Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #4

That's what i was thinking Kim, that way we can arrange a day/time we can all meet-up.
    I know we live pretty close Kim but where does everyone else live?
    Ange i know you live around frankston.

amelia, if you havent opened the box you should be able to take it to where you bought it and swap it for the bigger size(which in the box is the crawler 6-11kgs) and just buy the littler packs of infant until he is in crawlers i think lachie is almost out of my huggies newborn and i will do the same cos i have a random spare box.

Kaylee's 6-week check = all GOOD !!
    weight = 4.65kg
    length = 55cm
    head circ. = 38.5cm
    She is spot on the average line for weight & height for girls her age, & just above the line for head circ.

Amelia Guest

misskate - I can't remember where I got them from!! I have already returned 2 boxes to get the infant packs. I think it is the one I got as one of my presents from my baby shower.

just take it back to anywhere all have same barcode noone would know.
    ps how many boxes did you get geez

goldilocks Guest

Hello Octo-mums and Octo-bubs!

Sorry I've been MIA...life has been incredibly hectic for the last couple of weeks and I haven't had a minute to get on the computer until now.

We took India away on her first mini-holiday, 3 days up the north coast...bliss for all of us! She travelled brilliantly and lurrrved being in the great outdoors...obviously takes after her Ma and Pa

We also had my Dad and brother come up from Melbourne to stay for about 10 days. They are infatuated with India and she was lapping up all the attention.

She is still putting on weight like a champion and has grown about 6cms in 4 weeks She's sleeping for 6+4 hours almost every night which is wonderful - doesn't sleep for more than a few hours during the day though so my hands are always full! She's been smiling and cooing for a couple of weeks - makes my heart melt every time

Anthony and I are loving being parents. India always has us in stitches...it's amazing how such a little person who doesn't speak and poos her pants 10 times a day can be so damn funny

And we're even back to DTD like rabbits! Geez, it was a long 4 weeks... LMAO

Great to see that everyone is doing well. I've got a lot of gossip to catch up on and plenty of Octo-bub photos to gawk at, so I'm off. I hope to be around more often and will attempt some personals soon!

mo - i can't believe maddi is 8 weeks already. where did all the time go???

i went to the gp today to see if we could get jj's cold sorted. got some baby drops and the little guy is sleeping... the doc seemed to think his sleep deprivation from waking up when his little snout gets blocked is what's wearing me out and making me resent feeding so much.

i have decided he's probably right. i'm still going to get a pump and start stock piling at least. i would like john to be able to feed him when it's necessary. so at least then mummy can go to the hairdressers or something...

catherine - that dr you suggested is fuggin awesome. worth every penny of that $58. he took as long as we needed and was very thorough. i feel 100% better just having confirmed my suspicions re: james with him. i told him you referred me. even john liked him, and that's a big ask, given both our dad's were doctors in their day, and he's a fussy hen about things like that.

i'm happy for him to be the baby's doctor, not sure if i'm down with having him as mine... yanno, that male doctor thing. *shivers*

Viv- Glad James is getting some rest so his sleep deprived mumma can catch some zzzzz's too, or at least have 5 min to herself! I don't "love" BF either. Don't get me wrong i love the fact i am able to feed her, but i don't feel all warm and fuzzy about it, and sometimes its a PITA. i feel like all i do is sit on the couch with my boobs hanging out asking for someone to bring me a glass of water. I guess the main reasons i persist are related to the fact i am lazy. boobs are easy and transportable and i don't have to sterilize them! But horses for courses.

Great to hear all is well with you and India Belle.

Peta- noice measurements, slightly larger than av head, gonna be smart!

Mo- I could do before chrissy if others were keen. Our business plans in Tassie have fallen through, poo to them! Not sure when we are heading off from here or where we are headed to. But if i'm around after chrissy love to catch up then too.

Can't remember what else....

Had OB checkup today. Mostly asked how everything was going, if i was coping, how she was feeding, is she putting on weight, am i doing PVE's, have i had intercourse, talked about contraception etc.
    i asked a few qn's. he thinks i likely fractured coccyx, (have previosly as a teenager) it's not unheard of with child birth, will heal with time.
    Asked how my stitches were, i said fine, all gone. So no internal, no more looking up hoohar, amen to that.
    He checked my tummy, poked around, said i had impressive muscles for someone who had just given birth! Noice. :P
    Checked BP.................. NORMAL yipee to that.
    Asked if i would do it all again! Ha.

Oh one other thing we talked about, i seem to have the feeling i need to pee when bladder is not full. Kind of like when you get a UTI. He said Bladder and uterus can get irritated when BF'ing, due to low eastrogen levels. Will resolve when BF stops.

Unsettled time is about over. 5-9pm ish. Every night for a while now. Wants to be held, wants boob, doesn't want boob, sucks a bit, squarks, sucks some more, squarks more. I bath her and she falls asleep between 9-10 for the night. DH has her as i type and watch that dance show.

Im good to meet up before Xmaz (as long as its after 6th Dec) im good for Tues, Weds and Thurs only tho....or weekends

Feeling really down and so upset. Mum called earlier to tell me our dog of 14 years had to be put down tonight. he had been coughing frothy stuff, dad raced him to the vet, poor thing couldnt breathe, and no matter what he was given never responded to drugs. Vet said dad could pay thousands but only expected him to live another 2 weeks maximum. Poor Bundy..RIP puppy
    Last edited by visitor1; November 15th, 2007 at 08:58 PM.

becky Guest

Oh poor you Kim. Losing a pet is devestating! My dog is 12 too, and pretty sick so Im dreading the time when he has to be put down too. Hugs.

I love FF too! Breast feeding has never been for me! My DS was FF from the beginning, and he is thriving! Never been sick either (oh sorry, he had a cold about 6 months ago - LOL) Thats it!
    And so far, Chels is growing like a little trooper too! I find there are many opportunitied to bond, without needing to BF! Trust me you guys who are switching, its not the end of the world!!!

Kim - so sorry to hear abt your puppy. I'm sending you lots of good vibe wishes to help you feel better.

On a selfish note......................................I have one thing to say............................ARRGHHH!!!!!!

Maddison was awake from 7pm - 12.30am last night - for the first time ever I had NO idea what was wrong, thankfully once asleep she slept to 6.44am had a bottle and is back to sleep.

Must dash - got to take James to school..

Ange glad your appointment went well, Hope your coccyx heals soon.

Viv i have no idea where the time went, Maddi goes for her 2 month vacinations next week.
    Glad you found a great baby doctor.

Kim sorry to hear about your dog, we had to get our little dog out down just afer Maddi arrived, he had this huge lump on his side, he couldn't walk right & was in pain.
    Would of cost thousands to fix him

Belle good to see you around again.

Peta Kaylee is almost catching up to Maddi with all of her stats. Glad the appointment went well.

As for the meet-up i'm fine for when ever you gals want to do it, i have no life lol.

Kim - I'm so sorry about your precious dog . I know how you feel, the dog I grew up with died just before I got married (he was 13) and I was devastated, it was just like losing a real person. At least you know he is no longer in any pain or discomfort.

Re: Vic meet-up, I'm in the eastern suburbs (Forest Hill/Nunawading) and I'm pretty flexible with days/times, it would be great to meet some girls from BB. Don't know how I'll go controlling Joel though!

Kieran got weighed yesterday and hadn't put on a lot of weight so I am getting him re-weighed next Wednesday. The MCHN wasn't terribly concerned as he is still above average for his weight and length. I took him in just before he was due for a feed and he had done a huge poo beforehand, compared to last week when he'd just had a good feed before being weighed. The nurse said that an empty tummy & bowels can make all the difference. She said not to worry, but just bring him in next week to be sure. I hope he puts some more weight on!

becky - I feel the same about my labour, its already a bit of a blur... I reckon the bfing has been harder!

Mo - early in the new year would be good for me too - I think I'm over the other side to every one else, I live in Tarneit

Kim - sorry to hear about the loss of your pet - I know how heart breaking it is

Tahlias unsettled period wasn't so bad last night, only lasted about 1hr compared to 3 hours from previous nights... I played the Sounds of Silence cd for her, and what do you know, she fell asleep! I hope it wasn't a coincidence!

Morning all

I am starting to feel like things are getting under control. Yesterday was a good day, I even managed to have a nap in the afternoon which is something that I haven't been able to do since coming home from hospital (long story). Wasn't long, maybe only an hour or bit longer, but big achievement for me.

We went out to the shops to do the grocery shopping last night. Didn't actually get to it as L started to scream and we decided to get out of there, but at least we went out, and were able to have our hamburgers in peace.

Overnight he slept from 9.30pm to 4am. DH says L was a little restless - not that I heard it.

It has only taken me 2 hours, 2 sets of clothes (L's not mine) and numerous feeds (breast, EBM, and a mouthful of formula) but have managed to get him to sleep.

Still only morning, but I have a feeling today will be a good day.

Kim - sorry to hear about your dog. I was devasted when my childhood dog died, but as everyone is saying at least he is at peace now and not in pain or suffering. I am sure you have many happy memories of Bundy.

I can barely remember the pain of the contractions or the birth. Now that I am pretty much healed, there isn't the constant reminder of the ordeal. What is putting me off having more kids is that actually parenting of a newborn. This isn't an experience I am keen to do again any time soon. But maybe in a year or two I will have forgotten this too (LOL).

Trish you know how ferel Chelsea is so between Joel and her im sure we will manage with a meet up!!!

lachlan just peed out of his nappy all over his cot and all over himself, those of you ladies who had girls.... your lucky

My girls are experts! Chelsea was the pee'er...Jasmine is the pooper!!

No gender is safe Kate :P How funny tho..LOL

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast