Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October - December 2005 #20

Hi!

Had a pretty cruisy day today...babysat my nephew for a few hours - the boys were all so good and played nice! He's not really on the move so he's easy to entertain - LOL!
    Had people through the house and now just vegging really - I can't be bothered doing anything...
    They just had a countdown of 90's songs so we just had a party disco before the kids went to bed - hyped them up well and truly (and MIchael and I as well - LOL) but it was fun!

Tracey - Thats great your getting some sleep and rest in! I'm sure Jordan will settle soon - it's a huge adjustment for him to make...Sounds like you've got everything well and truly under control - that's great!
    eta: slept 12-5 and then went back to sleep?????????? When I visit can you talk to this bub in my tum and tell him that I'd like some sleep like that! LOL!!! I don't think I've ever had a baby sleep that much through the day! Heheheheh.

I can make it out that Wednesday as well...but wouldn't be until probably around 1pm after Louis has kinder...Let me know if that suits you guys??

Cindy - Wow at Al talking about bubba 3!! How exciting - is that what you want though? I've been talking more and more about no.4 so Michael knows I'm serious but he is dead against at the moment...I'm really not sure he'll change his mind...still we've got plenty of time for that - LOL!!!!!
    We're hoping to get our settlement dates somewhat even so we don't have to move in somewhere in the meantime - I think it would kill me to move so much - LOL!
    Hmmm parties...no not really...I'm just finalising a few bits and pieces really and then I'll refocus...I've just been so sidetracked lately I haven't been doing anything...I think once we know what we're doing I can get a bit more organised and know what I'm doing...in saying that I'll be finishing up in Oct anyway for at least 6 months while I have bubs...I feel like I rushed into it a bit too much after having Dylan so will hold off until bubs isn't relying to heavily on my boobs! I'll still be taking orders just won't be doing parties though...
    Would be great for you to head up on holiday later in the year! Wow at Nikki heading on holiday next week...gosh I can't even remember what a holiday feels like - LOL! Oh well...plenty of time for that later on! I think we'll be mostly camping for a number of years - especially after spending so much on a new house - hehe - but that's heaps of fun as well!

Rachael - Hope you feel better soon! Thats awful! Yeah at everything finally happening with your house papers! Woohoo!

Well, off to look at a couple of houses tomorrow that have "potential" and are on full blocks so we shall see...I'm kind of looking at it all a bit differently now when I think that we're doing all of this on Michael's wage - I feel extremely lucky that I can be at home with the kids - not many people can say that these days with the cost of everything...even though we may be living in a very average house I'm lucky to spend that time at home! Anyway - choosing to look at the cup half full - LOL! I have a lot to be grateful for thats for sure!

Hope you all enjoy your weekend! Chat later!

Kristie, sounds like you had a lovely day with your boys and your nephew! Hope one of these houses you guys look at tomorrow is what you guys need and in your price range!!

Tracey, I'm sure Jordan will get used to things and things will fall into place with time..I reckon it is very hard for them to have to share their mummy and daddy when all they have known is them having all the time and attention.. I can remember Jack being exactly the same when Toby came home, and it did take him a while to understand.. My fav word back then was "just a minute"!!
    And yeah sometimes I forget what day it is too! And hope you are healing up nicely too..xoxoxo

Cindy, I don't really know of anyone out your way, sorry luv..What breed is he?? If u were coming down here for anything I would get u 2 bring him and I could do him for u.. How was your roast chook? Bet it was yummy..
    Hope you guys can save a bit of money to go on a holiday.. We are going to the Gold coast in Sept..Our first family holiday!!! And we r flying tiger, all 4 of us return for just under $500.

Rach, hope your neck gets better soon and CONGRATS on signing loan docs on Mon!! Where are you guys building again??

Nikki, how r you and the family? Hope u r all well...

Well we have been to the Westside Tavern for tea( formerly the Tarmac!!) and the kids had a ball on the playground..Jack was the smallest kid in there and all the big boys were really lovely and adopted him for the night!!Soo cute..There was even a face painter there and Jack came home looking like Spiderman!!
    And the boys r finally in bed and we've moved all the furniture off the carpet for the steam cleaner 2moro..can't wait, my carpets are so filthy!!
    Oh and I'm going to see Sex and the City movie next sat nite..I can't wait..
    And our anniversary dinner on thurs nite too...my god 2 adult nights out..I won't know myself!! LOL!!

Hi!

Alex - Sounds like you had a great night out! How cute Jack looked like spiderman! We had our carpets done the other day and it's soooo nice! I try to get them done each year...
    Ooh wow - sounds like your going to be busy next week - good for you! I'm going to see the satc movie as well - haven't picked a date yet but hopefully next weekend! I'm looking forward to it!
    Yeah on booking a holiday as well! Sounds like a great price for all of you to go!

Really should get an early night but I'm enjoying the peace and quiet...plus if I jump into bed dh will harass me...LOL!

Kristie- I hope the houses you look at are promising! WHere are they???

Alex- my pup is a grumpy old man - 5 year old border collie X Sheltie, he is rather cute - thinks he is a lap dog but is protective and active like a border collie, he hasthe perfect border collie markings but is a short ass! He has a Heap of hair though and in summer we have to clip it back to a #2-3 or he gets dematitis kind of thing when all his hair starts shedding!

I am off to ice some mini muffins tori made today - she has to have icing on any kind of cake!

Cindy, he sounds lovely! And yeah I know how much hair they have!! My business is always covered in hair when I do a border collie or a sheltie!!LOL!!
    Yummmm, what kind of muffins are they? Aren't the mini ones so much better!! And Jack has to have icing on any cake too!!

Kristie, I really should get an early night to but yeah, the peace and quiet is so nice... And Nick has already warned me that when he gets home from visiting his cousin, that I'd better be ready!!! I told him I'd think about it!.. Anyway, I have my brothers script for his book to read and atm, that sounds alot more appealing!! hehehe

Alex - we are building in Manor Lakes, so Wyndham Vale.

My cousin came over to visit me with her friends tonight, cos Neil is in Tassie with the band for the weekend. They left at about midnight, at which point I remembered I hadnt got the catalogues etc ready for my tupperware party tomorrow. Hence why I'm up and posting at 1:30 in the morning. The hostess has 16 guests coming, I'm soooo nervous! I've never done a party that big before. She has a booking waiting for me too so I hope its not too hard to get her second one for her, I know she really wants the host gift.

Tracey, Liam sounds just adorable! I'm sure Jordan will get in to the swig of things when he realises what an important job being big brother is

I hope you guys have fun catching up while I'm stuck at work!

Kristie good luck with the house selling and buying! I really need to get my butt in to gear to get this place ready to sell, its getting scary now! I think we will need to put a lot of things in to storage, its very, very cluttered.

Just want to wish Nikki a fabulous birthday for 2moro!!
    Hope u get spoilt rotten by Grant and your beautiful kiddies! xoxoxo

Be back later!!

well last night was the night from hell although not with the little one but big one. Jordan had an awesome day, Liam slept most of it so he had plenty of 1 on 1 time with mum and dad. He went to sleep at 7.30 with no arguement and we thought we were smooth sailing. THEN......Jordan got up at 10pm we thought sleep walking so calmly put him back to bed. After about get ups we knew he was playing around so we started getting tougher. It was after 2am before he finally got to sleep then Liam was due for feed at 3am. Jordan got up at 7am this morning so with all of 4 hrs sleep I had to get up and play with him.
    Luckily i managed a nanna nap this afternoon so am feeling a bit better.
    I am at my wits end with what to do with Jordan. I dont think he is getting neglected at all but he is still playing up, especially when Liam is awake. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Rachel I hope you got your work done and some sleep

Nikki HAPPY BIRTHDAY hope you are getting spoilt

Sorry this post has been all about me......

Hi everyone.

We had a busy weekend and a lot has been going on.
    DH was in Tassie doing the band thing which was apparently really good.

I had a Tupperware party on Saturday and went out to a family lunch on Sunday. Also got Milo a new car seat cos he is too big for the convertible baby one now. So we have a SnS Maxi rider, I just need to figure out how to set it up in the car.

Milo has a cough that he's had for two weeks now, GP says it’s viral and there’s nothing we can do about it I think I have it now as well.

Tracey, not sure re Jordan, it sure sounds like you guys are doing everything you can. I think it’s not uncommon for this kind of behavior though, what does your MCHN have to say about it?

What’s everyone got on for the long weekend? Its mum’s birthday on Sunday so I think we're doing something for that. Apart from that it will be getting things done around the house.

Nikki - happy birthday.
    Was it you who did lots of interior house painting recently? How hard is it - I need to do at least 4 rooms, and I'm wondering whether to get someone in to do it for me or to have at it myself. I’m also not sure how long it will take for the hideous paint smell to be gone.

We signed our loan docs today. It’s very scary and exciting.
    Now we just need to get our house up to scratch and on the market ASAP.
    I've decided if it comes down to it and we have to rent in between, I'd rather that than be paying 2 mortgages, it will be much cheaper renting.
    Hopefully we can get a long settlement or sell to an investor who'll let us rent the house from them for a fixed period.

With the market the way that it its, I am too scared that it will take forever to sell, I don’t want to get 6 months down the track and still have it unsold. We'd just rent it out, but with the no TTC ‘til the house is sold rule, it will not be fun

MIL thinks Tobie (our dog - lives with her) has got diabetes again It will be really difficult if he has, cos she’s not there through the day to give him all the injections that he needs to have, he may need to be re-homed. Had a bit of a teary, cos we can’t have him at our place as he is a fully inside dog.

Hi!

Happy belated Birthday Nikki!!! Hope you had a great day!

Omg - what a horrendous weekend - one of the houses we looked at needed new weatherboards, roof, windows, carpets, paint, plaster, kitchen, bathroom - Oh hang on NEW EVERYTHING!!! and it's on for $270+!! ****!! Another one had paint peeling everywhere not tiles in wet areas with all the floorboards rotten and a complete hole in the floor in front of the shower that was just covered with a square of chipboard!!!!!!! How can people try and sell a house like this??? And they're still around $280-300 in price! It's CRAZY!!! I'm so grateful for my little unit now - I know it's old but at least it's neat and tidy...
    We came away very disillusioned about what we're going to be able to do...Now Michael's on the lets buy a small (TINY) block of land and build a townhouse on it and live in it for a while and sell it and make some money etc...I'm not entirely opposed to the idea but I'm sure it will be a hell of a lot of work (and running around as I"ll have to do most of it I'm sure!)
    Anyway...off to look at a block this arvo but I'm sure it won't be suitable...I think it's steep and odd shaped...

It's a miracle - both my boys are asleep! Louis hasn't slept through the day for ages but I made him today - he fell asleep on the couch at around 5.30pm last night so a good indicator that it was time for a catch up sleep! LOL!

Cindy - we were looking around ferntree gully, upwey, boronia etc...Some of the places were rentals and they just stunk - like horribly - of smoke and damp dogs...yuck! I thought I lived grotty sometimes but nothing like the state of some of these places!

Alex - LOL at a book being more appealing - I agree! LOL! Oh well...it has to be done sometimes to keep these boys happy - LOL!

Rachael - How did your tupperware party go? How exciting that everythings really happening with your new house. I'm sure you're house will sell!! The market still seems to be moving quick enough...I don't think people are paying top dollar so much though...there's been quite a few properties we've seen on for a while but it simply looks like they're asking too much...
    Bugger you guys have coughs - I hope you improve soon! Sorry to hear about your MIL's dog...how sad...

Hmmm...long weekend - renovating shower and hopefully building fence as well if time allows, myer photos of Dylan, I think I'm doing a TL party on Saturday although I have to give a call as I don't think we realised it was long weekend when we rescheduled...appt with midwives on Monday - which I'm excited about as I'll get a referral for my next scan!

Tracey - Sorry to hear you had such a bad night...Big hugs! Liam sounds like a little angel baby though! Hmm no advice from me I'm afraid...It certainly doesn't sound like a lack of attention thing - probably just an adjustment thing...I suppose if you stay firm with him he'll come around eventually??

Ok better go and get a bit organised before Michael gets home and we head out again...kids are asleep though so will have to wait a bit anyway...it gets dark so early now though we need to leave by 4.30pm at the latest or we won't see anything...Hope you're all welll - chat later!

Krisite bugger about the houses, I cant beleive that with so much work to do on the houses that they still ask such a high price, guess its more the land/position that costs more than the house. I am sure you will find something though.

Rachel congrats on signing all the finance stuff, I cant wait to hear all about your building. I loved building our house.

Nikki hope you had a nice bday.

well tomorrow jamie goes back to work so i will be left to my own devices. Mum is coming to take Jordan for the morning to help me out. He normally would go to her house on a tuesday as I would work so should be ok. He is only staying till lunch and then coming home to sleep.
    I am confident though we will all be fine.
    Liam went to health nurse today, he now weighs 4.368 kilo, he is 200 g over his birth weight which is excellent. I hope he doesnt stack on the weight too quickly though, I love him small ( well I think he is small) for the moment.
    Jordan had a good day today, he went to the airport with Jamie to pick some friends up. He was so excited when he got home and told me all about it, so cute. He has been really good today so will see what happens over the next couple of days.
    take care
    XX

Kristie - those prices and standards do not surprise me at all for those sort of areas, its all about the land! We looked at a place about 2 years ago in FTG and it basically neded to be knocked down and it ended up selling for 270 and we have been watching the house coz its not far froma friends place and they have renovated it - minimum stuff though- and it sold about 3 weeks ago for 340! It as a steep block too. I am really surprised you cane find anything under 300 in the areas you are looking. Thats why we ended up looking in Narre, it has all the amenities you could want, its really not far from anything and with the eastern going through next month will take no time to get to places like my mums, The houses are on flat,decent sized blocks and they dont need anything done to them. I really hope you find something out your way! Werent you looking at going up towards launching place?
    How did you go with the block tonight?

Tracey - sounds like you are going really well! Im glad jordy had a good day today, must have been nice for you to have some quiet time with liam too! How are those boobies going for you?

Rachael - how relieved are you that you have finally signed your paperwork!! How did your party go the other day? Did you get the second date you were hoping for? Have you done an auction party yet? I am doing one in a few weeks but havent done one yet.

Nikki- glad to hear you had a nice birthday! What are you guys doing on the long weekend? Al has been asking about grant so i'm thinking he is keen to catch up! We were going to go away coz al as the sunday monday off but I just dont know where and money is tight at the moment so cant be anywhere to exciting!
    Anyone got any ideas for me?

I say money is tight, but I have been shopping big time the last few days, luckily not with my money though, Al got a Myer voucher of $2800 through work as a bonus and so i have all new clothes and i am going back tomorrow to pick up my new Guess bag that i ordered in and to buy some new jeans and sunnies and al wants a wii fit! For a change the girls dont need anything so its all about us!!!!
    I love my new clothes, its been sooo ong since i have bought anything for myself and i finally feel like myself again and not just in my daggy jeans! YAY if only i was about 10kg lighter, i swear i am putting on weight already and winter has only just started.

I am off to bed! I haev to be at work at 7 tomorrow which means leaving at 6 - we have a day of surgical general anaesthetic work! I LOVE it!

Hey ladies...

I'm about to hop into bed here too, but just thought I would pop in here and say hi!

Rach, we got Jack a Safe n Sound Maxi rider too and it's great.. He always looks so comfy in it and I think they will last both of us a long time, cause they can hold alot of kgs!!

Kristie, those houses sound like crap!! Yeah, its all about the land!! Have you guys thought about looking in any other areas!!
    And talking about keeping those boys happy...I tried out some new rough rider condoms last night.. and lucky I did cause af appeared this morn!!

Tracey, glad to hear Jordan was better today and hope you take it easy tomorrow. And GO Liam for his weight gain... must be his mummy's liquid gold!!

Cindy, Hope you guys go somewhere nice and a bit warmer for the weekend!!
    And what a shopping spree!! And how nice to spend it on yourselves for once hey!!! And hope it's not too cold at 6am!! Have you seen the fog at that hour of the morn!! Unbelievable!!!! I'll be snuggled up thinkin of you darl!!

Nikki, how u going?? How's James's nose looking??

Talkin of cold...I've gotta get to bed and get warm..
    Nighty night girls...
    Last edited by Alex&Jack; June 2nd, 2008 at 10:56 PM.

hey guys,lomg time no chat,all is well here,james nose is all better,i had a fab birthday,i spent the morn with just harry,then we did some gardening and then grant decided to invite some family over for a bbq,i didnt want to have them over cos they all give me the ****s but i am glad that he did cos i had a really good time,i got some nice pressies including $1000 from grant to go shopping with...wow...spoilt.
    hey cindy do you want to go away with us?we were just saying the same thing last night that we should go somewhere and it is always a bit more exciting to go with friends.as for a destination i will have to have a think.we need to go somewhere that is suitable for kids and maybe somewhere we can have tea out with the kids in tow etc etc.we could look at a cabin that fits large family or split hotel room,geelong is always nice that isnt too far away.what is the weather like this weekend?
    well guess what..........
    i am on my 2nd day of giving up smoking,so far so good and i am very determined,so send me some success vibes ladies cos i will need them after being a smoker for 18 years,i also went and had a lung test and was really relieved to find that i have good strong healthy lungs and no damage has been done.....phew!
    our neighbor had a baby boy 3 weeks early so chantelle is very excited about holding another tiny tiny baby,he is 6 pound.
    oky doky
    nikki

tracey can you please have your move on scrabulous.hehehe!

Sending you massive success vibes Nikki!! We can be your cheer squad! YOU CAN DO IT!!
    And that's good news about your lungs..
    Have a blast shopping too!!!

Nikki well done on the decision to give up smoking I am sure you will be able to manage it. I dont know how to use that scrabble thing on facebook.... I am so dumb when it comes to those things. Glad you had a nice bday and WOW at the money for shopping spree how fun to spend all that money (make sure you spend it on yourself too, I am sure you will be tempted to buy for the kids)

Cindy glad Al has long weekend off, hope you do end up going away and having a good time. As for my boobs they are going ok. Plenty of milk flying out of them which is good and bad. I am sick of changing breast pads already and smelling of milk. OH well it will calm down eventually.

Well today was 1st day alone without Jamie however mum and dad came over to help me as Jordan needed a bath this morning and I am still not able to lift him in/out. Liam has slept pretty much all day so Jordan Dad and I played cars and legos for the most part of the morning and he had a ball. Both boys are now asleep and I would say Jamie will be home before either of them wake up which is a good thing.
    Hope you are all having a nice day
    XX

Nikki - Al is stressing about money so going away sounds great but have to be beer budget unfortunately! No to beer budget though... thats if there is anything stil available, if nothing is available then we are up for catching up still at some stage the sunday monday
    Good luck on the quitting! I have been smoling heaps lately, i have promised myself that once i have moved i will not be smoking, dont want to be smoking at the new house.

Tracey- what was the problem with you pay??? How are my boys going?

Poor nicky got stuck at the airport for most of today thanks to fog and wasted her first da of holiday in the airport with 2 kids and nobody else!

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast