Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #39

Default Babies Born September 2006 #39

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in September 2006.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Christy - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    Lea13 - [email protected]
    Sherie - [email protected]
    Astrolady - [email protected] ~ Administrator

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Your previous thread can be found here

Please note - To receive thread notifications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Blah.. was just trying to edit my post when the thread got closed.

Anyway, was going to say to Shell that Xander is a vegie loving boy too - I made him a mix of red lentils, squash, pumpkin, corn, peas, broccoli and it is his most favourite food yet! Hmmmm, on second thoughts, broccoli is his outright fave!

And I forgot to say hi to Helen!

Thanks Anna.

Just wishing all of you a good nights sleep tonight. I am hoping Eithan has a good sleep tonight, poor little thing his teeth are giving him awful pains, but I dont think they will be in for ages yet.

He rolls onto his tummy now and then starts kicking his legs like mad to get to me and going backwards. So all of you with babies going backwards, I can so relate to you now. It is so funny to watch but the poor littl ething gets so frustrated. Bella is so excited that he can roll now. We are so lucky she is such a good sister and is really excited by all the new things that he does, except pulling her hair LOL.

Love

That's great Xander's a vegie boy Anna! I'm not a pumpkin fan either, so perhaps like mother like son...but I do love broccoli...maybe I'll give that a shot.

That's funny about Eithan going backwards Helen!
    River moves, but it's all with his upper body, he swivels then pulls himself, but it's a very slow process. You don't actually see him moving, but if you look down and then up a while later, he's moved!

Anyway, I might head to bed. Night girls! xo

Well I am sooo tired, if it's not Eithan its Bella. She was up twice last night. I think she is excited because Leith is doing parent help at kinder today. Then Eithan was up at 3 back down by 3:45 then awake again at 5, but I put him off until 5:30 and he is still up now.

Now Bella is up, better do breakfast and showers.

Hope you all had a better night.

Love
    Last edited by **Helen**; March 29th, 2007 at 06:41 AM. Reason: Bella up

Ambz.. wow 1 month pregnant.. i couldnt imagine having 2 bubs around now.. oh id go nuts i think.

Helen.. hope Eithan settled for you little monster. Haha yay for Eithan rolling and poor Bella's hair!! hehe

Shell.. dont know.. just spoke to Optus who said they were sending through the report to the police. He said theyll be in contact with me over the next 7 days, possibly to get more info or something so am going to ask when they call. I doubt they will but still would like to know.

Jess is a vege boy too!!! Loves his veges and his yogurt! He has those fruit gels too and loves them but screwed his face up at the plain pureed apples.. might have been too bitter? But he eats anything, other than my home cooked stuff!! Has to have the jar stuff!!! But a friend was telling the that the baby food in Aldi is the same as the Heinz stuff with a different label, and on the back it says made by Heinz.. so instead of paying $1 something for a jar its only 60 cents! So will def check them out.

Anna**.. i dont know the name of exactly what he had, but Nicholas had to have an operation on whatever it was.. his head was huge, like abnormally big.. you could look at him and see there was something wrong. It was much bigger than a normal adult head too. Poor little thing.. so im gathering it something along those lines. Ill ask mum when i talk to her today. I have voice mail (calls are coming to my mobile) so am just going to send them through to there now and not answer any more private numbers.. no doubt i will get more today.. didnt get any over the weekend so no doubt someone has too much time on their hands at work.

Jess is SUPER sooky today! Went to put him down on the mat while i made his bottle this morning as i always do and he started balling.. tears and all. And since he's been on his mat attempting to crawl and just done the same with the tears. He's sitting in his walker atm watching Sesame Street and is ok.. poor baby, hope hes not getting my flu.

Hope everyone has a good day

I was up 8 times last night!! 3 times for millana and 5 times ruby.I ended givinh her some nurofen as it was a pain cry for her.Millana i dont know? Dreams.But im Knackered today and i have to go out and get some supplies.Oh well.Theres always tonight.
    MM ambz one month pregnant? Im going back min the posts to check.My brain is mush.

quick hello my boy is not happy today looks like his left eye tooth has just broken thru he is also so tired but wont go down just wants cuddles

so funny was watching a drpshot video of my nephews and in one my sis goes turn the tv off, the 18mth old kept turning it on/off/on anyway she sounded cross jack burst into tears the the next one they are getting nephew to say yes for the camera the no BIL goes no no no and jack burst into tears again

God what is going on with these bubs? No one sounds happy! Is there a full moon or something they're turning into werewolfs!

Rach- Lol bout the video, I love playing home movies for Ashleigh and she always looks at us then looks at the TV and can't understand whats going on.

Caddie- 8 times! Omg, you'll be walking around like a zombie today.

Kell- I might have to check out Aldi after that bit of info. Ashleigh has only had homemade stuff so far, cept for the apples and like Jesse she's not big on them. As shes starting to eat more I might have to stock up on some jars so I'm not cooking always.

Helen.p- Thats fantastic Bella and Eithan get along so well together, must be cute watching Bella play with him. Maybe now Leith is on holidays you could have a nap or something this arvo.

Anna**- I hadn't thought of lentils to give Ash, might mix some up with vegies down the track, I've got some in my cupboard, used to make a lentil hot pot but Df always complained about it having no meat.

I tell you its so hard to get up to Ashleigh in the night feeling unwell like this. I better be better before next Tues when we go to Sydney! Yay can't wait.
    Got our follow up appt at the sleep clinic this arvo, I have no energy to go. Might feel better after a shower.

Shell.. oh you poor thing, i so know how you are feeling at the moment!! Its the stupid weather doing it to us.. the past 3 days we have been in trackies in the morning then shorts and t's by the arvo.. then cold again come night time. Hope the shower helped, have something to eat, fruit or something, might give you an energy boost too. Yeh im definately going to have a look at Aldi this weekend.. if its the same stuff and almost half the price thats great. Yeh he'll have the fruit salad jelly and the apple if i mix it in his cereal but not the apple on its own, fussy boy! Thats great Ash loves her veges though. How she going with the sippy cup and/or bottle? How long you in Sydney for?

Rach.. aww poor toothy.. but yay another toothy

Caddie.. oh poor you mum..

Jess is asleep hooray.. has been for the past hour which is a record for his morning sleep. He was just grumpy and grizzley so went and put him in his cot with Bomber (his black soft toy puppy) and he was zonked while cuddling Bomber.. how cute

morning ladies!!!

no im not pregnant lol i was talking about my cousins wife whos bub is 7 months old and she is already 1 month preggers.

i on the other hand got mrs P yesterday so no giving up coffee as yet
    i wasnt expecting my period although i dont keep track of it but i could swear only i only got it not long ago. oh dear where has my brain gone. the other day i forgot my CHN appointment AGAIN!! So rang to schedule another one. the nurse gave me wednesday and i could swear i had something else on but said yes anyway...then when i was on the phone to sis inlaw i remembered i had mothers group wednesday so i rang back and changed appointment thinking they would clash. but then of course after i had done that i realised they didnt clash afterall and i could have made it to both.. i decided to not call the nurse again as she might think im a real idiot. so now i have to wait till monday for her appointment. ahhhhhhhhhhhh youd think i had preggers brain!!!

shellbell- savanna has banana cereal for breaky which i make with her formula she has the left over formula to drink, maybe some fruit for lunch or pureed vegies with some water to drink, then pureed vegies and chicken for dinner with a bottle of milk half an hour later. then around 9pm she has her final bottle of milk for bed.

helen p - savanna crawls backwards everywhere!! you can find her stuck in some corner here or there its so funny. this week though she has started crawling forwards but only when she feels like it or really wants something she sees. shes more interested in trying to stand up though. so im guessing she will walk before she even crawls properly loll

ok better go make hubby some food he will be home soon and lil missy has woken up

take care ladies!!

luv ambz

ps- anna such great news to here!! hugs to both you and xander

I am so *peeved* right now I have a post in vents area about a ebay seller, well was promised a refund on Tuesday to be paid direct into my account still nothing if it was paid tuesday should definalty be there grrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!! have just rung them they took number and will ring back I am giving them till 3pm but I swear I am ropable $162 grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!

Just some quick news from me..
    Just got a call from Optus.. i didnt answer it as it was private but they left a message on my voicemail saying that they traced the numbers and they were coming from a known Telemarketing Company and they have told them to remove my number from their database.. they have legally, 14 days to remove me, any time after that that i get calls i just have to write them down and call optus back.
    Thank gawd it was only a Telemarketing Company and not a phsyco out there!

*woooooooooooooooooo* great news Kelly

Thanks Rach

Ambz.. oh time just gets away from you doesnt it!!

Rach.. oh how annoying!!!! Does the seller have much feedback? I bet you they forgot to transfer it! Hope it appears today though!!

OMG im eating a Cinnamon and Brown Sugar Pop Tart.. oh these are THE SH*T!

Kell - Yay! That that is all sorted re the phone calls. I've never eaten a pop tart... must try them sometime. Sounds like your little man is entering into the whole separation anxiety thing, Xander is doing it big time at the moment... can't even go to the loo in peace.

Rach - I love the new piccies of Jack swimming on your website!

Ambz - That must be so cute watching Savannah crawl backwards... apparently it is very normal that they go backwards before learning forwards. Xander gets around, but pretty slowly... he pivots and stuff on his tummy to get the direction he wants, then rolls to where he needs to go. If he goes 'off course' he flips to his tummy, pivots again and then starts rolling again.

Caddie - OMG.. 8 times! That just isn't fair. Sounds like you need a good strong coffee! Xander has been referred to Dr Porter up in Joondalup (closest hospy to us)

I'm currently chowing down on a few rockcakes that I just took out of the oven... easiest thing in the world to bake, but haven't made them for ages! I'd forgotten how yummy they were. Gotta go to the shops today and pick up some cake ingredients as Im baking my MIL a birthday cake... white chocolate mousse with orange and peach jelly cake (that's not a real cake name, but it'll do and describes it well!)

hi ya girls
    Sorry to hear that everyone's bubs are giving you murder. Ive got the sleeping queen at the moment,8.30pm until 7am then back down at 10am until 12pm, then down again at 5 until 6pm. YAY about time. Must be a growth spurt again, ive noticed some things looking shorter on her.
    Busy packing for our trip to melbourne, so looking forward to getting away for a few days. Rach your $$ hit my account so will send of blanket and ball first thing in the morning.
    BBL have to go to kinder to watch wilhelms 'easter hat parade'
    MAUW

Okay just popping in super quick before I race off to the shower...

Kell I love apple cinnamon pop tarts too I could eat them all day!

Anna, did you say 'easiest thing in the world to bake'? One recipe please!

Maz that's great that Vy is sleeping so well!! (and big hugs to all who had a rough night, hope tonight's a better one for you all!!)
    I do my best not to talk about River sleeping...maybe my next baby will come and bite me in the butt with sleeping anyway.

Right, later girls! xo

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast