Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #30

Congrats Kim - wonderful news!

Nerida and Rebecca - Yes, did get accepted into one but still wanted to look at more just to compare and have been visiting at different times through the day. Have found another one I feel comfortable with - they are all Grandmas and were the first to actually take an interest in M rather than just talk to me. Want to look at 2 more tomorrow and then will make final decision. Feeling bit better about it all but.

Truly can't remember what anyone else said even though did read through - Sorry!!! My brain is always fried after a day of work!

Here's hoping for sweet dreams for us all.

horse teeth.

that's all i've got to say.

all this sleep BS has buggar all to do with the bottom #4 tooth and everything to do with these enormous horse teeth which are hiding behind the front surface of top gum looking like a couple of big M&Ms under the skin.

those moving must kill - no wonder the kid is crying. poor little darlin'...

that is all.

Tay has her 5th tooth Have been keeping our eyes on the top two that she is cutting and when she was laughing I spotted one down that bottom that has come through. Surprise Mum. She has also gone from rocking on all fours, to crawling on her tummy and pushing her legs. But then she will crawl on all fours backwards ... talk about doing things the back to front way. Mia commando crawled first and then crawled properly! I guess it just goes to show that they are all different!

Congrats Kim on another baby girl ... just think how much love you will get from 3 girls as they grow up!

Hope anyone else that is in Melbourne isnt freezing as much as me! BRRRRRRRR

Back....

Kim Congrats on your lil girl...will you keep trying till you get your prince!? What an awful experience too.....yuck. How nice of your DH and the girls to do that for you

Following on - Viv I would do the same again re the breastfeeding. I know at one point I was ready to chuck it all in, but am glad I stuck it out. Having said that when does anyone who still is BFing plan to stop? I think I wanna start weaning him off by the time we go to the UK in November...or maybe after....dunno

Sorry I can't remember who asked - Egg Yolk...I give Max whole egg...the other morning he had scrambled egg with bacon...same as us for breakfast. He has anything/everything!

Amber - how funny Myles on the loo. My cousin sent me a pic the other day of her lil man on the potty - I had to ask her if she was doing it for real coz I thought it would be a bit early for it......but she said she just sits him on it to get him used to it and if he happens to do anything in there, they get all excited. I hadn't even thought about it! Although I should....M's number 2's are like peanut butter....TMI....gross.

Max has been a bit of a crack up the last couple of days...now he has his new 'i can get off my tummy move' he's not been whinging as much....I have to be in his sight though. His day sleeps have been absolute rubbish....30 mins at the most these last few days, which is a big difference from last week. I'm looking forward to some consistency..wonder if/when that will ever happen!

I had to drop the cot down today too coz the kid's been trying to pull himself up....he doesn't do it very well, but he's trying. He wants to be on his feet ALL the time! Oh and we got 2nd top tooth today too....Like you say Viv...the M&M....they are massive!

Can't remember who asked - but Yes...I have considered going back to childcare....not sure how/when but I really did love it. For the time being I think I'll just focus my love of children on my own son!

Sorry everyone I am hopeless at remembering everything everyone writes but hope everyone is getting better / sleeping better / teething easily etc. etc.

for those who have popped the top ones... how long from when you can see the bulge under the gum surface to actually breaking through?

Hey all, not much exciting happening in my world! We're slowly getting over our colds. K has been pretty grumpy the last two days, not sure if it's teeth or not.

Viv - K hasn't popped a top one yet and I can't remember how long it took with Joel, sorry I'm no help!

Julia
    - That's great Max is heaps happier now he is moving. K is the same, it's so much nicer! He's also letting me leave a room now! I think he's so distracted with stuff he really doesn't care any more. K is also trying to pull himself up, but he only pulls his top half up LOL. He makes this cute cackle sound when he's doing it, he thinks he's so clever!

Karen - Yay for tooth #5! And well done to Taygan for moving around .

Star - I hope you find a DC place you are happy with really soon!

Mo - How did Maddi sleep last night? Hopefully there was no 3am wake up! Is she in her own cot now? How cold has it been in Melbourne??? I sooo can't wait for some warmer weather!

Kellie - It's so annoying how they always have long naps when you need to go out! K does it to me all the time . I HATE having to wake him up. It is so tempting to leave him in bed while I go pick up Joel from kinder LOL (the kinder is on our street). I would NEVER do it, but I have to admit the idea has gone through my head!

Willow - Yay for the great tax return! DH is getting a huge one this year, but as usual it goes straight on the mortgage, how boring!!! I want to go on a spending spree too! We will also get extra FTB too, woohoo!

Rebecca - What a pain there are no other day care centres to choose from! We use a Nuby cup too, K loves it. It does make him snuffle as he drinks though LOL!

Saffi - Hope you had a better night with L last night.

Kim - Congrats again

Amber - How clever of Myles to use the toilet! It's great if you can get them used to the idea early.

Nic - How are you and the boys going at the moment? Did I read on FB that you lost your purse?

Have a great day everyone!

Viv I reckon a couple of weeks (that was the big bulge). Then for the first M got this lil blister thing, and the second it went all gross and see through then the skin was opened up. Between the first and second it was only a few days inbetween for us....thank goodness! OH and I forgot to say happy 10 months to JJ for the other day!

Trish - even though max still isn't moving forward it's amazing the difference in him. I too can leave the room and he's less whingy pants...yay!

Kid slept well overnight....one wake up and soaked through so had to change all his clothes, but other than that it was 7pm till 6:46am....so nice to have the bed to myself!
    Last edited by YoYo; August 22nd, 2008 at 10:13 AM. Reason: forgot something

Trish no it was a 1am til 3am wake-up *sigh*. Wouldn't be so bad if i wasn't so exhausted already.

Viv it took M about 2 weeks for them both to pop through or was it 3 weeks.

Karen - Yay for tooth #5.

Afternoon all!!
    Well happy happy happy. We went and saw the Dr today - and the little dimple thingy is nothing to worry about. Its something I have to keep an eye on when she is a little older but for now just make sure it doesnt get bigger or full of gunk. When she is older it may become what he called a pilondial (?sp) cyst and then she may have to have it removed. Basically, when the skin grows/forms in utero where her little dimple is, is the last place that it grows/seals off. And it is basically that it didnt finish its job. There is no opening or wound or anything like that.
    Suffice to say I am WAAAAY relieved cause I was seriuosly freaking out (bl00dy google!). However, keeping an eye on it when she is older will become her responsibility. Somehow I cannot see my 12 year old daughter bending over for me to check out her butt crack!!!
    Anyway - just had to share my relief. Sorry no personals - am sure I will do another massive post in a day or two and catch up!
    Hope you are all having a great day!
    MWAH

glad to hear the bot mystery is solved.

james has smallish dimples there too - but then.. TMI so does his dad!

Viv - I concur, took about 2-3 weeks for those top suckers to come through. We still cannot get over the size of them. They are quite literally twice the size of his sisters teeth

Rebecca - glad to hear the dimple turned out OK.

Question - how much awake time can your bub handle these days? Have noticed on occaision that L can do 4 hours pretty easily these days. He's ready for a sleep by the end, but isn't exactly beside himself. Hard to believe that in a few months they'll proably start doing one big sleep a day. Bring it on I say!

Willow - Mateo does one big lunch-time sleep of 2-3 hours so can stay up between 4-6 hours at a time now.

Mo - I hope you get some rest soon so the little teeny bubba can grow big and strong!

Rebecca - so glad all is well with C's little bot bot.

Viv - Same - 2 to 3 weeks and top ones caused a lot of grief for him. Even got vomiting and diorreah for three days with them. To answer previous question - would BF again for sure. Had no problems and love it still. How about you? How are you feeling about it these days?

Having a great time with Teo at the moment - his top teeth have finally cut and is back to sleeping through at night and his chirpy self in the day. Weather is so warm and spending lots of time outside. Lovely! :-)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TRISH!
    Hope you have a lovely day and get pampered and spoiled! x

Willl bbl for more, am too tired to type anything else!

Have a good day everyone! xxx

Yes happy birthday Trish... and for your birthday.. it's a new thread

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718