Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #3

i can definitely put my hand up for the sweating thing. i wake up with the back of my head drenched.

i remember blaming the plastic beds at hospital too. i figured it was just getting hot here in queensland. maybe not.

just add it to the list of parts of me leaking stuff... *drains boob onto towel*

sigh.

james is having a little tantie in his rocker - one of those, god knows why tantrums.

awesome.

Yay we got our birth certificate today!!!! Now to track down that holiday!

Sweating at night! I was a ball of sweat everynight even with the aircon on 18degrees! Its stopped now along with the dreams of Myles being rolled on! The sweating was so gross i felt like I had just jumped in a pool! eww! At least now I know I am not the only one! x

becky Guest

Trish - Do you do it while he is wide awake? Or do you get him semi tired first. I find Chels is a great sleeper - if and when she is tired, but if she is not rired, she just wont sleep!

Becky - I do it when he is wide awake, but showing signs he is getting tired (cranky, jerky movements, etc...). Your little one sound like she likes her wake time!

What a lot of chatter to catch up on.

Had a [email protected]#$ of a night with L, up at 2am, again at 4 and again at 6! I think I know where we stuffed up. L slept from about 8.30pm and didn't have a feed since around then. I was comatose on the lounge from about 9.30, DH went to bed around 11 and I went to bed around 11.30. So poor L didn't have a feed since 8! I will need to make sure one of us does a late evening feed. Can't say that will stop the overnight feed but might stop being every 2 hours which is a bit much (I think!).

Trish - will give that settling technique a try. Go the dummy!!! I went back to swaddling this morning and he did seem more settled. Its cooler up here atm but when it is so hot it seems cruel to wrap them up even if in muslin.

We lodged the medicare forms at the office and she enrolled L into medicare, did the safety net registration, and got us all on the one card, as well as paying a claim all in the one visit. Still needed to phone the call centre about the baby bonus and the family tax stuff, but it sped up the process I thought.

With all the talk of DTD got me thinking about contraception. Was on the pill for 11 years before we started trying (so been off pill and all other types of contraception for over 3 years). There is no way I'm going back on the pill. I suspect some of my prob's in conceiving was because of the pill! Don't think DH would be keen on condoms. Might look into getting an IUD. What are the rest of you thinking?? Did use a billings type method to help me get pregnant but don't trust that it will stop me from falling pg.

The hospital referred me for an at home MCHN visit. When I hadn't heard from them I rang and got in to the clinic on Monday this week. The service rang yesterday (a week after discharge) to set up a home visit. Suppose I was a little impatient, but you are told to get in contact with them asap - which I did!

Happy cause I fit into some prepregnancy pants today. Lost about 7 kilos so far. If only it was that easy normally.

Smelly nappy to change!

hey ladies,

im on the sweat band wagon as well... hard core sweating in the middle of the night... its gross!

Trish i hate waking for feeds...but if i dont Jasmine only gets 4..maybe 5 feeds in a day if im lucky. She feeds well then goes back to sleep. Today was forst day i really started wakign for feeds however.

My MCHN came and Jas has put on 330grams in 2 weeks!! Woohoo bubba!
    She also has sticky eye atm so thats not so nice

Oh...and the other thing....she has this red mark on her head and it was annoying me...turns out its a stock mark....kinda cute :P

I have a LC appointment next week so i can switch to fully BF.
    Last edited by visitor1; November 8th, 2007 at 08:14 PM.

Kim - you must be pleased with Jas' weight gain. That must be some good stuff you are feeding her LOL. L also has a sticky eye atm too. Looks gross but is not contagious and will go away by itself (so Baby Love says).

Im very pleased..my boobie milk and formula muist be doing the trick!!

Sticky eye sucks. Nurse said to use water or a bit of breast milk...so i use both...clean eye first then milk. Can take up to 2 weeks to go. Chelsea had it and it went with in 3-4 days with a salt water mix (125ml cool boiled water with half teaspoon salt).

Myles had a yucky eye too! We just used cooled boiled water! It went away!

Well my lil man slept from 6:30pm to 11:30pm had a feed went down again at 12:30 then didint wake up till 4:30! woohoo! I hope this is the start of a routine!

Kim thats a great weight gain for Jas! You must be pleased!

Hi mummas and bubbas!x

Jas feed at 930...went to sleep at midnight woke at 3am...then woke at 7am but went back to sleep and just woke now!

She just hasnt worked out day and night yet....

Think the strategy worked. Fed L at app 12pm just before we went to bed and he slept right through to about 5am. Did a short feed and then he went back to sleep until 6ish. Did a bigger feed at about 6.30 and that knocked him out and he has been asleep since.

Annoyed at DH though. I had decanted about 30mls of the EBM into yesterday's supply so that I wouldn't waste any when I did the feed last night as I knew bubs wouldn't take 70mls. DH decides to top up the bottle back to what it was! I knew L would only take about 40mls and we had to throw away the rest. Am annoyed as yesterday had a lot of trouble getting more than a few squirts of milk so he has wasted half a feed! You can't tell these men!

Any tips on building up my supply? I thought the more you feed and express the more milk you get.

Think I'll go back to swaddling. He seems a lot more settled and doesn't wake up with a start so often. Have adapted your settling techniques Trish. He didn't like being put on his side, but the swaddling, dummy and patting on the tummy did the trick!

how bizzare so many of us are sweating at night... i wonder why that is?!

great weight gaining jasmine and Kieran! so should i call the MCHN AGAIN and find out WTF is going on? Tyron will be one month old in 5 days. it [email protected]#ts me because had someone come in the first week of being home they could have offered more help witht he bf, but sadly ive almost given up. im only trying him once to twice a day now as appose to every feed. Expressing is getting harder to find the time so once much pump hire is gone i think i will dwindle it down.

Kim- Nixon has a stork mark on the back of his neck! i had NFI what it was when he was born, but apparently its pretty common and funilt enough DH has one still on the back of his neck! havent noticed anything on Ty though.

so i went to be at 8pm. DH fed Tyron at 9pm, he woke at 2am for a feed but afterwards fell asleep with him on my chest till 4am, put him to bed, he woke at 6am, brought him in to feed and fell asleep on me again until 7.30am.

Nic- Qu re SS:
    If its half mum half bub.....wats the price limit? Im so blonde

Glad L went down well for you Saffi.

Tried to DTD lastnight....still to tender...so try again in a few days..

I had the sweats last night too... man it wasnt even hot!!

Nic id be calling the MCHN...1 month on and still not seen one is stupid. I see mine again next week, so id have seen 5 people in 3 weeks. If ya was still in Melbourne you'd have seen one by now

Nic/Kim - sure you know all about it, but read up on Stork Marks. Baby Love says "they are caused by collections of tiny blood vessels, highly visible under babies fine skin. Stork Marks fade slowly, taking up to a year to finally disappear and are always mush more visible when baby cries." Seems that the nape of the neck is a common place for them. I know a baby who has one on the bridge of her nose. Hopefully it will fade.

Might go have some breakfast.

Thanks for that info...

Jasmines is on top of her head at the front. Chelsea has a patch across her neck...looks a little like a rash but her hair (well her tiny bit of hair...thats getting curls..woohoo) covers it!

well speak of the devil i just had a ph call and the health nurse is coming today at 1-1.30pm!

i THINK Nixon's stork mark is very lightly still there but its the back of his neck and his hair now covers it. funy cause DH still has his but its more of a birth mark, and his hair covers a lot of it too.

Do the health nurses do qld? I havent seen one! I had to book myself in to go see the child health clinic is that the same thing?

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast