Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #12

chrissy i have it the only side affect is you stop bleeding abd a slight weight gain thats about it. its called depo

Chrissy - I had the implanon and totally loved it, no weight gain, a only rarely had a very light period and the bonus is that it is a very cheap option (about $50 including insertion). It isn't for everyone tho... but if it doesn't suit you, it is easily removed and your body/fertility returns pretty much instantly.

Adele & Belle - Sorry I missed you both on msn yesterday! Will catch up soon.

chrissy - I've had both and personally preferred the depo which is the injection every 3 months. I used to suffer from depression and while I was on the implanon I started to feel that way again.

We're supposed to be going out for a few drinks tonight for my sisters b'day, and MIL is looking after Nina. She was over last night and we were letting her know what we do with Nina at night. Bed at 6.30, if she wakes after 40 minutes then I NEVER pick her up, I get in there fairly quickly and re-settle her with either a few pats or the dummy and leave, then she should sleep most of the night. When Heath asked his Mum if she got all that, she said 'so when she wakes I pick her up and play with her until she goes to sleep' :eek: WTF and she was serious.
    I'm having an anxiety attack now just thinking about it. Is it rude to tell Heath I don't want to go cause I don't trust her. She doesn't have the best of hearing and by the time she even heard Nina she'd be hysterical. And I personally do not like Nina crying, especially at night, cause it takes too long to settle her.

good morning ladies!!

wow i have not been on since saturday so ive missed out on alot!
    ill have to catch up later

just a quicky: Savanna's christening went fantastic and was such a beautiful day!!!
    She got lots of lovely pressies too. My brother who is her Godfather got her stunning white gold Gucci earings!!!! And my friend brought back Gorgeous Tommy Hilfiger outfits and the most awesome baby LA Lakers cheerleading outfit from the USA. What a lucky girl only two and a half months and already stocking up on the designer items hehe

Oh when i was 16 i had the depro vera injection. i cant remember if it had side effects.. i dont think it did. But there is a warning that if you are planning on having a baby within three years not to take it.

have a wonderful day ladies and babies

love ambz
    xoxox
    Last edited by ambz; November 24th, 2006 at 09:22 AM. Reason: forgot a word :P

thanks girls........what about if your still breastfeeding?

chrissy - i had the implanon and was good for the first 6 months. then I bleed for 2 weeks on, then 2 weeks off for the next 6 months. i also put on weight and felt like [email protected] but it does effect everyone in different ways...im going to look into the depo injection..i keep forgetting to take the pill..i havent taken it for over 5 years.
    Nelle- gave just gave Vy some fresh pumpkin, not soup mate. You can also get stuff from the chemist called coloxal (sp?) drops which Caddie put me onto. try them before the pumpkin mate..mine was just a last moment measure.
    Rikki - Yay on ainsleighs weight gain. Our babies are just growing up to fast...its making me so clucky.
    Ambz - so happy to hear that savanna's christening went well. I gather the pic in your ticker is off the day. She looks absolutely stunning mate. Id be so proud.
    Jodi - go out and enjoy your self to night, try not to think about Nina (easier said then done I know) but you need some time out too mate.
    On a lighter note, Jed and I had a DAM last night. He's not going to get the snip as originally planned. We dont know if we're completely finishe dhaving kids yet and we really dont want to make the same mistake again. So its the pill or the injections for me and we'll see how we feel towards the end of next year. I might end up with a tribe as yet....Its only cause Vy's being so good for her mummy and daddy.
    HI Shell, Anna, ADele, Caddie, Belle and everyone else.
    Oh [email protected] Vy's just spewed on me...
    BBL
    xxmaz

i dont think you can take it while breastfeeding but dont hold me to that you could always ask your dr. about it.

Hi maz - how is your day so far and how in your elephant?? and the boys ???

later girl i gotta clean my house today simon sister is coming over sunday grrrrr

Adele

Over here there is no discussions at all bout contraception, were still not having sex! its worked out well cause Df never had much of a sex drive, I used to but can't be ****ed these days. We joke we're only ever gonna have sex once to make the next baby, won't be for a while yet.

maz- I could see you with a tribe, maybe 6 kids.

ambz- Savanna's doing great she has more good stuff than i do! LOL.

jodi_lee- Maybe you could just leave her a list of things such as nina's routine, ways to settle her etc. And if you do go out make sure you enjoy yourself don't sit there stressing! Although I know its much easier said then doen, I'd prolly be exactly the same!

chrissy- Good girl caitlyn for letting you get all that sleep!

Sh** I Just Wrote A Long Post Twice And Both Times They Where Lost...............i Giveup!!!!

OMG Chrissy - look at Caitlyn shes beautiful mate...oh im getting clucky again.

Owww Chrissy how annoying! Maybe you could write your post in Word or something, and then cut and paste? Then if the net stuff up, at least you still have the document!

Melbournians, how NICE is today!! Hope tomorrow is just as nice!

Shell, we still haven't either, although I do want to...we held off while i was looking at contraception options, but now I've realised that if I don't want chemicals/hormones in my body then condoms it is! We might have to do the deed out of bed...the moment our heads hit the pillow, we're like 'how you doing...zzzzzzzz'

Maz, that's cool that you're giving yourself some time to be sure.

And Ambz, sounds like the christening was a fun time!

Jodi, you could always leave some written guidelines for your MIL, if need be. But then again, it's one night, and she's been a mum before, so she should be alright, right? Maybe just leave a note about what's really important to you. Cos if you write everything, you'll end up writing an essay!

Well, after yesterday arvo's maaaajor grizzles, Riv slept through the night, which was SUCH a relief! I had been praying for that!
    He's asleep in mum's portacot (the one I slept in when I was little!) so I might take that with us this weekend...if we can fit it in the car!! Hmmm...

Later girls, will try and pop on before I leave tonight, even if it's just quickly

sh** we are doing the bedroom dance daily at the moment, thats why i thought of contraception, craig just cant keep his hands off........but we did want 2 together, and since im nearly 38 i better get going..........no i think i might wait a bit

caitlyn looks alot like shells ashleigh

Sex everyday chrissy!!! Wow your husband must love ya to bits!!
    Maz,i reckon 4 kids for you and the next will be a girl too.Called scarlett! but oh wait! you did say you would name her after me....(lol)
    Happy birthday nelle!!! Hope your camping goes great.Sounds like you lead such a fun life.
    Millana ha me up at 350am this morning and would not go back to sleep.I will be giving her panadol if it happens again as i saw that her molars are coming through.I gave her nurofen at 730am as she wouldnt stop whinging and crying and it worked so she must have had some sort of pain.Shes stuffed now as she went to playgroup.
    Ruby had me up twice! Not so bad.
    millana has fallen asleep on the couch which she never does!!! Better investigate.

chatty Ladies

can't remember if I came on yesterday Jack did fantastic with his needle a short 30sec cry and that was all

no reaction exceot he slept heaps and has been off his food a little, all normal apparently

and now for the great news I got 7 hours sleep he went down just before 11pm and didn't wake till 6.10am WOOOOO!!!!!! mind you I did wake twice to pee

he has been a bit funny today fed at 6.20am went down at 8am slept till 12pm managed to get 120ml into him and he was a bit pukey afterwards, am watching him closely worrying with it being quite warm an dnot feeding much, got him to take a little boiled water

but asides fromthat him sleeping yesterday and today meant I got most of ironing done, and got floors vac/washed WOOOO!!!!

hope you all have a great weekend

Yes hmm Caddie Bourke . I dont mind that at all. Just need a middle name now. Dont mind scarlett or Poppy. We'just wait and see. My mum reckons I'll end up with 5 like her now. Knowing my luck the next pg will be twins. Then I'll defently head for the hills.
    Vy slept from 7.30 last night until 4.15 this morning. Its slowly getting longer. She always seems to sleep like this when its Jed's turn to get up to her. WE take it in turns one night he gets up to her, the next its my turn. Then who ever doesn't get up to her through the night, gets up with all the kids. MInd you having a migraine today that goes straight down my next and into my bloody ear is making me feel so lovely.
    Chrissy - we haven't twanged since I had the m/c. Bit worried I'll fall pg again. I just have to sniff ovulation and im pg. HOw close would you want your last 2 then? Has any one made plans on when they want to fall pg again? I really dont want mine to close together it we do this time. Nikolaus and Wilhelm are 18 months apart and it has its ups but god it was also hard. I want to spend some time with Vy when the boys are at school so I'd probably look at 2.5 years to 3 but as I said before I'll just sit back and see.
    Might go and have some chocolate to try to get rid of this hammer in my head
    later chickens
    xxmaz

maz we're thinking when Nina is about 18 months old we'll try again. I fell pregnant straight away with Nina so hopefully I won't have any problems next time

ETA: Nina weighs 5.75kg now!!

We haven't decided as yet. Sometimes I think it would be nice to have them couple years apart so they have each other, I loved having siblings close in age. But other times I think it would be easier to wait til Ash starts school so I have the day to spend with the new bubs rather than trying to chase after atoddler. I guess I'll see when i start getting clucky for the next one.

Chrissy- I can't remember yr password for website, I wanted to check out the Caitlyn and Ashleigh resemblance.

ETA- Maz I love that pic of Vy, so cute, she's already in the xmas spirit!
    Last edited by shellbell3; November 24th, 2006 at 04:07 PM.

i want to try straight away, but i just booked tickets to QLD in july, so i will have to wait, craig is not that sure as my preganncy was hell, and he doesnt want me to go through that again, but i might get that injectiuon than 3 months later try, but i am nearly 38 and time is running out for me.........my kids josh-jess 16months jess-sean 2years 5 months, sean-tim 13months, tim-nicole 15months, nicole-caitlyn 8.5years, so i had 4 kids under 5 at one stage and 3 where in nappies!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT WAS I THINKING?????????????

SHELL ITS BOOLOO, BUT I HAVE TO GET ALL RECANT PICS ON, AND THE ONLY ONES THERE ARE WHEN SHE WAS ONLY A COUPLE OF WEEKS

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast