Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #4

Does anyone have any ideas for a place to meet-up?
    we are all fairly close expect for Kellie who's lives on the other side.

I second Kim girls are no better sometimes, Maddi has pee'd all over the change table, towel and on Phil all at once. I've had to change her a few times while out cause she pee'd all over herself while i was changing the nappy.

I have no idea of places....i havent ventured out from my lil area....and ill still use the excuse i dunno Melb cos im from NSW and only moved here last year!!

Im happy to travel where ever

CatherineL Guest

ROFL @ Kate... You would be amazed how far pee travels from Ro's tiny winkie! She might as well have a willy!

Vivienne - So glad you liked Louie! He is a top Dr and very thorough.. I don't know about the other Dr's at that clinic though. Sorry I didn't get a chance to reply to you about the meet-up yesterday... I did read it, but I was doing a million things and feeding Rochelle at the same time. Maybe next time!

Peta - Holy Moly... where do I find the percentiles? Rochelle is still bigger than Kaylee and she's also half her age... It's Ok - I can accept I have a BIG bi-atch on my hands...

Becky - I still remember it freaking hurt... But not to the extent of the intensity of it! I remember my birth really well though. Can't wait to do it again! And I agree with you Kellied, I think BF was harder than giving birth (wouldn't have said that at the time though...) and with you Saffi on parenting is harder than the birth part - So many women get caught up on just 'birth' in their pregnancy and forget that real challege and journey starts after birth! Hence - I read up on parenting and I think it's helped me as far as a book can help. I just didn't expect BF'ing to be as hard...

I have decided, If I can't get my supply back up for that evening feed - I am going to be Ok with giving her a comp feed of formula. Maybe now I have told myself this, the strain will be off and I will trick myself into making more milk... lol

Glad your Ok Belinda, I was a little worried about you for a bit there... You too Ursula!

Belinda, How did DTD go? Did it hurt? I can't remember if you had any trauma *down there* from birth? Were you scared?

Angela - What do they do for a fractured coccyx? How is little Luella? Spoilt rotten, I bet... When did this pee thing start? I'm wondering if it's still yet to come for me...

I don't know how you guys don't love BF'ing! It's the best part about being a mum for me... Despite all the troubles, I just love how content she looks on the breast and when she looks into my eyes whilst she's sucking, I love that it's something only I can give her, I love that she cries for me and my booby and once Daddy passes her over and she smells me, she opens her mouth up wide waiting for boob, I love when we have skin to skin together she will wriggle around my chest trying to find booby and even just the feeling when they are sucking rocks! I must still be on loopy hormones. Plus she always looks sad when I give her the bottle instead...

Kim - Have things improved for you on the BF front?

Just wanted to ask, Do you guys feed your babies to sleep whether it be formula or breast?

lol Good excuse KIm.
    Just order a swim nappy from you, wish i had known sooner were taking Maddi to Phil's dad's tomorrow & they have pool.
    Will be handy for next time

Catherine-Maddis drift's off sometimes, But still sleep sucks & as soon as i move her she wakes up.
    Last edited by Khaleesi; November 16th, 2007 at 12:50 PM.

Speaking of big pees, I was changing Kieran's nappy just before and I went to get something while he was undressed and he peed directly at me (I was standing to his side), I moved and it was like it was following me!!! There was some big mopping up afterwards and I'll have to remember from now on to put a cloth nappy over him if I walk away for a second!

Catherine - I don't feed to sleep unless it is the night feeds. I am doing the feed/wake/sleep routine which is working so well and just putting him to bed when he gets tired. So far so good!

Re: forgetting labour pain, I will never forget my first labour as it was horrifically long and painful. I SWORE I would never have another baby . It took me a very long time to get over it. This time I practiced relaxation techniques and I absolutely loved my labour experience and could do it again if I knew I would have the same experience. I don't know if I actually want another bub though, DH does, but it would take some convincing to make me do it all again. We'll see...

goldilocks Guest

India is having a lazy day today and sleeping a lot...must be making up for the 2 hours (max!) that she slept yesterday during the day! I'll attempt some personals while I have my hands free...

Kim, I'm so sorry to hear about Bundy...it's like a losing a member of the family when a much loved pet passes. LOL @ your little pee'er and pooper!

Mo, I can't believe that Maddi is almost 2 months ago - holy cow, that time has gone quickly! I think it's so adorable that she has a full head of hair. MIL was trying to convince us to shave India's head after she was born so it would all grow back at the same length! LOL

Peta, WTG on your healthy little girl...sounds like Kaylee is growing beautifully!

Viv, sorry to hear that James has a cold...I caught one last week and passed it onto India and she still has the snuffles. Is it just me or do babies have the stickiest boogers imaginable?! Poor thing ends up with it smeared across half her face when I'm trying to clean her up LOL BFing definitely gets wearing at times...I enjoy the intimacy but do have my moments of 'when the fcuk will I ever get my body back'! I miss wearing nice lingerie...

Ange, glad your OB appt went well, but ouchies at your fractured coccyx. Woo hoo at your BP being back to normal! Did you have to have a pap smear? The middies told me I have to have one at my 6-week check up *rolls eyes*

Ursula, sorry to hear that Maddi was unsettled last night and you didn't know what was wrong with her. Glad she managed to sleep for 6 hours once she finally settled down though. How are your studies coming along?

Trish, it's amazing that an empty bowel/bladder can have such an effect on a baby's weight! I hope Kieran puts on some weight before his next weigh-in.

Saffi, it's great to hear that you're getting things under control. Those first few weeks are really difficult! I totally sympathise with your shopping expedition - we do our grocery shopping at a sprint these days in case India starts screaming LOL

Hello to all the other mums and bubs!

Isn't it amazing how quickly the pain of labour fades in our memories... I was lying awake last night thinking about writing my birth story, and it stunned me that I could barely remember what a contraction felt like! I guess my brain has done a good job of blotting out the ugly bits to make sure I go back for seconds LOL

ETA: Catherine, sorry we posted at the same time! I hope your supply increases...sounds like Rochelle loves da booby! India gets all excited and starts waving her arms around when I pop her on my lap for feed LOL As for DTD, I think Anthony was more worried about it than I was! He was the reason that we held off for 4 weeks...I would have had a go after 2 LOL I didn't tear giving birth but had a few tiny grazes on my labia...the doc put a couple of stitches in for good measure so that the grazes wouldn't fuse together as they healed. DTD only hurt a tiny bit to start with but was fine after that, and doesn't even feel any differently *down there* to what it did pre-birth. Just take it slowly and use lots of lube hehe

CatherineL Guest

So Mo, how do you usually put her to sleep?

BF gone

Mo ya nappy being sent today..ta for the sale

I dont feed to sleep,Jas gets rocked but most of the time self settles to sleep

She lays on my tummy falls alseep, then i move her the cot keep my hand on her tummy till i know she's still asleep.
    Becuase she doesn't sleep much during the she goes to sleep pretty easily most nights.

Belle how funny, I love Maddi's hair it's gotten so much light since she was born to.
    Love the new pic of India

Thanks Kim & your welcome
    Sry about the b/fing at least you gave it a shot can't do much more than that.

CatherineL Guest

Aww.. Sorry to hear Kim! Nevermind, Chelsea never had booby and she is just perfect! And I envy you, because atleast you can go out on your own and leave the bubs at home with Craig for a bit.

kim - so sorry 2 hear about your doggie. it's just so damn sad when they go..

cath - mr 5.445kgs likes his bi-atches big, so ro will never be short of a date.

bel - a contraction feels like a heated AND electrified crow bar wrenching on your cervix, which is fighting the good fight against opening. i will never forget, and after what i said to the med staff, i won't be allowed to go back. they probably have my pic up in the tea room *washes potty mouth*

re: feeding to sleep... mr legs is passed out on the boob as we speak... type... his eyes have rolled back in his head. i'm being careful not to ruin his milk buzz....

i think i know why i get no joy from feeding. little ratbag never looks at me. he either looks out the window, stares into space or closes his eyes.

Hi ladies,
    Im going to try to type quick as both my men are sound asleep!

Belle Welcome back! sounds like you have been having a great time with India! Wow DTD, I think we might try to give it a go soon! I too have forgotten about the pain of labour which is great! Do you miss being PG?
    Caterine I love BF its such a great feeling! But if you cant BF or dont want to Im sure you get the same sastifaction? I feed him to sleep when he wants!IYKWIM! If he is happy Im not going to wake him!
    Kim so sorry about your dog! sorry your BF is gone! Im sure Jas will be fine FF!
    Ange glad your appointment went well! good on you for no internal! Wish I was that lucky! Hope your coxyx heals soon!
    Trish Im sure your lil man will have put on some weight by next week!
    Kellied I may have to invest in that cd! We also play Myles a cd of mantras that I listened to everyday when I was PG and it calms him down!
    Saffi what a great sleep he had! Good on you for having a nap! I know in the first few weeks i was sleeping everytime Myles went down!
    Misskate its hillarious when they pee everywhere! Havent had to deal with poo yet though touchwood!

sorry if I missed anyone! have to go the lil man has just woken up!

xo

Hi girls, geez 2 days and i had a lot to catch up on!

Trish- congratulations on being an aunty! thats so cool your bubs are 2 weeks apart, my sister had her DD 4 days after Nixon was born and they are so funny together. Did her SIL end up having her bub on the same day?

Kim- sorry to hear about your dog thats so upsetting, he had a long life though, they are just part of the family arnt they. In regards to the weight gain try not to stress too much over it, That MCHN sounds a bit by the books, she still gained weight which is a good thing. I had another MCHN visit today and Tyron actually lost 70g in the last week. And thats since i have been bf. So i think a combo of the bf but he is terribly spewy. So she is coming back on Wednesday to check him again.
    getting dh to take him to gp again tomorrow, he is still jaundice. different days he is better than others, but i seen a MW who was a friend of a friend today who said he is def Jaundice and by 5 weeks it should really be going away by now. But the MCHN said bf babies can have it until 8-9weeks?
    I also really want to get him on soe Zantac, im not an idiot iva had a reflux baby before i know its that, he is so unsettled after feeds poor boy and gets woken up from it.

Viv- good idea if you can pump a bit extra so if you wanna go out without James you can and DH can feed him. With Nixon once my freezer supply ran out if i didnt have enough but wanted some time out i'd give him the occaisional bottle of formula.
    ive got so much supply this time around i actually gave Nixon some of it the other night! just put it in his milk bottle and he drank it like normal. is that weird of me to do so?? anyway no need for it to go to waste and i have "too much" if i dont start using the freezer supply it will end up having to be thrown out after 3months.

Hi Belle- good to hear from you again!

feeding- i think around 5-6weeks most bubs have a growth spurt, so this could be a reaosn why they are all quiet unsettled or feeding so much, it does pass, but not easy when u just start getting into some sort of routine! so the BF mums who dont feel their supply is great, the more they are feeding the more your supply will keep generating, but like catherine said lots of water, and eating well also will help maintain your supply.

well I had a SHOCKER today.
    my gf has stayed with us the last 2 nights with her 13m twins. she was meeting up with some other twin mums at the park near my place so we went to.
    ofcourse when we were leaving Tyron starts carry on cause he is hungry. i carry him half way then put in him the pram.
    get to the park Nixon takes off so i feed Tyron.
    But Nixon just doesnt care he kept running off too far so im trying to chase him whilst feeding Tyron, then when i catch him he drops to the ground and wont walk!
    Then he wacks his lip whilst trying to climp UP the slippery slide so blood lip.
    Then he poos so trying to change his stinky nappy, its stinking hot and flies are everywhere.
    Then Tyron wont settle and is screaming
    Then Nixon thinks he can run down this steep hill, i could see what was going to happen but couldnt get there quick enough, he starts running down it, falls, rolls down the hill and hits his head on the side of the slipery dip.
    THATS IT HOME TIME! fell asleep in pram so put him straight to bed, then Tyron wakes and starts.
    then i see my gf off then the MCHN arrives, then its feeding time again, i finally got to have some lunch at 3pm and Tyron has settled for the first time today.

ITS ALL TO FRICKEN HARD JUST TO GO TO THE PARK AHHHH!!!!

and here i was thinking i could do this on my own regularly. lucky there were other mums that helped chase Nixon etc if i was on my own well who knows what i would have done!

lol nic, sounds eventful!!!

in an evil way, its cool to know that little girls do the smae thing as lachie did his morning

BF, i do like it, dont know if i LOVE it but i am with viv, my little monster doesnt look at me, he looks under my arm at the wall or at the roof, although i think we hit a tuning point today as he has started following my face when he isnt feeding and staring at me its quite cute

Nic - What an ordeal a trip to the park turned into! I couldn't help but smile Sorry, it's just that I could imagine myself doing the same thing! Good on you for having a go and getting out!!

Boomba - Your personals have yet again impressed me! I always forget who said what by the time I've finished reading!

Viv - Kieran doesn't look at me when feeding either, don't feel bad! I don't mind b'feeding, but I can't say I love it. I just think it's so much more convenient than having to sterilise bottles and make up formula (that's the lazy streak in me speaking). I wouldn't be devastated if I had to switch over to FF though, I had to eventually with Joel and things were much more pleasant.

Belle - I love your ticker photo of India, she is absolutely gorgeous!

It's been a pretty boring day so far, I managed to clean bathrooms and toilets around feeding, taking Joel to the toilet numerous times a day so he doesn't wet himself (he still does anyway...sigh...) and generally trying to keep two boys happy. I even got a nap in while they were both asleep so I feel a bit more human. I really feel a bit trapped at home! I can't wait to start getting out more.

rallybbek Guest

Hey Everyone,
    Toby got weighed yesterday, he has put on 520g in 2 weeks. So he now weighs 4.75kg! Having a bit of a teary day today and I dont really know why! Sorry to hear about your dog Kim, it really does hurt to lose a loved pet.
    Have a gooD day girls, BeC

i think i have come out of the darkness with the BF thing. the little angelfish has proven me wrong and has done two really good 4 + 3 hour sleep stretches today. i got a nap, and a chance to actually get some milk back into the boob.

even folded laundry *oooh*

thank god for those nose drops, they've changed his little life...

nickers - what a shemozzle at the park. *shudder*. war wounds all round!

New thread time ladies

Love

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678