Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #26

Willow WTG on the nappies

M's still sick but slowly getting better.

Hope everyone else is well

Hi everyone

We are sick here (Mo know how you feel with M) Poor Maxxy boy is so blocked up and snuffly and coughing....awful. We found some good medicine though...not sure if anyone else has heard of it..(I hadn't) Paedemin? Good stuff....dry's up the nose so well. I think it's help Max deal with this full blown cold much better....and now that he's passed it on to me, that should help him too!

The wedding was good on the weekend. Mum was here with Max, he downed a bottle of formula while I was out and slept through the night. I was exploding the next day. I couldn't even sleep properly coz my chest was so heavy!

Anyone elses bub starting to get more talkative lately? Max is going nuts..I think he likes the sound of his own voice!

After the trip to CHN last week and she gave us some tips on how to get him stronger in the arms while on the tum, he's a new boy! He's pushing up with his arms and isn't whinging as much. So happy!

Anyway, it's 7:10am M back in bed, so I'm going to make a cup of tea and go back to bed myself...sweet! DH is away for a week and a half overseas for work, so I can do this without feeling guilty!

Take care everyone

Hey everyone!

We've had a dodgy morning here, hopefully the day will get better! K slept until 7:50am which was great, but he was pretty grumpy and then refused to have a nap, ahhh! I ended up just getting him up and starting all over again. He is having a nap now though, so hopefully there will be no more shenanigans today!

We had a nice weekend, pretty uneventful. We went to a first birthday party on Saturday and it was the coldest day in 31 years! It also rained non-stop. Not the best day to throw a party! The couple who had the party never have luck with weather. It poured with rain and was freezing at their wedding (it was meant to be outdoors) and they held a new years eve party at the end of '07 and it was a 40+ degree night so it was stifling! I think they should stop now LOL!

Julia - Sorry to hear Max is sick too, it's so not nice. Bummer your DH is away. What tips did your CHN give you to get Max to push up with his arms? K can't do that yet. He hardly does anything! I'd love him to be able to move around more, I think he gets so bored and then whinges.

Mo - I hope you guys get better soon!

Willow - Awesome about free nappies! (Well kind of free, you did work for them ). I helped a friend out at the baby expo a couple of years ago, it was madness! She designs/sells soft leather baby shoes called Cheeky Little Soles (such a cute name), so we talked shoes all day. I scored some slippers and shoes from her though! I hope you find the right sling soon, have you stalked the threads about them?

Becky - What a PITA about the RSL! I can't believe they wouldn't let you in because of that! Don't they have better things to worry about? Oh well, their loss of $$$.

Claire - Let us know how the BLS goes, I might try some finger food with K soon.

Celtic - Glad you had a good time away. Sorry Ryan is sick again. I hope he wakes at a more reasonable time for you again!

Saffi - Yay for L eating pears! And yay for a CC place! Make sure you show us those professional photos of L.

Alz - I'm sure Ethan will go back to normal soon, he is still probably getting over feeling sick. I know after I've had gastro I've gone off the foods I ate just before I got it!

Viv - How is your DH after the funeral? It must have been tough on him.

Misskate - I don't think anyone thinks you're a pushy stage mum! It sounds like you had a great fun day with the girls.

Amber - I'm glad Myles likes swimming lessons! It's great for them to learn so young.

Kellie - Haven't heard from you for a while, how are you and Tahlia going?

Kim - You too, how are you feeling? How are the girls?

Have a great day everyone!

Trish love your new ticker pic
    Are you still going to the belly belly opening?

Juila sorry to hear Max is sick as-well

Thanks Mo! Yep, we plan on going still. Not sure what time yet, probably late morning. When were you planning on going?

Probably late morning as-well. It will take us 40mins to get there so maybe 11ish.

Trish - I've been around, just not had much to say! We are going well, we had Tahlia's baptism on Sunday, it went really well and she got very spoilt.
    Dont think I can make the BellyBelly centre open day on Sunday

Hi to everyone else - hope all the sick bubs and mums feel better soon!

Kellie - Glad the baptism went well! Bummer you can't come on Sunday .

Does anyone else still have baby brain? This morning I was drumming my fingers on the kitchen bench impatiently waiting for my imaginary toast to pop up. I had the marg and jam ready, just forgot one minor ingredient, the bread

Oh Trish you made me laugh! I do that sort of stuff all the time! So jealous you guys get to go to the opening! let us know how it goes!
    Kelli glad the baptism went well!
    Claire ursula love the new avatar!
    Willow nice job on the nappies! It must have been fun helping out!
    Julia hope max gets better soon!
    Saffi congrats on the childcare! Hows it going being back at work?

Still no teeth but i think ones is just about to break the skin! I am going to miss my lil gummy baby Myles has a bit of dermatitis which kinda sucks! So we have some cream for him! Its on his belly poor bubba!
    Off to yoga tomorrow cant relax as much as i used to now the lil man is getting around so quickly!

Have a good night everyone xxx

Claire Guest

Becky - Baby led solids is basically steamed, soft, hand-size pieces of veg (at the mo!), then fruit, meat, pasta..... I put them on Harry's highchair table and he helps himself - he mashes it himself and either sucks it off his fingers!

Trish - That made me laugh! I'm still awful, always forgetting things and writing notes to myself.

Question - Harry hasn't had a poo since last Monday! He normally goes twice a week. he doesn't seem in any pain or anything - do you think I should stop the solids and just breastfeed in 'flush' him out.......maybe it's an intolerance? I'm not sure what to do.......

Claire Guest

Amber - we've got the same dress on! Fashion faux pas!

becky Guest

Claire - Oh ok! How old is HArry again? I get so worried with thinking Chels will choke on things. She is 7 months today! Too young? Im a worrier I know but Im not 100% when I should be introducing those things.

becky Guest

Its ok Claire - I just noticed Harry is 7 months too! Cool. So he goes ok with the self feedingg? Havent had any choking incidents? I think I might have to try Chels!

Claire Guest

No choking, a little gagging perhaps. Because you're giving appropriate food and baby decides how much to keep in it's mouth, there's low risk of choking. The important thing to do if there is, is not to panic! A few pats on the back should be OK. Here's some links to get you started:

tribalbaby.org - a baby-led introduction to eating solids

kellymom.com :: How do we get started with solids?

becky Guest

Cool thnks Claire - gonna give it a try!

Hey all!

Amber - K has no teeth yet either! I hope you enjoy yoga today

Claire - When I upped K's solids to 3 meals a day he got really backed up. I ended up dropping the third meal for a while and I gave him water in a sippy cup which really helped things along. I know Ange chops up prunes to add to yoghurt etc., I have some on hand in case it happens again!

Becky - Happy 7 months to Chelsea for yesterday!

I've done another massive cook up of vegies for K today to freeze, it's so much quicker than making it every day and heaps cheaper than buying jarred stuff.

I've got a chicken roasting in my slow cooker ATM, I hope it turns out OK!

I had the dress first claire hahahaha! Myles hadnt gone for a couple of days and i was worried but he went and went a lot hahaha, but am thinking it might be the solids dont really know though?! We are trying to do BLS but dh and my mum keep telling me just to do it normally arrgghhh wish they would read the stuff i give them!

Becky tribal baby is a great website hope you enjoy it!

Trish Myles is cutting a tooth! He started this morning so will probably have it tomorrow im so sad!

BBL xo

becky Guest

Thanks Trish - cant believe how fast my little girl is growing up!

Claire - tht is a good website, gonna start it all tomorrow. I dont think I will completley give up helping her eat like I am now, but will def try giving her things to try on her own too!

Off to Mums group tomroow, seeing as I didnt get there last week. Looking forward to it! Then apparantly Im going kitten shoppong with my sis - LOL. Have a great night all

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast