Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 # 34

twins maz!!! Imagine that!

Thanks for the advice girls. Helen I might start giving her one bottle of formula just so she can at least get used to it. Is night time better to do this or during the day. She hasn't had formula for about 4 months now.

I wrote down my special personals for nessa & kel and Nina has just eaten the paper ... damn!!
    But you girls are gonna love the msn chat. Very busy, but heaps of fun. And don't forget your wine & chocolate! maz, I'll drink for you.
    When are we gonna have it? Nina is going to my parents on Saturday night, so I'm free then???

hi just a quickie this morning.,..

1 - hugs and hope that you are all going to have a wonderful Friday!
    2 - i have emailed most of you ( i dont have all your emails so if you want the article i can email again later ) an article from CHOICE website.. its on baby food and its just interesting to read. this website also has other interesting data.. well worth a look!
    3 - will be back tonight for personals.. going out today! yippeee ive got a play date !
    4 - have requested a user name change to * annie* or something similar..

xoxo annie

Jodi - I really feel for you hon re the EBM thing... I totally applaud you for keeping it up till now as it is so much more work for you. Maybe you could see a lactation consultant who can get Nina back on the boob for you. When I've given Xander the odd bottle of formula, I've usually replaced the mid-arvo feed... I always make sure I BF both the first and last feeds in the day, mainly so I don't get engorged overnight or wake-up in agony. Did you see the segment of the Kerry-Ann show last week re which formula is the best? They had Robin Barker on there, and she said that as they all have to conform to a standard, go for the cheapest cow's milk based one!

Maz - I don't think it is twins hon, just some nice healthy HCG levels! As soon as you've sewn one of those pockets, send me a photo. I've got another idea for you as well in regards to sewing, will fill ya in via e-mail.

AnnaT - The BumG's are fantastic, especially the new v2.0 ones with PUL outers. But for over night you can't go past the Beehinds Bamboo for great value. And yes, you can mix many brands (in regards to covers/fitteds nappies) - but don't be tempted to go for those cheap nappy covers you see in supermarkets etc, they are crap in comparison to PUL ones.

Helen - Sending hugs till your DH gets back. Sounds like you need them.

LittlePrincess/Annie - That Choice report is a pretty interesting one. Oh, for anyone interested, I have a Choice subscription if someone is chasing anything in particular.

Kellxx - I took your advice and ate some chocolate... there is something really wrong about dowing a whole bar of Club choccie whilst watching the Biggest Loser.

Nelle - Xander is 7 months next Thursday! OMG.

****e, will bbl to finish these, Xander is stuck again...

well I just can't win with this sleep business. Day sleeps have improved, she still only has half hour naps but thats ok for her. But we've gone from taking an hour to settle and scream to her settling herself pretty much, just needs a few pats.
    But now nighttime is a nightmare. I've only ever been lucky to get 3-4 hour blocks from her but last few nights its like 2 hourly. Wed night was good night but thats one night. I don't know what has happened, don't know if its because we've changed the way we settle her in the day or I wonder if starting solids is making her tummy funny? Whatever it is better stop cause I am so exhausted and feel ill. Last night she woke after 1.5 and I tried to resettle by patting but she started screaming til I gave her the breast. I would've perservered but I worry bout poor neighbours (we live in block of units).

Jodi- PMSL at Nina eating your paper! As the others have said you gotta look after yourself, I understand how you must be feeling cause I know I'll be sad when I start weaning Ashleigh. maybe give the bottle in the evening and she might sleep longer? Or does she still like a BF before she goes to sleep?

maz- i don't think I'll be drinking that bottle wine for you. I'm ****ed on 2 glasses! Althogh maybe thw wine in my breast milk might get Ashleigh asleep bit longer... And now you've mentioned twins its in my head that that is what you're going to have, twin girls!

Nelle- I think I need to impose a strict bedtime on you! If you don't go at a reasonable hour I will confiscate all slurpees from you!

AnnaT- faint line sounds good if your friend can see it. I tell you I'm glad its you not me, I remember how stressful the whole TTC time was wondering if you are or aren't.
    Oh and send Jett down to show Ashleigh how to eat. She will only take a couple small spoonfuls then shut her mouth up!

Helen.p- Not long now til Dh of yours gets back! i was joking to my Df yesterday that I wouldn't even notice if he went away cause he never talks anyway!

Well one good thing I have to report that is a big deal to me, Ashleigh drank 40mls formula out of her sippy cup yesterday! She has never drank that much and she was putting it in her mouth herself with a little help from me but then got sick of it and wanted the breast. But it is progress I can see the light that maybe Df and I can go out for a dinner and movie in the near future. Thats all i ask for!

ETA: Lil P- I will PM you my e-mail address for the article.
    Anna- We do the same thing here eat all this junk while watching biggest loser! But I justify it by saying BFing will burn it all off!
    Last edited by shellbell3; March 9th, 2007 at 09:01 AM.

can someone send me the choice article? My email is in my profile

anna - eating chocolate while watching The Biggest Loser ... hhmmm ... well at least you don't have anything to worry about there!

annie - I have a play date too!! Meeting up with some friends later on this morning. One of them has an 8 week old bub, and the other has a 2 week old bub! I bet I'm gonna be soooo clucky today.

think I need to impose a strict bedtime on you! If you don't go at a reasonable hour I will confiscate all slurpees from you!
    nelle's in trouble!! hehehe

shell - you poor thing. If it makes you feel a little better, when I started Nina on solids she did the exact same thing at night. I ended up stopping, and re-starting a couple of weeks later.
    But YAY for drinking formula!!!! Clever little chicken
    Last edited by Visitor7; March 9th, 2007 at 09:01 AM. Reason: shell

Anna**, no no I wont buy crap covers from the supermarket, Im going to buy the medium price ones of the net, proper brands I promise!

Maz, hmmm will have to get you to make Jett a funky jettworthy cover for his nappies hehehehe As for the test, ahhh Im glad someone else has gone through my hell. Im very surprised about getting anything resembling a line this early as before I got plenty of BFN before I got any BFPs post 13dpo. I will test again on Monday at 13dpo to see what happens. Will send you pics via email now
    Sweets, if anyone has the twins ITS ME! Ok so dont panic Ive had a crap in my pants about the poss of twins seeing as Im feeling so tired already and getting a psuedo-line on HPT already.............Dh would leave me if it were!

Well I did another HPT, different brand (the First Response two line ones) and from what I can see still got a pseudo line sooooooooo I dont know again Im really hoping Im not going to lose this one either, if I do then I have to go back to OBGYN. If I dont and it sticks then I have to ring and make an appt with him for a scan at 6wks.
    Jett woke me up at 5:45 this morning but I just gave him 180mls of a leftover bottle from his last feed yesterday in his sleep and changed his nappy. I then realised that he had pee'd soooooo much his nappy was full and leaked EVERYWHERE. So I just tucked blankets over the mattress and sheets and went back to bed lol I was not going to change sheets at the crack of dawn when he would have me up in a few hours anyway.

Shell, haha you dont want a greedy guts like Jett eating you out of house and home! Im seriously worried about the kid, he still has 5 or 6 240ml bottles of formula AND the solids, and still seems hungry.

Jodi, yay for El Nina drinking formula out of your sippy! Jett has a sippy cup that has a flexible spout sooo he has easily transitioned from bottle to sippy. I hope to have him completely off bottles by September and so far he loves drinking juice out of his sippy. Im going to try him on a proper sippy cup in a few weeks. That is the one thing about formula...............freedom to have a life if you want. That said Im going to atleast breastfeed #2 for 6mths this time, I am not going to pack it in in the first month.

Anywho, off to buy some cloth and have some breaky. Got to go to post office today and cash a lovely sized money order from the inlaws Dh gets off work early today YAY soooooo we might go out to tea tonight or something.
    Last edited by Freya; March 9th, 2007 at 09:09 AM.

Ok Lil P (annie) can't Pm you but my e-mail addy is in my profiles.

Anna - re forumla, I get lactosen, I think thats how its spelt PG brain kicking in, its Nestles cheaper brand and its great. I had Vy on Nestle gold and she shat green and had tummy aches all the time, I also tried S26 and she couldnt pooh. So im happy with my cheapy brand. $9 at the cheap chemist $13 at the supermarket. Email your idea or I'll stalk you PMSL
    Jodi - I hope you'll get nicely pi$$ed at our chat then, I usually go through a bottle and a half hehehehehe
    SHell- dont curse twins on me. My mum had twins (one died) and y dad is a twin, jed has twin cousins and uncles...I so much trouble.
    AnnaT -thats the same test I used and got the here I am here im not line until yesterday and this morning) heheheh hurry up and find out..now your killing me
    Little Pea - nothing wrong with a quicky....nice and sweet, oh we're talking posts sorry.PMSL
    Caddie - I hope you get your doctors appointment today and that you get something done about that tummy ache. Big hugs to honey for being brave on your own.
    Hi ya everyone else Kick me later
    Need to eat while I still can
    xxmaz

Hi guys, sorry dont have time for personals as I have to go get Bella from kindy in a min, just wanted to pop my head in to say to those ladies still BF, even though you dont want to be losing the weight , I am jealous, BF has done nothing for my weight-boohoo. Oh and on a happier note my berryplush came in the mail today, just got to wash it up so that Eithan can wear it. I got him a black one but am hanging out for the rainforest and ocean blue ones. Does the snap in soak alot or do you think I will need an extra booster.

Love

Helen - my snap is works great for my BP..im so jealous, IM still waiting for my pink one with the butterfly on the bum. Ive got the purpkle eater and a firstorm one. MIght start making my own ones soon...just obught the press stud machine..naughty me!
    Nessa- I'll have to take you on a date then, hehehehheeh

Hey cloth ladies, dont worry the ?'s will stop soon, Im starting to get the hang of this stuff now lol

Im thinking my stash is going to be:
    4 Bummis PUL covers
    3 BumGenius Bamboo fitteds for nights (you have to use covers for these and the BBH ones right?)
    2 x 3 pack BumGenius one size pockets (thinking about reusable-ness for next baby)
    3 Peapods Pockets

What do you think? Good stash or not?

That's a great start Annat! The BBH covers are cheap too, did you see those? Rans really liked using those. Get those, see how you go, and from there you'll be able to figure if you need to buy more, or if you're doing good with that!
    (Now you need to start thinking about accessories! heehee. Like boosters for your pockets, and liners, and ...oh what else girls?)

What?? No slurpees?? Okay okay...I know when I've crossed the line. I'll go to bed the MINUTE I get home from youth group tonight. We're doing 'The Amazing Race' tonight, which should be fun.

Anyone else's babies blowing bubbles REALLY loudly? River sounds like a Tractor's in my lounge room...OH! pmsl, he just made a whopper of a tractor noise out the other end as I was typing that...that's River - my little Tractor.

Sorry I haven't done personals, my brain's not working for some reason...I'll pop back on if it starts working again! xo

Nelle - you forgot wet bags and travel wet bags...snozies heheheheh
    Annat _ you'll end up buying and buying casue THEIR ADDICTABLE!

i am trying to get in here and do a long post, got lots to tell, so i will BBL for one hell of a huge post!!

chrissy - do share......
    Nelle - just worked out why I stuffed your addres up when I sent you the snozie..hmm pg brain
    Ness - adding you to my msn. Sunday sounds good...any one else?

Sunday not really good for me cause Heath has to work the next day and if Nina wakes I'll have to attend to her. but...majority rules so if everyone else is happy with Sunday then that's ok.
    nessa I've added you already. My email is in my profile.

Nina was due for her needles today but she still has a cold and cough, so gonna postpone it again.
    I've been doing a bit of thinking with the feeding and I've decided to try her on one bottle of formula a day to begin with and go from there.
    Nina's just gone down for her nap and I'm supposed to be at the bank in 30 minutes, bummer! this is her big sleep too, maybe Heath will have to go on his own.

My msn is................. a_c thomson @ hotmail.com (without the spaces obviously)

Well Im about to buy my cloth diapies Im so excited I hope they dont take forever to get here! I may have even planted the cloth idea in my friend Jess's head, she is having her second sept baby this year, her son was born Sept 20th last year. I really should get her to join up to BB.

As for the Msn chat party, I can do either day

why dont we do it saturday night then? It will be like a proper party then

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast