Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #19

Just been reading my Wonder weeks,it says for the 19 week development stage that you may start seeing probs as early as 14 weeks, so that may be our prob cause Ash is showing alot of the things they describe, the poor sleeping, clinginess, wanting my constant attention, mood swings (she can go from chatting happily to crying in a second.) I just hope it doesn't go on til she reaches the 19 week mark!

Ambz- I think the beach is okay, i think the main thing with bubs and swimming is just to not let them in for too long cause they can get cold quite easily.

awesome!! i cant wait to take her!!! thanks ladies!!!

wow just got some washing done and settled up .... still havent bathed the dogs lol

savanna had the same runny poo's too last week. it went of for two weeks. she also had teh same symptoms related to teething. she is pretty restless when sleeping but still sleeps through without waking up for a feed ( only cause im really quick to get up and put her dummy in before she wakes completely)

she also goes from chatty and smiling to crying in an instant.
    she pulls this sooky face before she lets out a cry so its like a warning. sooooo cuteeee i want to bite her
    hahaah

my aunty suggested giving her a little arrowroot powder mixed with a little water to make it pasty to settle her tummy. i did that and the poo's pretty much went back to normal the next day. i dont know if thats what fixed it or it just happened naturally but she seems alot more comfy after that. also the screaming when drinking thing went on at the same time too. but thats all pretty much stopped now. i think it comes in phases....*holds breath till next one comes on*

she has also been drinking baby apple juice from last week. seems to like it alot. its very very diluted too.

better go change.. got a friend coming over with some makeup goodies for me.. yayyy

Have fun shopping for bathers Ambz.

Love

By the way,sorry rikki you lost your present from hubby!! Thats awful.I hope it turns up for you.

Hey girls!

Have fun at the beach Ambz!

Well umm....I really have nothing to say! I love having Rans home on the weekends though - I spent some of today reading The Hobbit, in the hammock in the backyard. Soo nice.

Well, back if anything actually happens in my life! Take it easy girls xo

hey girls,

rikki - sorry to hear you lost you braclet hope it turns up.

jodi - your welcome let me know if you want more i have heaps.

ambz- have fun at the beach.

caddie - hope ruby gets better soon. riley is doing runny poos as well but that is from his medince grrr he has finally finished it today yay.

nelle - that would have been great im glad you enjoyed your day i say make the most of it.

i feel asleep today and woke up to a new dvd player and sound system wtf simon went out and get it all for me today. im so glad akira was getting crappy cause she could watch dora.

well im off the bath her ive done riley all ready.

later girls

adele

Just popping in to say Hi
    With DH home I dont get a chance to be on here much. Jett is super grumpy too sooooooo he is high maintenence atm lol I think he is teething and having a growth spurt. He tried to deliberately roll today but couldnt quite get it. He got so frustrated he yelled for a good 10min! We are sleeping him in his cot in his own room tonight, its time to get out of the bassinette and our bedroom as he is a restless sleeper and way to big for the bass. So we bought a monitor (the breathing alarm one cause I am a worry wart) and Im about to put him to bed and see how he goes...............

For those Mama's who are FF (if your not you can answer too if you like) - are your bubs suddenly feeding more frequently, like every 2 hours instead of 3+? Jett is feeding every 1.5-2 hours lately and never seems satisfied. Im contemplating starting solids at 4mths because of it.

AnnaT - Nina is feeding heaps more, and she's b/f. She never seems satisfied. Last night it was every 2 hours, which is very unlike her. And she is on some solids now. So the solids aren't helping in that regard. Just keep in mind that sometimes the solids don't help with night sleeping, and sometimes they do. I started solids at 4 months as I felt Nina was ready, and she loves her food now. The growth spurt that Nina is going through at the moment is a biggy and she is extremely fussy, cranky, hungry all the time, maybe Jett is starting to go through that one as well? There seems to be a few bubs going through it now.
    With the monitor, did you get the Angelcare? I got that one and love it! It gives me peace of mind knowing if anything was to go wrong then the alarm will set off.

hey grirls

annat - riley was feeding every hour on the dot and finishing 250mls easy and was looking around for more so on friday enough was enough i gave him food and he has been sleeping better and having a bottle every 3 hrs again. so i would try foodwith him as that may help.

jodi riley sure is going though it lol. i have both kids doing it ahhh

well im offf

later

adele

Anna, the bubs do go through an unsettled period around 3 -4 months. It's good that food helped Riley for Adele, but most mums find that food doesn't fix it, as it's really not solids that they need. In fact it can make it worse as for many bubs at that age their digestive system isn't ready. It's entirely up to you, but I personally wouldn't try food yet. Like the 6 weeks growth spurt, this fussy period usually passes. Jack went through it but didn't even want solids at 6 months. He was at least 8 months before he'd take even a teaspoon of solids and has really only started eating well in the last month (at 22 months). The signs that a bub is ready are losing the tongue-thrust reflex, getting teeth and showing interest in food, although showing interest in food alone is not enough. The other two signs are more important. At the very least I would test the tongue-thrust reflex before trying food. If their instinct is to push food out of their months then I take that as a good sign that they are not ready for food.

Rikki, sorry I forgot to say before, how awful for you to have lost that bracelet. I really hope it turns up for you. Any chance your insurance will cover it if it doesn't turn up?

I hope all the unsettled bubs settle soon.

Tom is going through it too, and is definitely starting the teething signs too. At least Jack is being really good and sleeps well even though he is teething.

Time to go and make Jack's lunch.

Jodi - yep we got the AngelCare monitor and I love it too, gives me peace of mind that the alarm will sound if there is a problem. He slept from 10:30pm to 8:15am last night, after I finally fell asleep waiting up to make sure he was ok (Im a loser arent I lol) and he didnt stir once. Im so glad it was easy, I was afraid he'd suddenly go back to waking once a night.

I think I may try him on the solids in a week or two and see how he goes, if he isnt interested then I'll delay a little longer. Jett already sleeps well during the night, just not during the day although is is asleep now which is too late for a nap, so Im not thinking solids for that reason, just that he seems so hungry all the time and has already had licks here and there of things we eat..........

HI ya chickens...did ya miss me NAH!!!!!
    Oh Rikki I hope the bracelet still turns up somewere out of the blue for you. You must be so heart broken. Can you remember were you had it or saw it last?
    I cant get over how much of a bad week everyone is having. Thank god im not the only one. I took a suitcase full of cloth nappies away with me only to have Vy $hit through the eye of a needle (like ruby Caddie) so we went through them really quickly and i had to buy disposables.:mad: then my SIL hold Vy outside until 9pm and she wakes through the night with a really bad cold that has now gone to her chest. Oh could kill SIL!!!!!! So guess who else is as sick as a dog and has lost her voice ME!:twisted: not happy Jan.
    Shell you IL's need an ass whopping. God people can be so rude! Can you tell I had a good time girls..
    BBL Vy's just woken from a 4 hour sleep (thanks the lord!)

Hi all,
    oh i am sooo jealous of those with bubs that sleep thru the night, I'm lucky if Ash wakes only twice a night. Oh well, i guess its not forever!

Hi Maz- Hope you and vy arwe getting over your colds, ahh sounds like you had such a great time!

AnnaT- Thats great Jett took so well to the cot, Ash was a bit funny on her first night but wasn't too bad.

We've had a pretty good day today, hopefully its going to last, Ash has actually been in a good mood and settling better for sleeps again and actually had 1.5 hrs this morn and 2 45min naps, quite good for her. It must be her new years resolution!
    So is anyone else spending there new years eve as a lonely loser? Df is going out to party and I'm stuck home alone. :frown: I guess I'll just be boring and have an early night, wish I could see the fireworks, there not that good on TV need to see the real thing.

shell - Im going to be in bed when the clock hits 12 this year. I really cant be Flurried with it at all. God, last year I was drunk as a skunk and pg without knowing. Oh those C. sucking cowboys do it to you every time lol
    OH my SIL (the good one) gave me a cd called music for sleeping and it sends Vy off. I have a little cd player in her room and I just put it on repeat all day. Its very calming and relaxing. If anyone wants a copy, let me know and I'll burn you one.

I'd be interested in a copy Maz, might help my little buddha sleep during the day so we can get a nap routine going! Sorry your holidays were bad. Family are great arent they

Dont worry Shell Im having a loser NYE too They dont do much here in the way of fireworks etc, I so miss being near the city! Next year we are getting a hotel room in either Melb or Syd so we can actually see the fireworks.
    I guarantee I'll be asleep by midnight. Suits me to blissfully slip into 2007 without remembering my loser NYE lol

im a loser too.cant be bothered going to the beach so having a chook webber at home.Im having a nice wine though.I didnt want to organise stuff.
    Welcome home maz,we did miss you.Its been quieter the last few days.
    I got farex for ruby but she still pokes her tounge out so not ready for it yet.

Maz- Yes please I'd love a copy. Just let me know postage costs. I'll PM you my address.

maz I'd love a copy too. I'll PM you my address.
    We're doing nothing tonight. DH is home and I have a bottle of wine, which I'll probably get into, but that's about it.

Today was an absolute horror of a day ... started off with Nina not wanting to go down for her morning nap, even though she was extremely tired. Then while I was in the shower, I heard Heath scream, followed by Nina scream. I raced out totally naked, dripping wet, with Heath racing to me with Nina saying he'd just dropped her!!! On the tiles face first!!!! He was so mad at himself and so scared for Nina. We tried settling her, she wouldn't feed so we gave her some panadol which she took. About 5 minutes later, she was struggling to breathe, so I sat her up and she threw up everywhere. We called the ambulance and went up to hospital. She got the all ok and came home. She finally had a nap, only for 40 minutes and didn't have another for the rest of the day. It's just taken me an hour to get her to sleep now. God knows what our night will be like. Heath is still shaken up and angry at himself. He tripped over her swing while walking past it and his first reaction was to cover his face, and let Nina go. It's so easy to do, generally your first reaction when falling is to look after yourself, so I really feel for him.

annat - good luck with the solids. What are you going to start off with, rice cereal?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast