Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #26

hi ladies!

i havent had a chance to read through the previous posts but i hope you are all well and bubbas too!

Savanna had her mchn appointment this morning. so now i can do the questionaire!

Babies Name: Savanna Marie
    weight: 6.2kg
    height: 60.5cm
    HC:

What size are they wearing now?
    Diapers: infant 4-8kg
    Shoes: tiny baby ones
    Clothes: 000

What about feedings?
    bottle 180 every 3-4 hours (5 per day)
    Solids yet? farex, fruit puree

Sleeping - day sleeps
    Where? cot in her own room
    How long? 3hrs each nap bout 3 times a day
    Sleeping - Through the night
    Where? cot in her own room
    How Long? last feed at 8:30pm (9 - 11hours one long sleep then feed back to sleep another 3 hours)

Paci or thumb sucker? DUMMY

Milestones:
    Rolling? now and then
    Sitting? no
    Teeth? not yet
    Scooting/crawling? YES on her back pushing with legs all over the floor loll
    Talking: loves to laugh and smile all the time, talks heaps and to herself too!

Favorites:
    Toy (hand held)? sally the seahorse from melb aquarium & elmo knows your name toy & round rattle/teether
    Person? mum
    Activity: playmat, swimming pool & walker

luv ambz.
    xoxox

Just wanted to say hi everyone.. not feeling the best.. hope youve had a good day.

hello everyone,

kellxx i know how you feel. i have a mega headache.

ill talk to u all later

adele

my legs are about to fall off, after my first gym session, feeling absoultly r**ted!! but good at the same time

hahah chrissy. i bet you will sleep good tonight lol.

Anna, well he could have a worse reaction next time or he could be just fine seeing as his first shots were fine and they dont differ until theyre 1. I will be sure to get them in his butt instead of legs if theyre going to swell again, better to have padding. If he has a reaction again with the next lot I may have to think about not getting them done at all which will upset me big time.

Okay,ruby has a suture line in her skull that has prematurely fused.She will need to see a childrens plastic surgeon at pmh to see if she needs a catscan and then her skull reopened to cut the suture line.So poor ruby.He said most likely as if they dont the condition gets worse and babys brain will mold different too in skull.So nothing to worry about.LOL
    Kellexx and adele get better soon.
    Helo to all.

Been for a 45min walk today which exhausted me, managed to eat just over half a pack of those rasberry shortcake biscuits too on way back from the shops, made myself feel soooo sick. I really have to stop eating crap cause the last few days I've felt very ill and wanting to vomit. So thats it, twice a week I'll splurge on a treat but rest of the time will be healthier, gotta go buy fruit instead of crap!

Just been cooking sausage casserole for dinner and made sure I put heaps and heaps of vegies in it. Df can have most of the sausages.

chrissy- Ahh I hate the gym, I'm one of those that joined on a one year contract and went 3 times! They saw me coming a mile off and sucked me in!

Kellxx and Adele- Hope your both feeling better, try put your feet up and get your partners to help you out.

ambz- Wow, Savanna sounds like a fantastic sleeper!

caddie- What were the results of the xrays? Poor little Ruby, hope all is well.
    ETA: Just saw your post, poor Ruby and you, sounds scary, did they say for definate that she will need the op? I did see an op like that in my student nursing days.

*Belle*- Hi Belle, nice to hear from you, hope today has been a good day for you. Lol bout that plant story! Someone prolly thinking your growing another sort of "herb".

maz- Wow 2 hour sleeps! Ah I can dream, I'm lucky if Ash does more than her 40min naps!

Hmm I feel a sore throat coming on, better get back into taking my multi-vitamins, can't afford to get sick!
    Last edited by shellbell3; January 31st, 2007 at 04:51 PM.

get those vitamins in to you shell!

huge hugs on ruby possibly needing an op caddie. just remember i am here if you need some support while your family are away. take advantage of this hot weather and bring millana over for a swim!!

maz - lol at your boys. finally looked at the pics... glad not all that texta was permanent!

well girls, i took ainsleigh for her orientation to day care for the first time this morning, and i don't think i can do it. i'll speak to dh tonight (he's back at the mine) but i know he'll support me in whatever i choose to do. she was the youngest there, the only one who was not mobile and i just felt it was too soon. the centre was great tho, and even if i decide to pull out they will hold my deposit over and put me back on the waiting list... not that the money is a concern, ainsleigh is worth more than any money in the world.

best go and wash some bottles or i'm going to have a starving girl in about twenty minutes!!

oh crap Caddie - I've heard of babies skulls fusing too early... but is that what has caused the flat spot or is that another issue? My thoughts are with you right now as the whole thing just sounds waaay to scary to contemplate. If she does need surgery, at least we have some of the best in the world so she's in good hands... but lets pray it doesn't come to that.

Shell - I've been eating so much sh*t as well lately, I know I'm underweight, but it is no excuse to eat junk. I was so good walking to the supermarket today to buy some yummy fruit and yoghurt... but idjiot me decided that I needed a Twix bar on the way out. So I guess that pretty much undid all the healthy exercise benefits!

AnnaT- Surely that sort of reaction wouldn't mean no future vax's?? I was pretty much under the belief that unless it is a severe allergic reaction that you still give them (or was it more than just major swelling... I might have missed a post?). After seeing a bubba with WC, I will personally do everything in my power to keep vax'ing Xander.

Rikki - How you coping being a 'single mum' again? Hope Ainsleigh hasn't gotten even more unsettled now your DH has headed off again for a bit.

Kellxx - Hope you are slugging back the water to try and drown out that headache.

Belle - You sure that is just parsely growing out in your herb box missy? Sorry to hear things still aren't going great, but it was fantastic chatting to you the other day... lets' do that again soon ok?

Maz - Tell Vy to send over some of those 'two hour sleep' vibes to Xander! Well Done little Vy

Just popping in lovelies...

Suuuuure it's herbs you're growing Belle

Wow Caddie, keep us posted on what goes on with Ruby!

Of course you needed that Twix Anna!

Okay got to rush, Rans has made chicken noodle soup before Leo (sis) has some Le Reve party here (which I am super annoyed at her about, but it is sooo not worth going into...but she is so obnoxious, I actually spluttered at her this morning like Basil Fawlty from Fawlty Towers, I was so mad at her ah well. Murder isn't legal, so I'll just have to deal with her!). Anyway, she'll be here at 7ish so I'd better go. Have a great night girls! xo

Hi girls,

Just ordered indian for dinner so we can relax tonight, we are both knackered. I have a psycologist appointment tomorrow morning, shes going to try hypnotherapy - it scares me! I dont like someone else being in control of my mind... has anyone else had this done????? Mum's babysitting Julia so thats good.

Caddie - OMG is she ok? sorry to hear about this mate, big hugs coming your way now and Millana is she better today for you?

Anna** - hows Xander going on the antibiotics is he ok? Its parsley in the plant box I swear! will call you tomorrow arvo mate.

Maz - how was your day? what did the school say?

Chrissy - hello - we havent decided when we are coming up your way yet, but will let you know soon mate. Love to see you.

Charli - hello, how are you doing?

Nelle - mmmmm chicken noodle soup? yummo homemade?

AnnaT - some of the girls in my mothers group babies had the same reactions like yours, I hope he is feeling better...Its heartrenching seeing them sick isnt it.

Shell - hello mate, LOL at the biscuits, I do the same with donuts, hot cinamon ones from Donut King! YUMMO...today hasnt been great for me actually but tomorrow is a new day!

Rikki - hello...did you end up taking Ainsleigh to the Dr also re Whooping Cough?

Kell - sorry to hear you are unwell mate, I hope its cooled down at Windsor today, yesterday was a stinker wasnt it.

Adele - sorry I missed you on msn, its playing up so is my mobile, I think all technology hates me right now, have to buy a new mobile phone... hope you feel better soon and Riley too.

Off to do some chores now... sigh...

Bel
    xxx

Belle- Wow the hypnotherapy sounds interesting, I've never had it done myself but will be really interested to hear how it goes. I'd like to get it for my spider fear though!

no worries Shell will let you know how I go.. I have some interesting fears apparently quite common in Post Natal depression such as sticky things, bugs including spiders, germs...hoping she will get to the bottom of them all!

Belle im sure the hypnotherepy will be fine.I have heard that its quite successful so its a positive step that they are willing to do it.The big key is too relax and go with the flow.
    I just went for a walk along the ocean,it was nice but gave me too much time too think which is a bad thing for me as my mind starts to race with the what ifs.I just feel like poor ruby or me have such bad luck.With bleeding early pregnancy,placental deficiency,the feeding tube and 7 days in hospy,the choking/fit episode and a stint in hospy and now this saga. The good thing is the paeds dr said ruby is quite okay with her physical development and that most babies sit up around the 8month mark and walk 12 moth and over.He said millana must have been quite advanced for walking at 10months.Ar least with ruby i wont have to chase her round the shops for a while(LOL)
    Enough about me moping.
    Anyone got any exciting news? Won lotto anyone?

caddie - nope haven't won lotto, I wish though! And no exciting news here either. My thoughts are with you regarding Ruby. I'm sure everything will turn out ok in the end. She's been through a hell of a lot hasn't she.

belle - good luck with the hypnotherapy. Let us know how you go with it.

All good here. I've started expressing some EBM and gave some to Nina in a sippy cup and she insisted on holding the cup herself, and drank it. It was so cute. I just kept thinking how she's growing so quick. Already holding her own cup. When I was feeding her some puree pears today she insisted on feeding herself with that too. She watched me do it a couple of times, then grabbed the spoon and fed herself. Little miss independant ... definitely a Leo!!!
    She only had 2 small sleeps today so crashed at 6. Haven't heard beep from her yet.
    I managed to express 200ml this afternoon in 2 hours. I think that's good, considering it was 5pm and my milk supply does start decreasing that time of day. Hopefully I can express enough in time for her to start daycare next Wednesday. She's normally a one-sided feeder so I should be able to express from the other side once she's finished. I ended up buying a Medela Electric Breast Pump and it's the best thing ever!

no caddie... checked three tickets today and not a cent to be won on lotto for us!
    belle - did not go to the dr re WC, as anna's dr assured her that as xander did not have it ainsleigh had no chance of getting it. good luck with the hypnotherapy, just relax and think of the benefits if it works.
    single mumdom sucks anna (ains is screaming right now). just had a long chat to sam on the phone tho... only 13 days till he's home, and then he's doing a course so has an extra week in perth!

best go and do some serious bum whacking and then make myself some dinner... .how did it get to 8pm already!

Hellooo girls!

Well the Le Reve party wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, I had fun My sister was relatively decent, we get on quite well in groups!

Belle, hypnotherapy sounds interesting! Hope it all goes well for you!

Yeah Caddie, Ruby has been through a bit hey, but hopefully it's all upwards and onwards from here! And WOW at Millana walking at 10 months, the freakish child!

River took his sweet time to settle tonight, ended up bringing him out, he was wide eyed and looking happily around the room, naughty baby. Resorted to a re-feed, and he went back down at 11:30 without a peep. I KNEW he was tired!
    Night girls xo

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast