Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #14

I seem to have a missed a couple of posts ... baby brain!

AnnaT - welcome back, how did the move go? Are you settled in now? I believe each formula is different with their recommendations. I noticed Karicare recommend a tad smaller dose than what S-26 recommend. I agree with what Anna said, he'll take only what he needs. Some babies are big feeders, others arent. Friends of ours has a baby born in September and weighs in at a whopping 7.5kg already! And was only 7pound born!! He's formula fed and apparently a big feeder.

Maz - congrats on Vy sleeping so well last night. Maybe you can have Jed look after her at night every night!! If he's anything like Heath, than the answer will be NO!

I think I have everyone now. Shell, how'd you go with adding everyone on MSN. I need to add more on too.

was reading back thru my posts this morning and I hope I haven't offended anyone

Hmm I might just introduce the Farex into his last feed at night so maybe he might sleep longer and not want to feed so much during the day. I know he wont want more than he needs but god it seems like all I do is make bottles and feed him. I have to confess Im a very naughty mother - I prop him up with the bottle sometimes as I just have ten million things to do and cant spend about 7 hours a day feeding him...........someone slap me!
    Rikki, he doesnt really spew much. Just the occasional dribble or cough up if he's drinking to fast.
    Shell, sorry but Im glad someone else is copping the no-sleep routine as well lol Im going to start leaving him in his crib to self settle during he day and see if that makes a difference. I ended up putting him in his swing last night until he fell asleep but I dont want to make it a habit.

May I bring up the topic of TTC?? Is anyone else going to do it in the next 12 months?? Or am I the only looney???

Hi girls,

I went out this morning didnt really have a great morning. I have made appointment to go to the childhood centre tomorrow morning with Julia which is good to see them and see how much Julia weighs now. I still breastfeed Julia and also give her top ups of formula 3 times a day. Her longest feed is the morning at 6.30am the others are normal and then I add the formula at the 1pm, 6pm and 10pm feeds and she sleeps until 6am each morning.

Shell - can you add me? my hotmail is [email protected]

BAck later for personals girls have to put Julia to bed now.

Bel
    xxx

rach - I don't think you've offended anyone. I seem to have missed a few posts though

belle - so good to see you on here. Sorry you didn't have a good morning. I always find if your morning is ****, then so is the rest of your day. Although I do hope the rest of your day isn't like that. Try and smile and think happy positive thoughts.

annaT - a lot of parents do start their bubs on some solids earlier so don't think you're a naughty mother for any reason. When I was a baby my mum gave me a full weekbix at 6 weeks and from then I would have one every morning!! I've given Farex to Nina a couple of times when she's been on a feeding frenzy and I feel my boobs are gonna fall off.
    You'll know if it hasn't agreed with him and it's too early. He'll be really unsettled and grizzly. If it has agreed with him he'll be content and may sleep longer.

I only have emails for anna**, belle, charli, rachael & adele. I'll check everyone's profile and see if they're in there.

AnnaT we hope to start TTC in April am seeing my RE today and asking him should we try naturally or just go straight back on the clomid

I hope I didn't offend you with my comments on how much formua Jett is having if I did sorry

annaT - just read about TTC in the next 12 months. We were talking about this about a week or so ago and there are a couple here that are going to start in the next 12 months. I can't remember all but I think Rach is. I'm not, we don't plan on starting TTC until Nina's about 18 months old. I fell pg straight away with her, so hopefully that'll be the case again.

I've changed my username to Jodi instead of jodi_lee. They were so quick with it, I only asked for it 2 hours ago.

ok, just added maz, rikki, helen_p & nelle to my list.

OMG, I can't believe Ambah is 3 months old already. Our babies are getting so big!

ETA: Just received my ss parcel in the mail. Thank you SS. Can't wait till we can open it
    Last edited by Visitor7; November 30th, 2006 at 11:30 AM. Reason: ss parcel has arrived

alright you girls can talk...I dont know were to start.
    I have no idea what my MSN user name is...I am utterly usless at it so can you share my address around with those who dont have it please.
    Caddie - hope your having a 'wiggly good time' couldnt help the pun. bet Millana will love it.
    Belle - Bigs hugs being sent your way babe.
    As for the hole forumula - farex -feeding thing. Its a hard one really cause so many people have their views and are set in their ways. AnnaT - follow your nose hon, do what you feel is right. I feed Vy a little baby mashed fruit (from the tin) at lunch too. She's stopped the tongue reflex thing and just pigs out. She knows if Im heading towards her with 'her' spoon and a small winnie the pooh bowl that her foods coming and she gets so excited.
    Rach - if yourve offended someone, Im sure they'll let you know. If we cant speak our minds here, whats the point? I think the same as you, thats a hell of a lot of formula for one little guy but he quiet obviously needs it or he wouldn't be taking it. Its not like you can force feed a formula feed baby. They'll spew it back at you if they've had to much. And if their full, they wont suck on the bottle, they'll just chew on it. Now I hope I haven't offended you or any one else.
    Elephant is screaming for lunch so I best be gone
    BBL
    xxmaz

hey girls,

another hot day here but i have gotten some much done i have finished wrapping all the christmas gifts while akira was at kindy

jodi - i know its has been a bad year for us this year i said to simon she better not be like this again next year or im runnong away lol but i like your idea aswell lol .

maz - i did have my weigh in and i lost 1.6 kgs YAY.

caddie -well done on your weight loss so how much is that all up so far ??

so what time will the chat start for the belle cause then i can work it out from that as im only 30mins behinde from her in time.

well im off riley is mucking around with his bottle the cheeky thing.

later

Adele

Hi Girls,

I really can't keep up with this thread, it goes too fast so I'm not going to even attempt personals.

Samuel's still a really good baby. I can't believe my luck third time around. He's still fully breastfed and only having 4 or 5 feeds a day. Most days it's 4 but every 3 or 4 days he wakes earlier in the morning and adds an extra feed. He's so contented he feeds is awake for about 1.5 hours lying on his mat on the floor and then goes back to sleep until his next feed. His last feed is 7.00pm on the dot every day no matter when he last fed and then he sleeps from around 8.30pm to 6 or 7ish, unless it is a 5 feed day and then he will wake at 4 feed and go straight back to sleep.

He was weighed last week and is now 5.9kg so is obviously getting enough to eat as he's the same weight that his sister was at 3 months and he wasn't even 2 months yet.

I'm going to the belly belly NSW Christmas dinner on Saturday night in Parramatta and can't wait to meet up with other belly belly members. Are you still going Belle, if so it will be good to meet you. I'm taking Samuel with me as I'm spending the weekend in Sydney as I'm from Newcastle. I'm going down with my friend who is in the March belly buddies.

Well I must go and get back to sorting Christmas presents and digging out the tree ready to put up tomorrow. Kaitlyn is so excited and has been counting down the days till the tree goes up and she can start eating her chocolates out of her advent calendar.

Hey Pip yes im going to the dinner too! see you there! Nat (Rayla) is going too. Look forward to meeting you! and you are bringing Samuel! Im leaving Julia at home.

AnnaT - your bub is taking how much formula he wants/needs to grow honey, every baby is different. My PAED told me the indication on the formula is just a guide.. I give Julia my boob and 180mls in the arvo so who knows how much she gets I cant measure my boob!

Charli - thanks for the hugs mate, Im ok this arvo just feeling lightheaded and tired from the medication, will be ok.

Anna - hows Xander today????

Maz, Adele, Jodi - thanks for the chats today. Big hugs ...

Bel
    xxx

annat i dont think your giving him too much if he is taking it all your doing a good job riley is on 250 ml every 3-4 hrs sometime even 300ml depeands on the day.

and YOu CAN NOT force feed a formula baby at all they will only drink as much as they want it is the same as a b/f baby.

i think the people that have a problem with annt giving her baby that much shoule see how much there baby is having as every baby is different.

Adele

I havent taken offence Rach, it seems like heaps to me to but if I cut it down to 120ml a feed he is screaming about 15min after drinking the lot wanting more. I didnt get any of the farex because there were like a bazillion different kinds. MAZ, MAZ do you use the 4mth rice cereal or the 6+mth whatever?????

He actually slept the whole 2 hours we were out, and then at our last stop he smiled and "talked" the whole way round the store in the baby-trolley. I had another mum compliment me on my beautiful boy and also say that I looked fabulous. Um yeah ok if 10kg overweight is fabulous.....

Anyhoo I should be doing something constructive or Dh will rip into me when he gets home about being lazy.

Hope everyone's having a great day!

AnnaT - I use the 4 month rice for Vy and just a heap teaspoon into the bottle AFTER its warm up. Shake the crapola out of it to and make sure yourve got a bigger teat hole. Ive got one teat especially fo rnight time feeds.

Well done adele on the 1.6kg weight loss!! woohoo.I have lost 2.8kg so far.
    Wiggles was good though i am tired as this week i have been a busy mummy,i got abit teary when greg said his goodbyes on the bigscreens.I must be bloody hormonal!! Speaking of which i forgot to take my pill so better go do it nowwww....

Okay, anyone that wants to add me to there messenger: [email protected]

Congrats caddie and Adele on the weight loss. Must make you feel fantastic knowing your hard work is paying off.

poor Ash got really upset at the shops today i think she was just tired and all the noise and lights prolly were too stimulating. She had a sleep in the car and was so settled once we got home.

just to let those know who haven't seen the ad theres a show on tonight 8:30, channel 9 called look whos talking. Don't know if its going to be any good but thought i"d check it out. Something to do with babies cries I think.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast