Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #5

Trish - in Kierans wake time, what do you do to entertain him? what type of 'play' activities do you use?

Kellie- heat puts a spanner in the sleeping works doesn't it?! I tried not swaddling her, but she woke herself up. I put her on a blanket on the floor on her tummy for a sleep today and she slept much better, mainly because her hands couldnt move as easily i think. Yay for the cool change.

Cath- fab news about oversupply of milk! You good cow you. Bummer abou the thrush still hanging around? Anything more they can do? Are you treating your nipples as well as her mouth? Meant to ask you, how come they didn't notice your tear after you had Ro? Was it internal?

Amber- love the pic of myles grinning, he is just gorgeous!

Nic- the smiles melt your heart don't they. Lu only smiles in the mornings! Not an evening gal apparently.

Saffi- i keep thinking i should go to bed when L does at about 7, but then i find getting up twice is psychologically much harder than staying up until 10pm feed then going to bed. I am not very good at getting up in the night!

Rebecca- Play time activities. talking to her, a walk outside, tummy time, read a book (Sometimes i read the book i am reading out loud to her!), propped up on a pillow by the window (She loves the trees),
    Lu has days kind of like you described. She's not happy anywhere except with me, but i find those days come and go.

Saffi and Trish- WTG on working out the cries, they all sound the same to me. Except when i dipped her feet in the cold pool, there was definately a different cry! Cruel Mum i am.

Kellie - It's hard to think of things to do with such a young baby! I spend some time with him on my lap after a feed because he needs to be upright for a while and I talk to him, then I put him on the floor with one of those A-frame play gyms that has toys hanging down over him. He likes to look at the toys and tries to reach out to them. I have a musical toy that I put in front of him for tummy time and he seems to like it. Sometimes I put him in his rocker and take him outside while I hang out the washing so he can look around. Sometimes we just sit outside or we go for a walk in the pram (but this usually leads to sleep time!).

I was told when Joel was a baby that little babies like to look at basic black and white things, like you could get a paper plate and draw a simple face on it in black texta. Kieran and my friend's 8 week old bub both like to look at the picture frames hanging above our couch, it's really weird! Sorry, I'm getting off the track with the topic!

Ange - Most cries sound the same to me too! I can just work out what they mean because his little body clock is in a nice routine. So when he wakes at the three hour mark I know he is hungry, when he has been awake for an hour or so and grizzles, I know he is tired. There is no mistaking when he is in pain and needs a burp though! How good is this cool change? I hope you guys get a great sleep out of it tonight.

Trish - seem to have a routine. During the night she sleeps straight after a feed. Seems only during the day she is hard to settle. I use infacol drops with her - great for getting burps up. But might try that one you suggested! If it doesnt contain the same ingredient anyway - LOL
    Catherine - I do keep her upriht for about 20 mins after a feed. But she wakes everytime I try to put her down again. Thanks for the thought/suggestion tho!
    Think I just have to learn to understand her cries!

Time for a new thread!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789