Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 # 34

Maz, Im going to test tonight! And every day until I get a decent line or AF shows, whichever comes first! So you def got a BFP I see, woohoo I hope I get to join you in the Nov EDD buddies. You can def stay and play with us!

Nelle, I live for your pearls of wisdom and cloth lessons! Would be cooler if we lived closer. On that note if we organise a Melb meetup you have to give me a bit of notice so I can plan to drive down for it (just in case I want to book a hotel for the night!)

As for the MSN party, we should organise something this weekend seeing as its a long weekend! That way we can chat til all hours and the other halves can do baby duty so we can sleep!
    What have we all got planned for the weekend? We are going to clean and get the still-unpacked boxes sorted out so we can actually look like we've moved in lol Im also going to try and get Ryan to go car-looking with me (notice I didnt say car-SHOPPING hehe). He said the other day that when I get pregnant then he will take the car issue seriously soooooo Im hoping I get a good line tonight so I can wave it around in front of his face chanting 'New car new car new car!" Oh and Im going to look at getting some cloth nappies, ofcourse with Nelle's fabulous advice in mind! Ugh I feel so crummy though, just really off colour kwim??

I so need to share my spag bol sauce recipe, its way easy to make otherwise I would buy the sauce-in-a-jar kind

I'm still here too.... just a bit quieter these days 'cos of all the sh*te that's been going on. I'm up for a MSN party too!!!

We need an MSN party before too many more of us are knocked up so that we can all enjoy a glass of bubbly. Look you guys sort out when is the best time to do it and I will try to jump on when I can. Leith works weekends, his weekend is Thu/Fri which is why I am finding having him away extra hard as he's not home when it's meant to be his weekend.

I am going to cook myself tea in a min after I get Bella to bed and then I will hopefully be able to drop you a line or two Nelle. Oh by the way incase I ever call you ( I am shy ) how do you pronounce your name. N-elle or Nellie. Sorry if it has been obvious and I have missed a convo before.

Love

ATTN NELLE - IMPORTANT NAPPY BUSINESS (I put it here cause I know youll be back to chatter away to yourself lol)

A couple of ?'s:
    WDYT of the bumGenius or swaddlebee's one size nappy?
    Can you alternate any cover with any nappy? Say I bought some of the cheaper covers and used them over the nappies of a different brand?
    The Pockets need inserts right? Any specific kind or just inserts? You slip them into the pocket and change them AND the outer nappy, plus use a cover?

I think I know what I want just want to clarify a few things before I buy Ta your a fab friend for helping me

I'm here!!!! Just been a busy couple of days. I aint goin nowhere!

I've read through all the posts but can't for the life of me remember what everyone has said, except whose annie? I think I missed something somewhere along the lines. I'll be back later when Nina's in bed.

Good I'm glad there is no issues in here but i want a welcome back party so might leave for a day what do you say?

Helen.p- :hugs: I hope everything is okay? Is it anything in particular making you down or a mixture of things? Hopefully everything will sort itself out. When does Leith get back from Qld?

AnnaT- I hope you get that BFP, that'd be great for you and Maz to be due together. Good luck with the car search. We haven't got much planned for the weekend, going to see a friend on mon.

maz- yay maz, so its definate now, we can celebrate! yay!

Nessa- Enjoy your BB meet up.

Nelle- You and rans sound like X-box addicts! We've got playstation here not the new one. I'm grand theft auto addict.

Hmm whens another long weekend in Vic? maybe the next one we could have a Vic meetup?

ETA: Hi Jodi! Annie is Lil P, her new name! How is work going? You finding it hard to work as well as be a mummy? Or is it running smoothly?

Quote Originally Posted by Anna** View Post
    I'm still here too.... just a bit quieter these days 'cos of all the sh*te that's been going on. I'm up for a MSN party too!!!
    me too....

seems to have settled down tho.... so i'll be back proper when sam goes back to work next week. can't neglect my hubby when he is only home one week out of three!

ETA the pampering was wonderful anna**, looking forward to seeing you and caddie next wednesday. sam is not going back till friday now, but he said he will go the gym and let us girls have a good natter!

Okay. So after this, I am off to cook risotto.

Hey Jodi! like Shell said, Little P's real name is Anna, but she said she actually likes Annie, so we're gonna call her that. Cos I say so and I'm the boss of the playground

Annat, of course I was gonna be back! LOVE my BumGenius one size pockets. Think Anna and Maz have em too. Haven't got any Swaddlebees, try asking the girls in the nappy thread?
    Yep, any cover with any nappy. Easy.
    Pockets don't need a cover (well, some do but it's rare). You just fill em with absorbent stuff, then come nappy change time, I unstuff it (so I don't have to unstuff it just before I wash it) and pop the stuffing and nappy in the bucket!
    I can go into detail about pocket stuffing if you need.

Helen, my name is pronounced Nayella.
    Okay, it's just Nelle, rhymes with Bell and Tell.

Crikey Anna, Xander's almost 7 months old!!! With Eithan not far behind! Unbelievable. Are some of our babies seriously on their way to 1 year old...it's amazing how fast the time goes.

ETA: Rikki!!! I couldn't figure out where you'd gone, but then I guessed that Sam was home so you were off making baby number 2 lol!! Or just having some good ol quality time Hope you girls have a great time at your next meet-up!

ETAAgain: Actually, Nayella's quite a cool name hey!

Girls I am still here just have had a few bad days, I posted in both the Aug and Sept thread I know some of the girls there when I was Pregnant after miscarriage. So I hope you dont mind that I still come in here. Far as I know its only Maz, me and Anna that post there, we HAVE NOT LEFT THIS THREAD, we still post here, I havent left. Just not great at the moment. Actually Im a bit upset that you think we would have left.

Kell & Chrissy - yes mates still up for next Wednesday for sure!

Anna - hi mate thanks for the bday gift! Its so gorgeous!! I hope you get a better nights sleep tonight, god sleeping on the floor ouchie...

Rikki - thanks so much for your email, Im sorry havent had a chance to reply yet, will reply tomorrow !

Helen thanks for your message will give you a call after Jeffrey's parents go home early next week they are visiting from Melb.

MAZ - great news re the strong BFP mate!!!!!! thanks for the chat today too

Sharleen - thanks for your message too, I hope you are doing ok good to see you are back, hugs.

Caddie - how is Ruby after the boy hit her on the head? is she ok? Hope you are doing ok too.

Shell - spag boll is my favourite! - im a disposable girl!!! no clothies for me.

annie reporting to the playground bully ( just joking Nayella...! )

popping in to share the love and i have to go and watch saving abbies.. back tomororw. !

Ok cool Nelle, thanks for the info. Im thinking the BG one sizes would be the way to go for us and our chubba bubba That way I can just buy a [email protected] of them and use them for both kids.
    Speaking of both kids, I tested with a First response and am really sure I can see a super faint second line so...............I still dont know

Yep im still here too.. was just trying to do something productive and not spend the say on the net... though watching TV with Jess aint much better! lol

Oh i love all the new ticker photos!!!!!

Nessa.. Annika is such a spunky chicken!

Im in for the party!

AnnaT.. hope you get a

Belle/Chrissy.. oh cant wait!! WOO!

Well have to go do the washing up and wash the mini man's bottles. Then prob go to bed.. will be MIA tomorrow, meeting another friend and her kiddiliwinks.. and MIL says i never get out! Pehh!

Gnight ya'll.. go eat some chocolate.

I still need to get a pic of ashleigh in her Jolly Jumper. Aren't they great? Ash loves hers.

I am on my way to bed, keep doing spag bol tasting burps!

Hi Belle and Rikki, good to see you both again.

Belle- how are you doing mate? Do you feel the counsilling sessions are helping you? And are your panic attacks getting less? Hope you start feeling better soon.

Feeling like Toobs again. I am an addict. Definately tomor gonna go down the shops.

okie-dokey, just re-read a week's worth of posts and it's doing my head in but here goes anyway ...

caddie - how's Ruby's head, did it bruise or leave a mark?

nelle - me, on holidays!! I wish! Unless you're paying to send us all overseas I'll have a look at your blog in a bit.

shell - how's ash been going at night, settling better? She may have been a little off because of new things happening during the day. BTW how's she been going during the day, are you making progress?

annat - good luck! Hopefully you'll get that BFP this weekend. Has Jett been behaving himself the last couple of days? I think it was Nina that told him to mis-behave for you

sharleen - you have been a busy little girl haven't you. When does Bre go to the Paed? Is it serious?

maz - how are you feeling about Wilhelm. You just don't seem to get a break do you When does he go for more testing?
    that ticker of Vy is just gorgeous too!

belle - When does Jeffrey go to America? How do you feel about him going away for a week? I hope you've got some family to spend time with while he's away, I hate the thought of you being on your lonesome.
    How have you been feeling lately? I'm here if you need to chat

helen - How long has Leith gone away for? Heath and I have never spent time away either and I think I'd go crazy if he was to go away, especially to another state!!

anna** - how's Xander been lately? Hopefully behaving himself for you.

annie - how's the gym going? You enjoying it?

ok, me now ...
    as you know Nina has decided to self wean off the boob onto the sippy cup fulltime with EBM. And it is absolutely killing me. I'm sticking with it for now because I set myself a goal, and don't want to break that, but to be honest I don't know how much longer I can take. She's been having huge feeds lately (some are 200ml in one go!!!), and because I have to express, to get 200ml takes about 15-20 minutes. When I was breastfeeding her it would take about 5-10 minutes to feed her. So my body is working double time now. In the past week I've been having 1-5 hours of sleep at night. And it's affecting my relationship with Heath too. I just don't feel I have time for him lately. We talked about it last night, and although he didn't ask me to stop, he suggested I give up b/f and put Nina on a formula. He only suggested it cause he can see what it's doing to me. I've lost 3kg in 1.5 weeks. He's been so supportive of me b/f, so for him to suggest putting her on formula made me realise how bad things have got. I am considering it, but I'm so attached to b/f that I don't know if I can stop. Make sense? I'm not even ready for her to wean onto a sippy cup, so that's been a bit sad for me as well. I've got some serious thinking to do I think this weekend. I think it's time to put me first, ahead of Nina. Heath said that the day I walk in the door with a tin of formula, then he'll fully support my decision and we'll go from there. Sometimes I don't know what I ever did to deserve him. He's so good to me.

umm ...

nessa & kel, I haven't forgotten you but I didn't write anything down ... I'll be back with some special personals for you two
    Hopefully I haven't forgotten anyone else, if not, sorry, didn't mean to

Jodi, the decision to go to formula is a hard one and I can totally relate to how you are feeling. It's hard and you feel like crying but you have done a great job feeding her, maybe just supllement one sippy cup to start off with. A tin of formula is good for 4weeks before you have to throw it out. Dont feel as though you would have to do one or the other. The best thing that the dr ever said to me was that people dont realise that it's not black and white, formula or BF, you can do both successfully. so if you are unsure but still wnat to give your body a bit of a rest, just try the one sippy cup and see how you both feel about it and whether it makes a difference to your health or not. i am feeding Eithan 1 night bottle everynight and the rest he is BF and he is quite content and I am feeling quite good aswell. Whatever desision you decide to make, it will be the right one and we will all be here to help you out as you go through this emotional stage.

Leith comes back late tommorrow night. I am feeling very lost he is just so far away.

Love

He had his first taste of baby yoghurt this arvo (the Vaalia ones) and he loved it! Kept leaning forward with his mouth open for more then got mean when there wasnt any left. The kid would eat a roast if I would let him, cant half tell he's definately ready for solids

Jodi, firstly I want to give you a hug re your weaning/formula dilemma, I wont give advice though because I dont BF. All I can say is formula is fine, look at my chubba! Hope you come to a decision soon. Yeah he has been behaving better than he was. No more waking in the night but he is back to being super duper grumpy during the day. Atleast he is going to bed at 9:30ish instead of 10:30-11ish now, all I have to do now is go to bed when he does. One of these days I will, Im blaming Nelle for my late night tonight with all her cloth converting, Im trolling the cloth websites figuring out what my stash is going to be!

Ok ok and looking at the super faint line on my HPT. I still think Im imagining it but I emailed my friend some pics and she said she could see it there soooo Im starting to get a tad bit excited......................

Ok really off to bed now! Nighty night ladies.

Ummm. I really should be in bed. I need to pee anyway.

But Jodi, just wanted to say that Helen made a good suggestion, how about expressing some and then giving some formula? Can you call a nurse or ABA counsellor and see if they have any ideas? I know exactly what you mean about being attached to breastfeeding, it's something you give Nina that no-one else can. I'm going to be sad when River weans. Or guilty if I have to wean him. But in the long run, I don't think any kid's like 'my mum doesn't love me cos she gave me formula'. There are far more important parenting choices than that, and you've breasfed for those first more important months anyway.
    But the saying that's been thrown around in here a lot in the past still counts: Happy mummy = happy baby. You need to take care of yourself so you can take care of Nina.

Ohhh mercy i need to sleep, I've deleted so many spelling mistakes as I've gone...
    night.

(bet you the moment my head hits the pillow I'll be wide awake)

Jodi honey - i take my hat off to you girls who have stuck through a BF your darlings. You do what is best for you and your tribe. I found it to hard to BF especially when I got mastitus (sp?) but it hasnt put me off trying again this time...migh tinvest in an electric pump to start with. OH and you girls that are BF...I bet there's nothing left of you all from the way your all loosing the weight.
    Nelle - your terrible..PMSL..sadly dont have any BG at all btu I have 2 sandra stuffables that I love to death.
    Annat - ive got 20 baby beehinds (I even tie died some), a couple of pocket nappies, 5 fleecie covers (I made 2) AND IM WORKING ON MAKING MY OWN POCKET NAPPY. I so dont know why that went to capitals then...your going throught the same now you see it, now you dont with the pos line. Email it to me...share! oh go to the buyena wediste, they have second hand nappies there.
    Rikki - oh thats great Sam is home.
    Anna and Belle - thanks for the chats lately....you guys rock!
    Caddie - were are you hiding lady?
    Shell - defently want to see a pic..hows her sleeping going? Are you getting enough rest?
    Ness - you silly woman.....you'll have to come and join in of course (MSN chat)
    Kell - hmm chocolate......Ive been trying to spend mnore time with Jed and lookw er eit got me..PMSL
    Helen - hope your ok now matie
    Chrissy - were the hell are ya?
    So who's going to be drinking my bottle of wine that I usually have at our 'parties'? I dont think I could stomach it at the moment...yuck. not going to the doctors until around the 20th cause I know I'll have to go for an internal (OW) u/s and OMG I have to hide it from my Ilaws when we come down to melbourne at the end of the month. $HIT! Im already bloated like all hell. Please dont let it be twins....

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast