Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October - December 2005 #2

MIssy - I became vego when I was about 15 after watching a horrible documentary! hehe. I just decided I didn't want to eat meat after that - I don't eat red meat, chicken or fish...
    My dh is a big meat eater and I'm not fanatical about it - I can cook it and I actually love the smell of it cooking! hehe.
    I've always said if I felt like eating it again I would but I haven't yet....
    I cook pretty yummy vego meals (even dh's favourite is my vegie lasagne!) so definitely don't feel like I'm missing out.
    Louis eats meat and veggie stuff so I figure he's getting the best of both worlds..I would never push it onto my kids as I didn't make the decision until I was 15 and it was my own decision...

Saying that, I just called up the dr for my test results - no diabetes - woohoo! but surprise surprise my iron is low!! I better pick up some tablets today!
    When not p/g my iron levels are always really good but I also had really low iron by the time I was at the end of p/g with Louis....mind you I think that happens to heaps of people - not just vego's!

Kristie - Sorry to hear your iron levels are low. Great news about not having diabetes, one less thing for a busy Mummy to have to worry about! *L* I still remember the blood tests when pregnant and being told I had really low iron too. *snorts* Seriously, if you saw me eat my half-a-cow-sized rump steak you wouldn't think that! hehe Your vegetarian lassagne sounds lovely!

Missy - oh I hear you hon! I keep looking at Maddy and wanting to wail 'where's my baby gone?'. She's SO grown up now. Miss Independant and although I'm loving how she interacts now, not enjoying the temper tantrums already! *eek* Have you got the Elmo phone for Callum? Maddy adores it, although much like your little man, nothing is a substitute for the real thing!

Yael - Best of luck for speaking to your Mum about leaving uni and needing her help paying for the course. Good on you for chosing to do something that you're interested in - plus your husband will love you for the massages! *winks* Hope your Mum is ok with it for you. *giggles* Everytime I see that ticker photo of DA it cracks me up.

RayRay - that working plan sounds awesome. It would be great to have 6 months off at half pay to have another baby. 32 sounds so old and far away when you're our age, but I guess there are so many women out there having their 1st babies at around 36, so we're not too far gone! *L* I always promised myself I'd have both my children by the time I was 30, but I think that's because when my Mum was 30 she'd had all 5 of us!

Meg - good luck at work today hon! Hope it's not too busy and tiring. Sorry to hear that Coco has been waking up, but that must be a good thing if she's re-settling herself and not needing you to pick her up. Only 3 weeks from yesterday til I'm in Sydney. OMG. The white sauce recipe is really easy - I got it from the recipe section on here. I just add in chopped onions, a little grated cheese, some seeded mustard and there you go.

Sarajo - I hear you on the separated at birth thing. Sometimes I feel like I've known you a lot longer than I actually have. Sorry to hear you've been so emotional about not getting the BFP this cycle. It's great that you can tell Don how you're feeling though. How are your wounds healing since the stitches fell out?

Krisvee- cool about the vegie. I eat alot of vegie food. Have you tried nutmeat and nutolean. My parents are 7 day adventist so we are alot of vegie meals when young as they never use to eat alot of meat. but they do now. Good for you on letting your children make up their own minds. Glad your test results are fine. I get mine back in 2 days so ill ring dr on friday.

Beckyyyyy - I know how you feel. Its sad in some ways but exciting to see them doing so well and being their own person. No I dont have a elmo phone as we tried to get it as close to ours as we could. There siver and we have a purple one but still nope Ill have the real one thanks mummy. lol

Well bbl

OMG!!! My mum just said she would pay the 3k for me to do it.. and possible another 3k for me to do the continuation so i can be even more qualified!!!

I can't believe it, so excited!! I start this Monday, so better take all the forms down there

of course, she does thing that i'm going to go back and fdo another uni subject 2nd semester.. wait until i tell her i'm pregnant again, oh, and i discontinued and *forgot* to mention it...she will go ape, but i would rather put it off for 4 months.. and hopefully she will see that i'm sucessful at massage and forget about uni.. I can make at least $65 per hour at the moment, and around $95 per hour if i do the further qual - thats a lot, more than i would ever make with a degree!

Congrats yael..well done!!!!

Sounds great Yael!

Rach - that is how you pronouce my name btw

Its biblical, although in Christian bibles would probably be written Jael, and they use J for the Hebrew letter Y

Congrats Yael!! I hope it all goes well for you!!

Hello all

For those who have MSN and want to add me my Address is
    [email protected]

Look forward to chatting

I tell you, stop talking so much girls!!!! There is way to much to read every time i get on here. its great though.

Well done Yael on being abl to do the massage course. I also havnt said congrats for the pregnancy yet either so CONGRAULATIONS!!! i hope you are feeling good.

Tracey - how is the dancing going??

Nikki - that day stay sounds like a great idea. How are you going with things at the moment? Be sure to yell out if you need a hand at all. I am more than happy to help out however i can.
    Have you found out about the house?

Not much has been happening for me since i last posted, i am at work today and so cant be bothered, i am so tired today from my massive last couple days and all i want to do is curl up in a corner and sleep, or eat chocolate!!!
    HMMMM chocolate!!!

Oh don't mention chocolate Cindy...I'll want it!! I haven't had any in a few months! (well other than Milo anyway...hehe)

Hey Cindy... Alot of talking..i keep the page open all day and check now and then...the only way to keep up with everything...lol

Missy- I think i am going to have to do that when we move and i dont have to share the computer!!

Nikki- i forgot to mention that the PPP classes are fantastic and i hope you get something out of them. My sister is qualified to take those classes and is actually looking for work doing so at the moment. let me know if you have any questions and i am sure she will be morethan happy to help out. its a real kind of passion for her and has worked really well with her 5yo lately!! Good luck with it.

hi all, have had comp probs but all fixed now..will be back later for personals..ben are i kinda sorted it out..he is away now for a week, so peace and quiet here..but am very convinced i'll have bub while hes gone..we'll see..

Glad to have you back Christie! Also relieved to hear that you & Ben have sorted out your issues.

Now, keep those legs of yours crossed and that baby girl in your belly until her Daddy gets back!

ok well tonight i went to Jazz class and it was fantastic. I really enjoyed it. I think I am going to ditch the hip hop and take up tap instead. That way I am only out 1 night a week instead of 2. And I CAN DO THE SPLITS

Nicole i buy my corned beef from coles, cook it from about 1 in a slow cooker. I add onion, vinger, garlic to the water, Bring it to boil and then simmer until you are ready to eat. I cook it on tuesday from 1.30-6.30 and it fell apart on the fork it was devine.
    Cindy glad to hear all is progressing well with the pregnancy. Not long till you move into new house
    Yael congrats on taking up the new course.

Sorry cant do anymore personals I am off to bed. So tired and I think that I will pay for all the stretching etc as my muscles are already starting to hurt

Chat tomorrow

Hi!

Just got back from visiting mum at the hospital..she's looking a bit better today..she thinks she'll be home Fri so thats good...
    I'm so buggered from being out so much! I had a physio appointment this afternoon that was basically a waste of time - she didn't even do anything!!! grrr. I think I'm probably better off booking in somewhere for a p/g massage...

Christie - Hi! Hope bubba stays put for you!

Tracey - Yeah on the jazz class - woohoo for doing the splits! I was at the PIL at christmas and they all bet me I couldn't do them still (I knew I could) I showed them (mind you I was like 24 weeks p/g! hehehe) Sounds like a good idea being out one night - tap is so much fun - it keeps your legs nice and toned as well! Hope your not too sore tomorrow!

Goodnight!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast