Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #26

sorry haven't been back so swamped with friends having babies and stuff!

Hope your all well and your bubs are good!

For whoever was asking about the teething necklace I just get them off an online store if you want the name just pm me! Still no tooth though its so close but just taking its time!

We have started swimming lessons and Myles loves it! Its the cutest thing!

Yeah we went to the bonds thing only cause Myles is going to be a star and mummy is never going to have to work again hahahahahahaa! Only kidding! we only went for a bit of fun and he didn't even smile anyway! Viv i agree with what your saying! As i said i wasn't going thinking the boy was going to winor even wanting him to win!! But my god you should have seen some of the stage mums! Took me back to dancing days!

Myles has been having some more solids and has even had some water out of a lil sippy (I hate that word is there another word for them?)cup thing, he isn't so much drinking as chewing the end!

Viv so sorry you didn't get to go to the funeral today.
    Mo hope your M gets better soon poor love!
    Trish poor K hope he gets better soon! I have had a feeling AF would be back for me to! Dam i like not having to worry about it!

Anyway better go bbl! xxx

Hi all

We've got childcare!!! Rang around the other places where we were on the list and one of my preferred places could offer us 3 days straight away and then guarantee 5 days when we need it when DH goes back to work. Going to put him in 2 days a week to start with. Very happy!

DH was considering taking L to the Bonds thing, but didn't end up going. Amber/Kate - I wish I'd known you were in the City as I would have popped over and said hi.

Agree with everything you said Viv. Am going to send L's photo into the Mother and Baby comp tho. Probably doesn't stand a chance but its a bit of fun. Think these child modelling agencies are a bit of a rip off. What it would cost me in taking a day off L probably wouldn't make anyway. Poo on your MIL.

Got L's professional photos back today. I am so happy with them. L would win any comp for sure based on how he looks in them!! LOL

Still no food here. Probably will look at starting up again next weekend.

Hope all the sick bubs get better and the sick mummies too!

becky Guest

Hey

Yep Im totally in your corner Viv! Cant think of anything worse than baby competition / photo crappy things. Agree with everything ya said! I think if Chels decides to take the modelling/acting path, whatever when she is older, go for it but I aint gonna force her into it when she's a bub!

Viv - That totally sux bout today! How did your hubby go?

Saffi - YAY on the childcare place! Must be a relief now!

Trish - Sux about AF! Oh and I didnt end up goign to mothers group this week. Poo. My sis dislocated her knee (has bad knees like Mum - done it all there lives) and had to be rushed to hossy. She isnt too bad now though. Next week hopefully we can get there though!

Have a good night everyone!

i wasnt up there all serious and pushy trying to make him smile for the camera or anything. i just popped him on the stage, got a couple of pics and walked away for a picnic.

if he wins, then cool, we will go to sydney for a photoshoot, i get tonnes of pro pics and then we come home. im not talking about putting him into an agency and forcing him to do anything. just a bit of fun and some memories and in fact, the picnic that we had after was better than any winning prize.

this post is on a happy note by the way, i dont think it looks like one. sometimes it hard to get the right tone when your typing.

apparently there wasn't a dry eye in the house at the funeral. i figured as much. not nice. dh is ok. the gf was too distraught to deliver her eulogy so the priest did it for her. that was when every single person in there lost it. poor girl. she has a big family, so i'm sure she will be well supported throughout the baby thing.

saffi - modelling agencies that charge a fee to join are out and out scams.

for any of you that are interested in pursuing it, here is some info:

1) never pay a joining or registration fee for an agency. this = scam, taking advantage of mums
    2) babies don't need professional photos to model, simply because they grow so fast that their pics would be out of date in one month. cute, good quality home snaps are enough, and you would submit a new one for each proposed job.
    3) be very aware of what is required for a job - shoot times, whether they want to see bot (which is SO not cool in my book), and the usage of the photos.
    4) don't do ANYTHING for free, EVER!

kate - that's why i said it's mostly a bit of fun for mums. i saw it on the news and there were so many cute kids out there, but you could also see the stress-cat mums taking it way too seriously. bleh.

jobs that involve mum & bub are much nicer because the bub is safe with mummy, in her arms etc, and won't get frightened as easily being alone on a set with bright lights, with strangers pulling at clothes etc.

Claire Guest

Hi all,

Emily is at swimming with DH and Harry is asleep - I have a few moments of blissful quiet! I rarely get any time to myself. I love breastfeeding but I'm looking forward to reaching the two year mark and weaning - I want to go on holiday with my girlfriend for a week without the kids! Yippee, Noosa here we come! Well at least it's something to look forward to...

Nic - Nah you're alright, I haven't taken offence! Harry is on solids but we are taking it slowly, one root veg a week. He's got an appointment at the allergy clinic at the RPA for June so once I've had him tested, we can see where we stand. I'm just sterring clear of salicylates and amines as they pass over through the breastmilk and are known to cause eczema.

Trish - Sorry to hear about AF! Bah! I seem to be gearing up to O every month but Harry's overnight feedin is keeping it at bay, needless to say we are being very careful as I don't want to get accidentally pregnant (again!).

becky Guest

Hey all

Viv - I cant even begin to imagine what your friend is feeling. I still get upset when I think about her situation. Life really sux sometimes!

Claire - Hmmmm, a holiday does sound nice.

When does everyone else gonna start (or have you) on finger fodd? Im talking just carrot, cheese etc. I cant remember when I did with Liam. My health nurse said in the next few weeks I can introduce the softer ones, even tho she has no teeth. Im scared tho! Worried about the whole biting off and choking thing! She has rusks but thats about all! Anyone else thought about it?

Hi Everyone,
    Don't have much time so I will just ask for your help today.

Ethan is driving me up the wall. Before he got gastro he was eating fairly well. Would eat my cooking mixed with jar food. Now he will only eat pureed apple from a jar. He is gagging at food he used to love. What do I do? Meal times have become very stressful in our house.
    HELP!!!!!!

We're back introducing solids. This time we tried pureed pears from a can. I don't know if it was the pears, the texture, the fact it is a week or so later since we last tried, or that we had him semi reclined and in the bath but he ate it. Did the gagging thing but it didn't come out!

Alz - got no advice for you but I have heard that sometimes they go off foods that they used to love.

Hope you're having a good weekend.

Hey all,

Trish-holiday was good, grandparents drove me a bit batty but you learn to smile, nod & ignore and just hand Ryan over and walk away hehe. Was 25/26 degrees and not a cloud in the sky, nights were a bit icy. Only thing that really stressed me was everyone demanding we go out each night = overtired child who would scream and everyone gives you the dirties he's used to going to bed at 5/6pm but if we were at home he wouldn't sleep till 9 but would only cry if we went out... just to stress me >.<. No it was pretty good though

Tried Ryan on a blended mix of egg yolk (2), a jar of sweet baby vegitables, rice cerial and 60ml formula in a blender, he ate the lot and wanted more the piggie and kept it all down he's eating so much food and is starting to want it instead of bottles we were almost onto water but has decided he wants juice still arg >.<. We have a baby toothbrush we "brush" our tooth each night (no paste or a tiny dot) to get him used to it he loves mauling it but the texture really boggles him

Anyways I'm up at 4 in the effin morning because he decided it was play time, then it was scream time, he's got a really runny nose again, all the kids at childcare are sick AGAIN so of course he is too, which means I will be soon as well. Anyway had some demizine, a bottle, and the evaporator refilled and he's just settled back to sleep so I'm going back to bed!

Loves to all, thank you for listening to me ramble myself tired!

Claire Guest

Celtic Moon - I'm with you, Harry has been up at the crack of dawn the past few mornings...........anyone elses bub doing this? I don't know what's going on.....too tired to think though I'm pretty sure Emily went through this too.

Alz - Try not to stress too much, I read somewhere that bubs can pick up on it....have you thought about finger food, like really soft steamed veg? Something to play with and experiment with and hopefully taste?

I did the pureed thing with Emily but I'm going straight to BLS this time around..

^^^ always had a lark over here. it would be freaky if he woke after 5.50 in the morning... sometimes 4, sometimes 5... but yanno, sleep is generally a *****fight over here so, no shock.

becky Guest

Claire - Whats BLS?? (Prob dumb question).

Celtic - Poor Ryan being sick again! Its so horrible. CHels still has her runny nose but fingers are still crossed that its still the sign of teeth! Still not one popped up here!! Do you give Ryan Demazin? I didnt think you should. Dont get me wrong, aint questioning you, I just wonder if its some baby medicine I havent heard of, cause if there is somethnng out there I actully can give my 2 when they are sick, Id love to know!!!!

Grrrrr not happy!! My parents arranged this morning for us to meet them at our local RSL just for afternoon tea and cake etc. So I get the kids all ready and loaded in the car etc only to be told when we all get there, that I am not allowed in because I have thongs on!!! WTF!!?? I know this is a usual rule in RSL's, but for starters, theses were sandal type things with diamonte butterflies attacthed, NOT THONGS! So instead of just warning me, they refuse us entry!!! I was so mad!! Its not like we were drunk, axe weilding psycho's!! Grrrr!! So we ended up coming back to my place. Will not be going there again, AND I think I might write a complaint letter too! I dont go to all the effort of getting 2 babies ready, loaded in and out of the car, just to be told by some crapper that my $60 sandals are thongs!!! Grrrrr.

sorry, vent over, how is everyone else's weekend? Im not doing much. DH should be home soon so we might just have a relaxing arvo - both kids in bed ATM,
    Have fun all!!

Yep it's the baby one it is for colds and allergies . They keep it behind the counter you have to ask for it, and they talk you through it like you're n idiot. It says you can give it every 6 hours but I only give it if Ryan wakes up during the night to help him sleep, he's had it once last night because he just wouldnt sleep & when he had a really bad cold 2 1/2 months ago 4 times (once at night before bed) works pretty well it helps them to get the sleep they need and clear them up a bit
    Last edited by LadyRaven; May 18th, 2008 at 04:18 PM. Reason: spelling

Hey ladies...back from an exhausting day at the expo.

Did 4 hours on the Nurture Nappies stand and walked away with 4 free BumGs...gotta be happy with that! I didn't know it was possible to talk 4 hours non stop about a nappy, but I did it easily! LOL.

Gotta say though, was disappointed with the rest of the expo. Apart from NN, the other nappy stands were a disappointment and apart from Baba Slings (I think?) not a baby wearing stand in sight! Was hoping to look at a few carriers for my hefty lad. If not for the free nappies, would have been a waste of a day for me - not to mention the exploding booswas from being away from DS for so long, didn't get a chance to express till I got home and then expressed 250mls off the rock boobs AND then fed him! That boy is a milk monster...

BB tomorrow for personals.

becky Guest

Oh cool CEltic! Will have to go and ask about it. Thnx!

Claire Guest

Becky - BLS means baby led solids, basically skiping the puree's and straight onto finger food (though obviously very soft to begin with).

Willow - 4 BumG's sounds like a great payment. I was going to do a few hours on the Homebirth Australia stand but Harry is coughing loads so cancelled.

becky Guest

Oh wow Claire - tell me more! When do you start that? Have you already? And what are you going to start her with? Solid foods that she could choke on scare me!

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast