Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #26

M's gotten sicker now has a runny/blocked nose, slight cough & a slight temp.
    Dosing her up a panadol & using a spray for her nose to help her breathe easier.

Julia have fun at the wedding.

Heya everyone,

Wow 7 months insane isn't it. Just saying hi, come to realise my promises of trying to be more active are just stupid and now going to happen at this point of time so all I can say is I'll randomly pop up and say g'day :P

Ryan is doing well has a evaporator to help him sleep easier, one tooth, rolling everywhere, no crawling and still can't sit up 100% on his own without overbalancing and flinging himself backwards. Has put a nice hole in my thumb with his tooth though.

I'm meh, working for 3 weeks, surgery then some other stuff happening, about all to report.

Love to all the mums and bubs, gratz on all the milestones, all the laughs and all the joy and kims new bubalug in the making and condolences to losses, lack of sleep and sanity & hardships people and bubs are facing.

Celtic

Hey all!

Not much happening here.

I am so over work. Really don't know why I bother sometimes. I just stare at the photo of my little boy and can't wait until I get home to him. Then the crappy bus is so late that by the time I get home he is ready to go to bed.

DH is realising that being a SAHD isn't as easy as he thought. He thought he'd have time to play on the computer, watch TV, do him stuff etc. Instead when he isn't attending to L he is cleaning, making up bottles, or catching up on his sleep. Hey, being a SAHM is hard work!

Oh, we've been offered a couple of days at a daycare centre in the City, near where I work. Just don't know if we should take it up. We aren't really ready to put him in care yet as DH is still at home, it is really expensive ($75/day!) and in the city so means I would be taking L on the bus with me. Holding out for a place in the suburbs, but can't be guaranteed of anything. What to do????

Happy 7months to all the bubs.

so who took there babies to the bonds baby search???

not me.

i doubt many mums read the terms and conditions but i can't think of much worse than queuing for hours with a young baby, having to fly said young baby to sydney for a shoot, having their face all over bonds for a $250 wardrobe. total exploitation.

i don't even want james doing paid modelling work. i know that many mums think it's just fun, but it's awfully draining for big people, let alone little people who need to have naps when they need them etc.

even that magazine competition had the proviso that you subscribe for a year to enter.

it's almost as if they prey on the vanity of mums because every mum is so proud of their bub.

i strongly discourage anyone from doing anything like that, which involves massive exposure for a baby for no fee, and having to trudge round the countryside with a little fella who doesn't really understand what's going on.

my 2c.

Morning everyone!

I took K to the Dr's yesterday after a really bad night and he said K has gastro. He caught it off his little friend . He has been chucking heaps and his nose is still blocked. I got him some Demazin (has to be via prescription now ) which has helped him breathe a little better. He seems happier today and I haven't seen him chuck yet so hopefully he is almost over it.

Our unsettled night may also have had another reason, AF arrived the next day . My first in 16 months! So I am officially fertile again *uses fingers to make the sign of the cross at DH*. I was loving not having AF! Oh well, I suppose it had to happen sometime.

Viv - Thinking of you today at the funeral. I really feel for your friend's family.

Misskate - I couldn't be bothered queuing up with that many mums and babies! K would find it all overwhelming anyway. Did you do enter Lachlan?

Saffi - Sorry you're feeling a bit down at work. I'm sure your DH will appreciate you all the more now that he knows what it's like to be with L 24/7! I hope you get into a CC place that you want soon.

Celtic - Nice to hear from you! I'm glad Ryan is going well. Did you have a nice trip away?

Mo - Sorry to hear Maddi is so sick. Is she any better today?

Julia - I took K to the chiro because he was being unsettled originally. I'd taken Joel when he was a bub with life-changing results. If you do take Max to one, try and find a paediatric one. It may be worth a shot. K doesn't do a lot of moving around either, he still only rolls one way and can't sit up at all.

Alz - Glad you're all starting to feel better. It's awful to be so sick.

Nic - Wow, it sounds like you are going to do heaps to your new house! I hope you get it all done in time!! (Though knowing you that won't be an issue, it'll probably all be finished by this weekend LOL!).

Becky - How did your new Mother's group go?

Anyway, better go dry my hair! Have a great day everyone

Trish thinking we may goto the Dr's as-well, just to get some Demazin.( so annoying)
    Tried baby balsam, panadol, nose spray, vaporizer with liquid vicks to help her breathe easier.
    Helped a little last night, still waking because she can't breathe easily.

Viv thinking of you today.
    Last edited by Khaleesi; May 16th, 2008 at 11:17 AM.

i'm at home, guys. the only other person who could mind jj has not recovered enough from her own recent caesar to impose myself on her (even though i'm sure she would have done it anyway)

i considered taking him to the funeral but he's so full of energy and wriggly that i think it would be a mistake, and distracting for the punters (or i'd end up outside for the whole thing).

dh was all suited up (and i stuffed his pockets full of tissues), so he'll be going for us.

if MIL thinks she's getting any more emails or pictures out of me (so she doesn't have to come round) then she's got another thing coming. she is officially off my list.

*hurrumph*

Viv - Sorry you can't go, can't blame you for being mad at your MIL, most would drop anything to babysit! Still thinking of you and your DH, I hope he holds up OK.

Mo - A Dr's trip may be the way to go. Get some Demazin or Dimetapp while you can. They don't manufacture the baby drops any more so when stocks run out that's it, so frustrating!

Awww Viv, I can't believe she wouldn't rearrange her dentist appointment for you both.
    Also still thinking of you, just because you can't go doesn't make it any less harder for you.

Trish it's so silly, Now i have to drag M out to the Dr's wait for how ever long, then drag her to the pharmacy.

yeah trish. me amber and terri took our three. the line was good. we were in photographed and on our way to our picnic lunch in an hour. was good. all three bubs were very well behaved.

we got there at a good time though. we were about a third down the line. by the time we got photographed the line was MASSIVE.

my sister entered her baby in a few years ago. he was about 1.5yrs and he got down to the finallist but in the photoshoot was saying 'no more lights' so she pulled him and went home cos he was over it. so just a bit of fun anyway

Aww, how would they have been able to choose between your three bubs?! They are all so beautiful! How is Terri going? We haven't seen her in here for ages, I've been thinking of her, tell her I said 'hi'!

Well said on the bonds thing viv. I agree 100%. I know alot of people that were going though.
    MIL's suck. Mines here. surprise visit. yay. a whole week or more. no return flight booked. p1ssed off.
    Top teeth coming through, plus a cold, cranky baby, cranky mum, ran out of water this am, the cake i cooked sank b/c MIL opened oven door. i'm having a craker.

Sick babies suck hey Mo?

Glad book got to right place Willow.

M has an ear infection, Dr thinks it's because of her cold, So M is on antibiotics to help kick the ear infection
    Apparently it's pretty nasty as-well.

Ange i feel for ya.

Viv - sucks that you couldn't go. Hope DH is holding up OK.

Ange - MILs *sigh* mine is queen of unexpected visits. Good news - she lives 2 mins away so never stays for a week. Bad news - she lives 2 mins away.

Mo - hope M is on the mend real quick. Poor little thing, can't be much fun.

Trish - hope K is feeling better soon too. You guys have had your fair share of illness!

Bonds thing - had no idea it was even on. Is it only in Vic so far? Not my kinda thang, pretty much for the reasons Viv mentioned. Although L would win for sure, you know, being so 'pretty' and all

Food - for those that make your own, what's your/bub's fav combo? Lacking inspiration already and we're only 2 weeks in. So far he's had, potato, sweet potato, pumpkin, zucchini, baby peas. Guess i could try some carrots. Anyone done brocoli yet? Bit scared of the wind factor, might wait a few weeks. For brekkie he just the Bellamy's baby porridge with some pureed apple mixed in.

For older bubs - when did you introduce meat? Think I'm going to wait a while yet.

Also - what do you give them for lunch? We'll probably start lunch next week.

OK, enough questions from me, I'll bugger off now!

what's funny, willow, is that james will only eat... banana... that's it. he's had a little bit in his cereal for the last two days. doesn't seem to be reacting, so i'm a little pleased that he's at least eating one 'real' food.

his gp gave us a referral to a baby dietician who may have ideas. i reckon jamo just wants to do what he wants... as usual.

we tried a little broccoli. his reaction was hilarious... he just felt the tiny bits then slimed them all back out. ha...

so... my monkey likes bananas. i would kill to be able to do your menu!

Willow, M has pretty much the same as L for brekkie.
    Fruit M has apple, banana, pear, She loves apple custard that we make.
    Veggies M has pretty much everything, Huge veggie fan here. Loves Broccoli esp when it's with pumpkin.
    M also likes avocado & banana together.
    We tried M on meat & it didn't go down well at all, so gonna wait longer for her.

Willow- Lu has everything, including meat chicken and fish. i guess she was on solids for 2 months before i gave her meat.

She doesn't like it at all if i mash it. She eats more if i give her chunks to pick up and eat. messy, but she eats a lot.

Other vegies she likes are corn, brocolli, parsnip, avocado, carrot, cauliflower.
    Fruit she likes are ripe pear, banana, mandarin (i put this in mesh bag) mango, stewed apple or pear.

I give her prunes everyday to keep things churning..... i mix it with plain yoghurt sometimes, or just straight up.

We still have porridge for breaky, starting to try quick oats. i add any fruit to the porridge, pear banana even prunes sometimes.

I have Annabel Karmels book on feeding your baby and toddler, has lots of ideas. My MCHN has a copy people borrow, she also said libraries often have it.

Viv- Like you say, he's his own dog, he'll get there. i tell you what lu LOVES and i sometimes give her if we are out and about...... the rafferty's puree's. they actually taste good, maybe J will like them, there is a banana based one.. a friends baby will not eat home cooked food, only eats from a jar, i think it is a consistency thing. I heard that too much banana causes constipation...... just a word of warning.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast