Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #30

Viv - Panadol is the difference between a [email protected] night and a slightly less than [email protected] night. I'm glad you started using it. Yay for another tooth! At least now you are starting to see a pattern and will know when to crack open the Panadol next time. I'm terrible, the first sign of a bad night and out it comes!

Amber - Poor Myles, I hope he feels better soon. I think bubs get quite rashy in winter due to dry skin, hopefully that's all it is. Maybe try lather him with some moisturiser after his bath and see if that helps?

Mo - Woohoo on the great scan results!!!! That's so exciting!!!!!

Why do my posts always end with a cranky Kieran???

i can't believe the relief i feel. i thought i had a devil child on my hands. i should know better than to question my intuition (and the obvious signs).

here's another dumb nurse classic: "the red cheeks are also just because it's that time of year". um ok.

i shall refer to her as TDN (that dumb nurse) from now on.

pssht. time of year. gimme a break. he's an indoor kid! blah. *grumble*

Viv Myles has had red cheeks for a few days now, i spose its his teeth? So glad JJ is better with the panandol. I was so apprehensive with giving him it too but i figured the teeth pain would be more upsetting than panadol, and it is a life saver! Has your nurse ever had kids? I have stopped seeing ours cause of the stupid things she would tell me? I spose they are trying right?
    Trish the doc said its probably due to the cold? i hate seeing him sick!

BBL he is destroying things again xx

"the red cheeks are also just because it's that time of year".
    Is she for real???

she tried to tell me how to deal with jj because she evidently had a 10lb+ kid herself.

she was all, 'give him cereal at 4m to make him sleep at night'... um. no.

i did everything the opposite of what she said because james didn't want it. as it happens he didn't sleep any better or worse and didn't start real food until 7 months.

trish - how do you run a business AND 2 kids. i just can't believe it's humanly possible. all i do is scarper after this commando and make sure he doesn't brain himself or amputate fingers in a drawer. today was a 2pm shower day for me.
    Last edited by ninja_turtle; July 31st, 2008 at 05:20 PM.

Oh Viv, I forgot to say...my sister's DD was not interested in pureed food, rice cereal etc. and I told her how you had the same prob so you gave James finger food instead, well she finally tried her DD on finger food this week and she loved it! This is huge because her DS (nearly 3) is a TERRIBLE eater, always has been, so she is rapt her DD is showing an interest in food.

I learn so much from you guys!

I'm back!

Full on day. After the crawler's class loaded L in the car and headed down the Coast. He slept about 30mins or so on the way down and about the same on the way back. So in total all day he slept for just over an hour. Telling you, he got really booggedy towards the end. (I'm borrowing that word Viv - hope you don't mind).

Trish - L is a finger food bub. Tho in the last few days he is back to accepting porridge and pureed pumpkin but always make sure he has a chunk of meat in one hand to suck on. Oh, happy 9 months to Kieran. Also had a look at your website. I thought it looked good - but then I am total ludite and only tolerate technology.
    Kellie - happy 9 months to Tahlia. L doesn't know how to sit down from standing either. Where I would sometimes leave L to call out when I put him down for a nap, I now have to go in as he's likely to be at the end of the cot waiting. Its so cute to see that little face peering through the bars.
    Mo- great news on the scan. Are you going to find out bub's sex?
    Amber - Shope Myles gets better soon.

So are red cheeks a sign of teething? L got red cheeks today. Hope he's not teething again, so soon......

Better go and get bottles made up for the morning, shirts ironed and generally ready for the day. A mummy's work is never done...

becky Guest

Hey all

Just a quick one from me, had a quick scan of posts and it sounds like everyone is mostly ok apart from some teething bubs...

For those of you with 'finger food' bubs, what do you give them for lunches? Im thining Chels is heading in that direction too. She has been sick lately and since then is not interested in spoon feeding.... Just wondering what sort of variety of things you give your bubs.

Oh and just wanted to ask Amber - hows things with the lump you found? Have you found out any more? Been thinking about ya!

Hey becky! thanks for asking about my lump lol! I had booked in to have a scan but the day before it had gone, so i gues it was just a blocked milk duct! Myles has whatever i am having for lunch but he loves pasta with our homemade sauce! He will have a avo sanger occaisonally! Hope your bubs are good we must get together soon!

Happy 10 months to my lil snotty monkey! i cannot believe that in 2 months he will be 1!!!

Well my mum is here to watch the green goblin now so i can have a sleep! bbl xxxx

amber... where'd you get that little walker thing that myles is pushing in your sig?

we're in the market for one because the boogedy bear just pushes his highchair round and into stuff... mucho damage...

viv we got it from the baby expo, but i think you can get it from the bubs baby shop? I wanted an old one but couldnt find one so i got this one! Dh says its for agirl cause it has pinks and purples lol! I will see if i can see a name on it somewhere! x

Viv- i clearly remember having the same thoughts about intuition a few weeks back. I thought i had created a monster who would never sleep again. Turned out to be teeth.
    I think you should give TDN the ar$e, she sounds like a know it all pain in the butt. Red cheeks b/c of the time of year?? WTF? So glad my nurse is great. She is how all MCHN should be, non judgemental, helpful, supportive of your parenting choices whatever they may be.
    Online wooden toy stores sell trolleys. I got a plain timber one, really sturdy and doesn't tip up, it's great. By far the best investment for the Guni thus far. She'll go up and down the hall for hours.

Mo- Great news about scan and levels etc. How's ya mum?

Saffi- I have also adopted Viv's word a bit too- Boogedy is a great word (beats pain in the ar$e anyhoo!) Infact Lu was boogedy all arvo, she sleft an hour and a half so not sure what her problem was.

Amber- How's the little man fairing? no measles yet?

Julia- you really lucked out with the teething spew. That doesn't sound like much fun at all!

Trish- It seems everytime i get on here, the guni ends up standing next to me, pulling at my top for attention. They know!

Havn't been to QLD yet, fly up on the 16th. Will be in Brissy on the 16th/17th and head up to Mooloolaba on the 18th until the 30th. Would love to have a cuppa if anyone is free. I'm guessing weekends are no good, family time and all that. But either Sunday or Monday morning would be good for me. Anyone keen?

*waves hand enthusiastically* Me me Ange!!!! lol! whatever day is god for you i will be available! So where are you staying? you have my mobile number so we can organise it! Myles cant wait to meet the gorgeous Guni!!!! No measles yet thank god! I was probaly just panicking! Cause he has never been so sick before! Slowly getting better though! Hows the shingles and the pg going?

x

Ange - do you know where you're staying yet? I'm able to meet up on Sunday anywhere, anytime or Monday morning if you are in the City (I can take a longggggg lunch break).

L's got a bit of a temp. They've dosed him up on Panadol at childcare and he seems to be better now. Poor thing's a bit snotty at the moment. Since he's been at daycare he has had a cold practically the whole time

Nothing much else happening.

Have a good weekend ya'll

Booo to me...You guys all get to see eachother and I just get to hang out west...boring!!

So...I had a bit of a 'bad mother breakdown' this morning. Felt a bit over it and worried that I was stumping Max's growth or something which is why he's not moving. Like nothing I do can motivate him etc. etc. Felt rubbish, but I'm over it now! I have come to realise that Max's motto in his life (as short as it is) is already 'Meh'...or 'whatever' I can hear him telling me to 'take a chill pill' in the future! I am clearly a control freak!

Mo Glad to hear things are going well...
    Saffi I reckon teeth are coming for you....never ending cold....their immunity drops a bit while teething (so the doc told me) so maybe that is why he's not shaking it....OR it could just be childcare! Max had this when he got his two bottom teeth, including temp. I thought he was teething again the other day (with spew and temp) but nothing has come. I'm guessing tops take a bit longer to bust through the skin! His sleeping is all over the place, so it's a big guessing game!
    Amber Glad to hear the lump was just a blocked duct....would have been scary!
    Trish How is Keiran moving these days. I still can't get Max to bend his knees without seriously complaining! I checked out your website...you are a bit special aren't ya!
    Ange I want to get Max a wooden trolley, but I know he will just look at me and say 'what do you want me to do with THAT!?' Glad the spewing is over....it was gross!

Happy 9 and 10 months to all the bubbas out there!

So, who will be organising a doozy of a 1st birthday party and who is just having something small and casual. A friend of mine is having a pirate theme party...which started out small and now she is excited and going nuts! I'm not sure if I'm going to bother too much for Max as we are going over to England in November so will get to catch up with my cousin who also has an Octobub (the 19th) and we are going to have another joint birthday party for our boys! So excited about going away....but also a bit scared!

Anyway, I'm off to bed.

Hope everyone has a great weekend

Aww Julia, Hope your feeling better! i am sure Max will crawl soon! I wish Perth wasn't so far away i would come visit for sure! Let me know how you go in the UK! We are thinking of maybe going next Christmas, so i want to see how you go with having Max with you! We are having a party for Myles in a park with relatives and friends, so it probably will be big cause i have a huge family! Any excuse for a party!

Saffi hope L gets better soon! We have just had the week from hell with Myles being sick! He is getting better now though!

Well i am off to lunch with some girlfriends without Myles! It will be the first time i have seen them alone since he came along! I am really excited but feel kinda guilty for being excited to be alone iykwim!

Hi everyone! Have a smashing weekend! xx

Morning everyone!

Hooray for the weekend! I love having DH home! Next weekend he is taking the caravan away for the weekend with our BIL, Joel's going too and his cousin, I'm sure they'll have a great time (although I'm sure it will be freezing!).

K is such a bottomless pit, there is nothing he won't eat! It's so handy, I put him in his highchair with something to eat and I can get heaps of stuff done! He usually grizzles if I try hang out washing or clean something, but my new secret weapon is food LOL.

Oh, and his new cute trick is he waves his arms in the air while he is sitting up. It's so adorable, he'll do it for ages and make me laugh.

Julia - K isn't moving much more. He can roll around everywhere, but generally doesn't want to. He loves to sit up and play with toys, he'll do that for ages. I've been getting him on his knees everyday, but now he knows my new trick he fights it and goes completely stiff. The chiro suggested holding him up so he squats and then bend him over so he is on his hands and knees, this worked great the first few goes, but now he's too smart! I came to the conclusion recently that he just doesn't wanna crawl. I'm not going to push it too much, just keep trying to encourage him gently. I think if K was my first baby I would be stressed about his lack of movement too, but because Joel did everything really quickly it makes it easier to deal with a slower bub. Max & K will get there! I bet it happens at the same time. I had a mum tell me her DD didn't crawl until 12 months and then walked really soon after .

Saffi - Poor L, I hope he gets better soon. Daycare is annoying like that with all those germs. Joel constantly has a cold now he's in kinder.

Ange - A trip to QLD sounds nice, I'd love to escape Melbourne at the moment!

Amber - Happy 10 months to Myles for yesterday! He will be one before you know it!! I'm glad that lump has gone, that must be a relief. I hope you got a nice rest when your mum came over yesterday. Have a great girls day out today!

Becky - I give K vegemite on wholemeal toast and cut it into three sticks for lunch some days. He loves to eat it by himself. He also loves rice cakes.

I hope you all have a great weekend!

Havn't booked hotel, but liking the medina exec. Can't beat a full buffet breakfast! Particulalry as DH will be well hungo ver after the bucks.

Julia- Think we'll have a BBQ type thing with a few friends, nothing too massive, more of an excuse to get together really. Not like she'll remember! I've been to a few with animal farms, jumping castles, clowns, private theatre shows, the works! But i think we'll just have a casual thing here. When Max is running around, you're going to look back and laugh at yourself for ever worrying about him. But mumma stress and worry is unfortunately just a part of our lives now.

Trish- we have a bit of a bottomless pit here too. I sometimes worry she eats too much. Her belly is massive after dinner. i often wonder how she sits and stands up!

Off to Chinese Dr for some acupuncture, hope it works on the nausea!

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast