Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #19

I'd love a copy too Maz - Have you still got my address? Just let me know how much I owe you.

Jodi - Poor little Nina... so glad that she seems ok tho. What a huge scare. Heath must be in a right state after doing that - poor bugger.

bbl chickies... my little monkey is having a rotten time with this whole teething thing. From what I can see (and my Mum and friend) it looks like there are four trying to break through. OUCH.

Happy New Year to you all! It'll be a quiet one here as well... hmmm, maybe not quiet with Xander's screaming, but you know what I mean!

Love yas all
    xx

Oh Anna, I know how you feel, Nina has 2 teeth coming through (hopefully soon) and it's really unsettling her. She's been biting down on me when feeding her and it hurts! Very sharp, so they can't be too far away.
    Xander behave yourself and let your mummy enjoy herself tonight!!!!!!

OMG poor Heath he must feel so bad. I know the feeling, I used to lay Jett on the couch with a pillow beside him so he couldnt fall off. A few weeks back Im not looking for one second and BAM he decided to ROLL OVER THE PILLOW AND OFF THE COUCH! I heard him crying hysterically and found him face down on the floor. He was fine just upset. I swear I aged 5yrs in that second I heard him scream. All part of parenting unfortunately

Well we tried some rice cereal tonight just for fun and you should have seen him! Not only did he open his mouth as soon as he saw the spoon, he cried when there was none left I guess thats a loud "Yes please!" to solids. I think after a week or two on 1 feed of rice cereal a day I might try some normal foods. Any suggestions girls???

On another topic, I had Jett on leaning on my boppy on his stomach, as he has taken to crying when he has tummy time now for some reason. Well we'll have to think of something else because one minute he was happily drooling away looking at the TV, next thing he is CRAWLING over the boppy onto the floor. Then after I put him back he decides to crawl over then start rolling sideways off it. It was hilarious, I took pics and they are on our webpage God I cant take my eyes off him for a second anymore, can anyone say grey hairs at 21yo??? lol

Jodi- God jodi, how scary! Poor Nina and Heath, it'll be so hard to forgive himself and as you said its just an automatic reaction when you trip. Thank god though that she got the all clear at the hospital. She prolly got such a huge fright as well. I'd say after a good night sleep she'll be much better.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

annat - I think that's great what Jett did with the food. I would try Nina on one particular food for about a week, if it seemed to agree with her, then move onto something else. I think you'll know pretty much straight away if it doesn't agree with him. I can't believe how much he's moving around, he'll be crawling before you know it!!

sharleen - bummer 'bout tonight. We had a quiet one, had some of Heath's family around to see till midnight now heading off to bed. Nina's been sleeping really well tonight, so far so good.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

Ash woke at 5 to midnight so I got to say Happy new year to her while she was having a feed which was nice but things went downhill cause she ended up waking 4 times again last night! I don't know if this is a phase or if I now have a problem of her needing the breast to fall asleep everytime she wakes up. Its the only way to settle her again. I guess only time will tell. So this morning I feel crappy and tired and I haven't even been out partying!

Jodi- How is Nina this morn? Does she seem alot more settled?

Happy New Year Girls and Bubs!!! Thanks for all your concern about my bracelet. Has not showed up so far, but I got my hair cut by a Mum from MG that morning and she left a message on my machine last night, so fingers crossed....

We were supposed to go to a party last night, but I decided it was too hard with the girl so went to a bbq instead. Had a great time, but was struggling to see NY. Then hubby rang from the mine so that was nice.

Maz - I'd love a copy of the CD. I think you still have my address, let me know how much for the blank and postage.

Jodi - What a terrible scare for you, Heath and Nina. Glad she is ok.

Well we are in preparation mode as we head to Townsville tmw night. I am feeling a bit overwhelmed about flying all that way with Ainsleigh (hopefully she sleeps, but no bassinet so will only be in my arms) and about being inundated with all Sam's family. I have only met his Mum and brothers, none of the extended family. I'm sure it will be fine once we get there.

rikki - how long you in Townsville for? We're heading there on Wednesday through to Sunday.

shell - Nina is my normal gorgeous little girl this morning!! Thank gawd! I think it's the growth spurt with the feeding constantly. Nina was sleeping really well at night, now every time she wakes up she won't settle without boobie, even if that was only 2 hours previous. She's waking around 3 times a night now, 11.30, 2.30 & 4.30 EVERY SINGLE NIGHT!!

She woke up at 6 this morning, I changed her nappy while she was still in her cot, big mistake! She weed just as I took the original nappy off. And then thought that was fun to roll around in her pee! Thankfully after I dressed her and fed her, again, I took her back into bed with me and she slept till 9.

Rikki - I hope that message means some good news about your bracelet!

Shell - We're gettign heaps of night wakings over here as well, and he will only have boobie to go back to sleep. Hope it settles down soon.

Jodi - Oh no! Rolling about in her pee. It's so annoying when that happens (yet so funny too!)

AnnaT - Jett is gonna be on the move very soon by the sounds of things. Way exciting.

Well, I went to bed at about 10pm last night knowing full well my little man would wake heaps - he did, but then slept through all the fireworks and noise at midnight. Go figure!

Jodi- Ashleigh is waking roughly around same time most nights as Nina! Lets hope its just a phase.

I am off to catch up with friends today. The friends house I'm going to said she has had barely any sleep, her neighbours had a party, music blaring til 6am! She called the police twice but they did nothing, just told her to get some sleep, yeah right bit hard.

Hi girls

Happy new year everyone! I will try my best to keep up with posts and keep posting, I have been hiding under a rock, still unwell but will try my best to come out of it. Julia is going well

Jodi- I hope Nina is ok this morning, tell Heath I share his pain, I cant believe it happened to me last week and you this week. Im so scared everytime I still hold her and put her in her rocker that I dont trip over again.

Hope you all have a good day.

Bel
    xxx
    Last edited by *Belle*; January 1st, 2007 at 10:33 AM.

belle - great to see you on here. Yeah, Heath's still pretty upset with himself and everytime he holds her, he's being very cautious!! I must admit, I'm really cautious with him holding her too. I know it was an accident, but I keep thinking how much worse it could have been.

It's sooo hot here today. Just hung out a load of washing and I had sweat dripping down me. Heath's laying down in the a/c in our room, and Nina's asleep, so I took her into our room in the a/c and they can have a sleep together. She hates the heat, will only sleep properly in the a/c.
    What's with our bubs waking so much at night? Shell, Anna, I can't believe you guys are going through the same thing! Nina slept through the fireworks here too. We're about 25km out of Cairns CBD where they had the fireworks but you could still here them clearly from here.

Gosh SOOOO Much to catch upo on... I hope I caught it all...

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL...

We had a great night last night, Kiara was a gem, and I had a bottle of champers... and NO hang over... very happy!

Can I just get back to the cup thing... I was thinking about trying one out with Kiara as they have 3mth+ ones from avent... Do I give it to her every feed?

And about solids, how do you know when to start? I don;t want to start Kiara just yet, but as it's that time coming up... what should I look out for...

Sorry for the silly questions... and no personlas... I am heading back to bed as Kiara is sound asleep!

ETA - Jodi - What area of Cairns are you? We have friends in Clifton Beach, and honeymooned in Port... we visit TNQ every year just about!

Happy 2007 Girls! Hope everyone enjoyed their nights, even if they were quiet ones at home! We just had our best mates come over, where I was on the winning team for both Pictionary AND Articulate! Gooooo me! (Can you tell I'm a tad competitive?)
    Anyway, my best friend and I were right turds, and when we noticed it was midnight we didn't tell the boys but just giggled and whispered happy new year and started guessing how long it'd take for them to notice. They were pretty annoyed when they realised they'd missed it! :P

Man Jodi, that sounds like it was scary, glad Nina's a-ok though! Poor Heath, I remember how bad Rans felt when he cut Riv's finger a bit when he was cutting nails! And I know how you feel too - I know it was just an accident, but I'm the one who cuts the fingernails now!

Ohhh all this waking in the night doesn't sound fun, hope it's a phase that ends soon and all your babies suddenly start sleeping through! I suppose it's good that they're growing though :P

Hi Belle! Good to see you!
    Ohhh Shell, your poor friend! Can't believe the police didn't care. Guess they can't attend every rowdy new years party. I always thought they had to go if someone called them though.
    Hey that'd be cool if you guys managed to meet up Jodi & Rikki! I can't wait to meet some of you girls! Have fun in Townsville anyway!
    Oh that's funny about Jett, AnnaT! Glad he's taken to food so well!

So what are all you girls doing for contraception again? Most of you are on the pill right? Cos we broke our drought (still in 06 haha) and I know how much I hate the pill, cos it kills my sex drive, but I just can't do condoms, we threw the packet and the condom out halfway through yesterday, they are really uncomfy for me. So...I am stuck for options. I'm assuming the injection would have much the same effects as the pill.
    I don't know, maybe I'll just suck it up, have all my kids super close together and then Rans can get the snip? He wants them pretty close together anyway.

Well, Rans is taking the Christmas tree down at the moment, and I need to do a bit of tidying. And I might make muffins (got a new mixer from vouchers from my BIL and Rans work). Yummm. Hope everyone's enjoying their day! xo

Mel - With the Avent cup, I found Xander couldn't get the liquid out, and still has trouble at 4.5 months with it. The Mag Mag spout cup has been great since he was about 3.5 months.

Jodi - I wish I knew what was up with our bubbas, I know it isn't the heat as Perth was quite cool last night. Xander did have a 2 hour nap this morning which he never does (he's a catnapper) so at least I got a few things done.

Bel - I hope that 2007 sees you well again hon, you are such a gorgeous girl and it's terrible that you are having such a rough time.

Hey Nelle! You are your friend were so cheeky keeping the midnight to yourselves!

Glad everyone mostly had good a good NYE even if quiet. DH and I were in bed by 9:30 so take the prize for being losers. Although I was up feeding Tom at midnight. It's the first time I've seen the New Year in with a babe at my breast and I must say it was actually quite nice!

Mel, with regard to solids, I put this in a previous post, HTH. The signs that a bub is ready are losing the tongue-thrust reflex, getting teeth and showing interest in food, although showing interest in food alone is not enough. The other two signs are more important. Most bubs don't need solids until 6 months, and if bf, sometimes beyond that. I also think the mag mag cup is a good way to start a young one, it worked well with Jack.

Jodi, how terrifying for you all. So glad that Nina is ok.

Mel, I'm in Mount Sheridan, which is southside of Cairns. Clifton Beach is northside. Have you got any plans to come up this year?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast