Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October - December 2005 #3

Tracey - I've done first aid. But a lot of it is common sense. If you bleed on the outside of the body you find something to apply pressure to the wound, where in the mouth it's a different thing. Something cold usually does the trick. I gave Benjamin a cold wet facewasher to suck on which helped clot it a little and stopped most of the bleeding. The little tike just wanted a booby feed after the bleeding had slowed, probably to wash the blood taste out of his mouth. Benjamin has taken to sucking on his wet wipes, so I thought the wet facewasher was the next best thing. Trust me, I panicked for a second when I heard his teeth hit the head board. But, I've been an assistant nurse before and I'm not afraid of the sight of blood. I just prefer to get things under control quickly to avoid panic. You basically check out the wound, if things look ok, you get the first aid kit out and clean it up, or if it looks nasty, 000 is always good to have on speed dial, especially if you are too far away to drive to the hospital. Other than that you try to manage the flow with anything on hand until help arrives. The key is to take a few deep breaths and try not to panic. Which is always easier said then done.

Melissa

Hi all

Yes I know Kristie, its so hard trying to get dinner ready when they want cuddles...Im trying not to feel bad but its hard. If he wasnt so clingy id be fine. Well im hopeing swimming will be fine but he is starting to sook again...sheeeesh son give mummy a break...lol....

Awwww Melissa, The sight of blood coming out of my kids make me cry...I panic all the time. I see blood and think the worst...hmmmm have I missed some thing,, who has been bleeding...hope its not any kids....I Must have missed whats going on. Maybe I should do a first aid course to. Do you think that would help me abit from freaking out so much????

Well all better go as getting ready for swimming.

Take care!!!

Hi everyone else. Sarajo, When you coming home??? Miss chatting to you on yahoo...hope your having a great time with the family!!!

Oh and Ive put some more photos of DD and DS . Mel got her hair cut and she thinks she is all that now...lol...well she is...hehehhe:P

Hi!

Melissa - Wow - sounds like you handled it all perfectly!!!

Missy - Wow Melissa looks gorgeous!! I hope you guys have fun at swimming!

Well back from swimming and OMG he did so good. Teacher was happy and Callum loved it. Was slashing and kicking his legs.. Im so proud of him. He haveing snack now and milk then bed.

Im soooooooooooo proud!!!!!!!!

Every time I try to do I long post I lose it GRRRR. Will have to work out the rest of the personals later..

Missy - glad that swimming went well. DH has decided he wants to go every saturday morning and do laps, so I'll take Milo along to play as well.

i am another who gets upset when my baby has any bleeding (cut scratch etc) Its so not fair.

Sorry ladies, I'm still around but being selfish. Still have residual issues with my wisdom tooth that was pulled on Friday and I'm getting us all organised for me to go to Sydney next Tuesday.

Maddy is walking everywhere, in fact she throws a tanty if I try and pick her up at times! *L*

Awww Rayray. Milos will love it im sure....Isnt it horrible about the babies getting hurt and how we feel to see it. I hate the site of blood on my kids. I can handle it on me or DH but not my kids.

Yay Maddy walking every where but not being naughty...lol...good luck beck....

oh missy your daughter is a stunner,i love the new hairdoo.you guys are going to have to keep a tight leash on her,she is going to get the eyes of some young hormonal boys very soon i think.hehe!
    chantelle has been running a very high fever for the past 2 days,i just got back from the dr and the poor thing has tonsilitis AGAIN!!!!!!!!she only had it 5 weeks ago.i feel so sorry for her as she really is so unwell.tis hard to cuddle and console her with harry needing me 24/7.i am supposed to be going to my 3rd sesion of positive parenting but will have to cancel.
    sorry must go she is crying for cuddles.
    nikki

well Milo is happier now. I can't rem,ember what I posted and don't want to scroll back through all the pages just now.

On saturday afternoon, he woke up from his sleep hysterical, which in itself is not necessarily unusual, but he was very hot and clingy etc so I took his temp and it was 39.4! So I gave him some panadel and was planning to take him to the doctors Sunday. It was up again that night and again came down with panadol (I have never had to give him 2 doeses of panadol in one day before, and was freaking out. Sunday monring, back down to 37.1

Well I was so relieved he was back to a normal temp, and was a lot more lkike his normal self, that I forgot to take him to the doctors! They're only open for 2 hours on a Sunday, and by the next day he was back to normal..I feel really bad

Lately too, he has been pulling at his nappy, at the front, all the time (not just if he needs it changed) I dont know whether this is curiosity, or he is unconfortable or what. Does anyone elses little boy do this?

Awww niki thanks for the comment. Im sorry your dd isnt well..poor little thing. My dd had hers taken out at the age of 4. It wasnt nice.

Hope she feels better real soon.

Take care!!!

Poor little Milo..wow his temp was really up. rayray...is your boy circumsided?? only that if he isnt he might have an infection. Just a thought. Callum only feels down there when his nappy is off. Not sure what could be up with Milo but that is the only thing I can think of. Maybe the nappy might be to tight. Good luck with it !!!

Callums awake so better go.

yeh, A UTI was what I was thinking, as he is not done. I might take him to get checked out tonight.
    How do they tell if that is what it is?

missy,my son had his out when he was 4 also,he used to get tonsilitis alot,even though it wasnt nice to put him through the op,he was soooooo much better for it.
    nikki

Hi!

Just took Louis to the library for their story time! He actually enjoyed it quite a lot!! There were lots of kids there but he did really well (a lot of them a fair bit bigger as well) He sat with his Mummy anyway though...hehe. After we were looking at books and it was getting late so we had to go and he so threw a tantrum!!! I had to go to the shire offices which were next door quickly as well and when we walked in he fully threw himself on the floor and was rolling around and being a little terror! Thats the first time he's done that!! I'm soo glad no-one else was in there - I was getting enough bad looks from the workers! hehe. Anyway, got him home for lunch and he's in bed now so hopefully he has a big sleep. Lately we put him to bed at 7pm and he hasn't been waking me up until after 8am!! but that means he's only having about 1 1/2h during the day...

Missy - Yeah on Callum doing so well at swimming!

Rachael - Swimming should be great each week - especially if you all go - I'm sure Milo will love it! Poor little man with such a high temp! Hopefully the dr will know whats up! Louis doesn't pull at his nappy so I'm not sure....Hopefully it's nothing major!

Becka - Sorry to hear your still having trouble with your tooth! Ouch! Yeah on Maddy walking around everywhere!! They love their independence!!

Nikki - Poor Chantelle!! Ooh it must be so hard with Harry being so little as well....I hope you're managing ok!

Nikki...yes mel had hers out as although she wasnt sick all the time with her's, they were always swallow. Never went down. She had abnornal ones that were hanging by a thread and not joined to the sides.

Rayray, It could be a few things to look for. My sisters son isnt and he always get infections. Look for swelling, redness if you pull it back abit ( only a tiny bit) sore to touch, bad smell, hurts to wee abit hard to tell that or just looks different. Im sure its not that but just some things to look for. It just could be he wants to be a RUDEY BOY....lol...and trying to pull it off.

Well Callum didnt have another afternoon sleep again. He was in his cot for 2 hours and just played. He is trying so hard not to have it...Its just hard as he is clingy and only had 1 1/2 hrs this morning and usually has 3hr. So not much this morning and no afternoon and clingy...oh boy thats not a good mixture...lol...but DH was home at 1.30 so he has been helping!!!!

Well all

have a good rest of the day

Hey guys,

Just got back from my obs appointment... it was ok.

My BP was 144/63, when its normally 110-120/80, but my mum said you need to take it on more than 1 day for it to mean anything...

My blood tests show i've contracted slap cheek (maybe it was that and not chicken pox that DA had on his bday). They are a bit concerned, cos they don't know when i had it (i.e. a few months ago or a few weeks ago, cos antibodies only last a few months..) They are sending me for more to see if they can tell. If I did have it when preg there is a chance the baby can have severe anemia, but my dr said they can't do much about that at this stage. He gave me a scan, but as i'm under 6 weeks it says it was hard to tell.. i could have been 5weeks exactly or 5+5 for example

He says my EDD is between 17/10 - 23/10, but he wants to give me another scan in 5 weeks to see what is going on then

Only problems is i think i want to change obs... i really don't want to go back to my hospital, and when i told me dr how unhappy i was last time he didn't really seem to care (not in a neg way, more like a "what do you want me to do way")... i'm getting very stressed about it

I bought some maternity clothes on the way home - from Big W (never shopped there for clothes b4), but i got 6 tops for $70, which was pretty good. And some bonds maternity undies..

Anyway, must go deal with dinner, but just thought i would keep you ladies updated.

Hope you are well

Yael, as much as I love my GP, who was my shared car provide with Milo, when I told him how upset etc I was withthe stand in ob etc, he sort of shrugged, didn't really say much at all. Its like a boys club or something!

Maybe you could go see Lionel, he works in a couple of hospitals?

Awww yael im sorry your down but im sure all well be ok...good luck hun.

Am thinking of you!!!!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast