Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #28

What's happened to Viv?

Boast away Trish, we dont mind.

Thanks Amber, Ange, Mo and Trish

Julie - love the av

Trish - hope Kierans great nights continue for you!

I think Tahlia is a bit better today, she hasnt coughed that much that she spews like she was yesterday. She keeps waking herself up during her day sleeps coughing though, the poor little thing. And now she has got a runny nose too, the poor little chicken.

ange - i got jack of the load speed and technical issues on this site. what can i say, i am a child of the modern (impatient) generation, AND i have never looked past 3 pages on google, and even THAT was a good day.

i have a question for y'all...

actually i have a couple... since i'm not giving up on BB just yet:

1) does your baby go to bed before or after the rest of the family has had dinner? (lately it seems the sound of us making dinner is waking the j-bird up after one sleep cycle)... hmmm

2) how in god's name do you change an 8 month old who will NOT keep still? i have tried with him lying down (impossible because he rolls onto all fours immediately), and i've tried with him standing up, which is more successful, though involves him leaning on me, and various tricky holds so i can grab nappies etc... what do you do??????

yuk... spoke too soon, just had another spew brought on by a coughing attack.

ninja - the bb tech issues seem to have resolved themselves I think.
    qu 1: we have dinner while she is still awake and she sits in the highchair with us at the table while we eat. Having said that though, we usually eat around 6.30 cause DH finishes work at 4.30

qu 2: I was having the exact same problem, so I bought from a baby store a strap for the change table which holds her still. Kind of like the straps they have on the change tables in shopping centre parents rooms, but its a lot softer on her skin.
    Last edited by ~kellie~; June 20th, 2008 at 05:49 PM.

Kellie - Oh no, poor Tahlia . I hope she starts to improve really soon.

Viv - I don't look past the first page on Google LOL. K goes to bed for the night after we've had dinner. We eat dinner fairly early 1. because of Joel 2. because I cook during K's late arvo nap. Don't know what to do about changing a nappy with an active bub, K isn't really into moving! Kellie's idea sounds like it's worth a go.

Mo - I'll let you know if I do end up going to Berwick. I've got your mobile number (I think!) so if it's a last minute thing I'll text you. Have you been to one of the markets before? They're so much fun! The staff know me well, I go so often!

Evening all,
    Just a quick hi as I need to go to bed.

Having a bad day here. Ethan has been good to his poor old mum but I still feel awful. Dh had a headache bug early this week and now I have it. On panadene which is making me feel a bit spacy so I will go to bed soon.

Question - how many bottles and how much are those who are bottle fed drinking? We were struggling to get Ethan to drink 400 mls a day. Now he is down to 3 bottles and drinking more since they are more spaced out. Drinks about 500-600mls a day. Is that ok? Not sure.

Anyway better head to bed.

Have a good night everyone.

Hi all!

Woohoo weekend is here! 2 whole days of relaxation and sleeping in! Who am I kidding? Just be working at home instead of the office.

Julia - love the av!
    Alz - L is on 4 - 5 bottles a day. The MCHN said that he should be down to 3 - 4. I think the calculation is 120mlsxkg in weight divided by the number of feeds a day. L is being really funny with his milk and solid feeds. Will drink all his bottles one day and then practically refuse them the next.
    Viv - we feed L and put him down for the evening before we have our own dinner. L's bedroom is next to the kitchen We struugle with L's nappy changes too. Can't wait until he can stand so I can use those nappy pants.

Not much else to say. Hope all the sick mums and bubs get better soon.

Have a good weekend all.

Hi everyone

We just went out to dinner and it was a nightmare...Max cried the whole time...poor sausage! Just wanted his sleeping bag and his bed! Oh well..home now thank goodness!

Viv - Max goes to bed and while I'm boobing him DH is in the kitchen making dinner. It's pretty noisy but by the time he's properly asleep all's quiet in the kitchens so we can eat in peace and Max can sleep in peace. What wakes him up is the creeky floor boards when we go to bed! grrr damn old houses!

Sorry can't help you with wriggly baby...I guess just have to try and distract him with something, and just keep at it. I"m not sure on those nappy pants...what happens when they do a number two...do you smear it down their legs?

Anyway, I'm buggered so am off to bed...nighty night!

which reminds me, Julia... that conversation about nappy leaks. the double naps had failed because ol' j-bird has got a thing for tummy sleeping now but i have found the solution.

we use one of his normal aldi nappies (large 7-16kg) and one of their nappy pants (a size up) over the top. the pants come right up above his belly button and are nice and snug over the nappy. so far.... two nights, no leaks!!

warning - don't use a nappy pant by itself... hmmm the 2am soaking and consequent TWO HOURS of not going back to sleep just sucked so hard.

i get DH to hold him in a standing position to get the nappy pants over the top. sometimes james will hold onto the shower box while i change him standing up. he doesn't want a bar of lying down. it's like he's saying he lay down for the first few months of his life and now he's had enough.

worth a try if you're still having tummy wet issues.

Ahhhh what a glorious Saturday morning.....DH has taken Max out to hang with the BOYS so I am alone in the house with my precious pooch and we are having a party! SO GOOD! Music is blaring and I had a MEGGA looooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggg shower! ahhhhhh!!

Viv - Will try that. M busted through his nappy again last night...poor kid gets totally satched! BTW I've never seen Aldi nappies here.....are they sold at coles / woolies?? I have Max in Toddler Huggies ATM seeing as he's hit the 10kg mark. Hoping they would be a bit higher, but they aren't...grrrr!

Anyway, I'm off to go and enjoy my alone time listening to my girl chick rock music!!

Mornin'! I finally went and got my hair cut today, something for ME for a change! DH has taken the boys for a walk, nice... K has cut his second tooth, but it's giving him grief, he woke up from his morning nap and his cheek was bright red and swollen and he is so unhappy . Poor little guy.

Julia - Enjoy your time to yourself, it sounds like fun! Aldi nappies are sold at Aldi, I don't think you have Aldi in WA yet?

Saffi - Enjoy your weekend off work!

alz - I hope you feel better soon.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

julia...i can ship you some from here if you want... just PM me

hi everyone
    had some sad news earlier, my BIL and his wife overseas just lost their baby, very sad, she was about 2 weeks off her due date. DH is a bit sad and keeps cuddling DD, I think he is realising how lucky we are.

Not much else news with us

Melb gals - Have you seen the thread about a melbourne meetup? (I know Trish has)

Oh kellie i am so sorry! Sending them lots of love in this awful time! We are very lucky arent we!

x

Kellie- That is so, so sad. I used to hear stories like that and would think it was sad, now i find it unimaginable. The poor parents.
    How is Tahlia today? The guni has a temp and is miserable.

Yah, the whole BB thing was more frustrating than usual for a while there. Does google have more than the first page? I figure if it doen't come up on the first page i havn't searched well enough.

Viv, I usually have dinner mostly ready before i put her down, then either he or i finish it when she's asleep. Usually DH will do the finishing touches while i put her down. They whole nappy changing thing is a nightmare here too. I mainly use the distraction method, but i have to be quick. Or if DH is home and she's really driving me nuts i get him to play peekaboo, gives my 60 seconds or so. Hmmmmm strap sounds alright Kellie, how long can i leave her there?

Julia- Dinner out isn't what is used to be is it? We went out last night out and took Lu, you just can't relax. They kicked us out at 10pm anyway b/c Lu was underage. She was asleep in her pram, not really causing any trouble! I needed to go to bed anyway. What music are you rocking to?????

Saffi- hope you're relaxing and not working!

How'd the haircut go Trish? i am in desperate need of a hairy.

Night sleeping going ok here now, but day sleeps have gone to pot. guess you can never have it all!

How are you Mo?

Kellie That is so sad, life can be so unfair.
    Yep saw the Melb meet-up, just might be hard as i don't drive.
    I'm learning so hopefully i can be driving by the end of the year

I'm good Ange, can't really complain, Well i can but i wont :P

Aw Kellie that is so sad...I have a very good friend that is 2 weeks off her due date and is back and forth to hospital with high BP. They want her to take some tablets to get it down....I say GET THE BABY OUT!! It's not like it wouldn't survive on the outside...what are these doctors thinking.

Thanks Amber, Ange, Mo and Julia

Ange - she is still the same, just had a massive coughing fit and then spewed everywhere again. If she is still doing a lot of poo, does that mean she isn't dehrydated?

Julia - I agree 100% - get the baby out!

Hope everyone else is having a good weekend

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast