Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #2

Panna unfortunatley this will continue until 1)they can hold it in themselves by sucking and 2) when they can pop it in themselves. Millana my first had a dummy and i was continually getting up in the night for the dummy and not the bottle. Ruby doesnt have a dummy(she doesnt like it) so when shes older i want have to worry about it.Now she just cries more often and at times sucks her fingers. So you can percivere or ditch it!
    They both have there advant/disadvant.

riley was like that for a while i would sit there all the time just putting it back in. so i gave up doing that cause i wasnt getting any sleep lol.

i would get him to sleep with out it. it might take longer but it works in the end trust me on that one.

good luck with whatever you do

adele

I am so happy LOL AF is here LOL now just 5 cycles till we start TTC again

oh and Jack gave his first for sure definate smiles no mistaking these for wind

yah Rach

Love

Sarah Kate Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Panna View Post
    Hi all

Just wondering if anyone else has had a problem with the dummy?
    Stewart won't sleep without it but continully spits it out during the night and starts crying untill I put it back in.
    I end up awake most of the night putting the dummy back in which is very frustrating. Does anyone have any suggestions or has anyone else had this problem?

Gotta love the spit the dummy out so mummy will come and put it back in trick . Would have to be Emma's favourite game.

Girls my baby has her first real headcold . We are currently using FESS for her nose and panadol but I feel so sorry for her because it sounds like she is struggling to breathe. I am constantly going into her room to make sure she IS breathing.

Has anyone elses bubs had a cold at this age? How did you manage?

:hugs: Sarah

I am so worried Jack will get my cold

Sarah Kate Guest

Thanks Rach. I hope not too. Its awful. And on top of her colic its all I need right now

sarah kate - sorry to hear you little girl is sick have you tried to prop her up a little ?? that might help with her breathing a bit better. if she sleeps in a cot you could get a wedge of foam to have under her cot sheet but wake it wide enough so she cant get in between it.

or just stick her in the parm as that isnt as flat.

hope these ideas help. just hang in there it is hard when they are sick at this age.

good luck

Adele

Rach, I admire you. I can't even imagine thinking about trying again so soon. It all still seems a bit overwhelming to me.

What a gorgeous ticker Panna.

Hope that Little Emma gets better soon Sarah Kate.

I get Eithan weighed and measured tommorrow. So I will be able to see how he measures up against Xander and Nina, as they are pretty much the same age as Eithan. I just hope he has grown nicely.

Love

I didn't get a chance to have Nina weighed today, will do it tomorrow.

sarah kate - what about lying her on her side with a rolled up towel or something behind her for support? That worked with Nina when she had a cold. That and panadol. Fortunately it was gone within 48 hours. Good luck

Panna it took us 5 years to get Jack so we think TTC in 6 mths wont work so 6mths after that we see RE and hopefully clomid will, work again for us

sarah kate when ainsleigh had a cold when she was only a few weeks old, i found that showering with me helped to clear her up. i also put vicks on my chest (under my shirt so that it did not touch her skin) while i cuddled her... not much else i can suggest really but hope she gets better very soon xx

Sorry to hear of bubbas being sick! So sad seeing littlies all stuffed up with colds etc.

Jodi_Lee - I wonder how big Nina is now, in your latest photo of her, she looks like she has gained heaps! Xander (I think) has slowed a little this week - I reckon he's only gained about 100grams or so.

I can't believe some of you are already up to thinking about ttc again! wow.. I just listed all my old maternity clothes on ebay tonight as we are only having the one bubba. The ttc journey was just too much/long for us and put a strain on our marriage. Also we aren't willing to risk twins as I need to take Clomid.

I got all teary and super emotional today girls ... Xander is officially no longer a newborn (12 weeks old today).
    Time has just gone way too fast, before you know it, these little tikes will all be walking! What happened to my teeny little baby that I bought home from the hospital that stormy night? Oh gawd, I'm such a sook!

hugs anna... i'll be just as sooky, although we are planning on trying for a second. i think the same (where has my tiny bubby gone) everytime i look at ainsleigh. i think she will be giving xander and nina a run for their money in the piggy stakes!

Sarah Kate - get some Eucky bear rub, its vics for babies. Vy's got a cold and Ive put that on her chest as well as elevated her head side of the cot.
    Caddie - Vy's been gagging on her snot really bad. How the hell do you cope when Ruby does it. I was totally beside myself last night and this morning. Man you need a bloody medal! as soon as she bought up the flem she just started smiling straight away as if to say thanks. I cried my eyes out.
    Panna - GAffa tape mate re dummy..lol.
    Booking into my doctors for tomorrow cause my bleeding after this m/c has worsened. I want to wait until the boys are at school cause we dont want them to know whats going on. Then we get invited to a birthday party for saturday and I really feel like going like a hole in the head. EVeryone will be like, why aren't you going in the pool maz? yeah [email protected]@k off!
    Anna - big hug mate..I cant believe how quickly our babies are growing up. Xander is gonna be a lady killer man...look at those eyes.
    Sharleen - have you got heaps of names yet for the chrissy thingo? Does any one mind if I make something for them? I like to scrap book things cause its more personal for me that's all.
    better go and shower and start the day some how....
    xxmaz

good morning girls,

what a night we had to call a dr out for akira as she broke out in a rash and didnt know what it was. we found out it wasthe apple bar she ate that caused it.

maz- big hugs for you hope your dr appt goes alright. i dont mind if you make anything for the kk.

well im off to check on akira as she is in my bed watching tv.

later

adele

Firstly, thanks for the hugs girls.. it has been a long time since I've been that emotional! I'm ok today tho.

OMG Adele - you aren't having a good run as of late with one thing or another. Hope it all settles down at your place soon.

Maz - I reckon making something for the KK is a great idea.The only thing I make are decorated cakes, they might be a little hard to post! :eek: . Giggles at Xander being a lady killer... I reckon he's gonna be a shy one, he already goes all coy and hides when he giggles/smiles.

Rikki - Considering Ainsleigh is a lot younger than the older bubs in this group, she is doing great guns in the piggy stakes!

Has anyone heard from Belle lately? I know she has been pretty down, so have been a bit worried about her not popping in to say hi to us all. I might give her a call after Mummy Group today me thinks.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast