like Viv though, I've had to change our routine a bit. He now only has 2 day sleeps, he was fighting 3 so hard I figured he was trying to tell me something! LOL. I realised that when i was putting him down in the middle of the day he didn't even look tired, I was watching the clock instead of him and it wasn't working out so great. He wakes up about 7.30am, goes back to bed around 9am then sleeps till 11am. He is then awake in the middle part of the day for 3 hours, goes down around 1.30-2pm most days and then sleeps till about 3-3.30pm. He has dinner at 5pm, bath, boobie, then bed at 6pm. So he's averaging about 3.5-4 hours sleep during the day still but only doing it in two blocks of sleep now. He is self settling straight away again, whereas before he would either cry on and off or would lay in his cot talking and playing for about an hour before finally cracking it! Nights are the same, he does anything from 3-5 hours between feeds but I'm still not at the stage where i'm ready to push him to sleep through. I think it won't be long though.
    Last edited by Willow; May 12th, 2008 at 03:38 PM.

So unfair Viv. Too young, too sudden. I can't imagine being in his GF's shoes. A new baby is hard enough, let alone dealing with loosing your partner. Be thinking of you on Friday.

Sleep better here too, thank goodness. Think top teeth were messing with the schedule. can see them but not through yet.

Mothers day was lovely. Facial and pedicure here too. Snap Saffi. was soooooo relaxing.

Aw Viv that is so sad

To think I just turned 29 myself! Scary

OMG Viv - that is so sad.
    My Mothers Day card had a little hand print in non-toxic paint. DH had a very anxious 10minutes as he tried to negotiate getting the paint on the card and off L without getting it over everything. Think I am going to keep an ongoing record of his hand prints so I can remember how small he was.

Claire - poor Harry. Glad it wasn't worse, but still.....
    Nic - congrats on getting the keys to your house!

Went to visit my friend on Saturday who had a baby boy the week before last. He is a whopping 10lb'er but compared to my hefty boofer now he is so small and light. Have to admit I found myself getting a little bit clucky. Funny, didn't really enjoy L when he was a newborn, but I miss them now.

Happy 7 months Max!

Going to a baby shower next weekend. Anyone got any suggestions on a good, practical gift under $20? Don't want to do clothes.

Check in tomorrow.

Claire Guest

Viv - That's so sad, it's awful when someone dies so young with a full life ahead of them.

Trish - Thanks for the WB

Still no interest in solids here - he does a weird shiver thing if I even offer. He's sucked some sweet pot and puimpkin off his fingers but that was last week sometime. I don't think he's in any rush here - he's still feeding 4 hourly so he's obviously not beginning to feel hungrier yet.

Took Harry to a lovely pediatric acupunturist on Saturday and I have to say there's been a marked improvement - I'm so chuffed for the little man. We go back on Friday.

saffi - the best gifts i got were the practical ones like:

1) head buffer for pram/bassinette
    2) nuk bath thermometer shaped like a submarine (which he loooooves)
    3) muslin wraps

Morning!

K was the grumpiest boy ever yesterday with his cold, the poor thing isn't feeling too well. He's chucking up heaps too. A friend brought her 7.5 month old DS over on Friday and he played with K's toys, the friend then texted me yesterday to say her DS has a runny nose and a case of the runs so I think K may have caught a bug from him.

He's still sleeping well, on Sunday night I put him to bed at 6:45pm after a big day and he slept right through until 5:15am, had a feed and slept until 7am, he must have been tired! I'm sooo looking forward to him dropping his 5am feed, but he is so hungry at that time that I can't see him dropping it any time soon.

Kim - How is Chelsea? Is she still vomitting at night?

Julia
    - I'm so sorry I missed your birthday last week! Wishing you a belated happy birthday . Happy 7 months to Max for yesterday too!

alz - Sorry your Mother's Day didn't end well. I hope your DH & Ethan are feeling better. Sounds like they both caught a tummy bug?

Kellie - A day at Werribee Zoo sounds like fun, we still haven't been there yet. Are you going to the BB centre opening?

Willow - Hooray on L's naps improving! There is no chance K could drop a nap yet, I hope he will soon though, it makes it easier to do stuff. I'm taking him to the chiro today so we'll see if he can work some magic!

Ange - Ooh, a facial and pedicure sounds so nice! How is Lu going? Has your eye recovered yet?

Saffi - The hand print card sounds so cute! Joel made me a poster at kinder with his hand-prints on it for Mother's Day, the teacher laminated it and put a cute poem with it. It's so sweet, I'll hold onto it for a keepsake. Re: a present - I was going to suggest a bath thermometer too, otherwise a cute pram toy, they always come in handy!

Claire - I didn't know there were paediatric acupuncturists, what issues made you take Harry there? I'm very interested!

Viv - I hope your DH is recovering a bit after Saturday night. I'm sure Friday is going to be a tough day for everyone. I can't stop thinking about your friend, I just feel so sad.

I hope you all have a great day

Viv-That's so sad.

I have the icky yucky Flu, I'm hoping M doesn't get it.

Glad everyone had a good mothers day

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast