Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #28

Ha ha, good thinking Becky! Yes, that's what it was, now tonight will go back to normal . See Ange, a perfectly good explanation

Willow
    - Glad you're starting to feel better. I had ABs when K was a lot younger and they made him pretty unsettled, but that was back in the days where certain types of food would upset him too. He'd probably cope heaps better now, especially because he is on solids. Good luck!

Thanks Trish...last thing I need now is an even more unsettled bub! I don't have much of a choice though, I'm just getting worse instead of better.

Trish & willow i hope u both feel better soon.
    That was me a week ago i was sick when dh was o/s and had such a rough time trying to care for the kids feeling the way i did. AB worked for me, unfortunatley Nixon got a cold and ear infection and now Tyron is a snot monster so still struggling along.
    actually i feel for the last month i have been a single parent. Its not dh fault, but besides the week he was o/s he has been spending all weekends and evenings after work at our new house doing stuff.
    he just rang me to tell me he is staying back to try and finish something, i was so deflated i actually mowed the front and back lawns today (thinking he wouldnt have time to do them) and wanted to surpirse him when he came home! If u saw the size of the backyard it was a mamoth effort im very proud of myself but my hands are so sore now!

Hi all

Pretty ordinary night here as well. L is getting his top 2 teeth through so I think that can explain it. Been off his food today too. I remember the pain after I had teeth extracted so it must be like that for the poor little things. No wonder they are grumpy.

Just come back from a First Aid for kids course. It was really good. Last first aid course I did was at school so it was good to get a refresher and learn all the baby/kid specific things. I know they are also in Sydney so PM me if you want their details. Viv - I will PM you as they are doing a course on the Coast in a couple of weeks.

Trish and Willow - hope you get better soon.
    Nic - just think how nice it will be when you move into your newe home and it is renovated to what you want.

Nothing else happening here. Hope you're all having a good weekend.

thanks for the PM. always helps to know what to do when they inevitably get themselves into strife...

Well aren't I an eejit...after geting the heads up from the GP about him teething, have been using teething relief, and well whaddayaknow he's had two normal sleeps today and has settled tonight without much fuss...could be coincidence, time will tell I guess. I think the coughing is half the problem, spoke too soon, just coughed and woke himself up...

Feeling a bit better myself tonight, bout time.

Saffi - I'd definitely be interested. We had an ambo come and do a first aid talk at our ABA meeting last week, was really good but not much time to get really in depth.

Hope we all have a good night. Off to see to the boy and have a hot choccie and some choc chip cookies...oink!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MO!!!

I hope you have a wonderful day and get very spoilt. You really deserve it

Willow - Hooray for the teething relief working, how'd you go last night?

Saffi - The first aid course sounds like a great idea. I keep saying I will do a course one of these days. I hope L's teeth pop through soon!

We had a better night last night, but K didn't want to go back to sleep this morning so DH was sweet enough to get him up and let me sleep in. It was soooo nice.

Have a great day everyone!

Thanks Amber, Trish & Ursula

Trish that was very sweet of Cam, M got up early & Phil was still sleeping so i let M wake him up.
    Nothing better than being attacked by a baby to wake you up.

Willow hope L feels better soon...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY again Mo! Hope you have a great day!!!!

Will try to get back later Myles is very clingy i think he may be getting more teeth! And its sooo cold my fingers hurt!

Have a good day girls!!!
    x

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MO!!!

Trish - last night not too bad, but not great either. If it's teeth, I just hope they pop quickly!!

Happy Birthday Mo! Hope you have a great day.

Not much happening with us, we are about to go out for breaky cause Tahlia just woke up, so I better go!

Well, I found out why we had such a bad night on Friday night and a pretty average one last night...we have our first tooth! I'm glad that it was just teething causing our wakeful night, hopefully now it's popped through he'll sleep better again (until the next one ).

Mo - I hope you've had a lovely day! Did you do anything special? Did you get some good pressies?

Willow - Sending some sleepy vibes to L tonight for you!

Amber - Have you found that Myles' teething necklace has worked? I wonder if I should try one?

Has anyone found that the Brauer Teething Relief works? I've only started K on it this evening, but I wondered if it actually makes any difference. He is dosed up on Panadol, Brauer and SM33 tonight!

Oooh, I get my new car tomorrow! I can't wait to see it! We had to clean my current car really thoroughly today because otherwise we have to pay a cleaning fee when DH returns it. The car's only clocked up 900 kms since I got it in December and only gone through about 2 tanks of fuel, so whoever buys it will be buying a practically brand new car! I don't drive much during the week, I tend to walk to the shops and kinder as much as possible, and we use DH's company car on the weekends because his work pay for fuel . Life is so boring at the moment, hooray for something to look forward to!

Trish Phil & i went had some dinner etc... MIL's babysat.
    I got one of those seat back massagers, new electric blanket, money & clothes.
    Had a fairly good day the bleeding is finally starting to slow thanks goodness.

Thanks Willow & Kellie.

Yay on the new car Trish & for K getting his 1st tooth

Sounds like teeth causing dramas all round.

Trish- it is always nice to have an explaination for the rough times! Nice work on the peg. Not sold on teething relief, but maybe she's not teething. Many people swear by it.

Mo- Glad you had a nice night out with Phil. Happy Birthday. Are you sitting on the massage chair and typing? Wish i was. The bleeding seems to last forever hey? Glad it is slowing down. Hope you're not feeling too exhausted.

Saffi- First aid course is a great idea, i'd like to do a kid orientated one....hmmmm might look around.

MCHN told me to only use teething gel as a last resort, she said it can numb the gag reflex..... anyone else heard this? i have been too nervous to use it!

Hi everyone

Just quickly breezing in to say happy birthday to MO....enjoy your massage chair thingy (I really want one!!)

Will write more tomorrow

Nighty Night

Morning all! (Do you guys get sick of my posts LOL!)

We had a much better night last night now that the tooth is through, but K still decided to wake at 6am and not go back to sleep . He played in bed next to me until I felt human enough to get up.

Mo - Glad you got to go out for dinner, sounds great! What great pressies too! Send that massager here please :P. I'm glad your body is on the road to recovery, I hope you start to feel better really soon .

Ange - I've never heard that about the teething gel . I used to use it on Joel all the time when he was teething with no probs and I've used SM33 myself for mouth ulsers and can't imagine how it could do that, but maybe it's different for babies? I'll definitely only use it for emergencies.

I did have a post all typed out, but the page decided not to load can't be bothered tryping it all out again!

Trish how could we ever get tired of your posting

Thanks Julia

Ange never heard that about teething gel, interesting tho.

Trish Yay for K and the ivory!

Max is still a toothless wonder....but he can CLAP!!!!
    Last edited by YoYo; June 16th, 2008 at 04:34 PM. Reason: I meant Clap...not wave!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast