Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #28

Trish - what am I? Chopped liver? LOL Just as well I have broad shoulders (thanks to shoulder pads LOL). Can only assume I am considered a regular. LOL
    Rebecca - howdy stranger! I have been wondering how you were going. Nice to hear that everything is going well with you and your little girl. L only likes the Rafferty's banana porridge. Maybe you could get someone to send a care package of Rafferty's stuff to you with things they don't have in C'Curry. Had to laugh when you said that she whined Mummmmmm. This won't be the last time that's for sure.
    Mo - that's tough about your Mum. It is always a hard decision to make, but in the end you have to make the decision that is right for everyone,including your family (DH and DD). Hopefully, she'll come to realise that it is in her best interests and she may have an even better quality of life with all those people around taking good care of her.
    Julia - WTG Relaxy Maxy. I have been singing the clapping song since day 1 and still no clapping here. BTW - my DH loves Relaxy Maxy as a nickname. Oh love the photos of him.
    Alz - thats great that E is coming 'round to home cooking. L is being difficult with any food - store bought or home cooked. The dogs end up getting most of it.
    Kellie - hope T gets better soon. Big congrats on the clapping too! Child proofing - we're still to do it. Have put covers on the power sockets and DH complains that he can't take them off (they are child proof)! Interesting thing, L knows what NO means. A few times he's headed for some cords and we've said no and he's stopped. Strange because it is not a word we've said all that often to him so far.
    Amber - Croup! Poor M! KWYM about the sleeping thing. Still not sleeping thru here either.

Question - do your babies recognise their names? Since L has started daycare he seems to recognise when we call out his name and turn towards us.

Think I've covered the personals (hope I haven't forgotten anyone). Ok - now to us...
    Nothing much happening here. No sleeping thru, no talking, barely eating. But he is crawling heaps so that's something. Love my little boy SOOOOOOOOOO much!

Anyway, that's it from me. L turns 8 months on Friday..........

Aww Saffi so you feel my pain with the sleeping! I keep hoping and praying that tonight will be the night he wakes up once or maybe twice? Myles knows his name for sure! Such a show off now! Are you going to come to the brissy meetup on the 11th july? It in the meet up section?

Kelli I am trying to get him to sleep in his bed now, and trying to get him to stay asleep! Not really a routine as such just trying to be fiem but kind iykwim

Aww Saffi, you know I love ya . You are still posting fairly regularly so I didn't put your name in, but I still think of you! K definitely knows his name too. Well done on your personals, you did a great job

Amber - Good luck with the new routine thing! I hope Myles gives you a great night tonight. Did you tell us earlier he had croup? The poor little man .

Mo - It's so hard isn't it? You really are doing the right thing with your mum . Once she gets into the swing of things in the new home she'll be just fine. I know Kim has left the thread, but I just thought I'd say "hi" in case she pops in from time to time

Kellie - I didn't do any child proofing for Joel apart from putting dangerous things up high. He learned very early what "no" meant and he never got into anything he wasn't meant to. Will I be so lucky with K...

M's sleeping has gone off track as-well, 11-12pm bed time now or we have one 1hr sleep during the day and a 9pm bed time *sigh*

I figure it will be alot better for her, but she doesn't see it that way she's 62 this year & feels like she's too young.
    She has a room on the 1st floor so she gets a lovely view, each room has a flat screen t.v & bathroom. They have a hairdresser that comes weekly, daily activities, fortnightly visits to a Cafe or Shopping centre, Garden beds etc..So it's a really nice place.
    She will have to share a room but hoping she'll make some friends because of that. So that's a good thing. She has a habit of hiding in her room & never going out.
    I feel better for getting it all out.
    Thank-you for reading

Yay Saffi for L crawling every-where, M only says Mumma & Bubba.
    M knows her name, but only comes half the time when you call her lol

Mo - FIL was exactly the same age when he went into permanent care last year, he took it really hard at first, but he has accepted it now. He has his own routine and he catches up with lots of old friends regularly. It really was the best decision for everyone. Big hugs to you , I know you must be feeling so horrible about it right now, it's never a nice decision to make. This time next year she will be all settled in and happy. Please feel free to talk about it any time, we're all here for you .

Trish - okay, you're forgiven
    Amber - didn't know about the meetup but now that I'm back at work fulltime don't get to many meet ups Kate FB'ed me about the Expo. I'm going on Saturday afternoon too so I may see you and Terri there. Oh, say hi to her for me.
    Actually last night was the first time I've got up to L in a long while. It has got to the point that I can sleep thru his wakeups. I say to DH in the morning L slept thru and DH'll tell me he'd been up to L x times. Don't know how we'll go when DH goes back to work in two weeks time.

Saffi – Am arranging for my mum to send a few things out every now and again. She likes that C is such a good eater considering her mum was such a pain in the bum to feed. And I am sure I will hear the “Muuuuuuuum” a few more times! She has moved on a little now – “mum mum mum mum mum” and now the whiny bit is “daaaaaaaad” he he he he
    Caitlyn recognises her name. she also recognises her nickname – “chunky lady”. Now I never say my little girl is big – she just has a reserve tank.
    Kelly – We are definitely looking at proofing our home. Its so small that there isn’t really anywhere that we can hide things. First on the agenda is a new unit to put our TV and VCR and DVD in. As it is it is basically just on a stand and when/if C ever starts crawling she will be able to get in amongst the cord. As it is DH is already ticked that she managed to pull the memory card out of the playstation right in the middle of a “very important” part of the game. He he he (I taught her well!!)
    Mo – I have to say that I REALLY want to live where your mum is going to live!! What a fantastic sounding place!! I am sure in time she will grow to love it.
    Alz & Trish – I hear you on the DH being away such long hours. DH works from 630 until whatever time he finishes 6 and sometimes 7 days a week. 2 weeks ago he was on call and I think he got to see Caitlyn awake for a max of 3 hours. He is so disappointed that he is missing seeing her grow up. And it is a struggle to do everything on your own – I thank god for my slow cooker!!! Now I am back at work 33 hours a week it is really hitting me. I am just glad that C is sleeping a little longer through the night and not up every 3 hours like she used to be.
    Trish – We got a Holden Crewman. It’s a nice enough car – not as nice as the Fairmont that we had but it serves us better. Now at least I can get the dog to the vet and we can take him places that we haven’t been able to take him since we had C.
    I have to say still no teeth here. Not even a sign. My mum told me that I didn’t start until really late (12 mo) so maybe C is going to be a late bloomer. At least then she will be able to give me an idea about what is sore.
    We are having fairly good nights here now. The only thing that is concerning me is that C gets such cold hands at night. Can't put mittens on her at night cause then she can't get her dummy to her mouth. A friend is giving me a heater today so I will be putting that in her room and hope that it helps get her hands a little warm. She is only rolling from back to belly and hasn't quite figured out how to get back the other way but I am sure she is working on it. Bu after sleeping on her belly for a few hours she wakes and gets distressed. then I roll her over and I think that frightens her a little so she is awake for a good 45-1hr with me trying to settle. She will only drink a full bottle if she holds it - does anyone else find that??
    Anyway - had better head off and do some other posting. Have a good day all!! MWAH

Happy 9 Months to the Monkey
    Gosh 3 more months till her 1st b'day!

Thanks for all the support ladies as usual much appreciated

Maddi has a new best friend, The baby in the window lol.
    Everytime she sees "the other" baby she waves & talks to her so cute.

hi everyone
    Saffi - not sure if Tahlia recognises her name.. I think she does, but if I call her and there is something more interesting to look at, she ignores me

Amber - how did you go with the new sleep routine?

I think we've decided to get some of the Dream Baby mag locks, cause you cant see them from the outside of the cupboards.

Happy 9 months to Maddi! Tahlia also loves her friend in the mirror. She has a hand mirror that she stares into while I change her nappy... it keeps her still (Sometimes)

Hi everyone

Just a quick one.....Max got his tooth....YAYYYYYY!! Now he is sleeping it off! So tough isn't it!

Happy 9 months to Maddi....I can't believe they will be 1 in a minute!!!

Will BBL
    Last edited by YoYo; June 25th, 2008 at 12:10 PM. Reason: Spelling

Happy 9 months to Maddi!! Isn't time flying so fast?! I can't believe that my family are already planning their trip out here in October for C's first birthday!
    Anyway - nothing to report - just bored at work and thought I would drop in for a quick look-see and hello!
    Julia-Congrats on the tooth!! We are still waiting on ours but it will come when it comes I guess.
    Mo and Kellie- Caitlyn seems to love her friend in the mirror but only when that baby has come straight out of the bath. Otherwise she is not overy impressed with her.
    Thats it from me! Have a great day - MWAH

hello lovely ladies

well its been a long time but ithought it would be nice to say a quick hello i just read through a couple of pages so i sorta got to catch up....
    we are doing really well over here... lachlan started rolling at about 7mnths, crawling about 2 weeks later(so last weekish) and popped a tooth through one night last week as well. i think the 2nd one may be com ing!! he has also worked out how to sit up from laying down which is cute.
    bath times are fun times, i fill the bah with a couple of inches of water and he just plays.
    i am very excited about seeing the bris girls at the bub expo. will be nice to see the bubs i havent seen for a while!(and the ones i do see regularly hehe)
    amber- remind me of the brisbane meetup, ill be there for sure, who is going?
    will check in in the next few days
    love to you and all of your families

Yay Maxy for your first toothiepeg!
    Saffi we are meeting on a friday in the city i know a couple of girls are coming on their lunch breaks? Maybe you could swing by? Definately catch up saturday do you stil have my number? So is L goign into daycare in 2 weeks full time?
    Kate did you find the thread about the catch up? i included you in my group So your coming lol!
    Mo i really hope your mum settles in ok! Congrats on your gorgeous M being 9 months the countdown is on for their first bdays!!!!!!
    Kellie last night was abit of a struggle but we will get there slowly but surely
    Rebecca we have put a heater in Ms room cause it gets so cold and i am sure thats why he is waking up so much!

Well it took about an hour last night to get M to sleep in his cot but tonight it only took half an hour without any tears too! So i am feeling really positive that we will get him sorted soon! Not much else happening today just went to yoga and relaxed a little which was nice! Especially after the killer walk terri and Mateo took us on yesterday

hi to everyone else! Willow, Ange, Viv, Becky where are you gals? xx

becky Guest

Hey everyone. Im here, not a lot to say though.
    Chels is having a hard time ATM. Was up most of last night crying and had a really bad day too. I can see that its her teeth cause its so close but just not popping, and the amount of dribble is ridiculous. Poor little sweety. I have been keeping her up with Panadol and have just started her on that Brauer's teething relief. Has anyone tried it??

Anyway, too tired tonight to read too much so hope everyone is well, talk soon

Becky I feel your pain!

Max was up every 10 mins last night, lucky DH is away coz I brought Max back to bed with me. At least that way I got someone to snuggle up to!

becky Guest

Oh thankfully today is much better, and she popped her tooth!!
    So that was definately the problem. I mostly have my happy little girl back now!

We were run over by the gastro bus. Knocked me for 6, but feelign a million bucks again now.

Mo- You've done the right thing love. You looked after your mum as long as you could, but she needs more care now. She'll love her new plasma, and you can visit all the time. Hope you're not beating yourself up about the decision. Can;t believe Maddi is 9 months!

I have had a shocker today. Lu keeps trying to let go of whatever she is holding and stand on her own but the balance isn't quite up to the brain. I went to have a shower and DH was watching her. He turned his back for 2 seconds and she fell and cracked her head on the lino. I heard the crack from the other end of the house. I ran out and DH gave her to me, she went all still and limp and quiet for a few seconds which scared me, then she started vomitting. At this point i kinda freaked out! Took her to Dr, fortunately all is ok, but scared the crap out of me.
    I had already taken her to the Dr yesterday about her ongoing intermittent temp. Got a urine sample and turns out she has a bladder infection. So now on AB's and hopefully back to normal, the poor little thing has been through the ringer lately. I need to get a helmet i think. Talk about mumma guilt. It's running high over here.

Hi everyone, i am frazzled, sorry for me,me,me post. :P

Ange, you are having a rough trot atm! That would have been so scary when Lu started vomitting. K rolled off our bathroom bench the other night just before his bath, it's a horrible feeling waiting to see if they are OK or not (luckily he was). I hope you all feel better soon!

Becky - Hooray to Chelsea for popping a tooth! It's great when they go back to normal afterwards.

Julia - Congrats on the tooth! Hopefully Max will sleep a bit better for you now.

Amber - WTG on getting Myles to sleep in his cot! You are doing a fantastic job, well done!!!

misskate - Nice to see you in here! I'm glad Lachlan is going so well

Rebecca - It's scary to think their first birthdays are coming up so fast! What do you have planned for Caitlyn's big day so far?

Kellie - How's Tahlia today? So cute her friend in the mirror! K loves to look at himself too, I put him on his tummy after a bath and he checks himself out in our big mirror.

Mo - Happy belated 9 months to Maddi! Where did the time go???

K had his 8 month check up today and all is well. He seems to have eczema though, so I'll have to keep an eye on it. I can't believe I'm coming down with ANOTHER cold! I just got over one and have been well for less than a week . Do you reckon b'feeding is to blame??? Maybe all the good stuff I'd normally get is going straight to K instead...

I was all geared up to take some photos and put some new stuff on my website today, then I discovered DH had taken the camera to work , so annoying! I've been getting some great stuff lately, it's so exciting!

Anyway, hope you all have a great night

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast