Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #2

Hi girls

Thanks to everyone who has been thinking of me, I havent really had time to post from organising Julia's baptism and also shes been really unsettled this week also. Im still alive and still here. My there are so many girls in our Sept thread now.. welcome to the new girls. Trescillian came today and thankfully she has put on weight!! we are very happy..so looks like the breastfeeding is working better and also giving her the two topups of formula per day. Im still really tired, hopefully I can catchup on some sleep this weekend

Hello to everyone I will need to catchup on everyones posts.. so much to read.. havent had time at all to do anything.

Bel
    xxx

Nice to see you back on belle,glad julia has put on weight for you,thats fantastic to hear.
    Hope the baptism goes smoothly and its a wonderful day for all!

shellbell she said you do need 2 people and best to do when bub is sleppy or asleep but asides from that wasn't to hard

well dr visit went ok, Jack is fine, he gave me some saline drops to put in his nostrils about 5min before a feed to help with the snuffly probs he has been havin gwhile feeding

but me well..........he thinks I have a bacteial infection in my trachia region and gave me some good strong anti bi so hopefully by next week I will feel good again, tis hard to feel like crap have AF and look after a baby

TTYL as soon as jack has his b ottle we are ahving nap, but looks like he is asleep alreayd so I might lay down now too

Just back from the docs,Ruby now weighs 4530g and she only cried a little with her needles.I also got my contraceptive.I am taking yasmine,good with moods and doesnt put on weight.The last pill threw away my sex drive!
    Now i just have to get the 2 rats to have a afternoon ninie so i can eat lunch in peace and relax. I hope they do...

Belle - So happy to hear you are well, thanks for the chat on the phone this morning. Great news that Julia is gaining weight! woo hoo... keep up the great work hon.

Maz - I hate it when I lose a post!! Big hellos to you! You feeling a bit better now?

ChrissyT - I've kinda got a vague sort of routing happening with Xander now .. also after swearing I wouldn't. But he kinda fell into it for himself over a few days (which happens to have included a 2 hour sleep in the middle of the day), I've just made him stick to it since then! It's working well for us, but he still feeds HEAPS during the day. Let us know how you go with it.

Rach - You got that package yet?

I love all those hand cast things, but I've left it a bit late with Xander, his hands are HUGE in comparison to when he was born so it just doesn't seem worth doing now. Slack I know. I want to see piccies once you've all done them tho.

Helen - Wow. Bella was a big girl! I reckon Eithan is just about perfect... such a cute little boy.

Caddie - $5000!!! OMG.. some people have way too much spare cash. I've heard the Twinkletoes are the absolute best for casts etc... never heard a bad thing about the finished product.

Xander is such a cheeky little boy, he grins and giggles quite a lot these days and whilst I miss my little newborn, I'm loving this new stage in his life. He has also just realised he has feet and wont stop staring at them - wonder what he is thinking?
    I've uploaded a couple of new pics to my homepage of him if you are interested.

Catch ya chickees... gotta do some housework whilst he is sleeping.

i noticed this morning that ainsleigh has that same foot infatuation thing happening anna! tis very funny. i was given the plaster casting set as a gift when she was born, and it says two people job so DH and i said that will be our first job when he gets home next as she will be 12 weeks old then.

ainsleigh slept heaps yesterday (up at 5.30am then two three hour naps!) so she only had four bottles in total. as expected she was up at 4.30am and has only cat napped today. typical, as I am going out tonight and she is going to pop's for a sleepover (i'll go back to my dad's to sleep after i go out). best go and do my housework while she is quiet in the swing... in fact i think she has nodded off, but when i moved her last time she woke right up so she can stay!

hello to all!

sooooo tired, not really with it ATM. Love you all. Will try to grab 1/2hr sleep while he's down. Poor Bella, not much time with mummy lately and I feel soooo bad.

Love

Hey Caddie how are you? Congrats on Ruby's weight gain thats excellent news. What percentile is she in? Julia only weighed 4170kg today so very low on percentile so I am still worried, Im very happy for you though as Ruby is a good weight and only 2 days older than Julia.

Anna**- thanks for the chat this morning was great..today has flown by, and guess what this arvo Julia fed at 11am, 1pm, 3pm and 4pm so far must be a growth spurt for sure..

Charli - thanks for the chat the other day lets catchup again soon.

Helen - hon do you have your mobile again? will pm you my numbers again if you like so you can give me a call to catchup...since you may have changed your number?

Maz - Guess what we did the deed first time in 11 months and OPPPSSS we didnt use protection... Opps highly unlikely I would get pregnant considering I had to use Clomid and Metformin to become pregnant..

Chrissy - hope you are going well mate..hows the feeding going?

Shellbell - how are you going with Ainsleigh? hows your feeding too? are you doing the same still as me, breast + formula top ups?

Adele - sorry I missed ya on msn, lets catchup a bit later...

Rikki - have fun tonight, wow a sleepover! let me know how you go..

Back later for more personals.

Bel
    xxx

Great to see you back belle and even better that Julia is putting on weight.

I've just updated my ticker photo of Nina poking tounges at her favourite teddy, 'D duck' we've named him!!

Well thank god my rellies have gone now, that was sooooo exhausting having everyone here.
    Anna & rikki, Nina too has the fascination with her feet, looks at them and giggles lol

Well it's hot and I'm going for a swim, BBL

Belle- good to hear from you again. I'm still just doing the whole breast thing, tried to express and give her a bottle of that in the evenings but Ashleigh flat out refuses ti take a bottle, we tried for about a week and gave up, i might try again next week, see if she might give it a go or not.
    Good to hear julia is putting on weight, I hope she is settling better for you and i hope your looking after yourself too.

Helen.p- hope you get some rest, I don't know how all you mums with other children besides bubs cope, I always think to myself how I'd be having another little one running around on top of a newborn!

rikki- Enjoy your night out. I'd love to get out for the night without bubs.

Anna**- Ashleigh hasn't noticed her feet so much but she does stare at her hands alot. Its funny its like there wondering where they came from! Its just amazing the developments they make as they get older and the time just flies. Its great to see them doing all these things but at same time it is sad when you think how they'll never be newborn again. I've still got 4 more weeks til Ash is officially not newborn any longer.

caddie- Glad to hear Ruby was good with her needles. I'm scared bout going to get Ash's next Thurs.

Rach75- Hope you and jack improve soon. Should start feeling better now you have the anti biotics.

Met my mums group for coffee again today, nice to catch up with them. Fed in public too for the first time. It wasn't bad at all, now I feel more confident to do it again, just prolly wouldn't like to if i was alone.
    one of the girls had a saying for when your bubs is unsettled, "if in doubt, throw the boob out". I loved that cause thats what i do with Ashleigh, it always settles her down. Thought it was quite funny.

Ooohh just noticed I got my avatar, looks very nice, think i look prettier in that than in person. LOL!
    Last edited by shellbell3; November 10th, 2006 at 04:35 PM.

I feel like crap I shouldn't have lay down I feel worse have been coughing my lungs up since I go tup

Anna nope no package yet

Just a quciky cause Jed is giving me that' you on that bloody thing' look again. $hit Wilhelm is up.......just a wee stop.
    Its great to see most of us are finding our grooves with our bubs..sorry to those who havent quiet got there yet. Ive been finding that if Vy is unsettled, I chuck her in the pram and just go for a walk. God knows I can do with it..lol.
    Im off to go scrapping at a gf tonight..very jealous you did the twinkle toe thing Caddie , Jed wont let me ([email protected]@rd)
    love to you all
    cant wait to see who my sectret santa is....watchout!
    xxmaz

hey girls,

i wont be on for a few dys i have a really bad ear infection and i just feel like crap. i fell asleep when simon got home tonight and slept for 2hr.

will catch up with everyone later when i feel better

Adele

Hope you're feeling better soon Adele. Get plenty of rest.

Hey girls, I'm sooo tired, so just popping in quickly
    At the in laws with River sleeping in his pram, thank goodness he's settled here, we're here for the weekend, cept Rans is spending tonight playing xbox at his best friends house So I'm in bed, thank goodness he's set up the internet for this house on the laptop! We had a whingy morning early this morn, so I'm exhausted, really should be asleep..hopefully Rans will be home by morning to give me breakfast in bed...

I wonder if with the Kris Kringley thingo if we should give a few general details, like fave colour or um, ffft well I don't know, can't think of anything else, can't think at all right now really

Nite. zzzzzz

ETA: how long did your 6week growth spurts last for?
    Last edited by Nelle; November 10th, 2006 at 11:26 PM. Reason: Need some light at the end of a tunnel

Nelle - we will be 8 weeks on Tuesday and I think we are still going...not so much with the feeding...but this new unconsolable cry we have started.

yes...Paige has learnt how to...

SCREAM like a banchee.

She has decided to let rip the most heartwrenching cry of all cries now...it started off last week where she would have a good wind down cry before bed in the evening....but it has now escalated to that really unconscolable wale which scared me at first...hmmm thank you Paige for choosing the middle of the park on our walk home from the shops to show me your new trick!!

It's happened around 5:30 in the afternoon both yesterday and today...so I am putting it down to either:
    a) her own brand new arsenic hour (or so).
    b) she is still going through her 'growth spurt'.

She is basically really overtired even thow she may have only woken from her nap 20-30minutes prior....but I guess I am lucky in that is doesnt really last for long when she cries like that...but those minutes seem like hours when she starts, poor monkey.

Anywho...just thought I would share her new trick for this week.

Sorry Adele you are unwell.

meant to mention to you chrissyt, that i found that when i wrote down what ainsleigh did each day it made me see a natural pattern to her day... so though i don't go to a set routine in the day, i am kind of aware of what the natural pattern will be if that makes sense. found this helped me. also, for those who shower with their bubs, i do as chrissy suggested in setting up the towel on the bouncer with ainsleigh wrapped up but still in her nappy. she loves being in the bathroom so she sits there contentedly while I have my shower then i jump out and get her. how quickly you learn ways to cope when you are home alone for two weeks out of three!

was great to get out and see some of my oldest friends tonight.. but just as i dropped ainsleigh off she did a nice power spew all over me... shirt and skirt so i had to go home and change. luckily i live close by my dad's place! picked her up and put her in the car then in to her cot without waking up. she would be so exhausted after getting up at 4.30am and only catnapping all day.... does that mean she'll sleep in tmw morning... wishful thinking

perth girls, if you are keen to meet up before the silly season gets too silly i am happy to have something at my place, since i think i would be about half way between NOR girls and caddie... what do you think?

just a quick one to say that SHE SLEPT THROUGH THE NIGHT!!!!!!!

I'm heading back to bed now, talk later

oh, and Nina's growth spurt lasted about 3 weeks

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast