Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #101

Welcome Back Meg!!!

Welcome home Meg! havent read anyones posts im sorry but just wanted to say hello to everyone.

Julia stayed overnight with the inlaws last night for the first time and shes come back here really sick, I wish they would have called me and told me I would have come to get her last night....bit angry right now....

Thinking of everyone

Bel
    xxx

Welcome back Meg.

Belle-I know how you feel. My inlaws gave Bella her medicine hrs late and tea at 8pm once. You dont mind being called to pick them up if they are sick. It's horrible to feel that they are there feeling miserable and you have no idea.

Bella's lips have gone so dry, despite lip balm, that they cracked and bled heaps at school today. Ugh this virus is a pain. Anyways Eithan was a pain in bed last night.

Hope everyone is well.

Hey everyone,

Meg - welcome back, look forward to hearing all about it when things have calmed down and you are back in Aussie time zone, hope Mr jet lag isn't too mean to you all.

Belle - annoying of your inlaws not to have called you.

Helen - poor little Bella - hope she gets over this nasty virus quick.

Shell - no idea on the sleep school, I have to have a phone conference first on the 10th of June and then I guess they work out how desperate I am to see someone...

Not much else, had a nice day, went out to lunch and Rylee was really good and happy to just sit there.

BBL
    Laurin xxx

Hi all,
    I have really only just skimmed through this thread, so it will take me a while to get back into what everyone is up to.

Kell- at least they will start Speech therapy early if the need arises. But most likely it will all be fine.

Laurin - I am no help on the sleep thing. I really hope you are able to get into the sleep school. They will probably tell you to take the tough approach and make her stay in her bed and go into her.

Ambz - I am glad that you were able to pop in and say hi. What a scare with Savanna.

Belle - I hope Julia is alright.

Helen - Yor poor little girl. I hope she gets better soon.

Nelle - I can just imagine little fingers sticking through the door!

Thaks everyone for welcoming me back!

We were all so tired last night that we were in bed by 7pm. J didn't wake till 8:30 this morning, so he must have been VERY tired! Hopefully that means that there will be no jetlag. We were all fairly jetlagged in Japan. Actually J wasn't but DH and I were.

J was a wonderful flyer. Out of the 9 flights we did, he was only terrible on one. That was the Sydney to Melbourne flight yesterday, as he had been up since 4:30 am. The airlines were all so accomodating. Every single flight they gave us additional seats for J. Even on the full flights, they moved passengers around to give us a spare seat!

Out of the whole trip, I would have to say that we enjoyed Scotland the most. It was just stunning.

Travelling with the inlaws was a nightmare, and DH said that he would never do it again! They were always so late getting ready and were the ones that always put us behind schedule. DH's father always had something wrong. It was a sore arm, then a sore foot, then a gastro problem etc. And lets just say he has the worst toilet habits. No joke, he would be in there for up to 45 mins! Sometimes it was when we were out in public, for example at the train station while we were watching train after train go by............

I managed to catch a west end show. Wicked. It was awesome. I recommend everyone to go see it if you get the chance.

J's language has come along quite a lot while we were gone. His new fave word is Flower. Although it sounds more like "wow wah."

At the moment, he is rediscovering his toys. Our lounge is a Mess! Does anyone else manage to get their kids to pick up their toys? No luck here.

Also how is everyone else going on manners. Sometimes J will say ta, but most of the time he doesn't.

Chilly here in today in Gisborne.

Oh - I will lert you all know when I post some pics to facebook.

Meg - just a quick one to say OMG on the inlaws and their bad habits esp. FIL on his toilet habits - arrrghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Well you'll know not to travel with them again.

sounds like u had an awsum time meg! Cant wait to see some pics put up on facebook!!
    Im so jelous!
    Belle,i knew you had a hard time with the inlaws taking julia and now she is sick.Poor thing.
    A woohoo for me! Got a sewing machine. I sewed up a toy owl. Its cute but i stuffed up the eyes because i didnt follow the instructions..Next one will be better.Ruby and millana thinks its great though!

wow meg sounds like a great timew, with the toilet habbits you should meet my DH 3-4 times a day and at the most inappropriate times.

Belle- grr at inlaws, i think it was selfish on their behalf not to call.

well today i have taken all 3 girls to get their needles, interesting experience. i actually got quite upset because Teleah was so distressed. Annika got all upset seeing Teleah cry so yeah wasnt fun. hopefully tonight will be ok.

Caddie- yay on the machine!!!

belle - I hope she doesn't end up too sick. I would have been peeved as well. That happened once with Nina, my mum was looking after her while I worked one day, and when I came home she was really sick. Fair enough my mum can handle it, but that's not the point. I'm her mother, I would have preferred to have come home and looked after her.

meg - sounds like you had an awesome trip (except for the IL's!). Can't wait to see some pics.

nelle - the tummy thing seems to be doing the trick so far. I think it was that we went out yesterday, and it was quite windy. I took the girls for a long walk today, and it wasn't windy, and she was fine.

helen - how cute of Eithan! How are you guys going? You were almost right with Emily's arrival, I went into labour on the Wednesday like you guessed, she just arrived Thursday morning.

Meg, sounds like you had fun, Im so jealous I love Europe and Britain! As for your FIL, he sounds like mine with his toileting habits. Cant wait to see pics.
    As for the cleaning up and manners, well Jett doesnt clean up unless he's in a really good mood and we start it. Im thinking it'll more be something we can implement next year when he's closer to 3. Jett says Ta when he wants something and thankyou when he receives it lol He has a bad habit of turning the lights off so that when he turns them back on after we ask, we say thankyou and he can say it back

Cads, yay for a new sewing machine. Wish I could sew.

Bea, hope the girls are doing ok after their needles!

Belle, hope Julia is better today.

Hi AnnaT - J's bad habit at the moment is to throw something on the floor and then say oops! That way he can pretend that it was thrown there by mistake!

hhhmmmm, well Nina has a few bad habits
    - falling over/tripping over her own feet ALL THE TIME! then whinging and saying 'sore' (I'm pretty sure this is just to get a cuddle!)
    - Dropping things on the ground, and when I ask her to pick them up, she gives me this sly smile, and walks away. gggrrrrrrrr.
    - If I ask her to do something, or ask if she wants something, she says 'no no', shakes her head and walks away. I don't think she even knows the meaning of the word

beatrix - how was your night after the girls getting their needles yesterday?

bad habits......worst is throwing food on the floor, don't know if this is a bad habit but she always wants to be carried.....

She is at child care today so it is my cleaning day...

BBL
    Laurin

Ha Jodi Jett says 'no no' too with a shake of the head, he never says it as just 'no'.

Another bad habit of Jetts is hurting himself too. When he has a tanty he will smack himself and then turn in dizzy circles so he falls over and can cry harder like he broke a leg or something.

Anyone else's kiddo's suddenly into watching DVD's? He never watches a whole one but he can open the cabinet doors so I often get told 'Watch ______!" and he sits there for maybe 20min then gets bored and wanders off, but still listens in the background lol

Ruby's into dvd's big time. She will tell us "dvd" and point. Her fav is the faires.She however will watch the whole episode. If its something a little"older" of millana's she will wander off.
    Not much happening here.Millana has been sick a whole week now with a terrible cough so we havnt been anywhere excpet to get my sewing machine. Im going to have a play and finish off an idea maz has given me... Stay tuned.

Nina loves DVD's. She says 'D' and goes and gets a DVD which she wants on. Usually it's the same one. She'll usually stay in the room while it's on, but won't necessarily stay sitting.

caddie - hope Millana gets better soon. Is it just the cough, or does she have a cold as well?

laurin - enjoy your baby-free day today!

morning girls,

Im still angry at the MIL for not telling me Julia was sick, she had a rough night and now her temp is 38.7 so just given her more nurofen, is there anythign else I can help her with until her doc appt this arvo? she wont drink anything milk or water or eat anything now..

Back later when Im up for personals. Appreciate your advice girls. I so hope she doesnt get tonsilitis back

belle - don't worry about the food. Try and get some fluid into her. I know she doesn't want it, but keep persisting.
    Panadol and nurofen should help with the fever, as will a wet washer if she's burning up, and just lots of cuddles. It's hard when they're sick, isn't it.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast