Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #4

Wat a day... Jasmine slept a total of 4 hours ALL DAY...and has only just gone to sleep.

Peta..ur Av will be updated soon...takes a lil while

Welcome home Yael....your princess is gorjus..i checked out the Facebook pics

holy carp - you must be rooted, kim. 4 hours. i would be beside myself.

james' eye seems to be on the mend. i squirted his little face with bm heh... dodgy aim and all.

as for babies dreaming - i'm pretty sure they do. james makes all kinds of sounds in his sleep. he did a big scream so i came in thinking he was up (at 4am). i turned the light on and went to pick him up but he was out cold.

it's sad that if they do dream, it's so disturbing for them.

Morning everyone!

Peta - Re: cradle cap. My first son had it for ages and I tried heaps of tricks (like making a baking soda paste and leaving it on his head while having a bath), but the only thing that got rid of it pretty much straight away was Sorbelene. I just rubbed it on his head after a bath and it cleared up in no time.

I'd love to know what babies are dreaming about!

I often wonder if they dream about the whole birth thing? Cause i know that would distress me too if i remembered it!
    Kim hope you get some better sleep tonight or today!
    Seeing the Drs today and i must say Im a little anxious! Just cause I hope I am being a good mum and Myles is healthy! Lucky Dh is coming with me cause then I think I would be even more worried!

Hope everyone had some sort of sleep last Night!
    Myles is stirring so better go!
    hugs to all mummies and bubbies! x

I heard olive oil is good for cradle cap......... havn't tried it myself though.

i hope he doesn't remember his birth trauma. i'm p1ssed that i do.

Welcome Back Ange, glad your trip went well.

Kim good luck with your trip we had to travel to Blue Haven(an hour from Newcastle)
    Traffic was pretty good both ways hope you have the same luck.
    Kim hope you get some more sleep/rest today.

Welcome Back Yael, congrats on the birth of your daughter, love the pic.

Amber good luck your with you appointment today, we saw our OB yesterday and he is very happy with everything

anyone elses bubs have pimples? The little milk pimples. Tyron has heaps all over his bottom half of his face and top part of his chest. wondering what helps clear it up? Im sure its cause he spews so much.
    Taking him to the docs today for a check over, re the pimples, possible reflux, seems to have a funny lump on the side of his head im a bit concerned about which is quiet odd.

There are certain cradle cap creams, ive never had to used them before but when i won that skin care stuff from PP magazine i got some the Avune (sp?) brand. i actually put a put on Ty's head last night cause there was a red spot all day and a bit flakey. he also gets the milk pimples on his head....

i went to my tupperware sales meeting last night, was good to get out on my own for a few hrs but i was egging to get back because my boobs were soooooooooo sore.
    DH said Tyron whinged the whole night and he was over him by the time i got home!

when i went to bed i felt like i had been hit by a truck, bad headache and achey all over. woke up feeling like it but after some panadol i feel fine. i was worried it could be the start of mastitis but i dont have any obvious LUMPS on my breasts?

glad your trip went well Ange!
    Hi Yael and welcome home!
    Viv- did u mean what amount are we spending? $10-20 not incl postage. and if you can (i know its hard when u cannot drive) have it posted by the end of this month start of dec.

OH man here I am - have been reading everything just have no time to do anything else.

Uni was very full on and I have 6 assignments to write before the end of November - however once they are done I am finished uni for ever.

Would love to respond to all the chatter but can't really remember much plus not much time. We do use a dummy but only when she is waiting for the bottle to be made otherwise she just gets the ****s with it.

Am taking Maddison and James to dr's today - James has a persistent dry cough that is keeping everyone awake day and night, plus Maddi is going through this screaming phase and vomiting lots after feeds - gets worse as the day goes along. Am stopping the Infacol today cos I have a suspicion even though it helps with the wind it unsettles her tummy....Last two afternoon/nights have seen Mandy and me just bewildered....James was never like this????

Welcome Yael congrats on your little princess!!!! Better go find you on facebook!

ETA - Nicker what was I supposed to email abt in regards to SS, some extra info you were after I can't remember what it was? Maddi has little pimples on both sides of face down the cheeks - ver small little bumps that you can feel more with your finger than see......another thing to ask the doc abt plus she has a litte bit of cradle cap - just been using baby oil before a bath/shower.

Well done to all those ladies who have gone on trips with your bubbies - I need to take a run to Newcastle and Taree but am bit nervous, will definately have to do it early December I think...

Oh well Maddison is awake and just staring at me - guess she is wondering why she is not in my arms..............

I went to bed 1.40am....Jas slept til 6.30, fed then back to bed til 10.30am. I crawled back at 8.30

Our fisrt stop is Mums then off to Newcastle...im dreading it!!

Thinking of you for your big trip Kim...

Hope everyone else has had a good day - re the dreaming - i think Hayley had a dream last night, she woke us up crying at 12.30 so i thought it was time for a feed (which it was, last feed was at 9) by the time I got out of bed and got back from the loo she stopped crying and was sound asleep! She then didn't wake me up until 2.30am
    We've been out today doing a bit of shopping and having lunch with the MIL and Hayley is now fast asleep in her basinett. I must say I am quite proud of myself as today I did my first public breast feed!

Nic - Hayley has a face full of little pimples, poor thing. Only 2 weeks old! She had one really big whitehead on her cheek and it took all of my willpower not to go for it (i googled baby pimples and everything i read said DO NOT SQUEEZE) Thankfully that big one has cleared up now but there are heaps of little ones on her cheeks, chin and nose

Re dummy - we gave Hayley one when she was a bit unsettled after getting home from the hospital - i have a few different brands but the only one she likes for now is the avent one, it seems a lot smaller than all the others. I was tipped into the Happy baby brand as they are heaps cheaper than the others but its massive compared to the avent and she almost seems to choke on it

Yael - welcome back to you and your little princess - how do you pronounce her name?
    Amber- hope all went well with your appt

Qu - how do you get an avatar thingy? I can't seem to work that one out
    Last edited by Kate!P!; November 13th, 2007 at 03:48 PM.

pimples - james gets them from sleeping for too long on one side of his face. he also gets little milk pimples too but they come and go and random intervals.

cradle cap - he hasn't had it, but then i use 'simple' brand moisturiser on his little head after his bath. so far so good. i tried that huggies extra sensitive carp in his bath and it gave him eczema. *brandishes fist*. extra-sensitive my a$$. now i'm just using good old water, until he's a bit bigger. he has the best skin *jealous*. miniature pores, the best kind.

ursula - i totally think infacol increases james' vom quotient. he drenched me twice today.... which is how many doses he's had. double edged sword really... because he might be calm in the tummy for a while, until he parks a milky spew on me. meh. good on you for nearly getting done with school. i have 8 things left to write. i phoned them and stated my case (nasty caesar, big baby, ****ty labour, too hard... too hard) and they said to forget about school for a month and phone them end Nov to work something out. 6 of the 8 things are a bit hard for me and my milk brain, so i'm hoping i can weedle some kind of deal out of them. i have a solid gpa after a year's work... so maybe they'll let me off *takes sip of 'wishful thinking' potion*

nickers - i meant... do we reveal who the present is from for SS? or does it stay secret. *ditz*

Q: how many of you are attending mother's groups? i'm thinking of going to the child health one tomorrow... then there's 'friends of the birth centre'. bit scary but i suppose i can't be a recluse my whole life... or can i?

Middy came today. Gigantor James is now 5.445kg. Sweet merciful carp, he's a monster.

Wow Viv James sounds like he's gonna be a tall boy when he's older, my nephew was 10p 8oz when he was born & my gosh he's so tall & big now for an 8 year old. I think he will pass me by the time he's 11 or 12 & i'm 5'11ish.
    Viv i thought abut going to our local mothers group, but not sure if i wanna go. Might see what's it's like this week.

I went & did my SS shopping today, now i just need to wrap it

Maddi does well on the infacol so far no spews, fingers crossed she stays that way.

Vivienne - Wow, what a great size James is, you are doing a great job!

Kate - Well done for b'feeding in public! Re: getting an avater, you need to pay to become a platinum member. I think it's around $39.95 for 12 months.

Kim - Hope your car trip goes well, when are you going?

Yael - Sorry, I forgot to welcome you back! Congrats on your gorgeous little girl.

I am so tired today, I feel like an absolute zombie. Tried to get an afternoon nap in, but DH kept coming in and out of the room and I couldn't get to sleep. DH goes back to work on Thursday . I tried to talk him into taking the rest of the week off, but couldn't convince him. Hopefully I'll have more energy by then.

Have a great evening all!

Well little miss smarty pants, aka ME.....thought she got off scott-free with no stretch marks, hemorrhoids or fissure issues to speak of........... Apparently not, that darn car trip has left me with what i believe is a roid! well i'm b;aming the car trip, could well be due to pushing out a little watermelon! darn it......... Sorry if TMI for some of you ladeez.

LizzysMum Guest

Hey all you people coming to Newcastle!! Would you like to try and have a coffee or something. You are welcome at my place, we are about 10mins from the freeway. Cardiff exit. It would be nice to meet some of you IRL!

CatherineL Guest

Poo Ange! Poor you.. hope it gets better soon and doesn't give you too much grief!

REreams, Rochelle does the same thing... has a little outburst in her sleep - I actually thought it was wind... and was having a little outburst from pain or something? But I know I read this paper that said that they dream in the womb because scientists could pick up some sort of brain waves or something?...

Hope everyone is well!

ETA - I was thinking, maybe us Bris/GC Mums and bubs could meet up??

Amelia Guest

Good thought Catherine!! I would be up for it but it would have to be somewhere with public transport handy!!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast