Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #30

i was sitting in front of the couch on the floor yesterday while jj cruised the couch. i turned to look at him and he was standing there, totally unaided, holding his cup just smiling at me. I cheered and made a fuss and he just stood there for about 10 or so seconds until he put his hand out for the couch.

cool huh? i was so proud. it's funny how his every movement, sniffle and burp keeps me amused for hours. sigh

last night he went back to relatively normal with only a 10.30pm and a 3.30am wake. I can deal with that. i feel way more human today.

jj seems to be way more boogedy with sleep when it comes to mechanical milestones than he is for teeth. when the bottom ones came through, it also coincided with him crawling properly. hard to know if he's upset because his brain is driving him nuts trying to work out how to do stuff, or if it's the teeth.

a mystery - like everything.

Go JJ! Good work, no wonder you've been driving your mother around the twist, you're working on the big moves!

Warning - for those that had a carp night with bubs don't read this post!

I so love my boy. I put him down last night at 7pm, he was awake when he was put in his cot and the next thing we heard from him it was just before 7am! I did go in at 10.30pm just to check on him and put him back under the covers. He has never gone a whole 12 hours before! DH thinks that I got up to him overnight, but I have no recollection of this and I know I was awake a couple of times at around the times L normally stirs. I won't try to tempt fate and think this will be a lasting pattern, but it certainly is appreciated when it happens

Is anyone going to the Target toy sale? I was going to go after I pick DH up from work tonight. Nothing there that I thought I must get there at 8am for, but I'm sure I could find heaps of things to spend a lot of money on.

Thinking more that L is a finger food type of bub. It is getting harder too feed him anything on a spoon, but as soon as something is put on his tray he goes for it. Worried tho that he isn't actually eating much (I know milk is their main nutrition for 12 months, but....). Cos he doesn't really eat much I am reluctant to make a lot of new and interesting sort of things, so just go with toast, vegies and a bit of meat and pasta. Are other finger food bubs eating all their food?

Congrats to JJ. How cool is that to just see it happen like that. Have you got the video camera out yet?

Best get myself ready while L is down for a nap.

BBL

Morning,
    Bella slept all night last night but could hear her moaning in her sleep, think her top teeth will be coming through soon. Her cheeks have been really red for the last couple of weeks. Can't believe my landlord, we are moving at the end of August and got home this morning at 9.00 after dropping kids off at school and DH in town, and there he is with two ladies looking at my dog through the fence. All I could think of was "the house is in a mess". He didn't let me know he was bringing anyone around. Oh well, they loved the house, so looks like he found a tenant .
    Hope everyone has a great day.
    Bye,
    Dianne

Nice work big L! impressive, now come have a word to the guni.
    Lu is pretty good on her finger food, she is loving pasta, grapes, avocado, sultanas and mandarins at the mo. Having said that, there are somedays (i suspect when her gums are sore) that she hardly eats anything. She turns her nose up at the spoon too, unless it has yoghurt on the end of it! I have heard you should just keep offering things, even if he doens't want them, persist and he will eventually give them a go.

HCG levels are 7241, so nice and high

Way to go JJ.

Nice sleeping there L.

Thats fantastic Mo! Keep stickin bubba!
    Viv wtg JJ you will be running after him in no time!
    Saffi thats so great L is sleeping well, no need to warn us we are happy for you!
    Dianne hope Bellas teeth dont cause her too much worry!

bbl xx

Mo - congrats! I am so excited for you! I must admit I thought something was up when I saw your status on facebook as not feeling well, I wondered if it was morning sickness! Glad to hear of the great BT results too! Heres to some sticky vibes!

Thanks Trish, Amber, Mo, Rebecca, Saffi and Julia for the birthday wishes. Went out to dinner with family last night, and then we have a small party on the weekend. I can't believe I am 30!

Ange - where do you get the 'baby mum mum' biscuits? I looked in my Coles and I couldnt find them. Ended up getting her some ritz crackers though, and she seems to like them

Rebecca - congrats on the job offer

Julia - hope you enjoyed kick boxing and MG!

Saffi - you are so lucky with L's great sleep! I hope it continues for you!

BTW - I hear everyone on the issues with MIL's!

Not much else new with us, I am quickly child proofing the house as Tahlia practices her crawling and gets into everything! Why do they love playing with things that aren't toys when they have real toys all around them . Off to MG this arvo

*cues cricket noises*

It's so quiet in here!

Kellie - I'm glad you had a nice birthday. Have fun at your party on Saturday!

Mo - Yay on those HCG levels!!! I get a good feeling about this bub How are you feeling physically? Any m/s yet or is it biding it's time?

Ange - I am so impressed with what Lu eats! It's so much easier when your bub eats most things. How are you feeling lately?

Dianne - Poor Bella, I hope those teeth pop through and stop bothering her. She is such a good sleeper! Where are you moving to?

Saffi - WTG L on that sleep!!!! How did he go last night? I haven't been to the Target toy sale, but DH & I were considering getting Joel a trampoline for his birthday while they are on sale.

Viv - Wow @ JJ standing on his own! He'll be taking steps in no time now!

Rebecca - Enjoy your trip to Townsville!

Amber - I hope Myles' teeth pop through soon, they are nasty aren't they?

Julia - Granny sounds REALLY old LOL. Oh well, at least she has settled on a name now.

Becky - Poor Chelsea, I hope she feels better soon. It's horrible when they are so sick.

Joel is going to kinder this arvo and is looking forward to it, hooray ! It's nice to have him back to normal again, my stress levels have decreased dramatically.

DH is out for a work dinner tonight, then off skiing on Sunday so I will be stuck at home alone with the boys . I'll have to go and visit some people I think. DH has been surfing two weekends in a row and now skiing, I wish I could just head out and do that! (Well, maybe not the skiing...or the surfing in the middle of winter...but you know what I mean!).

Oh well, I might go off and organise a holiday to somewhere warm!

Have a great day everyone

Happy 10 months to My lil Monkey

Trish i have that sickly feeling but no throwing up, So tired tho but that's probably because of the low blood count.

Thanks Kellie.

We went to the target toy sale, so busy in there. We got M an activity table & one of those story telling bears.
    We got a Wii it's actually alot of fun, You feel silly swinging the controls around but it's good for a laugh.

happy 10 months maddi. phew... big girl!

pretty quiet round here...

last night was weird, at about 3am, clear as a bell, james yelled out, "MUM!" ... not like his usual ma ma ma... or maaaah-ma. just MUM! i sat bolt upright in bed because it was so weird but there were no other sounds.

i reckon he was dreaming about me... or something. very cute though - i love his little voice.

Aw Viv Thats seems so cute that hge would be dreaming about his mum! I was holding myles last night as he drifted off and he broke out in the hugest smile! It made me go all gooey! I hope he was dreaming of me and not about licking things lol!
    Mo we have a Wii its awesome fun! We have had it for about 2 weeks and we play it nearly everynight, i think thats why i have lost weight! I popped into the target sale yesterday! It was so quite but set up really well! I got M a bike thing you can push him in and a cabbage patch doll lol!
    Trish come up here to brissie its warm ....well its raining so maybe not!
    Kellie its so hard child proofing hey!
    Hi everyone hope your having a fab day!
    bbl xx

howdy all!
    still no internet but minding my nbeices at my sisters today so trying to catch up!

Ange- a belated congratulations! you guys must be super fertile, wonder if that little one time means there is a boy baby baking in there?!?!
    Mo- congratulations also thats fantastic news, i hope the m/s isnt too bad

the move went well, its been hard living in the reno's but thank god most of it was done before we moved i dont think i could handle it! The kitchen is 90% complete a few more cubborads to be done which happens next week, dishwasher still to be connected as is the stove top, so cooking has been reverted to mocrowave, frozen meals, the george, elec fry pan and wok!
    Um the house is freezing cause we have no door from the kitchen into the back patio area, thats getting on next week alone with bedroom doors which we've also been without!
    i went without a washing machine for 2 weeks, finally it is connected and working as of this week!
    Painter is coming next week to finish off prob 2 days worth.
    every room has something that needs finishing but we are very pleased with what we have done so far.
    Both boys have been in the wars. Tyron smacked his face into the concret a couple of days ago and got a nice big bruise on his noggin and cut on his head.
    the day we moved Nixon cut his chin open, had to be glued, then thismorning climbed onto the change table, tried to lean over to turn the sterip on and fell and has a nice big bruise on his forehead to mnatch his brother!

i hope you are all well and i can catch up more when the net is back on hopefully next week!~

Hey all

Yay! Weekend is here!!!

We've got our goddaughter staying with us tonight. She is 4 and such fun. She asks a lot of questions and you're constantly being asked why and what is that etc. She was a big help bathing and dressing L. Her mum is having a baby in September so she will be a big help with her baby brother.

Going to have a facial and a pedicure in the morning. It was L's Mother's Day present to me. So slack that I am only getting to it now.

Happy 9 months Maddi! You've have spent as much time on the outside as you have on the inside!

I think I might have worked out the secret to L sleeping thru - going to bed later. Last night I put him down around 9pm and he woke up at 5am. At 5.45am I gave him a bottle and he slept until DH woke him up at 7.45am to get him ready for daycare. So tonight he went down at around 8pm. Hopeful that he will sleep until at least 5am. Going to be up fairly early with Tashie anyway.

Nickers - sounds like your house renos are almost finished. I know I couldn't live without my dishwasher.
    Your poor boys. I guess there will be a lot more bumps and bruises. L came home with a bump on his chin today.
    Mo - did you get the Fisher Price activity table? L has asked his Nanny to get that for him for his birthday or Christmas present.
    Trish - I had a trampoline when I was a kid. So much fun. Of course mine was an old fashioned one that wasn't enclosed and had the springs exposed and you could fall off.
    Viv - how great of JJ. L hasn't said so much as one word. He's a quiet type - just like his Dad.

Got a cough at the moment. I hate being sick

Anyway, I'll pop in over the weekend. Have fun.

So quiet in here.
    Maddi's great granny come down from QLD to see her, She brought M this beautiful ladybug bracelet. When M saw her she put her arms straight out for hugs which her great granny loved!.

Nothing much happening here, life is pretty boring at the moment.

Hope everyone is well.

bah. having dramas posting. back tomorrow.

it is quiet in here.
    Tyron knows how to wave know its so cute he really exentuates the hand action when he does it, but ofcourse doesnt do it on cue just when he feels its time lol!
    he ALMOST crawled the convential way tonight! he has been getting around since about 7months but he is still to crawl on all fours. he also learnt how to get from the sitting position onto his tmmy for the first time tonight! exciting but now means i cant juct sit him down for a few mins and know he will still be there!
    not much else, lots of trades coming this week to finish things off so have to be home most of the week but keep the kids occuied out of the way

Hey everyone!

Yay, BB is back online, that was a big break! It's been very quiet in here.

Well, I'm now officially a BB marketplace member! I was putting it off for a while and was hoping to upgrade my website, but seeing as I don't know when that is happening I thought I'd just bite the bullet. It's such cheap advertising, I thought "why not?"!

Joel is at kinder this morning and K is having a nap so it's lovely and quiet. We've all got the sniffles atm, but not too bad. I have been putting K on his knees everyday and he is starting to stay on them by himself for a little while before leaning forward and lying on his tum. We're slowly getting there!

Nic - How cute that Tyron waves! I'm trying to teach K, but he's not getting it yet! Glad the renos are going well. Do you have internet at your new house now?

Mo - That's adorable that Maddi reached out for a hug! What a cutie

Saffi - I hope you enjoyed your facial, I'm very jealous!

Anyhoo, better do a few things before the kinder pick up. Have a great day everyone!!

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast