Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #30

Willow i think the plain Jalna tastes like rubbish, but Lu scoffs it down. But i checked out the vanilla and as far as flavour yoghurt goes it is pretty good. I made some salmon patties and frooze them. Other finger food ideas..... The guni goes crazy for pasta, risotto balls, vegie patties chicken balls (annabel Karmel- i thin kit is in the baby food recipe thread on here) she is not that interested in plain vegies anymore either. All the other stuff i mentioned freezes well too.

Rebecca- Lu's nappy rash is never on her bum, it is always around her vagina. I think teething and rash go a bit hand in hand. Ours comes and goes alot. Another other thing to consider is that it might be a reaction to the nappies she is wearing or a soap you are using? There are alot of chemicals etc in most nappies. might be worth trying a liner or another type of nappy....... dunno, just a thought.

Hi DS.

thanks Ange and Dianne! Will try and get some Canestan cream tomorrow (can you normally only get it at a pharmacy - knowing my luck it wont even be at the pharmacy here!!) but think I might just take her to the Dr anyway for a look see. We are using sposie nappies and I thought it might be the nappy so I changed brands and tried Snugglers. On day 2 of snugglers nappies a patch of ezcema appeared on her belly right on the line where the top of the nappy sits. So of course any cream I put on is beng wiped away almost instantly!! Thinking it best that I swap back to Huggies - the change in nappies hasnt done anything in 3 days - no worse - no better. she is happy enough though - doesnt seem to bother her. Giving her lots and lots of nappy free time but that is when her hands go to it and she has a little scratch so it is obviuosly itchy. Will try some oatmeal in her bath tonight too!! somethings gotta work right??
    Ange- I am DYING to get my hands on a copy of one of Annabel karmels books - have read they are the best. Will have a look at that thread again - dont remember seeing that recipe!!
    Have a great afternoon all!! MWAH

Hi all

I'm sooooooo tired! For the last few nights L has been up every couple of hours. To make it worse I decided to watch that JLo movie last night so went to bed later than usual and of course L then wakes up.

Going to try that Jalna yoghurt. Bought some of the Vaalia baby stuff but L didn't rate it at all and the face he made was priceless.

Willow - we're not having much luck with mash or solids either. Tho today we had a BBQ lunch and I gave him a bit of steak and he loved it. Just sucked the juices out of it (sorry to any vegos out there). Got some steak and sweet potato left over so that will be dinner.
    Ange - I wish L would eat half the stuff you give Lu. I really want to cook interesting things for him. Last night I made homemade rusks, L loved them and they are so much cheaper than the store bought ones. Going to make some next time with vegemite.
    Dianne - welcome back
    Viv - gonna get me one of those sleeved things. Tho, kayak style would just mean the dogs get the food quicker. They are loving L's leftovers.

Other news - L is pulling himself upon things. Nothing on the coffee table will be safe again.
    Oh! Spoke to my boss and he's agreed to me going part time. Daycare have agreed to the days I propose and we just have to wait for the days to become available.

Hey, to everyone else. Think I might have a lie down.

Hi everyone - it's been ages!!!
    straight to the point - does anyone know of an acupuncturist for babys??? I know the last thing you'd like to do is stick needles in a baby, but I get spontaneous bleeds in my ears where my (now dead) accupunturist used to give me treatments, and DS is getting them too! One in the same spot as me and two I've never had before. DS is really clicky, knees, back, shoulders - not hips TF failing that a chiro in melb?

Hi Amy! I don't know of an acupuncturist, but I see a great chiro in Ringwood, he also has a practice in Ivanhoe. I'm not sure if either of those locations suit you, but if they do, PM me and I'll give you the details.

Saffi - Yay on going part time!!!!

rebecca - when j was a little baby, any kind of wipes gave him fierce nappy rash. we ended up using warm water and soft cloths (no drama ever since). that said, he does have occasional redness which i associate with teething. do you use a commercial wipe?

saffi - man, i hear ya on the up all night jag. 5-6 times a night for the last 3 nights and i am going out of my tree. he's usually rubbing his face on his sheet crying... poor lamb. i'm trying not to feed him at night but it seems to be the best way to get 3 hours sleep out of him when he's sore.

meanwhile on the yogurt front... james just loves Pauls natural yogurt. It is whole milk and no boogedy stuff. i don't mind it either. i stack it full of pie apple or banana and he wolfs it back... including getting it smeared in a big circle round his whole nose and mouth area. then he smiles... it's so cute.

he stood up under his high chair and walked/pushed it across the room on friday. i was so proud... i made him do it again (on video)... *stage mother*

sometimes he shows such coordination, then in the same hour he'll fall when crawling, or something he's already mastered. big dent in his head on saturday from a low fall... *cries*

i'm going for a morning nap. *too boogedy*

All these little movers and shakers. Look out, nothing is safe anymore.

I bet James wold love trolley on wheels Viv. Beats pushing his highchar around! I try so hard not to feed her at night now, but like you say, if it means you might get 3 hours sleep, sometimes it is just too irresistable. Our all nighter was a fluke.

How much help do all these babes need getting to sleep? Anyone still rock/pat/feed? Anyone got a put-down-wide-awake, asleep-in-two-minutes kind of baby?

Lu has been freaking out when i put her down and needs to be cuddled until really drowsy, then will go down a tiny bit awake, a few pats and she's asleep. Am i dreaming to wish for a self settling baby again?

Morning all,
    Last night DH came into the lounge with Bella telling me she had a nightmare and was crying. Gave her cuddles for a while but she was squirming in my arms and bringing her knees up so figured she had a sore tummy. Thought it was cute of DH saying she had a "nightmare". She had a bottle and slept all night. This morning she is a bit grizzly but not too bad, blowing raspberries at the moment . Going to get some Jalna yoghurt today, thanks for the thought, been looking for natural baby yoghurt too. Bella just loves her food, everything I've given her so far she has enjoyed. I still have to give her pureed food though, when I give her something with small bits in it she always dry reaches, so go straight back to the puree. She does this new thing where she holds her breath, goes red, then laughs, scared the crap out of me at first .
    Hope everyone has a great day.

Bye,
    Dianne

Morning!

My house always looks like a bomb-site after the weekend, I'm on BB trying to pretend the mess isn't here.

K is a bit snuffly and grumpy atm, I think he may be teething again. Lots of drool, he had diarrhea last week, he vomitted on Friday (not like the usual "chuck" he does) and has generally been cranky. Thankfully he's still sleeping well o'night, though I have been giving him Panadol before he goes to bed. He only has 2 bottom teeth so far, so I guess the top ones may be on their way.

Viv - Clever James walking with his highchair! I got Joel a Fisher Price walker when he got to that stage, he loved to hoon around the house.

Ange - How are you feeling preggie lady? K goes down for sleeps with no probs thankfully. I just pop him in bed with a kiss and he is happy to go to sleep by himself. In the evenings his teddy comes and gives him a kiss too, he snugs his head into it, so gorgeous! I think I'm lucky though, my sister's DD usually cries for a little while before going to sleep and she is only 2 weeks younger than K.

Hope you all have a good Monday! Now I'd better stop procrastinating and start cleaning *sigh*.

ETA - Dianne - I hope Bella feels a bit better today. Kieran has so far loved everything I have given him too! He sounds the same with bigger things. He tends to pull a gag face and a big chunk will drop out of his mouth. He gets some in his tummy though!!
    Last edited by ~Trish~; July 21st, 2008 at 10:15 AM. Reason: Added message for Dianne

Morning all!

Caught up on some sleep. Went to bed really early last night and the next thing I know its 6am and the dogs and L are both crying. DH says that L did stir overnight and whinged a bit but put himself back to sleep without any attention. So, maybe tonight I will forego the dreamfeed and when he whinges take a wait and see approach. Poor thing was so hungry though he was arms outstretched in front of the microwave as we waited for his bottle.

Trish - hear ya on the bomb site. Now that L can stand nothing is safe. Keep meaning to clear the coffee table but then get distracted by something else.
    Viv - I'm a stage mum too. L isn't pushing anything yet but it won't be long.

Oh, I think I have a musician in the making. For DH's birthday he got Rockband (like Guitar Hero but also with a drum kit and karoke function). So the drum sticks were on the coffee table and L picks them up properly and starts hitting the coffee table with them. Prefer he didn't become a drummer but might need to encourage his musical ability with other instruments.

Ange - sometimes we can put L down in his cot awake and he will fall asleep on his own but other times he needs to be nursed/patted in our laps. Really good now at picking his tired signs so that really assists in the process. He has a cuddly toy that he always holds when he goes to sleep and its so cute when he rubs it on his face or holds its arm.
    Dianne - I didn't realise that you had older kids. How are you finding it being a mum to a bub again? I'd be scared too if L held his breath like that. Why do they do that? L's latest trick is to blow air out of his mouth - kind of like a whistle crossed with a pant. So cute.

Anyway, should take advantage of this quiet time and have a shower or do something productive.

Have a good day.

ange Myles is still bf to sleep but sometimes he is kinda awake but will just roll over and go to sleep! He has been harder to put down at the moment cause his 2 top teeth are on the way down!

i will be back later have to eat! xx

hey everyone

exciting news from me - Tahlia is crawling! Life will never be the same! She was just on the floor yesterday and she could see a toy that she couldn't reach and she just got up on all 4's and went for it! I got all teary.... the 1st of many proud mummy moments I guess!
    Sleep not going so well at the moment tho...

Minimax - I think I would give the trials a miss too, I'd be too paranoid to do it!

Saffi - way to go L on pulling himself up! Another proud mummy moment for you! Great news about being able to go part time

Ange - Tahlia still needs way too much help to go to sleep, she was going ok, and then when she got her cough we went straight back to square 1 where should would only go to sleep if fed to sleep. Now sometimes she will go to sleep in our arms, or she wants to be fed to sleep. There is no way I could put her in her cot awake and she would drift off... I think I need to get my No Cry book back out and have another read... I am sick of people (not on here) telling me to CC though!

A question for everyone - who gives their bubs biscuits? and if so, what sort?

Viv – Yeah we normally use huggies sensitive, non fraganced wipes = have since she was born. But in the past 2 days I have just been using cotton wool and boiled water (trust me the water out here is 50% bore water so it’s a bit harsh anyway!). No improvement – not worse but no better. Off to the doc in about an hour so will see how we go. Congrats on the little man and his walking/pushing efforts! Caitlyn is still pretty much immobile on the floor – she goes backwards and because of that and her mammoth play on the floor effort on the weekend she has irritated her eczema and it now looks like she might have carpet burn!!!
    Ange – I have to admit that C has turned into one of those babies that I can put her in her cot for her sleep and she will grizzle for about a minute and then eiher play till she falls asleep or just roll on her side and nod off. I wouldn’t say that she is wide awake when I put her down but she is more than half awake. When she starts sooking and rubbing her nose its time to put her in there.
    Dianne – that would have freaked me out too. Caitlyn has started pulling this face – scrunches up her nose and breathes really hard out of it – snorts almost! Found out where she got that from….DH!!! He has been pulling that face at her constantly!!!
    I still give Caitlyn mashed stuff – moved out of puree over the weekend really. She now also gets some of that small Heinz pasta in her vege pots. But it has to be finely mashed…just above a puree I think. She does the gag face and a little spill comes out but its more for the attention I think cause its not for every mouthful.
    Trish – my house looks like a bomb site no matter what day of the week it is!! I just cannot seem to keep up with it anymore. Am tempted to have a “sicky” just to get stuck in and get it cleaned properly. I took a day off a few weeks ago for that very reason but ended up catching up on missed sleep and eating tim tams on the couch!!
    Kelli- woohoo on the crawling – as above C is going backwards but REALLY wants to master the forwards thing!!
    Anyway - off to the Dr soon to see about this horrible nappy rash - am scared I am going to be told off for leaving it for so long Baaaaad mummy!!!
    I hope you are all having a good day - even if it does involve housework!! MWAH

way to go, tahlia. the good stuff is in the bottom of the pantry... go there when mummy isn't looking! *sweet*

ange - we use the fitball for j to go to sleep. he gets in his bag, with his lovey (dog head on rag - babygund), dummy and spa music *sigh*... in the mornings for the first sleep i bounce for 4-7 minutes, his eyes close and i lower him into the cot. his eyes will open a little bit then he'll usually roll over and cuddle dog rag to sleep.

as the day wears on, the bounce gets longer. the average is 7m to so sleepy/drowsy that he'll crash in the cot. if he's bejiggity then he'll do 15m on the ball, wake up in the cot, look at me, stand up, grunt, blah blah... start over. if it fails again then i keep him up. that usually happens if i'm trying to afternoon nap his a$$. he's usually not interested.

overnight, he gets a dreamfeed and usually a 2am. it's just easier than doing the bounce to sleep for 2 minutes, only to have him wake in an hour.

my newsletter from the hospital says it's about standard at this age for them to have sleep issues between teeth and the crawling or walking milestone driving them nuts at night. they even suggest mums go back to sleeping in the day!!

lucky those of you whose babes are sleeping long stretches. james hasn't done a decent 6+6 since the bottom teeth came in. can't wait for these top two to just hurry up! maybe we need to panadol him before bed.

Anyone got a put-down-wide-awake, asleep-in-two-minutes kind of baby?
    Hell NO, not anymore. I used to....definitely not since the un-wrapping (which has taken a big backwards step). Things have gone down hill with self settling since the cough, teething, unwrapping. Still does a lot, but it's pot luck.

Hasn't self settled going to bed at night for about 2 months or longer now. Had always done it, came out of the blue and now he needs me to stand next to his cot before he'll nod off. Don't have to do anything, just stand there till he goes to sleep. Helpline suggested this could be separation anxiety...

Ange, I too hope that my self settling bub will come back eventually! Our nights are pretty much same as Viv's but once this unwrapped day time sleep saga is over, I'm going to cut out the 2am...not looking forward to it...

Re Sleep. Feel better that it's not just us. Wish i could see the light at the end of the tunnel though.

Kellie- only biscuits i give are cruskits and rice crackers. Oh and i have given her those 'baby mum mum' vegie biscuits. But i'm a bit of a hard ass, no extra sugar, mean kind of mum. :P Girls in my MG give plain sweet biscuits like marie's or arrowroot though.

Wish i could see the light at the end of the tunnel though.
    Me too, admit to having a good cry in the shower this morning

becky Guest

Hey all - Have been missing for a while! Been lurking a little...

Ange - Eeeepppp.... sorry, I have one of those babies. I put CHels down at about 7.30 every night. She lays in there and chats for about 5 minutes and then will be sound asleep. Usually sleeps straight thru til about 7am. Every now and then she will wake up in the night for her dummy but as soon as ya pop it back in she is out like a light again. I am very lucky. Been blessed with 2 fantastic sleepers!!

Trish - Have funcleaning...... lol. Something I should be doing ATM to. lol

Saffi - Thats fantastic news about Part time! You will love the balance hey!!

Kellie - Woot on the crawling! Its so cute hey! They are so much happier when they can get around themselves!!

Rebecca - hope ya can get the nappy rash cleared up! Chels has only ever had it once for about 2 days but I know how horrible even that can be. Poor little bubba!

Willow - Awww..... hope your feeling better, Nothing wrong with a good cry though!

Ok all Im gonna go have a rest, hi to everyone, I'll try and be back soon!!! X

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast