Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #3

Just got back from the health centre and tahlia has put on 125g since Sunday, so I think she is doing ok. Only 20 grams off her birth weight in 1 week! The nurse also said not to worry about waking her overnight for feeds, as long as we do during the day, so that makes me feel better cause I was getting very stressed and teary overnite trying to wake her

Have just uploaded pics in my gallery! Took me a while but its done!phew!

Kellie thats great Tahlia has put on that much since sunday!
    x

Just a quick hello! DH had an RDO today, so I left Kaylee with him and went to the Dr for my 6-week check = all good... no excuses now, have to get my butt moving and walking. He recommended I just increase my pace/distance with walking and build up the intensity. Then came home via BigW grabbed a couple of tops and pants to exercise in and made the mistake of going into the baby clothes section - so hard to resist, managed to only get a couple of things!

We have received our baby bonus and birth certificate no worries !

Gotta run, off to finally get everything waxed off again...

Can't think of anything else to say anyways.

how carp is queensland? there is a 12 week waiting time to receive the certificate. they give you a receipt to show for the baby bonus, which we lodged last week... not sure how long that will take to come through.

CatherineL Guest

Viv, It slipped my mind before - I was going to mention Dr. Louis Fenelon... He is really good! He doesn't bulk bill, but he is really thorough and his Australian and can understand what his saying...

Nickers-yes I got him on Medicare which is good because I went to the dr and the lady smirked saying they couldnt bulk bill me for him I'd have to pay full and I said I already got him on my medicare! I need his birth certificate for Daddy, he's a NZer and doesn't have medicare and they want a copy of Ryan's cert that says he is the father, our mortgage agreement and his employment and all these other details to prove that he is planning on sticking around and not buggering off back to NZ anytime soon.

I have two questions was wondering if anyone wanted to share lol

1. when did you/are you plannin on DTD? Are you meant to wait a certain time?

2. my antibiotics finish tomorrow, how long will the stuff stay in my boobyjuice for?

Got a cot today it's soo much easier than the travel cot dont have to bend down to pick him up lil chubchub has put on weight was starting to hurt my back reaching down!

We will DTD as soon as im ready...and like last time.. thats as soon as bleeding stops!! Just take it slow...if you had stitches could be a little tender so be careful.

Not sure on the antibiotics tho.

It keeps almost stopping then it starts up again, but now its just period sort of stuff before was bright red blood blood from stitches. You can bleed for upto 6 weeks can't you? I was just curious not really interested in any time too soon but thought you were meant to wait a certain timeframe or the like they expect you should wait? I dunno sleep deprivate..blah

becky Guest

Hey
    NT - We would love to have another one (or two) but not in the next few years. When DS starts school I think we might start trying again. I really dont think I could handle 3 at home!! Im getting Implanon put in next week. And how long do you think it will take for us Queenslanders to get the baby bonus? I know with DS it took just under 3 weeks, but dont know if they have become a bit slacker this time?
    Kim - Do you plan on starting to try in 12 months, or want it to be born in 12 months?
    Catherine - Chels is the same, will sleep through anything!
    Celtic - Same, we will DTD when I stop bleeding. I had a second degree tear too, but I feel no pain down there what so ever, so will just wait til then.
    2 more questions....

Has everyone else got their baby bonus' yet?

Is anyone still bleeding heavily? I have no pain down there whatsoever, but am still bleeding quite heavily. I thought it should be easing up by now. Feel fine though.

Becky i think it will be *wait 12 months*...altho.........LOL...we said last time we would wait...2 weeks after Chelsea was born it was a different story!! But def wait a little while

Celtic ive not ever been told if theres a time frame for waiting to DTD....my GP has always said when i feel comfortable then do it. At my 6 week check up my GP actully asked if id DTD since having Chelsea....just to give them a guide whether things are back to normal or if theres problems that need to be addressed. Of course that does not mean you *have* to have sex before then IYKWIM?

No baby bonus here yet.

Bleeding getting lighter but dont seem to wanna bugger off! I know last time it was all gone by 10 days post birth....then came back a week or so later heavy for another 5-7 days....but im taking a guess that was AF returning....only cos thats when i fell pg with Jasmine.

We got the babybonus within 3 days of calling the Family Assistance people and have our tax A & B payments already going into our account. We put $1000 onto bills to keep things ahead and payed, especially rates, have $1500 aside for car rego's next year and a $1000 emergency fund and the rest is in our account to pay for nappies and all that, and when I get his birth certificate will be putting $200 into an account for Ryan. My dad wanted us to get a plasma tv for when he visits but we need an antenna first!! lol and nothing wrong with our big old tellies.

I got sleep last night yay!! I handed Ryan over to Daddy after cooking, cleaning, feeding and all he did was sit at the computer playing World of Warcraft and didn't help me when I burnt myself and said "here he's yours, you've got the next feed I'm going to bed!" and went to bed and slammed the door, got a sleep from 11pmish till 5:30 UNBROKEN!! Awww bliss..

Amelia Guest

Baby Bonus - I lodged mine the Tuesday after Rhys was born and they told me between 10 and 21 working days it can take for it to come through. But still haven't recieved it!!

Question about FTB payments: I know you recieve them fortnightly but I lodged for that the same day I did the baby bonus so when should I expect to see my first payment.It has been 2 weeks since I lodged tuesday just gone.

Recieved our new medicare cards yesterday with Rhys on them....They look funny with 3 names on them!! Lol....

I have been waking up in the middle of the night thinking that Rhys is in bed with us and DH has rolled on top of him or something like that and I frantically search the bed....But he isn't even in bed with us, he is in his cradle right next to me!! Anyone else doing this or am I the only one?? Must be my mind playing tricks on me and telling me not to have him in bed with DH and I.

I can't believe Rhys is 3 weeks old already. Where has the time gone, I am saying this now, wait until he is a year old!! Haha....

Re: More kiddies - I am ready for more already!! Lol....I want 4 and DH only wants 2 but if we fall pregnant with twins next time round we will definately have to have 4 cause we don't want odd numbers!! We are still so young that we thought even if we have 4 that we can have 2 now 2 years apart in age and once they are in school have more that way it isn't so hard on me!! Can you tell DH thought of that....How considerate of him!!

I wanna DTD now....But still have really light bleeding....Only using panty liners now which is good cause I hate pads.

Quote Originally Posted by CatherineL View Post
    Viv, It slipped my mind before - I was going to mention Dr. Louis Fenelon... He is really good! He doesn't bulk bill, but he is really thorough and his Australian and can understand what his saying...
    my old dr didn't bulk bill either, so no drama there. where is this dude? i've never had a male doctor. don't know how i feel about them looking up my ladeez bits.

Quote Originally Posted by CelticMoon View Post

1. when did you/are you plannin on DTD? Are you meant to wait a certain time?
    The hospital midwife suggested we try it at 5 weeks so that i can tell the doctor at the 6-week checkup if any contents have moved during shipping etc. the bleeding has waned to pale brown so it could be sooner... *waggles eyebrows*

Quote Originally Posted by becky View Post
    Im getting Implanon put in next week. And how long do you think it will take for us Queenslanders to get the baby bonus?
    i know it's your choice, becky, but implanon is as close to the devil as i can fathom. i put on weight, had nasty acne, cried all the time, had spotting all the time and was generally an unhappy camper. had it taken out after 3 months. my doctor said she removed all of the ones she put in long before the expiry was due.

as for baby bonus... they reckon 2-3 weeks but i guess we'll just see...

good morning everyone
    Tahlia did her 1st massive spew last night... it went everywhere, all over my pants, top, the chair I was sitting on... it didn't even worry her! It worries me more, cause now I worry she isn't getting enough milk!

Booked into a breast feeding day stay clinic tomorrow so hopefully can learn lots and pick up more tips

Hope everyone is well

We got our baby bonus pretty quickly not sure when exactly but within 3 weeks!
    Still no birth certificate! Maybe i can get some sort of letter or something from them cause i need to claim my holiday!haha!

Sex maybe soon Im feeling pretty good, bleeding has stopped, stitches have healed just waiting in the all clear next week from the ob! I know DH is hanging for it lol!

Amelia dont worry about the dreams! I had them every night thinking he was in the bed or DH had squashed him! And sweating so bad but its all gone now! Now im just dreaming of polticians OMG!!!

Hi everyone hope your getting some sleep! x

CatherineL Guest

Vivienne, he is at Westfield... in the actual shopping centre. I had a female Dr before him - but he doesn't make me feel akward. Some people don't like paying for Drs... especially here on the Gold Coast where so many of them bulk bill - back home, the Dr didn't bulk bill... All the other Drs at his clinic bulk bill except for him. JIC, the practice name is Helensvale Family Healh Care Centre. They bare weigh aswell.

ETA - This is random, but on the topic of DTD... Is anyone else having erotic dreams? I mean DTD couldn't be the furtherst thing from my mind... but I keep dreaming about it!

When I sleep I'm out for the count! No dreams except when Ryan cries then I dream he's fallen out of bed or I've left the door open and the cats are on him or something that jolts me awake, even though I NEVER forget to shut the wiredoor lol, guess it's the way my body makes sure I wake up properly to go feed him

I logged the Family Assistance stuff on the 26th I think, I got baby bonus about 4-5days later and first payment on the 5th, got Ryan's medicare card today too, no birth certificate though think I'll ring them today and ask how long it takes if I knew it took this long I'd have express posted it and payed the extra $7!!!

So annoyed at bleeding it's like a teaspoon every pad change WHATS THE POINT?? lol Least when you get your periods its heavy for 7 days then stops, this is just annoying...

Antibiotics finish today yay!!

thanks catherine. i'll see if i can muster up the guts to see a male doctor. (silly i know). maybe there are female ones at the practice?

celticmoon - i'm down to the dregs of yellowy blood now too. boring... wish it would just go away already.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast