Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #42

Default Babies Born September 2006 #42

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in September 2006.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Christy - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    Lea13 - [email protected]
    Sherie - [email protected]
    Astrolady - [email protected] ~ Administrator

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Your previous thread can be found here

Please note - To receive thread notifications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Hi All

Caddie - hope that the needles went ok for Ruby.. who is getting cuter by the day! Love the new web photos aswell. go Bindi!
    Maz - enjoy your visitors!

BBL - have a new pasion, nappies.. so will be back later

Caddie, Ive tried distancing myself from my mother and just sending her pics but even thats not enough to have her get over herself and get life back on track. Its gone beyond depression with her, she likes the attention and sympathy people give her because her married boyfriend broke up with her. Its not even a really bad reason to be depressed for so long. The whole family has had it with trying to help her when she doesnt want to get better and all her friends have cut themselves off from her too. In her eyes Im a bad daughter because a) I married a man she hates, b) I like my inlaws c) I dont spend every waking moment of my life focused on her and choose to put my son first d) I dont let her have anything to do with Jett because she's negative all the time, a liar and a drunk.
    Jett cried when she first held him because she was drunk (I didnt realise at the time or she wouldnt have been holding him), she smelt of alcohol, she looks scary (her hair is a mess, she is all bloated) and she spoke really loudly in his face. I took him off her and said something to the effect of "Oh he doesnt really remember you and he's cranky from the trip" and got obscenities back because "Im a b!tch who's turned her grandson against her". I feel she's crossed the line one too many times to get a second (more like tenth) chance at being in our lives. It horrifies me to think Jett would grow up with a grandmother like that and think its normal

Took bub to the GP and she said he has a really bad infection. Gave him antibiotics because she is worried about the cough turning into pneumonia. Just have to play the waiting game now to see if it helps him get over it. He's been cranky, crying and sleeping all afternoon poor thing

Aww Ness chick im sorry youre not well.. and DH is being a sh*t head!

Thanks Rikki/Sharleen.. i got some papaw stuff today so have put some on and will see how he goes.

Jodi.. hehe little monkey! Jesse does that with out tv cabinet too! We both might have to invest in some of those child proof latches soon i think!

AnnaT.. oh chick im sorry to hear about your trip. I dont know what to say to help but am here if you need to chat. Go and have a nice warm bath if you can.. or a shower.. always helps me when i need to clear my head.

Shell.. oh definately! Would love to meet up! Would be interesting to get these two together! Oh isnt it always the way! The days we have to get up and go our earlish are the days Jesse decides to sleep in! So very similar too!

Caddie.. hope the needles went well.

Well had another nice day with Lindsay and Laila.. oh i cant wait til school holidays are over though!!!!

how are you feeling now ness?

Ness do you need my details or do you already have them from sending me the gel????

Oh i think it must be the night for grumpy kids! All jesse did tonight was cry and whinge when i had to do something to him.. like not scooping his dinner out of the bowl fast enough, not filling the bath quick enough, rolling him to his back in the bath to wash all his bits, putting his clothes on, putting him on the floor, putting him in bed, picking him up and holding him.. he wouldnt stop then. FInally i just sat on the lounge with him until he calmed down then put him back in bed and he was out.

So with these KK's.. when we send them, do we not put a return address on them? are they secret who sends them?

Ness my hubby going to dr too tommorow about his ear! The hole in the ear was closed it was so swollen.Its taken me a week to get him there and he hasnt heard out of it for 4days.He got bad pain one nite he needed panadeine forte.I hope he hasnt damaged his eardrum silly man!!! Hope you get on the mend real soon.
    Annat sounds horrible what you have been through with your mum.Perhaps its best to just concentrate on your life still its sad you miss out on what a true mums all about.
    Annie,thanx for looking at my pics! They are cute and they can be terrors too!!!
    Nelle's been missing awhile? Normally she has her fix daily? Where are you our funny girl!!!
    Ruby was fine with her needles.Cried at the time but has been good all day!

good girl Ruby for being good after your needles

ness - I'm happy to go with the flow, so the 14th is fine.
    kel - yep, anonymous. put a return address, but don't write your name.

Nessa- I'm not fussed when we do it. But I think I'd prefer to give Ash her present on her actual birthday. I don't mind though, whatever most want to do.
    Hope your ear starts improving and give that hubby yours a swift kick up the arse!And I bet if he was the one with the ear prob he'd be acting like he was dying as all men tend to do.

Caddie- You reminded me I've still gotta get Ash's 6 month needles, gonna go monday now, hopefully I wont forget again.

Kell- For once Ash didn't do the same as Jesse! Well she had one carry-on session around 4ish but I finally managed to feed her to sleep for a nap and then she was in a great mood.

AnnaT- try not let it get you down too much, just remember you have a gorgeous son and you're a fantastic mother and without having a good role model you've managed to create and nurture that beautiful little boy.

I am so tired tonight, as I am every night. Is there anything that can help with tiredness and give more energy (besides the obvious such as more sleep!) I am sick of feeling exhausted day after day and how everything becomes such an effort and there are never ending things to do!Might have to have an early night.

What if your person knows your address as the return address?

Shell.. oh how bizzare they didnt follow suit! But im glad for you cos he was a horror! lol. Um, taking Centrum helps.. but i guess you cant do that breastfeeding. Are you taking multi vitamins? And eating breakfast? I know those ads say take Berocca everyday to help with your natural fizz.. can you take berocca?

I just had a nice warm bath.. oh i miss my baths.. i use to have them every second day before Jess.

I was some munchies now.

I'm here Caddie! Thanks for thinking of me I've just been doing things like washing! Rans is in shock I think.

And we went out for dinner tonight while mum and dad babysat - was really nice, we are definitely going to try and have semi-regular dates, so we stay connected.

Shell, I've just started taking liquid iron, and I wish I'd started earlier. Go and get some bloodwork done, they might be able to figure out if you're low in anything so you can supplement accurately. I'm always low in iron, so it wasn't too hard to figure out I needed more!

I'm still super tired though! Could be cos I'm stuffed more than a Thanksgiving turkey! Food was good though.
    So yeah, sorry for being awol, I just have been a little convinced that I spend too much time on the internet, so I'm trying to find a balance! Might take me awhile to work out.

Ness - I'm happy to go with the majority, but I'd really rather give Xander his present on his birthday (it'd wind up being a month late if we do the 15th). I think we should just send our respective pressies to arrive in time for the bubs birthday - means it may not be a secret, but I really don't think that matters once the pressie has arrived. I hope you feel better soon.

Nelle - I'm the same, trying to find an internet/family life balance.... hope I figure it out soon, I have noticed how much happier and settled Xander is since not being online as much (and the house is cleaner, dinner gets cooked, shopping gets done, pets are walked etc)

OK, hellos to all you lovely ladies... off to go take a lookie through your homepages for an update of your beautiful bubbas!

ETA:
    Shell, I am really tired lately as well; I am not totally surprised after literally being 'drained' for 8 months! I'm finding Blackmores' Pregnancy & BF'ing tabs help... Elevit are heaps better, but too pricey.
    Caddie - Your hubby and mine look fairly similar! Love the 'Bindi' pics!
    Last edited by Anna**; April 13th, 2007 at 11:09 PM.

morning all

well ihave finally have broadband.!!! YIPPEEE DH and i spent alot of time last night checking out google earth, our house isnt even built on it yet! so it must be at least 18 months old.. disappointed and i actually thought that it was a live site.. hmm o well

Anna** & Nelle... finding a balance with on-line time - i am sure that you will work it out.. i know that now Alexander is moving around i cant spend much time online as i am always mopping the floors!

BBL -

Nessa - hope that you are feeling better and Caddie's DH too!

Have a great day !

nessa, i would prefer to do it on the bubs birthdays, as i thought that was happening anyway.

anna, im hearing you on the get of the net thing, i havent been on so much of late, its starting to bore me anyway, and my ars needs to get off this chair.

annat, sorry that af arrived and that you mum is still being a bi**ch, you are doing a great job raising jett, and she just needs to get over herself. i have lived with alcohlics, and its always all about them.

kell, hi mate, dont worry about putting your name on the the rturn address as if anything goes wrong and the parcel needs to get back to you, at least theres a name and an address, we have had 2 kk thingos so far and i always put my name and address on it.

shell, hope you had a great sleep last night, caityn has decided to wake everynight at 1-3am now then wakes for the day at 5am, so im hearing you on the tied front, i think she is getting more teeth, so she is a bit grumpy.

caddie, i had a bit of a sneak peak at your beautiful daughters as well, very cheeky girls

well thats it for me today, i need to re arange the girls room today, the landlords have decided to pay us a visit this week, after renting this house for nearly 3 years, they have decided to see what needs to be done ( mind you we have been asking for 2 years), so we reckon they are going to sell the house, so her goes again trying to find somewhere else to live!!

have a great weekend

I dont mind when we give the pressies.. Jess wont mind i dont think either way.

Ok cool thanks Chrissy will work something out. Oh hope they dont wanna sell the house. We're renting too and hav only been here about 9 months but still having to move everything would be a biatch! Hope its just an inspection cos the real estate was naughty and shouldve been doing them earlier.

Ness hope youre doing better today.

Not much from me.. feel super tired. Jess is playing on the mat atm.. hope we dont have a reacurance of last night today. Would be interesting if another tooth was on its way..

Morning all, well Nina slept a whopping 14.5 hours last night!!!
    And we have another little milestone, when she's kneeling on her knees, if I hold her hand, she can stand up all by herself. She knows how to get up on her feet!! Then I walk around the house with her, while I hold her upright. She loves it! I'm very proud of her.
    Well that's all for me, Ness got my kk bub, thanks.

ness - hope you're feeling better today. i too would prefer to give ainsleigh her gift on her bday... i'm sure we'll all be wishing each other's bubs happy bday and will be able to see who got what.

anna and nelle - i know what you mean about finding that balance... and floor mopping helen! i keep putting it off as a must do everyday thing as ainsleigh is still on the rug, but won't be long till it must be done. especially with the big woofa in the house.

chrissy - good luck with the owners, hope they don't want to sell.

annat- sorry to hear you are still having mum issues...

kell - hope you can sneak in a nana nap today...

hello to everyone else... i feel exhausted. think the sleepless nights (literally) in the hospital have caught up to me. plus princess girl is still so unsettled.... last night she woke up absolutely screaming when i put her in her cot (she fell asleep in my arms) and so i took her down to see my dad for an hour as she would not settle (he only lives around the corner) and then she woke up screaming again an hour after she went down. she ended up in bed with me... think she is still upset about the hospy visit too.... and she is still so wheezy. my dad wanted to take her back to the hospy, but i told him she is ten times better than before.... poor possum

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast