Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #101

Jodi good luck for today but I am 100% sure you'll be fine. Just do what Oh wise Nelle said - aim to feed yourself and the kids and leave the rest for later. Eventually you will get the hang of it but even now my boy is 4.5mths old (holy moly where has the time gone?!) I still have days where Im lucky to get dressed and do even one load of washing, only because they're being painful and I just cant be bothered.

Way to go on the springcleaning Bea. Out of curiousity how much did the bin set you back? Im thinking we need one to do our clean out before we move. I refuse to go another km with all the junk we have, its time to declutter.

Well we are all sick. J has a runny nose and R has the usual bronchiolitis and spits up disgusting stuff after his bottles. Its gross. And now Im sick with a sore throat. I just want to fall into a heap but obviously I cannot otherwise the world would stop turning And on the Nanny's day off too what bad timing

Quote Originally Posted by AnnaT View Post
    . Just do what Oh wise Nelle said.
    Why don't more people call me that? You'd think people would have realised by now!

Oh, Si spewing, better go!

Its ok Nelle, Im just exceptionally intuitive

Annat- the bin set us back $79 for 5 days

Hi all,justa quick hello from me, our computer has not turned on for a couple of days, we have had some wicked storms and although we havea surge protector thing it just would not turn on.. anyway i have a teco guy coming on Wed to check it all out..

hmm, well DD managed to turn it on tonight?? What the! Anyway so I am busy downloading 3 years of photos to cd's so just in case our pc decides to break again! Honestly girls - what do you do with your pictures?? is anyone as slack as me!

Big hellos to all,, will pop back for personals when my task is over !

Oh annie i hate storms but yay for your computer being restored.All my photo's go to disc!
    I have been meaning to ask you shell.Did your friend like the baby frame?

Caddie- Yeah she loved it, it goes well on her shelves in the nursery.

Annie, most my pics are still on the memory stick! Hope you can sort it all out without it being too costly.

I love throwing out crap, I used to be quite a hoarder but everytime I moved I got sick packing stuff I never use. So now I am decluttered. I do have some things I rarely look at but have meaning so keep those kind things.

AnnaT- How you sickies going there?

Jodi- How'd it go yesterday?

I feel crap today, still catching up from night shift.
    Got my letter from my pap smear today, all clear so next cycle we can start going for it!
    Better check on Ash, she is meant be asleep but I bet as usual she has taken all her clothes off, including sleeping bag even when I tuck the zip in!

We're ok Shell. The boys are better and Im not feeling too bad anymore. Atleast I can eat now. Im just knackered lol

Bea, wow I thought skips would cost way more than that. Are there certain things you CANT put in them? Hope your enjoying your clutter free house.

So we've decided to put TTC on hold for a year or more. Ive decided to try and get into Uni and do a nursing degree. I wanted to just do a midwifery one but the Uni in Townsville only has nursing science. Im also looking into doing a midwifery degree by corrospondence with UniSA but Im not sure it will work logistically. Anyway Im kind of scared and excited, they probably wont take me cause its been so long since I did my HSC or worked but who knows.

You got a little nudist there Shell? That gave me a good giggle. Riv's usually too busy working out how to pull the cot apart...

Still in my jamies here, just been one of those days where the boys have tag teamed, just as Si nodded off, Riv woke up. So I'm typing while watching him eat lunch. He's going through a phase of breaking bits of sandwich off and then putting them in his mouth. Nutella everywhere.

Oh yeah Annie, my laptop's given me a few hard drive scares lately, I really should put the photos on a cd.

Yep I was right, she was totally undressed, cept for nappy, thank god she hasn't worked at getting that off! Then she throws everything over the side.

Nelle, the way the weather has been feels like everyday should be jarmies day!

AnnaT- That sounds great. Are you planning on doing the div 1 or 2 course? I'd love to go back and do midwifery (I'm already div 1 nurse) but at moment we just can't afford the extra $10,000 to pay for it and then planning childcare round it would be hard, maybe once they're in school. Anyways hope it all works out for you. Does the uni have an on campus childcare? Some do which is handy. Don't worry that its been ages since school if its like here they'll accept you as a muture age student.

Erm no idea just a Bachelor of Nursing science Shell lol Have you thought about going back part time? The graduate diploma in midwifery is only a year and what I'll do once Ive finished the normal nursing degree. I plan on going part time for the moment, and IF we decide not to have another baby I'll go full time once Jett is in school. by then I should be over half way done going part time and can just slot into full time and finish it 2yrs sooner. Its something I always wanted to do and its now or never. I kind of feel............hmm redundant?..........no thats not the right word I just feel like once the boys are older what am I qualified to do? Make coffee's. Im still young enough to have a 30 year+ career after the boys are both in school. Plus I am so sick of Ryan going on and on about how I havent worked since I met him and how *if* I finally get off my butt and get a job once the boys are in school I'll like totally understand why his life is so much more busier than mine Ive got something to prove to him an my mother that I CAN study and earn a degree and have a nice career.

Im just super worried about the math side of things. I never did it in grade 11 and 12 because I had no patience for it so Im sure I'll be behind everyone else. Biology was my most favourite subject though so that side of things will be a breeze.

Im getting ahead of myself, they probably wont even let me in

Hi all,ive got a missive headache.Has been going on and off for days.I dont know if its from not getting enough sleep due to millana's coughing? But even when i turn my head i will get a flash of head pain.
    Annat going on to finish my nursing is something ive wanted to do.But i will wait for the kids to start school,seems unfair if i stay at home to look after millana but not ruby.I dont want to be resented for it.Goodluck,you will have to let me know if the course is hard. As far as i know with maths you get to use a calculater.I didnt with my en training and most of us needed to go back and learn fractions!!!
    What do you think of my stuff in the store? I have got some new stuff,maz snavvlled one up pretty quick,my fav!! Im going to make some stuff for my girls albums now.They been neglected! Bu once this headache clears.

Well I survived yesterday didn't get out of my pj's till midday, but thats ok. Today I didn't get out of my pj's till an hour ago But I don't care at the moment. I'm taking everyone's advice, and just making sure everyone is fed first. The housework will still be there tomorrow. Nina is in daycare tomorrow, and Heath is home tomorrow with me. We'll probably get stuck into some housework then, well, maybe. We'll see.
    Nina and Emily are going really well so far. But it's still early days I suppose. Emily is only waking twice a night ATM so at least I'm getting some sleep in.

annat - good luck with your uni preparations. That's great that you're thinking ahead.

caddie - Your stuff is looking great in your store. Hope the headache passes soon.

shell - that's fantastic news that you've got the all clear to start TTC. So are you guys still in pre-TTC stage, or actually trying?

Best run and get dinner ready.

Hi everyone!!!

just a quick one to let you know about the course i will be doing after we move in August AnnaT.. its called a WIST run on-line through the Uni Of Central QLD.. Its a basic intro before uni, to give a recap on chem/bio/maths etc.. best thing is its FREE!! Thats right Government funded to get more woman in science & tech at Uni.. ( includes those wanting to do nursing!) I have secret plans to do nursing aswell.. either that or Bio-science! lol

Lol Jodi, I'm STILL in my jim jams, and of course the housework will still be there tomorrow (and in my case, the day after that, and the day after that :P). Riv's going through a phase of tipping things over and he works much faster than I can!

Exciting news for me though (as in, very boring for everyone else) - mum's coming to watch Riv tomorrow after work while I properly River proof his room! And prepare his room for his big boy bed before he breaks the cot for good! AND mum and dad have said that they've got room to store Ran's drums, so they'll be OUT of Riv's room! AND I'll go do the shopping while mum's here so I don't have to take kids. I am ONE happy Nelle. :P

Caddie, some of your stuff looks awesome mate. Good work! Lurve that dino one.

I probably should get onto dinner hey. Hope I don't get food on Ran's dressing gown (it's much cosier than mine :P).

AnnaT- Yep that must be the Div 1 course, you'll be fine. Lots biology, you have to learn every single thing bout body and how it works, not all that much maths you only really have to learn a few formulas and you get to use calculator. I'm gonna have to wait til kids are at school to do midwifery. With mortagage and planning another child just not affordable at moment.
    And that hubby of yours, does he not realise at the moment what you are doing is work?! You have toddler and newborn what are you supposed to do with them?

Caddie, once I get Ashleigh's room painted and done up I'm going to have to have a good look at your store what I'm gonna buy for her room.

Jodi- Glad your day went well. Sounds like you're doing great. Just waiting for Af then we can start our ttc. I'm getting very excited.

Annie- That sounds really good, its great those things are around to help people get back into things, you could go uni with Anna, well I guess gold coast bit far from townsville isn't it.

Nelle- How is poor Rans going to play his drums if they're not at home! My housework still here day after day, this week so not motivated!

Now girls I have question for all you with new bubs, do you feel more confident 2nd time around? Do you find its a little easier cause you know what you're doing?

Shell- i def feel more confident third time round and second time round it was much easier too.

Well all this talk on uni!! I decided a couple of weeks ago that in about 2 years i am going to uni to do the midwife course.

Jodi- you sound like you did really really well today. Please dont over do yourself and do house work tomorrow. you really do need to relax. Get a peice of paper as a sign and write on it for all visitors to see " the house was clea last week, sorry you missed it"

Nelle- some days i dont get out of my jammies all day

Love that sign idea beatrix!!!!!

shell - I'm definitely more confident 2nd time round. I feel I can settle her easier and quicker than with Nina. I'm not too worried about the place having to be super quiet so she can sleep. But I know for me it's still early days. I'll report back in a month!

nelle - that's great news! Have you got Riv's bed ready to go, or do you need to buy one? Do you reckon he's ready now?

Just got little Miss Emily tucked in bed, so I'm off for a long hot shower (yes, I'll bloat, we don't have water restrictions so it can very long ) and then bed. It's actually been getting quite cold here at night, getting down to around 12-13. Which for us is freezing! Last week during the night it was 19-20.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast