Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October - December 2005 #19

Hello - I echo what you have all said about yesterday - It s just so lovely to see the kids all play together.

Sorry about Tori and her tanty (s) she is a real terrible 2 at the moment.
    Charlotte had fallen asleep by the time i got in the car! She has a black eye today so poor child care is going to think we are beating her or something!

i am at work today and have nothing to do coz we have no phone yet so just spending a day on the internet i think! And getting paid to do it!

Kristie- glad to hear you got your car sorted out

Tracey - do you think you are nesting - to be cleaning after sucha big day you must be!
    What colour did jamie paint liams room?

Rachael - i still dont have your mobile number so you missed out on the invite for this sunday - its going to be at bayswater park between 11.30 and 1.30 ish. my mob number is 0410 495 570

Nikki - tori woke when we got home yesterday saying whats wrong with channy?? (she was crying when we were waling bakc to the car and that must be her last memory of her)

OK, better go pretend to work.....

See you tonight kristie

well we had a great TT morning this morning. We went to playgroup in undies and had NO accidents. I took him twice to the toilet, he only went once but thats ok, he obviously didnt need to go when we were leaving. I even managed to get to the shops afterwards and then he went when we got home. He loves the stickers from his "my potty book" he thinks he is the bees knees putting the sticker on the chart.
    I had to put undies over his nappy when i put him to bed this afternoon as he kept wanting to wear them. Although he is normally dry from his afternoon sleep I just dont trust him yet. ( I should have more confidence some times I think)

Cindy OMG a black eye, poor little darling. I am sure daycare have seen plenty of them. Its terrible when the hurt themselves so badly. How cute is Tori asking about Chantelle...... they are really best buddies those 2, its gorgeous. Dont stress over the tantis, they all do them. Jamie painted a blue feature wall in Liams room and the rest of the walls are the cream like the rest of the house.

Krisite i cant beleive Louis didnt sleep.... Jordan was knackered. Glad Dylan did for you though. Bummer about the car overheating. Its nice the people let you get some water, nice people do exist sometimes.

Nikki its great Corey was so excited over his new books. I hope you got to spend some time looking thru them with him when the babies went to bed. Your idea of dinner in lygon st sounds good to me.

My brother and his fiancee came over last night to tell us they are pregnant. She is 16 weeks. I am happy for them but not sure how they will go......time will tell. My brother is very selfish and she is unstable at the best of times. Mum is a little worried but I guess we will have to wait and see how it goes.

Take care
    XX

tracey sometimes having a little bub to take care of and love and nurture can bring out the best in a person.a parent soon learns that they have to be selfless and comes quite naturally as they see there little baby is so dependant.they certainly have to put themselves down the line and baby comes first.as for your SIL she will hope fully manage fine now that she has something so important to focus on,wow at keeping the secret to themselves for so long,that would take alot of wilpower,your mum is going to be a busy nanna now isnt she.

Hi!

Had a big day yesterday heading into the city to sell tbs at an office...was worth it though which is good!
    Had mg dinner last night which was great! Cindy, I'm so glad you could make it! It was definitely a good gas bag with everyone! Can't say I feel that great this morning after such spicy/creamy food last night though - LOL!

Off to go shopping today for Dylans b'day and some new clothes for Louis...also need to do a super food shop - we have nothing in the house! In saying that I would love to just spend the day at home but oh well...I will be doing that tomorrow as Lea's coming around with Lachlan to spend the day cos they're getting there kitchen ripped apart...

Cindy - Don't worry about Tori's tantrum - god Louis has rippers like that all the time - he just turns it on when we're out so everyone thinks he's an angel - LOL!!!!

Tracey - LOL at putting undies over his nappy! How cute! I'm glad he likes the sticker book!!
    Wow at your brother & his f being p/g! Gosh - there's not way I could keep a secret that long! hehe. Hopefully they do a great job...I must say I had thoughts like that with a friend and they've been amazing parents...I'm sure all of my family thought the same of Michael & I when we got p/g...I think we surprised a lot of people...so maybe they will too!

k...poo-ee better go and change Dylans bum! LOl!..Chat later!

Quote Originally Posted by nicole mckay View Post
    ...they certainly have to put themselves down the line and baby comes first....
    geez i wish all of the parents in my house had figured that one out. like when theres only enough milk for one breakfast - so he eats his and then sends me down the shops as theres no milk for Milo
    Last edited by Pandora; April 11th, 2008 at 09:18 AM.

Rachael - I'd be sending him down the shop if he finished it!!!!! Cheeky bugger...hehe. Guys need to be given a boot up the backside sometimes...

guys i really hope my brother and fiancee do turn out to be good parents.
    Jordan had a great TT day with his nanny today. only 1 accident. He did have 2 when we got home though but oh well.
    Feeling exhausted today cant wait to get into bed.

HI All!

Tracey - I seen that you mentioned that you have a "My potty Book". We have one of those too. My SIL sells them through Learning Ladder. I think the book is great. got to read it more often to Benjamin I think.

Nikki - I hope you can handle having 5 kids at home?

Rachael - I hope Milo's finger is healing nicely and hasn't got infected?

Kristy - Got a phone call from the head of the hospital. She is now on my case regarding my mis-given infromation via the doctors. She wasn't impressed with the way I have been treated and has sent my records to be reviewed by another doctor who is some sort of big wig when it comes to gyno's here in QLD. He's based in Ipswich and is willing to come up here for a few hours to work out what has actually happened. We are hoping that we can still have another child. We won't know until the doctor see's us in the next few weeks. The head of the hospital wants to sit in on the review also, which I'm more than fine with as she has been so helpful in getting things to be sorted out. If they are still uncertain about things I hope they do some scans too.

Benjamin is our little heavy weight now. He's hit 19.5 kgs. He seems to be getting taller by the day too.

Melissa

Melissa WOW Benjamin is a big boy. I am glad the hosptial is looking into your case and that you might get some real answers.

Well today Jordan did #2 on the toilet, a real breakthru as we have only really been catching the end of them but today he sat there and did one, DH was so rapted. I was at work when he did it but Jordan told me all about it when I got home LOL
    He has been really good today, no accidents at all.

4 weeks of work left YEAH and counting. I have midwife app on monday which is good. I want to ask her about this low and heavy feeling i am experiencing. I dont remember feeling like this with Jordan. I am also getting a few BH at the moment.

Jamies friend had her baby on thursday night, so excited. We are going in to see her tomorrow.
    Cindy I wont be able to make Charlottes bday party, I am so sorry. I always seems to miss your parties........one day we will make it. I hope you have an awesome afternoon and Charlotte has a good time.
    Take care everyone
    XX

Well what a big day yesterday! Charlottes birthday was good fun even though it was freaking cold and wet, we hada good turn out though. Thanks for dropping in Kristie, sorry you didnt make it tracey and Nikki...
    We had a massive icecream cake which CHarlee took a hige chunk of home, she loved it the little cutie!
    We were all totally worn out afterwards though and we ALL had a sleep when we got home which was great and much needed by all. We even managed to DTD, i mentioned to al that if we had of had condoms it could have been a chance for it and to my surprise he popped into the bathroom and came back with a packet he has had stashed for a few weeks, the poor guy, it only took 12 months!

I have been rather emotional at the moment about charlotte turning 1 it was sucha scary time leading up to her birth with al lthe worry about the placenta and i look ather and she is such a perfect little bub! I am sooo lucky. We cpoke about more kids last night and have decided that its undecided... will talk about it again once wehave been in the new house 12 months and see whats happening. The hard thing for me is that i really want to do my midwifery study and i dont want to do it when i have LITTLE bubs and put that stress on myself as well, as it is something would have to give - either tupperware or work.. I just want to get on with it all.

Oh, als SIL just announced their pregnancy - they are due end of October! All these bubs popping out at the moment got us talking.

ok, i will check in later, i have sooo much to do today and playgroup as well which takes half my day away.

Cindy - I'm glad the party went well. Sorry I didnt mage to get there had a morning of it with trying to bake while Milo was being velcro boy and managed to barely get to the party on time.
    Neil took him to the werribee zoo while I was gone so they had lots of fun.

Melissa - Milo's finger doesnt seem to be infected, and a lot of the swelling has gone down but it still looks a bit strange, so I think next time we go to the doctors I will ask about it.

better go do some work..

Cindy I am glad Charlottes party went well and I am sorry I missed it (specially the ice cream cake ) Its a little emotional when you think of your bubs growing up. YEAH on DTD I can only imagine how realxed you felt afterwards. WOW at thinking of possibly extending the family. Its nice to know there is a possibilty at some point.

Rach LOL at Milo being velcro man. Sometimes I think Jordan still has his umbilacle cord attached. Glad Neil and Milo had a good time at the zoo.

well had midwife app today and looks as though Liam might be a big boy. I am measuring 38cm, 3 cm bigger than where we are at. She said there isnt anything to worry about at this stage however if I continue to grow bigger then they will do a size scan to see if I can attempt VBAC. They wont let me trial labour if bubs looks as though he is over 9pound 2 ounce (hospital policy). So at the moment I am hoping I can still get my vaginal birth.
    Liam heads is also still high up (poss the reason for my larger measurement) so I have no misgivings that he will arrive early. This is good as I am no where near ready. I dont even have maternity pads yet ( how bad am I? )
    Jordan has done really well with TT these past few days.We are certainly getting there. I cant beleive how grown up he is getting. He is talking constantly although sometimes he is hard to understand.
    Cant wait to finish work, so over it. only 19 days to go.....
    XX

That sux Tracey, which hospital is that with?
    Later gestation u/s are notoriously unreliable for size predictions. My doctor actually stopped using them routinely when they did a c/s based on the u/s prediction of a 10lb bub who was born weighing just over 7lb.

tracey dont get too worried just yet,racheal is right,i have heard that storey so many times where bub is measuring large but is infact smaller than predicted.Good luck!
    cindy that is exciting to think that you still might have another baby,i hope you do but i can understand that feeling of just wanting to get on with your life without small babies to take care of.
    im glad cha cha had a good birthday,what a dilemna it was for me,grant took corey to footy (his first game) and it was out woop woop,about an hour later we were all ready and packed to come and what do you know i had no car! grant took my car and left me the ute and of coure i cant get me and 3 kids in the ute and i had no car seats,i wanted to ring you but my mobile was in my car with grant,i tried to ring him so he could get your number to let you know what had happened but my phone was switched off so i couldnt even talk to him.GGrrrrrr!
    corey has been really sick since sun night,he has been struggling with a migraine and vomiting and fever,he has picked up a bit this morning but i have had to take the day off work to look after him.
    i can see the releif in his face that the worst is ovwer,it really was terrible for him the poor thing.now i am bracing myself to see if it travels through the rest of us!
    we had a great time sat night at the 70s party we got sooo drunk.we danced heaps,it was the best party i have been to for ages.we got some photos and we looked so funny.when i get a chance i will uplaod and put it in my ticker.
    nikki

did you hear that an e-bay auction for wiggles tix was pulled, the person was asking $2K for tickets!!!
    My team leader has asked me to see if I can track down 2 for him at face value..i dont like his chances

omg 2k gosh was it a joke,i mean honestly who would pay that much,gee if someone was willing to pay that much i wont be going and will sell them for 1k......HEHE!

well we have had a wet morning today..... went to GF to get hair cut and Jordan wet himself 3 times OOPS. He hadnt even drunk a lot this morning but I think he doesnt fully empty his bladder when he goes so can go within 1/2 hr of the last one. Hoping we have a drier afternoon now we are home.

Nikki glad you had a nice night at your 70s party Hope Corey is feeling better too.

Rach I have been reading that the size scans are unreliable but how can I say that to them?????? I think I am going to have to go with whatever they advise. I guess it only matters that he comes out safely, not the way he comes out.

Hope everyone is well, must be all busy, or have more of a life than me LOL
    only 3 weeks of work left THANKGOODNESS

We have had a drier today today, thank goodness. No accidents so far, touch wood.
    Playgroup was good today however I was SO UNIMPRESSED to find one of the kids drawing all over Jordan with a black texter, on his new wiggle top. Luckily it has all come out in the wash. I thought she was just touching him but when I went over he had texter everywhere.
    I am a little tired today so thinking a nanna nap is in order.
    3 weeks left off work after this week thankgoodness.
    Wardrobe for Liam is being done Monday, finally and then I can get all Jordans old clothes out. I cant wait to go thru it all, wash and put in away ready for him.
    Still havent organised a bag for us though for hospital. Dont even have maternity pads yet, oh well. I am sure I will get them eventually LOL
    Take care everyone
    XX

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast