Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #4

I'm not a happy camper today. For second night running L has been up every couple of hours wanting a feed. I was dozing while he was on the breast and so did he. This morning while feeding him we dozed again, but each time I went to put him in his basinette he would wake and start crying. This has been the pattern all day. We went for a walk and he slept in my arms but when we put him in the stroller he screamed. So basically he hasn't slept more than a couple of hours all day. Anyone got thoughts on what is going on?

Cath - keen to meet up with the GC/Brisbane girls. Any time/day would suit me. Depending on where everyone is coming from perhaps meet half way, on the southside? Are there any good parks that anyone knows of? Otherwise Garden City shopping centre could be a possibility.

Viv - I am keen to join a mothers group. My local clinic group doesn't meet until the 13th so have a while to wait. Have posted in the Qld Members section to see if any Brisbane girls are interested in forming a group or at least chat.

Off to bath L. Hopefully this will settle him. Wish me luck.

Hmmm.... I feel tired today, but otherwise good. Kaylee seams to be settling down nicely, sleeping a lot better and for longer!!

Kim - I know, but Ambah emailed me the other day and said she was going to update that day?...
    Hope your car trip goes well!

Any Perth mummies in this thread??
    Belle did email me once, and lives really close to me, but haven't met up yet
    There is a Perth BB dinner this Sat night which I am hoping to get to...

Viv - WOW James is a nice size ... what size clothes is he in now then?! I'm attending a mothers group run by our child health nurse, runs for 5-weeks and she covers a different topic each week = really enjoying it, really informative and met some lovely mummies with babies around the same age as Kaylee!! At the end the CHN gives a list of names and numbers of those who attended, hope we continue to meet weekly or something!

Ursula - you brave thing going back to uni SO quickly! I deffered my studies around Easter time... hoping to maybe go back next year sometime.
    Maybe try the Brauer Colic Relief, I really think this is helping Kaylee! She seams to be doing a lot better in general.

We have our 6-week check with the CHN on Thursday!

Hello sleep deprived mummies!

Appointment went well! Myles is now 5.1kgs! And everything is fine! He is now 58cms long and his head is 39.5cm round! We also saw the child health nurse and she is very happy with how he is growing and feeding! I am so relieved, I am not usually a worrier but having this lil human dependant on only me is a huge worry!
    I am off to the OB tommorow so hopefully I am in good working order!
    I am finally going to meet some of my GF this week with bubbas which will be fun!
    Aslo got our free holiday in the mail today so will have to book that! Only thing is you cant use it in peak seasons so dont know DH will get the time off!
    Myles has scratched himself again on his face, need to cut his nails, im so scared cause I nearly cut his finger last time!

Viv wow james is a big Healthy boy hey! I am going to try to head to an ABA meeting but last time wasnt so succesfull! I do go to baby and pg yoga on a wednesday and thats kinda like a mothers group which is nice!
    Katep are you a plantium or life member? Thats the only way you can get one I think? Congrats on your first public BF its a bit daunting hey but once its out theres no going back!
    Kim good luck with your trip! Do the girls like the car?
    Ursula hope james is ok! aww poor maddi hope they can give her something to settle her!
    Nic Myles gets little milk spots that look like pimples and they go away! Sometimes there really bad in the morning then gone by lunch time! Hope your not getting mastitis?
    Welcome back Mo!
    Yael what a beautiful girl you have! How do you pronounce her name? it looks like a pretty name!
    Ange I too have a Roid! Darn childbirth! They are lil buggers hey!
    Cath Im keen to meet up too if you will have us!lol!
    Peta good luck on thursday! Hasnt 6 weeks gone so very quickly!
    Saffi maybe L just wants you near? Sorry but have no idea how to help!
    Sorry if i have posted over someone I started this over an hour ago!
    Hope everyone gets some sleep tonight!
    x
    Last edited by boomba; November 13th, 2007 at 06:41 PM. Reason: I was too slow at posting and a million pepole posted!

Saffi - Hope you have better luck with Lachlan tonight . Hopefully the bath settles him down tonight. Maybe he is just a bit unsettled at the moment and will be back to normal for you tomorrow.

Boomba - Wow, I am impressed with your personals!

Ahhh...what I'd give for a night off! I have been coping so well, but I'm just so tired tonight, I would give ANYTHING just to have a full, unbroken night's sleep...Oh well, that's motherhood for you. I wish your kids grew up appreciating all we have done for them!

Thanks Trish. I may have discovered the secret. After his bath I gave him a quick feed and he was starting to fall asleep.Got him off the boob quickly, swaddled him - which woke him up (was so scared at that point), but perserved and put him down, still awake. In the time it took to sterilise his dummy he was asleep. Amazing how small successes can pick u up!

Weighed at the clinic today and he has put on 150gr in a week. Now 3.3kgs! Feel good about that too.

Hi everyone.

Most of you I know from Belly Buddies, but to the others I don't know congratulations on your bubs and hope all is going well. My name is Terri and I had my little boy Mateo on the 25th October. I am a Brissy girl and a teacher normally but am loving being at home with my bub!

This is the first chance I've had to post as we have had visitors galore and this is the first week Mateo and I have had the house to ourselves. We had been going really well and Ithought I was one of the lucky ones who had a lovely, placid bub but on Friday we both caught a cold and the poor little fella has been miserable since. He is full of mucous and the only way he can get it out is to vomit it up. It's been really upsetting to see him so uncomfortable but today he pretty much slept all day and was breathing heaps easier so am hoping that means he is getting better. The good news is that he is still feeding beautifully and apart from the cold is otherwise a healthy, content little boy.

Trish - i hear ya on the sleep front!! I think my adrenalin from the excitement of having him has worn off as this week I have felt so, so tired!!!

Boomba - congrats on Myles gaining weight and being a healthy little bubba! It is a bit scary sometimes that this whole little person relies soley on you isn't it? Are you a Brissy girl? I used to do pregnancy yoga in West End on Wednesdays (Suzanne Swan, baby yoga) - is that where you do it? I would love to go back but it is expensive and now that we are living off one wage we are on a tight budget! :-)

Saffi - I really hope tonight is a better one for you. Do you think they just have off days sometimes? Last Monday Mateo wanted to fed every 1-2 hours for all of Monday afternoon, night and Tuesday morning and we couldn't put him down otherwise he would just scream and he wasn't hungry or windy or anything else. By Tuesday arvey he was fine and back to his 3-4 hour feeds and sleeping contently in between! All for no apparent reason! What I have found really great (especially since he has been sick) is to just keep him on me in the baby bjorn sling. He is as happy as larry and I can still get things done as I was finding having to walk around and sit with him for hours on end really frustrating.

Anyway, good to catch up on how everyone is doing and am looking forward to getting to know everyone else.

Here's hoping for a good night for all filled with at least a little sleep! :-)
    Terri. xoxo

Saffi - didn't see your post as had to feed half way through writing! Well done! Let's hope he stays like that now! xo

LizzysMum Guest

Hi,

Viv's Question Of The Day - Mothers Groups
    With Eliza I went to the local MCHN group like someone else mentioned where they meet for 6 weeks and cover a topic per week then after that you can keep meeting up if you like. It was good and I did enjoy some adult conversatio once a week. We moved away when Eliza was 6 months old and I never got into one here.
    This time I probably won't join one. I have afriend here who had twins on the 23rd Oct and another friend due in December so I will probably meet up with them, plus our cloth nappy group has about 3 pregnancies going at the moment so we have bubbas galore here.
    For first time Mums I think its a great idea, but if you don't like it or you don't click with your group then you can just ditch it. I did try a couple of Playgroups up here for Eliza when she was little but they were very clicky and I felt like an intruder so I didn't keep going.

Took the girls for a walk tonight in the double pram, very cute. Both are asleep for the first time in the evening since Amara was born. She is usually super festy now and screaming so I am enjoying the silence.

Night, sleepy vibes to all bubbas!

Have put some photos of Mateo in gallery. :-)

Leah have spoken to Craig and he said if we can arrange a meet up while we r up your way thats cool. IL's live at Tanilba Bay so might be able to catch up on way home. We leave VIC on 29th Nov....In Tanilba the 2nd and 3rd, driving back towards mums on the 4th..(so if we were able to visit it be the 4th).

The kids are OK in the car when they wanna be....thinking of leaving really late at night to take advantage of darkness and hoping they will sleep thru!!

Welcome Star (Terri) and Mateo - congrats on your little boy

Went to the dr this afternoon abt Maddi and James. James' cough is just his asthma so got to up the dosage on his puffers, he did have a low grade fever so usign Nurofen - give him a couple of days and hopefully he should settle down - though he is still awake coughing alot.

Maddi is now on a different formula - Novalac Reflux - from the chemist. Dr said sounds likes she has definite reflux with possible heartburn. But I also have to collect a urine sample and then go back in a couple of days. First feed went well and Maddi had no spews at all but the second feed took ages (over an hour) and she seems unsettled again although nowhere as bad.

Maddison did get weighed and she is 4.2kg and 58cm - just like her brother she is going to be tall.

Night Night mummies and babies - time to catch the zzzzzzzzzz's while Maddi does.

becky Guest

OK girls, very stupid question but.......How do you know if you have a hemmoroid without looking???
    Sorry if TMI!!!

Becky- There are different types, they can be internal or external. They are basically a varicose vein in your bum. They can vary in size from a tiny bubble to worm like i think.
    I guess i have one b/c it was a little painful to poo, and when i wiped there was a little bit of blood. If it is internal you cant feel or see anything. However i believe you would feel an external one. My GF says she pops hers back in now and then if it pops out?! i googled it and checked out a few! LOL
    Hope no-one is sitting at their computer eating. Sorry.

Now this is probably a one off, but i put L to sleep at 10pm and i had to wake her at 6.30am for a feed! My bazookas were killing me. Can you believe that???? She had her worst night sleep the night before and was unsettled all arvo, so must have worn herself right out. I feel on top of the world!
    I did wake at 4am in a panic and flew out of bed to see if she was still breathing.

To add to that great news, she has started smiling when you smile at her. V.Cool.

Hi Star. i love Mateo's name. Is that French? I met a guy called Matteo in France once.... Hope his cold is on the way out.

Re: Mothers group, the next one in this area starts in Jan, hopefully we wont be living here by then. But if we are i might sneak along to see how it goes. They do a resus course for babies, which i'd be interested in. I don't like my MCHN much though and i think she runs the first 6 weeks, so will see.....

Going for a wax today, can't bring myself to have the usual braz yet. Get the feeling it might hurt more after all the trauma down there lately?!

I have really shared this morn havn't i?

CatherineL Guest

ROFL - Um... that story about your friend Ange... was a bit much! Jks.. Did make me think twice about the sultanas in my ceral bowl. Could it not be a fissure?

yeah sorry! maybe it is a fissure, but i wasn't sure if they were painful or not.....

Hee hee! LOL at the popping in and out of the worm!!

Ange - am so envious of your night's sleep!! That's awesome! My husband is Italian so that's where my little man's name comes from. I find people either love it or hate it, but it suits him so we're happy with it. What is your little girl's name?

Brissy/GC girls - would love to catch up with bubs. A suggestion - there is a massive park in Logan where we take our kids to do cross country. There is a big playground for Mums with older kids as well and lots of nice shady trees etc. Kind of halfway for all of us?

Well, we had a great night's sleep last night. Mateo grizzled on and off pretty much from 7pm till 10ish which was fine cause I don't mind when we are both up and about anyway. Had a feed, went to sleep, woke at 2am and then 5am and is still sound asleep now - Yey!!! Feel 100% Amazing what a little sleep can do hey? :-)

If you have a fissure u will know about it! Trust me...i still have mine from when Chelsea was born. If it feels like ur trying to push razors outta ya butt...u more then likely have one!

HAd a good sleep last night. Jasmine went to sleep at 8pm and never woke til 2am for a feed! There was no way i was waking her at 10pm for a feed cos she is a bugger to get back to sleep!!

Star- Her name is Luella, but we often call her Falguni around these parts!

Sounds like it was a good sleeping night last night.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast