Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #4

Nelle - I express when my boobs are sore and still have milk after feed, also if she is sleeping for more than 4hours I express some. I keep them in the fridge, which is great and will use them more at night so the whole feed on two breasts only takes 1/2 the time and we can both go back to sleep. I just heat the bottle up in hot water for few minutes and she guzzles it in 5mins versus 20mins - 30mins on a breast and I know shes getting 60mls. Oh also if you express it will bring more milk for you...

Sounds like everyones babies were up at 2am.. Wow ... sorry for no more personals im absolutely tired now and just had Trecillian over here helping me.. will post more later ..

to everyone.

Bel
    xxx

Anna- im nearly 4 weeks PP and im still bleeding.
    Its mainly when i breast feed but yes its still there just not that much. it seems to be getting to the end of it as its not the bright red colour like before. Its like the ending of a period.
    Still very uncomfy grrrrr

savanna was a good girl last night. put her to bed at 1am and she woke about 4:30, her nanna gave her a bottle feed and she finally settled down at 6:30 only to awake at 10am!

Nanna has taken her to her house today to visit her poppy so mummy can have some time to herself.
    Clean clean clean and go to the dentist to get my damn tooth fixed which broke apart when i was pregnant. i have been guzzling down nurofen like lollies hehe
    such pain!!!!!! grrr

take care ladies and have a great day!

we are having savannas christening the first saturday of november and then sis in law is having her lil ones the following sat. im her bubs godmother to be and she is savannas god mother to be. so im gonna be flat out with organising ours and helping her with hers!! arghhhh

we have chosen to have the party in a hall so there goes all the $$$ haha

better be off ladies so take care and have a lovely day!

xoxox
    luv ambz

Shell, one of my friends expresses a bit after each feed, so by the end of each day there's enough for her husband to do an 11pm feed while she goes to bed early! That's why I was wondering about expressing, cos being able to sleep through a feed when I'm super tired sounds so nice.
    Though I'm doing okay so far...

I'm not the biggest dummy fan, but mum suggested I use a dummy for when I'm trying to fight Riv's stepping reflex to get rash cream on...worked like a charm, took a fraction of the time! So hopefully his butt will get a chance to clear up I feel so bad for drinking too much orange juice...

Well, off to eat some more, the MCHN says I'll be in trouble with them if I don't eat enough It's so hard to find the time!! When I have a spare moment there's so much other stuff that needs doing!! xo

YAY... Miss Kiara decided that sleeping in her room was a good idea last night, she went 4 hourly!!! NICE! We gave her a shower, and a massage, and she looooooved it!!! Keep your fingers crossed that she does the same tonight!

Anna - With the bleeding, it can last for around 6 weeks... it can come and go, and get heavier and lighter... as long as your not losing clots then you should be right and all is normal.

Try to come back later for more personals...

You know your baby is doing well when everyone comments on how 'healthy' (ie FAT-CHUBBY!) he looks! LOL... Had him weighed today, he has hit 5kgs! 2kgs growth in 7 weeks. The health nurse was most impressed and said to keep doing whatever I was doing. She gave me a referral to a physio for him tho as he is still very reluctant to turn his head to the left even with all the exercises I've been doing with him... something to do with the poor kid being so squished in the womb. I'm not looking forward to next week tho, 8 weeks jabs!

Thanks for the info Mel ... no clots, so I guess my body is just taking it's sweet time with this. WIsh it would hurry up. Congrats on getting Kiara to have such a long sleep, must've been bliss for you!

Bel - How was Tressillian? I've heard great things about them from friends over east.

Nelle - I've been expressing after the morning feeds as I seem to have heaps of milk at that time. I 'top up' Alexander at night when my supply drops off and he seems to sleep better for it.

Ambz - OUCH... that tooth sounds so painful. Hope it's better now.

Gotta fly, grizzle guts is awake again.

Ash has kept me busy all morning. She gets so tired but can't settle to sleep. It seems routine now she gets up, has a feed, a play and when she gets tired she usually wants another bit of a feed, then I put her down, she spends an hour or more trying to settle, sleeps for half hour (if I'm lucky then its time to start all over again! Eventually she finally settles for a good sleep, this was by 3pm today!
    I don't know how else to help her settle, I put her down she gets all sleppy I leave the room, if she cries I leave her a little while and sometimes she stops but if it gets stronger i go in and whisper in her ear and pat her bottom, settles her fairly quickly but 5-10 mins later do it all again for the next hour or more!

Anna**- Great to hear Alex is fattening up quite nicely.

Nelle- i know what you mean bout finding time to eat. I get so busy i don't realise until I'm starving! I just expressed after my last feed, got 50mls using the hand pump. Next step is to try to get Ash to take the bottle so further down the track i can have a night off and Df give her feeds.

ambz- You've reminded me I need to start thinking about christening Ashleigh. My brain just can't think past a day at the moment.

Shell - my clinic nurse said to me yesterday that sometimes it's simply ok to cuddle your baby to sleep. Don't feel guilty about doing it...and it won't spoil them. Sometimes no matter how many times we try and resettle Paige by patting etc...she simply needs a cuddle and is out like a light in a matter of minutes .

We are doing well...we sorted out a lot of our feeding problems yesterday at our clinic visit...and it all seems to be falling into place today ( for now).

Well I got Nina weighed today, she's 4.35kg now. (not quite the boof Alexander is hehe!) 2 weeks ago was 3.8kg. So 550g in 2 weeks!!! Not bad hey!
    I occassionally express, mostly first thing in the morning or late at night. Nina usually only feeds from one side, and if I feel really full, then'll I'll express. It is good to have some on hand so you can have a break.
    Nelle - we give Nina a dummy when she's sooky and it works great. I don't give it to her when she goes to bed, cause when she loses it, she wakes up and cries.

Really? I'm so confused about the dummy issue girls, sometimes it seems like River is on the boob ALL the time, and he doesn't necessarily spend that time drinking, I think he is a comfort sucker...he was screaming and screaming, but was fed and changed, Rans changed him again (not sure any baby could scream that loud and not soil themselves ) and put the dummy in and he is quiet and sleeping now...

Are dummies bad for them? I heard it can cause confusion with breastfeeding, and I really don't want to screw up breastfeeding, but I know that a dummy will quiet him when nothing else works... Any advice? I really don't know what to do.

I LOVE THE DUMMY!! When I was in hospital a few babies ago (lol) I remember a MW saying to me that if it makes you're life easier then give it to them and for me it does. The only problem that I can see is hygene. As long as you're careful with sterilsing them, its ok. I have heard the nipple confusion argument , but that has never been an issue for me. Also, as long as you make sure you still feed him as regularly, because he might suck the dummy instead of crying to let you know he's hungry.

I used a dummy with my first and ruby has a dummy too.Not that she likes it and will spit it out.I think dummy and nipple confusion can happen early in the peice as its 2 different sucking actions,but with that said my girlfriend does both with no probs whatsoever.If it gives nipples a break i would go for it!
    I agree with you chrissy and you cant spoil a baby at this age.It can be more detrimental if you let them cry for too long.I find ruby just needs a cuddle at times or the other extreme left alone in her rocker!
    I cant understand that the clinic nurses are helping with sleep issues at this stage? I thought it would start around the 3 month mark when they supposedly no nite from day?
    Maz my friend!!! It arrived,and its adorable!! I will try call u tommorow if thats cool!
    Me,the terrors have awoke.Its my hubby's bday and i need to get dinner organised.
    Chow!

hey girls,

what a morning it has been. I went back to bed and woke up with really bad pain in my leg and was screaming from the pain i had simon running as i scared him to death. he called my mum to help me to get down to the doctor to have a shot of god knows what i cant remember lol . but it worked. i have only just been able to get up and about now.

they think i might have pinched something in my leg to lose all movement of it and to get that much pain. It was worst that giving birth and thats something.

riley has been really good for simon today which was great to hear. Akira slept most of the day with me simon said so i hope she will sleep to night as well.

i had so much planned to get done today and nothing was none so im PI$$ED at that. but what can i do when i have a bad day.

just got to hope it doesnt happen when simon is back at work. or im stuffed.

I used a dummy with akira and now useing onewith riley sometimes he just wants to suck on something. it keeps him happy.

well done to all the girls with there babies weight keep it up.

Well im into the shower to wake me up a bit more.

Adele

Well what a day.. I have had a wonderful productive day.. !!!

I cleaned my wardrobe and washed, ironed and bagged all of maternity clothes! I am so happy to have them out of my wardrobe!

DD had alseep today! Amazing and my prince Alexander has been a jem!

We gave him a dummy yesterday and I LOVE IT!! so does he! I use the dummy when he wakes a little too early for a feed, inside 2 hours or so.. i Find if i feed him too close together he gets really bad wind! So the dummy just extends his time, and also lets me have a shower!

Belle - How was trescillian.. I spent 9 days at a residential with my daughter with b/f issues and reflux problems.. I think they are wonderful

Hi guys, firstly thanks for all your kind thoughts and wishes.

Sorry for not many personals will be back for more later.

Anna**-I hope that Xander's ultrasound went well and that the results were all good. Sorry to hear that you are having issues needing physio. I hope that it all sorts itself out soon. Wow what a great size bub you have there. My little bundle is still so tiny- 3.9kg.

Adele- I hope that your leg doesnt play up again it sounds painful.

Nelle-Dont worry too much about using a dummy. We have used one from birth for Eithan and he is fully breastfed. I think the main problem can be finding one that they like! It also helps with his reflux, as the sucking action helps keep everything down, although he does have a tendency to spit it and then vomit, but definantly less sick with the dummy than without.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Well I took Eithan to have his blood test done yesterday. It was horrible I was sooo upset. They decided to do it by doing a p r i c k in the heel ( really a small gash) and it took at least 20mins but probably closer to 30mins to squeeze it out drop by drop into 3 small vials. He screamed the whole time the poor little thing and he had tears streaming down his cheeks into his ears. Aparently it is easier to do it this way because their veins are so deep it can take quite a few jabs to get a vein. Either way it was awful and I have a feeling he is going to have to have another one in a couple of weeks time to check on his jaundice levels again. He also had to give a urine sample, so a bag was stuck to his ball bags with his penis inside it to get the urine. I then went away to feed him and when I brought him back he had done a wee. He cried when they took it off as it hurt the skin on his ball bag.
    And now next week he is due for his immunisations and Bella is due as well for her 4 yr ones which is 2 needles. Augh I feel for both my babies so much.

Well that's enough for now, just thinking back on him getting the test done is making me all teary.

Love you all.

Love

hey girls,

im up at 2am again feeding riley. i think he is getting into a routine pattern with his feeding with is good.

helen- i hope my leg doesnt do it again either. i know how you feel when they do the baby blood test and immunisations. it will only last for a second and they will be fine.

little p - well done on cleaning out your wardrobe. wana do mine lol.

well im off to bed now riley has finished his bottle.

adele

Hi girls Well I was up at 2am feed Julia and she didnt sleep again and wanted another feed at 5.30am.. sigh im soo exausted and now have a splitting headache, why has she decided two days in a row her witching hour is at 2am - 5am? OMG its making me soo exausted. To top that off DH is sooo grumpy its really making me upset.

Helen - thinking of you I hope that the tests come back all clear. It would have been hard seeing him scream..

Adele - seems our babies have the same sleep pattern lol catchup with you later today xoxo

LittleP - the Trescillian lady at Wollstonecraft was so lovely. I wish she was coming back today need all the help I can get today..

Nat - hiya! how you doing?

Bel
    xxx
    Last edited by *Belle*; October 6th, 2006 at 06:20 AM.

I was up at 2am feeding Nina as well. What is it with babies waking at 2? She went down at 7pm so I knew she wouldn't sleep through, plus my boobs were huge and hurting so I'm glad she woke for a feed. We've worked out that if we put her in the swing at night when she's tired and grumpy, she'll fall asleep and we can put her in her cot. Hope that keeps up though cause it's taken us this long to work that out!
    Belle, once Nina had her witching hour between 3 and 5 and I just sat on the lounge with no lights on watching TV, just holding her. I found it settled her.

hi ya girls
    sorry ive been awol but ive been trying to get the whole, school, kinder baby thing into a groove.
    Helen great to hear from you babe. Hope eithan abd you are doing well after that horrible test.
    Caddie im so happy that it arrived and that you like it. NOw do you see why I had to know what paper I used on the buckets I love the fact that you can put their wrist band in it and something small from when they were born.
    Anna hope the ultra sound went well. God before we know it he'll be 2 months :eek:
    Jodi -have to put a dampner in the works, daylight savings starts at the end of the month. Then we'll be all over the place again
    Belle you must be so skinny now, is there any off you left
    Adele i hope your leg is better and that you dont have that clotting thingo that can happen.
    Little P ive just put a heap of things on ebay and sold them cause they were to big. I had a big clean up aswell. God it made me feel god.
    Nelle im with Nat (how are ya hon) i love the dummy. I think if Vyolett didn't hav eone Id be bald from having pulled my hair out. Its so good for wind too.
    Chrissyt I love hugging Vyolett to sleep. I dont see any harm in it. Its a bonding thing
    shell ,Rikki, Mel, Chrissy, Merrie, Ambz, AnnaT Hello and big kisses to you all (and anyone else I have forgotten...sorry)
    I got a full nights sleep last night (YAY!) Vyolett's been in her own room now for 2 nights cause we were sick of hearing her grunt like a pig from 3 to 5.30 in the morning.
    Off to the MHN this morning. Its the first time we're seeing her in 2 weeks so it will be interesting to see how much weight she's puts on. She now drinks 160ml :eek: and $hit's like a trooper.
    Off for a shower and then dropping amigo's off at school
    have a fantastic day were ever you are girls
    xxmaz

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast