Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #6

OK im going to bed now.. hmm 1.20am....ah well!!

Have alot to do today. Buying food for Chelsea's party tmrw (Sat), MCH check up, hanging the millions of butterflies i have for the girls rooms, folding washing...the list goes on!!

Hmm im glad Chels is at FDC or id get nothing done!!

Man you guys were up late last night! I went to bed at 8pm! I have a shocking headache though so I wanted to be unconscious for an hour before the 9pm feed. Didn't work, Joel kept chanting at the top of his lungs (his nightly ritual) and that kept waking up Kieran. Still have the headache this morning, but it is less intense than last night. Must drink LOTS today.

Saffi - The book I use is called "On Becoming Baby Wise". My sister and I had great sucess with the methods in the book with both our first sons and lots of friends have had it work for them too. The book has had some criticism because of the author's very "black & white" views on other parenting styles, but if you ignore those and just use his routine methods you can't go wrong. He recommends controlled crying which I can't bring myself to do, I prefer to settle Kieran than let him cry for too long. The book basically says that if you wake bub 3 hourly for feeds during the day and let them have a little wake time afterwards, then a nap, bub will fall naturally into that routine and then sleep through at night. It really does work. I have a summary of the book in a Word document (my sister typed it out so we wouldn't have to read the whole book again with our bub #2s) and if you would like a copy of it, PM me your email address and I will forward it to you.

Kellie - Wow, that is fantastic weight gain! Well done on doing such a fantastic job!!

Boomba - How awesome that Myles is sleeping through the night for you! What a good boy!

Kim - I used the QV products with Joel when he was a bub and they worked well. I'm actually just using baking soda in the water at the moment because that is great for dry skin. Might look out for that Gaia stuff though.

We got our Medicare cards a couple of days ago and they mispelt Kieran! They spelt it with an "en" at the end. Not a big deal, but I will get them to fix it I think. My dad rocked up unexpectedly last night to meet his new grandson which was nice. I haven't seen him or spoken to him since the start of the year and didn't even think to tell him I'd had a bub! My sister must have told him, but he was unaware that my sister had her bub last week! How hopeless is our family?! LOL!

Im up birght an early...530 today....Miss Jasmine was cooing for cuddles. Only 7 hours over night..not 8..dammit!!

We got our cards the other day to Trish...im a nazi on spelling so thats the first thing i checked!
    Your family sounds like ours. I never told my sis id had Jasmine (only cos we had not spoken since Feb when she told me i was stupid for having another baby and that i wouldnt know how to raise a child etc) so mum told her....but then between mum and dad they stuffed up all her details. According to them i had a Girl named Yasmin, she was 4 kg, 58cm long...hmmmm...Way off the correct details of Jasmine, 3.5 kg and 52 cm long!

"Only 7 hours over night..not 8..dammit!!"...ahem!
    Our families are sadly sounding similar Kim! Yours sound like they had a game of Chinese Whispers! I have no problems with my dad, but he was never in my life growing up, (I saw him for the first time in 9 years at my sister's wedding) so it never occurs to include him in my life now. We are always happy to see each other, but don't go out of our way either.

CatherineL Guest

I checked on the bottle - it's almond oil with certified lavender. You can get Gaia from priceline, supermarket and I even sore it at a chemist the other day. I have there whole range... I even have the travel sizes for my nappy bag (which are great because you can just keep refilling them). The only one that's just sitting there is the baby shampoo one... I have just been washing her hair with the bath water with the bath stuff in it. I'm not sure if it was mentioned before, but it's all natural too.

Becky - My friend Mel whos little girl had to have a brace on always wore pretty dress and stuff... Her mummy even had a special little seat for her... a square of foam - and she was so cute sitting on it.

Trish - I also read that book.

For the meetup - Can we make it just one time either 10.30 or 11. I mean if someones running a little bit late that's np, but if we are meeting outside the cinemas or something - I hardly want to be waiting there for half an hour or more.

i read the same book Trish and Cath, it was the book that mysteriously arrived in the post for me one day....

I still only use water on Lu, but also have the Gaia stuff. There is another all natural range called Moogoo that i have heard great stuff about. Think it is available online.

Heading off to Queenscliff today for the music festival this weekend, it will be Lu's first camping trip. Hope she doesn't wake everyone!

Amelia Guest

Catherine - We can make it one time that is fine!! What time ever suits you ladies that have to travel??

Ange - DH grew up on the border on VIC and NEW at Corowa and he use to go to the festival every year he was saying and wanted to go this year but didn't want Rhys waking everyone up around us in tents!! Lol...

Just quickly popping in - have read thru everything - will try to comment

ATM we aren't using any creams on Maddi's bum, there's been no redness but I do have Sudocrem on hand if needed. Question though??? - I don't use baby powder cos I've heard that you shouldn't use it in the nappy if you have a girl, has anybody else heard this???

Maddi's routine has changed again and now she has last bottle around 9.30/10pm, goes to sleep and wakes around 3.30am, quick feed - refuses to burp - back to sleep till 6/7am. During the day she feeds every three hours and has the majority of her wake time in the evening before her last bottle, though she still is the queen of power napping through the day unless I cuddle her heaps for an extra sleep.

Becky and Kim - I've got my fingers crossed for both of your girls....I really hope and pray that everything is OK

In the bath I use the Johnson's Blue Baby Bath or the white bottle moisture bath - although all this talk abt the Gaia range has me tempted to go and purchase the whole range - I saw it available at Coles the other day.

Been feeling rather carppy for a couple of days, aching legs, heavy chest and then I started to get a fever (38.5) and chills took myself off to the dr's and guess what I've got Bronchitis........can't believe it my body is so achey that it is hard to hold Maddi!!!!

Can't remember what else I wanted to comment on - am sending SS pressie today this arvo. Don't mean to be so slack regarding personals....hopefully back on track in the next couple of days.'

Have a great 'voting' weekend gals.....thank heavens for the cooler weather......

Brissy/GC girls - is 10.30am too early? Thanks for ur mobile no Cath,that way if we move on and someone comes along late they can find us. I'll go with whatever is decided.

Trish - will PM u

Bath products - I'm still using the free samples I got in things like the Bounty Bag. Talk about cheap-skate!!! I do use J&J baby sorbolene for his dry skin, seems to work well.

Last night DH and I decided we wanted to go out for tea. We fed and bathed L and loaded him into the car. We drove around all over the place for ages until he was asleep, got to the place, about to take the capsule out of the car and he woke up and poo'ed his nappy. That put an end to our dinner plans! Probably a bit premature to do that anyway.... We couldn't decide where to go as we wanted somewhere baby friendly, or at least where our baby wouldn't disturb others if he cried. DH refused to go to Sizzlers! Have been out to lunch once with L and he slept right through. Maybe day times are better at this stage. We used to go out for dinner at least once a week so this is a major change to our lifestyle.

DH and I are off to a community education session on babies in the first 9 weeks today. Hopefully will meet some other new mums (and dads) as well as learn what we are to expect.
    Last edited by Saffi; November 23rd, 2007 at 10:19 AM.

CatherineL Guest

Aren't we meant to get a bounty bag when we have the baby? I didn't get squat!

10.30 isn't too early for me, but I don't have that far to travel.

Ursula, Yep, that's true about the baby powder, I'm not using it in her nappy... but might put some under her arms and neck if it was a bit sweaty... but still have to be carefull of them breathing in the particles. Poor you with the Broncitis - Hope you get better soon!

Ange - Have fun at the festival you lucky duck... You lead one pretty exciting life!

Ok, I have another question... Is anyone elses baby's hair falling out? Ro is missing a big patch on her temple (doesn't even sleep on that side) and it's thining through the top...

becky Guest

Thanks guys. Thinking about you at your appointment today Kim

Im posting my SS pressie today too!

Saffi - I've forwarded it on to you, hope it helps! If you have any questions, let me know.

Kim - Oh yeah, hope your appointment goes well today!

Catherine - I didn't get a bounty bag either when Kieran was born. Ripped off!! That means we miss out on the third one too because you get a voucher to take to Target to get the third one

Ange - Have fun at the music festival! We love Queenscliff, our friends have a cabin there and we stay with them on weekends throughout the year, lovely place! We are all surfers so it's hard to keep us away from the beach.

Ooooo Trish, i surf too. Maybe we can go for a paddle one day!

Saffi- hope who ever that is gets off your back. Bellybelly is not really the place for personal attacks.

In the second bounty bag, given to me in hosp there was a booklet with a voucher to redeem the third bounty bag from Target.....

ETA- I used to go water skiing at Corowa every christmas Amelia, love it up there. We camped on the vic side, Ganthem point from memory.

Ursula- hope you get better quickly!
    Last edited by Junglemum; November 23rd, 2007 at 10:53 AM. Reason: added and changed wording.

Gees that was harsh - hope they never come back again.

Huge hugs Saffi

Feeling bummed...my appointment was cancelled cos the nurse called in sick...so i have arranged a new appointment for Monday at 1130 with a different clinic.

Definitely way harsh, sorry you had that happen Saffi

Bummer Kim, it's so annoying when that happens!

Ange - I would love to go for a paddle one day! It has been an awfully long time since I've been out in the water.

Good morning all!
    Yet again another crappy night. She is sleeping alright during the night - every 4 hours or so. But come daylight - she just doesnt sleep at all. She has now been awake (and pretty much constantly crying) since 515 am! I have run out of ideas on how to get her to sleep - right now she is just wrapped up in her cot with her dummy crying. Is that bad?? Am I a bad mum?? I know she is clean and dry and she has just finished a feed and isnt interested in playing. I have cuddled her to death for the entire morning. Any suggestions? I am getting ready to load her in the car I think. Outside it is 37 degrees already! Oh my house is completely AC at around 24-25 degrees all day and night!

Ha Trish, it's been a long time for me too. Kinda hard to paddle with a bump! I am nooooo Layne Beechley, just love having a go! Prob wont even be able to catch a wave anymore i'm that unfit! Might also be a while before my wetsuit fits! LMAO

Rebecca- Can you walk around the loungeroom with her inthe pram. No you are not a bad mother at all. Sometimes babies just cry, who needs a reson when you are only a few weeks old. Hope she calms down. Have you tried some music? If she is getting you agitated with her crying then putting her down is probably best, i am sure L can sense if i get stressed and it makes her more agitated. Sorry thinking and typing, not very organised thoughts!

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast