Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #14

gosh Anna thats a lot of formula, jack takes 120ml at a feed sometimes he will take 60ml in the hour after, he takes between 640-900 ml a day approx 6 120ml feeds and maybe 2 60ml, what formula are you using, S26 recomends 5 x 180ml feeds at 2mth I know its a guide, have you tried offering him straight boiled water before offering formula, sometimes they are thirsty especially when its been warm etc, a few times jack has seemed to want to eat heaps so I have taken to offering the water and he might only take 10ml but it quenchs his thirst

well :eek: jack went down at 11pm and woke at 6am WOOOO!!!!! i woke at 5.55am when Jase's alarm went off and went holy sh*t and raced in to check on him LOL, he was just stirring he has now fed been changed and gone back to sleep YAY!!!! would have been nice if he had done this yesterday when I had a 100 things to do LOL but isn't that always the way, today all I have to do is strip and remake our bed and his, wash his nappies and clothes and do quick vac, and be ready to leave here at 1.30pm

to all

My turn to brag YAY
    Vy went down at 8pm last night and didn't wake until 5 am. She only does this when its Jed's turn to get up to her. YOu wathc , tonight she'll be up around the clock.
    Helen - we do the St NIcholas day on the 6th cause we're German. The boys leave a carrot in their shoe and wake in the morning to find a little pressy in there. It starts the month in a high for them.
    AnnaT - Vy has about 160ml about every 3 hours through the day. I just go with her flow. I cant force feed her, like many people who BF think us mum's do. I also put a tea spoon of farex into her last bottle last night so maybe thats why she slept so long. She went back down at 5.30 and is still asleep, I'll have to wake her soon for the school run off.
    $hit I better go
    BBL
    xxmaz

go Vy

I finally downloaded messenger now how do I get all of you on there? I seem to have Anna, Nelle and Rikki already. I'm not up with technology!

shell, you can either put your email addy in your public file for us all to see and add you, or add everyone individually. Mine is in my profile if you want to add me, then you'll automatically be added to mine too.

I've got some great news ... I've managed to build up my milk supply back to what it was
    I've been drinking the milkshake recipe recommended from ABA to boost your supply, and feeding Nina every 2 - 2.5 hours during the day. And for the past 2 days she hasn't had any formula and last night slept 12 hours straight!!!!

under add a contacts just type in what ever email people use for msn I use [email protected]

Vy just saw your ticker, that is just gorgeous!

Caddie - congratulations on the 1.4kg weight loss this week!!

I've been drinking the milkshake recipe recommended from ABA to boost your supply
    Is that the Aktivite one? If so, it's fantastic.

Maz - Did you get my last e-mail? LOL... I've given you my private addy as well seeing as my Hotmail doesnt' like to talk to your BigponG . Vy looks gorgeous in your new ticker.

AnnaT - Wow, your little man is a piggy! Still, I dunno what the recommendations are with FF, but I'm sure he wont take more than he needs to grow. Surely what is on the tin cannot apply to ALL babies - they are all so different. Good idea about giving a little water sometimes tho from Rach.

Rach - Wooooo Hoooooo to little Jack's big sleep The first time Xander slept through, I reckon I coulda won a world record for how fast I ran to his room to see if he was ok.

Nelle - I'm sure vaccinations are voluntary, if you really feel that strongly about not giving them - it is your call.

To whomever asked about grocery bills... ours has gotten higher too. Tho I know a lot of it is because of my insationable appetite since BF'ing. I'm just so hungry all the time!

Congrats to Caddie on the weight loss.

Helen - Get you DH to chuck a sicky me thinks!

Bel - Thanks for the chat hon.

Ok, the little man wants boobie, gotta fly. BBL

Thanks Jodi-Lee. It easier than I thought.

Jodi, Ive tried water on numerous occasions but he just wont take it.
    Maz, Ive heard about putting farex into their bottles (my MIL suggested it) but my mother almost had a fit when I said about doing it reckons it can stuff up their digestive system or something? Im at my wits end as to what to do to keep him fuller for longer. I dont want to end up giving him 300ml of formula before he settles better and sleeps longer lol

Better get cracking on a shower and writing my shopping list, its grocery day today.

Be back later. (Might buy some Farex)

Quote Originally Posted by Anna** View Post

AnnaT - Wow, your little man is a piggy! Still, I dunno what the recommendations are with FF, but I'm sure he wont take more than he needs to grow. Surely what is on the tin cannot apply to ALL babies - they are all so different. Good idea about giving a little water sometimes tho from Rach.
    yeah what tim says is a recomendation only some need more some less, I was just a bit worried when AnnaT said 8-10 210ml bottles as that is so much

anna** - yep it's the activite one and it is sooo yummy, I can't stop drinking it!

Whats this Bfing recipe? Migt have to give it a go. I've never had to top Ash up but feel I'm quite low in the evenings and she really cluster feeds then.

maz- Sounds like Vy is already being daddy's little girl! They're always so good for their daddies.

AnnaT- i hate when Ash won't nap in the day cause i know the less sleep she has the harder she is to settle cause she gets so overtired. these babies of ours are so cheeky sometimes.

Nelle- immunisatios are up to you but remember the side effects from them are better than if River ever gets any of these illness's also its hard to get child care and kinder if your child isn't immunised.

Okay gotta go get ready, meeting my sister soon. Its only 13 degreees at moment and i am freezing, they still saying 32 for today though.

Im off to the wiggles today!!!! Better get organised i suppose. Have a nice day all!

Jodi - That Aktivite drink is sooo yummo! I did get a bit sick of the taste after a while as it is so sweet because of the skim milk powder, but it did the trick. After 3 days I had milk pouring out everywhere.

AnnaT - Introducing solids (ie Farex) before 6 months does put their kidneys under more strain as it is harder for them to digest, but that being said plenty of people have done it with no problems. My girlfriends bub is the same age as Xander and takes 300mL of formula at most feeds...

shell, this is the Lactation Milkshake.
    Ingredients:
    1 cup skim milk powder
    1 cup Activite
    1 litre Milk

Method:
    Mix all ingredients together in a Blender (or with a bar mix) until well combined.

Consumption:
    Drink one large glass in the morning then drink as required throughout the day. Three Days should be enough to have your milk flowing like there is no tomorrow.

It does work and tastes yummy!

ainsleigh is 3 weeks older than jett and she takes 240ml when she wakes up, then 180ml for three feeds then 240mls before bed. she will sometimes want topping up...and sometimes will take more (i have two 120ml bottles ready to go too). i know i was worried about her taking so much when she was about jett's age, but now she has settled. like the others said, he won't take more than he wants (oh, and also ainsleigh is a major spewer, so figure she loses a lot of her feeds. does jett spew?)

best dash, 7am and the girl is just stirring (woke me up at 6.15am though the little minx) we have mothers group today, and as it's a cooler day we might walk... have a good day girls!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast