Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October - December 2005

beckibee,we stayed at the novatel last year in cicular quay,was beautiful,very expensive.
    i took my 2 boys to an ultra sound last year when i was preg with chantelle,the sonographer was great and very patient,unlike myself,they were absolutly ferril and just ran a muck,needless to sat i did not even contemplate taking them this time while preg with harry.
    ok,both bubs are sleeping.bit of house work to do now.
    nikki

Well Hannah is down for her morning nap, so it will give me a chance to catch up with all you guys.

Meg, I am with you on the dummy, I am going to let Santa take it. I had my dummy until I was about 3.5 (I JUST LOVED IT) and it was taken away from me a relative and it was done in such an abrupt way that I can still remember who and where and you know all those years later I still dislike the women who took it of me! Congrats on your new home, do you feel settled??

Beck Yea I am with you on the early waking, to me before 6.00 it just ridiculous, it’s still the middle of the night!! Hope you get a little shut eye when Maddy goes down
    I (think) we are going to Sydney this weekend. Hubby is on Conference Monday and Tuesday so I am just not sure if I want to be cooped up in a hotel room the whole time. Still thinking!!! YAY for Westlife!

Can you or Meg suggest anything that Hannah and I can do in the city (indoor play centre) Hannah is not one to stay in the pram for to long, she wants to run everywhere!

Christie, Congrats love on your BABY BELLY!!! Gee not long to go!!! Have you picked names? Sorry to hear that you are having issues with Ben, Recognition for what you do and Gee You’re heavily pregnant. Chin up love! Maybe its time FOR A CHAT!!

Renee Congrats on you baby bump!! Are you going to find out the sex? Y ea Marnie will be fine on her own, in the waiting room.. Gee some people don’t think. Are you back at work?

Ray- hope Milo sleeps later for you tomorrow, everyone deserves a little sleep in on the weekend!! How are the teeth going, have any cut? We live up the road from each other,.
    Missy looking forward to hearing how you go with Monkey. Is Melissa like a little Mum to Callum? I hope I am not confused- Does Callum have a heart murrum. Hannah is down at night at about 7-7.30 at night!!

Yael, I am coning for a massage! That was a huge post! I will have to re-read it.

Tracey- I know how you feel Hannah’s first words were Dad and Nanna!!! But my Girlfriend is a single mum and her son’s first word was Dad and he never hears it. One day you will be praying that Jordon would stop saying it.
    I am still breastfeeding as well, I am pretty stoked at that personal mile stone!

Nikki Congrts On your new baby? How it’s going? Time goes so fast, it feels like forever ago that Hannah was new born.

Kate hey you!! Hope you are well? I am just about typed out!!

Danni good to hear you are staying!!!

Tiff you will have no chance in catching up!! Hope you had a good day!
    Sorry if i have fogotten anyone, which iam sure i have. We will catch up next time!

Going to lunch with my mothers group better go ang get ready!

I NEED TO CHANgE MY TICKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rach,all is going very well with little harry,he is great.it feels like only yesterday that i had chantelle,but when i look at her next to harry she is huge,time just goes soooo fast.
    nikki

Hello y'all! this is much better! I am looking forward to meeting all of you!

I am Sara (sarajo) and Abby is our first daughter. I have been married for 6 years and I have decided to stop my work as a design engineer for a forklift company to become my dream job...a stay at home mom! We hope to ttc again this August! Oh and I live in the USA so I am awake while you all are sleeping and vice versa, but there are times where I post while you are on too!

As for my tooth, I had surgery this morning and it did end up being fractured and they ended up pulling it out. I am in pain now from the stitches and swelling, but now that the tooth is gone, I am a happy girl!

Abby got another molar today!!! Yesterday she was running a fever and had a runny nose and now I know why! I will try to post personals later!!

Love all of your tickers! Especially the little bub driving!! and that adorable ticker with the newborn and the big sister makes me want another baby now!!

Hi Rach - yes Melissa is wonderful with Callum. They are so close and she is a huge help. He just loves her and he calls her Sisa. She tought him how to say it and it so funny when he does. Sort of sounds like sthifer...lol Yes Callum had a heart murmur but im hoping its all ok. The monkey business is going ok *touch wood* we didnt have it after he got up this morning and didnt take it shopping with us. But when we got home and he went to bed and was soooooooooooo excited when I gave it to him. Sort of laughed and cried at the same time. Callum goes down at night around 7-7.30 too. But he doesnt wake till abit 7 or 8.30. He is a great sleeper. But his isnt getting any teeth at moment. We will see if he sleeps well when he does.

Sarajo, Im glad your tooth is out but sorry your hurting. But its gone now so hope you get better fast hun. Awwww poor Abby hope she feels better soon. Bloody teeth they cause so much unhappy times. :hugs: for you and her. Feel better soon!!!!
    Last edited by Trillian; February 2nd, 2007 at 11:21 AM. Reason: two posts in a row - again!

Hey Nikki good to t hear all is going well???

Sarajo Hope you feel better soon!

Missy WOW 7.00- 8.30 oh never has Hannah done that, We get excited when she sleeps past 6-30!!
    So good to hear that they just love each other!!

I was gonna do some housework but have decided to have a mini=strike, I just don’t feel like it!!! I feel like a glass of wine!

Hey guys,

Whoa there are a lot of posts since last night. I've read them all, but no time to respond.

Hi to Nicole, Rach, Tracey Melissa and everyone else!

Sarajo - at least they have taken to tooth out, so hopefully you'll be better soon

Missy - good luck with the monkey..DA isn't atatched to anything - should i be worried??

Anyway, just wanted to post the wierd thing that just happened to me.

Ok, so i'm doing the BB biggest loser - and i've lost 2.5kg in Jan (YAH!!!!!!)

Anyway, am supposed to be on the CSIRO diet also, but not really doing in until March when DH is around in the mornings to help me prepare the days food as there is a lot of prep time, and my hands are so good for a lot of cooking.

But we are doing the exercise thing - we try to do in 3 times a week, i do 30 mins on the xtrainer, and normally job around 7.85km in that time (DH can do like 8km and burn double the cal, i don't know how though)

Anyway, gradually you build up to 5 times a week 45-60mins a time.

Anyway, do i've done it last Fri, Sun, Wed, and thought i would do it today as we were naughty and had take out for dinner.

Now normally i only do it twice a week (like Sun and wed or fri), but i've done it heaps. Last Wed i found it relly easy to get through the 20 mins, and only found it like a little difficult at the 18 min mark. Normally i get to 15 mins before i start sweating and panting.

So i thought i would be on fire today? Got on, after 4 mins and sweating everywhere and really stuggling, and have to get off at the 10 mins mark to rest. I was shaking, and on the pulse reader it was a lot higher than it normally is. I got a little less sleep last night, and it is warmer than usual where the treadmill is (next to a window with just a blind there, waiting to get curtains). but that doesn't really explain the bad workout.

I just got back on and finished the other 10 mins. Ended up doing 7.3km, but as i normally increase .2km each time i go it, i am about .7km under what i should have been today.

I took a preg test, cos Linda mentioned in another thread thats how she knew she was preg (high heart rate after exercising), but it wa neg. Its still only day 10, and it wasn't first thing in the morning.

But how bizarre.

Anyway, i'm off to shower cos i stink!

Yael now hun I wouldnt sorry if he isnt attached to anything. Just means you dont have to worry about getting rid of it. Oh id be careful and dont over do it. If you tired and swet then id stop. Maybe your body had enough..

Good luck with PG!!!

Yael - i have got my fingers crossed that you'll get a BFP soon.
    Also, it is normal that men lose weight faster, doing the same exercise as women, because on average they have more muscle mass, which helps them to burn calories. The more you have the more you burn IYKWIM?

Rach - maybe we should have a west suburbs (and geelong?) meet up.

Missy - that sleeping sounds ace. Milo used to, and sometimes still does sleep 11-12 hours at night, but its few and far between of late.

sarajo - I am glad the tooth is out so you wont be suffering anymore! Has the weather settled there? I remeber a while back there was snow...

Rayray, Where do you live??

okeedoekee Im back! Lets see, where to start!

Yael the other girl is one of our neighbors...she is a cutie and Abby loves her! Yay for DS standing! How wnderful! lol @ him discovering he is a boy! Sorry about the BFN...maybe it was just too soon to test? I hope so! Good luck with the massaging! Sounds like a good opportunity, but kind of risky! I dont know what to tell you on that! Let us know how the testing goes Saturday! Are you keeping a chart on fertility friend? You should put a link to it in your sig so we can all check up on you!

deancy Cute ticker! I love how your cute little Jordan says Abbie! I will have to teach Abby to say Jordan now! lol! Great job on still 'booby-feeding'! lol!

Beck how funny with the interruptions! That just spoiles the moment doesnt it? lol!

nikki - how cute is your ticker! Congratulations on your new little boy! I suggest getting an electric duel pump so DH can feed him instead of formula, although that sounds fine too. I would just be concerned with you not making enough milk...supply and demand iykwim! I pumped exclusively for 11 months with Abby and I treasured my pump! I made so much extra that way that was able to freeze a ton and we even had to buy an extra freezer to store it!!

Dani - yes it is the sister with the hair lol! I am so excited for her...please pray that it sticks. She was having cramps tonight! I had cramps htrough my pregnancy though too!

Missy cant wait to see your pics!! YAy on Callum going monkeyless for a little while! lol!

Meg awe poor Coco! Hopefully the teeth will pop through soon and give her, and you, some relief!!

Melissa your ticker is my fav!

Awe Christie - I hope things get better in your relationship. 35 wks pregnnat...it just isnt want you need right now...you need support! Wow @ 35 weeks! You are almost there! Ihope its a girl! hehe!

Rach!! I missed you girl! I cant wait till you change your ticker...I want to see new pics of pretty Hannah!

rayray I hope Milo sleeps till 8:00 for you tomorrow! The weather here is cool and kinda rainy. Im ready for it to get warmer again. I cant wait to take Abby swimming! It never did snow, but we did get ice. It rarely ever snows or ices here, so the kids in the neighborhood were collecting all the icicles they could find, which were like an inch long and putting them in their freezers! It was too funny!

Renee ummmm I would tell them that they can just deal with Marnie being at the u/s's! I would want Abby there! How insensitive or them! Oh well! How are you feeling? Does marnie understand there is a baby in your belly?
    Last edited by Yael; May 20th, 2010 at 09:42 PM.

Wow the posts don't stop!!
    RAch, I am not sure of an indoor play centre in the city. I know at Darling harbour there's a big outdoor one, but maybe better for older kids. Although at their age, I guess the parents have to help them no matter what, so she might like it. Otherwise there are probably some just out of the city. I can look for you or ask around if you'd like.
    Beck, I will hopefully be able to meet with you on the 27th, won't say I can for sure yet, but will let you know as soon as Im sure.
    Sarajo, you poor thing with your tooth. I hope now though that the pain is gone for good (along with the tooth...) and you don't have any more probs. Poor Abby getting her molar. If we have this much trouble with a little tooth I HATE to think of what's to come. I know tilly suffered with all 20 teeth, but it was never at night, she was a day grump. Much preferred that as it meant we slept at least, ,and then I could deal with the grumpiness!!
    Yael, good on you for your weighloss and exercise plan, that's awesome. Maybe it is because you're preg that the workout was harder. Did you get a test that can test that early (you prob did, but I know not all show results so earlY). Also when I tested 10 days after, the line was SOOOOOO faint that we spent a good hour looking at it trying to see if it was really there!! Anyway, fingers crossed for you!!
    Beck, are you still coming to Syd to live or is that not for sure?
    hope everyone else is doing well.I bet there's been about 5 posts since Ive been writing this!! xoxoox

Rach - I think Meg would be better equipped to answer the question about stuff to do in the city centre of Sydney. Maddy was quite small when I took her down and much less mobile than Hannah is now. Surely there are play centres in Sydney somewhere?

Sorry this is a fly past girls. Just found out one of my best friends has lost her baby at 8wks pg. I'm so sad for her and feeling all of the usual friend guilt - feeling bad that I have had a healthy baby and haven't been through a M/C & D&C, feeling guilty because she too has had bleeding like I did and I told her she should be ok....

Will be back later!

Hi girls!
    No Sarajo - I haven't told Marnie we have a baby in the belly - we haven't told many people yet - as I am going back to work on Monday and I don't want the parents to be talking about who is going to be their new teacher until their children work out that I am their teacher. I just told my teaching buddy - who will teach Thursday/Friday and she was very good - considering I did this to her 2 years ago she wasn't very surprised. I think Marnie will be so disappointed that she won't be the Baby girl - i am already worrying about how I will be able to give her one on one time within that first 2 months of trying to organise breastfeeding!
    Rach and NicoleMckay - I felt the same way when the sonographer said that to me. Luckily David didn't hear her as he was really angry when I told him. Marnie was pretty good - bias mum speaking! But I am sure I am not the first do bring a baby in??? I think we will bring her again - and fingers crossed we don't get the same sonographer! Tough I supppose if we do!

WE are having a baby free night tonight. We are going to our first staff function of the year so Marnie is going to her Poppa and Geetie's (grandparents!) And I am going to have a sleep in! Cannot wait

A question for y'all - who has a baby that is trying to cut out their sleeps to one. I'd love to know if any Oct/Nov mums have been through this? Marnie is staying up to about 12:30 and then has her sleep until 2-3(she is still asleep now - I have been on the computer for 2 hours programming for school - God love you Marnie Moo!) WHat do you reckon.

Beck - have fun at Westlife - unfortunately Sydney is 9 hours away from me. I don't think I'll ever get to meet you guys! Have a great time at the concert - I still think of you everytime I hear them on the radio! I just saw your post Beck I am truly sorry for your friend. My SIL is having spotting at the moment but that is a very long story! I am sure you are being a wonderful friend to her. There isn't much you can say but I think the greatest comfort I had was from the girls on BB - as I didn;t tell anyone else. So I am sure you will find the right things to say and do.

A big hello to everyone else!
    Last edited by Renee Elizabeth; February 2nd, 2007 at 01:44 PM. Reason: Saw Beckibee's post

Renee, that's what we've been going through and I rang tresillian and this is what they said about going to one sleep:
    Firstly they will vary and some days have one sleep somedays' two. Transition age is 14-16 mnths generally when this happens.
    On one sleep day try keeping bub up until 12.30 and then down for nap (preferably until 2.30pm) they will have lunch first. If they can't wait that long, keep them up and at 10.30am big morning tea, then bed at 11am, lunch about 1pm.
    I am finding that the last two mornings coco's gone down at 10am (after a snack) and up about 11.30/11.45. I then put her down at 2pm for her half hour time out (no sleep though).
    Good luck xo

Milo has (attempts to have) 1 sleep on the days he is at creche and 2 on the days he is at home. He is much more able to last til lunchtime with all the other kids to play with, than when he's at home with just us.

Missy I'm in Werribee, west suburbs of VIC.

I think 2 teeth are definitely through, maybe 3 or 4, the others have a couple of points poking out but are not through as yet.

Okay we have merged threads! I haven't been on for a while so hello to November Mums and hello to the other late 2005 Mums!

Bub was sick for a long while and it has been very stressful. Thankfully he is on the improve. He doesn't talk much but communicates well in other ways. And can say "Mum" perfectly! He loves a wander so gotta watch out for him esp cos he is so quiet.

No new teeth here for months. still has six.

Wow go ladies.

Just on the sleeping subject, Callum goes down between 10 -11 and sleeps till 1-1.30 then has lunch. back down about 2.30-3.30 but not a big sleep. Is it natural for 12month old to only still be up for 2 hrs at a time when at home??? I know he can stay up longer when out but at home he gets tired after about 2 or so hrs. Just abit worried he is sleeping to much!!!

Cool Rayray. Thought you where in syd!!!

Beck im so sorry for your friend. Ive been there twice and its sh*t. She will need you hun.

Guess what ladies Callum has had Monkey free day all day today....YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY Well of cause he had it in bed...lol...im so so proud of my little boy. YaY CaLlum!!!! heheheh

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast